Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach North East: Rare & Odd Workings - April 2021

Stagecoach North East: Rare & Odd Workings - April 2021

Stagecoach North East: Rare & Odd Workings - April 2021

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
06 May 2021, 2:32 pm #21
I've never personally seen the 30/31 that busy and believe the 32/32A and 35 are probably the least used services. The 36 looked busy whenever I used to see it, and the 38 is a popular service. The 1, 39/40 and 62/63 I'd say are the most popular and the others at peak times 10/11, 71/72, 87 and expresses.

GCT isn't my favourite operator either, but they already operate the 32A, so 30/31 seemed logical for route numbers, but maybe they could do the 35 (GNE run this as the 33A on evenings and Sundays). Stagecoach, and the others have all received government funding to keep the services viable during the pandemic. All I meant was if Stagecoach had to cut back and restructure, they'd be my suggestions. As the 13 operates in Stagecoach territory and is a short route they could take it over commercially in exchange for the 35 maybe. Good point on the 30/31 serving Gosforth, I thought of that afterwards.

6/7 I'd give a special livery, "All 6s and 7s" in Stagecoach colours and promote it more. Blakelaw should be omitted, and the expresses and 100 shuttle more than serve the Metrocentre (from West Denton there is the X82 into town). Gosforth should have an express into town (maybe extend the X47?).

New "Stagecoach Express Connect" livery should be introduced for all of the expresses.
OrangeArrow49
06 May 2021, 2:32 pm #21

I've never personally seen the 30/31 that busy and believe the 32/32A and 35 are probably the least used services. The 36 looked busy whenever I used to see it, and the 38 is a popular service. The 1, 39/40 and 62/63 I'd say are the most popular and the others at peak times 10/11, 71/72, 87 and expresses.

GCT isn't my favourite operator either, but they already operate the 32A, so 30/31 seemed logical for route numbers, but maybe they could do the 35 (GNE run this as the 33A on evenings and Sundays). Stagecoach, and the others have all received government funding to keep the services viable during the pandemic. All I meant was if Stagecoach had to cut back and restructure, they'd be my suggestions. As the 13 operates in Stagecoach territory and is a short route they could take it over commercially in exchange for the 35 maybe. Good point on the 30/31 serving Gosforth, I thought of that afterwards.

6/7 I'd give a special livery, "All 6s and 7s" in Stagecoach colours and promote it more. Blakelaw should be omitted, and the expresses and 100 shuttle more than serve the Metrocentre (from West Denton there is the X82 into town). Gosforth should have an express into town (maybe extend the X47?).

New "Stagecoach Express Connect" livery should be introduced for all of the expresses.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average