Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East 'Bus Full' destination displays

'Bus Full' destination displays

'Bus Full' destination displays

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

GNE6312

02 May 2021, 9:34 pm #1
Noticed last week GNE bus full dests flash between the route number and destination and route number bus full due to social distancing or Just route number and destination to route number and bus full in large writing on voltra, got to admit that's not a good idea as that just attracts people to put their hand out for an already full bus. GNE bus full dests should be like the Scottish citylink coach full dests which just say coach full in big writing with no route number GNE (and indeed Arriva and Stagecoach) should adapt that style as noone will even put their hand out for it as they'll think it's not in service or something. I'll attach a picture of a full 900 using the coach full dest.
GNE6312
02 May 2021, 9:34 pm #1

Noticed last week GNE bus full dests flash between the route number and destination and route number bus full due to social distancing or Just route number and destination to route number and bus full in large writing on voltra, got to admit that's not a good idea as that just attracts people to put their hand out for an already full bus. GNE bus full dests should be like the Scottish citylink coach full dests which just say coach full in big writing with no route number GNE (and indeed Arriva and Stagecoach) should adapt that style as noone will even put their hand out for it as they'll think it's not in service or something. I'll attach a picture of a full 900 using the coach full dest.

02 May 2021, 9:48 pm #2
(02 May 2021, 9:34 pm)GNE6312 Noticed last week GNE bus full dests flash between the route number and destination and route number bus full due to social distancing or Just route number and destination to route number and bus full in large writing on voltra, got to admit that's not a good idea as that just attracts people to put their hand out for an already full bus. GNE bus full dests should be like the Scottish citylink coach full dests which just say coach full in big writing with no route number GNE (and indeed Arriva and Stagecoach) should adapt that style as noone will even put their hand out for it as they'll think it's not in service or something. I'll attach a picture of a full 900 using the coach full dest.

Don't buses legally still have to show the route number and destination even when they're full to remain PSVAR compliant?
streetdeckfan
02 May 2021, 9:48 pm #2

(02 May 2021, 9:34 pm)GNE6312 Noticed last week GNE bus full dests flash between the route number and destination and route number bus full due to social distancing or Just route number and destination to route number and bus full in large writing on voltra, got to admit that's not a good idea as that just attracts people to put their hand out for an already full bus. GNE bus full dests should be like the Scottish citylink coach full dests which just say coach full in big writing with no route number GNE (and indeed Arriva and Stagecoach) should adapt that style as noone will even put their hand out for it as they'll think it's not in service or something. I'll attach a picture of a full 900 using the coach full dest.

Don't buses legally still have to show the route number and destination even when they're full to remain PSVAR compliant?

GNE6312

02 May 2021, 10:04 pm #3
(02 May 2021, 9:48 pm)streetdeckfan Don't buses legally still have to show the route number and destination even when they're full to remain PSVAR compliant?

Im not too sure but I'm sure someone else will know, although, Scottish citylink don't seem to think so with their coach full dests, though not sure how that should affect the PSVAR compliance because if its full noone will be getting on till someone gets off.
GNE6312
02 May 2021, 10:04 pm #3

(02 May 2021, 9:48 pm)streetdeckfan Don't buses legally still have to show the route number and destination even when they're full to remain PSVAR compliant?

Im not too sure but I'm sure someone else will know, although, Scottish citylink don't seem to think so with their coach full dests, though not sure how that should affect the PSVAR compliance because if its full noone will be getting on till someone gets off.

02 May 2021, 10:06 pm #4
Then you'll have problems of passengers wondering if the bus that has just gone past was theirs or a different one. You'll have people waiting thinking it could be a bit late, then being annoyed when they find out the bus that flew past them 10 minutes ago was actually theirs and they'll be waiting for another 20 minutes...

Pretty sure MG said in his Facebook Live that if the bus were to be full, the driver should still stop to advise passengers, make a record, ask for a duplicate etc. unless on a busy corridor.
Adtrainsam
02 May 2021, 10:06 pm #4

Then you'll have problems of passengers wondering if the bus that has just gone past was theirs or a different one. You'll have people waiting thinking it could be a bit late, then being annoyed when they find out the bus that flew past them 10 minutes ago was actually theirs and they'll be waiting for another 20 minutes...

Pretty sure MG said in his Facebook Live that if the bus were to be full, the driver should still stop to advise passengers, make a record, ask for a duplicate etc. unless on a busy corridor.

big mac

03 May 2021, 2:37 pm #5
(02 May 2021, 10:06 pm)Adtrainsam Then you'll have problems of passengers wondering if the bus that has just gone past was theirs or a different one. You'll have people waiting thinking it could be a bit late, then being annoyed when they find out the bus that flew past them 10 minutes ago was actually theirs and they'll be waiting for another 20 minutes...

How common an occurance has it been for GNE to need to display a service is full during the pandemic?

Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Tapatalk
big mac
03 May 2021, 2:37 pm #5

(02 May 2021, 10:06 pm)Adtrainsam Then you'll have problems of passengers wondering if the bus that has just gone past was theirs or a different one. You'll have people waiting thinking it could be a bit late, then being annoyed when they find out the bus that flew past them 10 minutes ago was actually theirs and they'll be waiting for another 20 minutes...

How common an occurance has it been for GNE to need to display a service is full during the pandemic?

BusLoverMum

03 May 2021, 4:30 pm #6
(03 May 2021, 2:37 pm)big mac How common an occurance has it been for GNE to need to display a service is full during the pandemic?

I've seen a "full" X21 pass a few times, including on a weekend. I don't bank on being able to catch it from fram to Newcastle.
BusLoverMum
03 May 2021, 4:30 pm #6

(03 May 2021, 2:37 pm)big mac How common an occurance has it been for GNE to need to display a service is full during the pandemic?

I've seen a "full" X21 pass a few times, including on a weekend. I don't bank on being able to catch it from fram to Newcastle.

Andreos1

03 May 2021, 5:31 pm #7
(03 May 2021, 4:30 pm)BusLoverMum I've seen a "full" X21 pass a few times, including on a weekend. I don't bank on being able to catch it from fram to Newcastle.

I've seen a few ANE services showing 'bus full' and on sections of route where there's 2 or 3 services, it's not too easy to determine which service it actually is.

As an example, Windsor Road in Saltburn has the X3/A and X4 along it.
The double back loop the X3/A makes along Windsor Road, results in even more confusion if they're displaying 'bus full'.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
03 May 2021, 5:31 pm #7

(03 May 2021, 4:30 pm)BusLoverMum I've seen a "full" X21 pass a few times, including on a weekend. I don't bank on being able to catch it from fram to Newcastle.

I've seen a few ANE services showing 'bus full' and on sections of route where there's 2 or 3 services, it's not too easy to determine which service it actually is.

The double back loop the X3/A makes along Windsor Road, results in even more confusion if they're displaying 'bus full'.

Kuyoyo

03 May 2021, 6:37 pm #8
(03 May 2021, 5:31 pm)Andreos1 I've seen a few ANE services showing 'bus full' and on sections of route where there's 2 or 3 services, it's not too easy to determine which service it actually is.

All Arriva North East ‘Bus Full’ displays also show the service number.
Kuyoyo
03 May 2021, 6:37 pm #8

(03 May 2021, 5:31 pm)Andreos1 I've seen a few ANE services showing 'bus full' and on sections of route where there's 2 or 3 services, it's not too easy to determine which service it actually is.

All Arriva North East ‘Bus Full’ displays also show the service number.

Andreos1

03 May 2021, 8:57 pm #9
(03 May 2021, 6:37 pm)Kuyoyo All Arriva North East ‘Bus Full’ displays also show the service number.

Makes no difference whether they do or not.
Standing on Windsor Road and seeing an X3 coming - not knowing if it's off to Lingdale or Boro.
Or an X3A that's going to take you to Asda or not.

Andreos1
03 May 2021, 8:57 pm #9

(03 May 2021, 6:37 pm)Kuyoyo All Arriva North East ‘Bus Full’ displays also show the service number.

Makes no difference whether they do or not.
Standing on Windsor Road and seeing an X3 coming - not knowing if it's off to Lingdale or Boro.
Or an X3A that's going to take you to Asda or not.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average