Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways Cracks found on Hitachi Trains!!

Cracks found on Hitachi Trains!!

Cracks found on Hitachi Trains!!

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
Rob44

08 May 2021, 8:51 am #1
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57036247

nothing running oneastcoast main line according to report
Rob44
08 May 2021, 8:51 am #1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57036247

citaro5284

08 May 2021, 9:08 am #2
(08 May 2021, 8:51 am)Rob44 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57036247

Not just Hitachi ones either.  Northern suffered the same with their CAF's recently too.

Once the trains are checked they are entering service I believe, so there are some LNER services running now.
citaro5284
08 May 2021, 9:08 am #2

(08 May 2021, 8:51 am)Rob44 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57036247

Not just Hitachi ones either.  Northern suffered the same with their CAF's recently too.

Once the trains are checked they are entering service I believe, so there are some LNER services running now.

08 May 2021, 9:29 am #3
According to a tweet
All LNER services are not running at all
Micheal Aaron
08 May 2021, 9:29 am #3

According to a tweet

08 May 2021, 9:33 am #4
(08 May 2021, 9:29 am)Micheal Aaron According to a tweet

That is false, there has been a limited service from 0700.
omnicity4659
08 May 2021, 9:33 am #4

That is false, there has been a limited service from 0700.

citaro5284

08 May 2021, 9:51 am #5

Real Time Trains are showing some services running through Newcastle....

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/...59?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=GR
citaro5284
08 May 2021, 9:51 am #5

Real Time Trains are showing some services running through Newcastle....

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/...59?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=GR

Andreos1

08 May 2021, 1:34 pm #6
Maybe those 43's won't be retired after all!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
08 May 2021, 1:34 pm #6

Maybe those 43's won't be retired after all!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

08 May 2021, 3:51 pm #7
(08 May 2021, 9:08 am)citaro5284 Not just Hitachi ones either.  Northern suffered the same with their CAF's recently too.

My understanding is that the CAF unit problems are caused by cracks in the yaw dampers, whereas the current problem afflicting the Hitachi units is related to significant cracks being found in the jacking points.
Ianthegoon
08 May 2021, 3:51 pm #7

(08 May 2021, 9:08 am)citaro5284 Not just Hitachi ones either.  Northern suffered the same with their CAF's recently too.

My understanding is that the CAF unit problems are caused by cracks in the yaw dampers, whereas the current problem afflicting the Hitachi units is related to significant cracks being found in the jacking points.

mb134

09 May 2021, 12:55 pm #8
Nice to know that LNER operate some of these Hitachi trains. Until yesterday I thought their fleet was entirely made up of some swanky "Azuma's". Oh, they're the same thing?

LNER communication hasn't been fantastic over this situation.
mb134
09 May 2021, 12:55 pm #8

Nice to know that LNER operate some of these Hitachi trains. Until yesterday I thought their fleet was entirely made up of some swanky "Azuma's". Oh, they're the same thing?

09 May 2021, 1:31 pm #9
(09 May 2021, 12:55 pm)mb134 Nice to know that LNER operate some of these Hitachi trains. Until yesterday I thought their fleet was entirely made up of some swanky "Azuma's". Oh, they're the same thing?

Can you blame them. I hate it when people blame LNER as they all think its there fault. Same problem with the metro. If a metro breaks down or fails. Its not the guy/girl who runs the twitter account. Give them a break. These things happen
Micheal Aaron
09 May 2021, 1:31 pm #9

(09 May 2021, 12:55 pm)mb134 Nice to know that LNER operate some of these Hitachi trains. Until yesterday I thought their fleet was entirely made up of some swanky "Azuma's". Oh, they're the same thing?

Can you blame them. I hate it when people blame LNER as they all think its there fault. Same problem with the metro. If a metro breaks down or fails. Its not the guy/girl who runs the twitter account. Give them a break. These things happen

mb134

09 May 2021, 1:55 pm #10
(09 May 2021, 1:31 pm)Micheal Aaron Can you blame them. I hate it when people blame LNER as they all think its there fault. Same problem with the metro. If a metro breaks down or fails. Its not the guy/girl who runs the twitter account. Give them a break. These things happen

Yes you can. It's the job of the communications department to inform (and reassure) passengers. 

Of course you can't blame them for the cracks being found, but you can hold them accountable for poor communication. They have continued with "Class 800 Hitachi", while numerous comments have been along the lines of "my service is ran with Azumas, so I'll be fine?".
mb134
09 May 2021, 1:55 pm #10

(09 May 2021, 1:31 pm)Micheal Aaron Can you blame them. I hate it when people blame LNER as they all think its there fault. Same problem with the metro. If a metro breaks down or fails. Its not the guy/girl who runs the twitter account. Give them a break. These things happen

Yes you can. It's the job of the communications department to inform (and reassure) passengers. 

Of course you can't blame them for the cracks being found, but you can hold them accountable for poor communication. They have continued with "Class 800 Hitachi", while numerous comments have been along the lines of "my service is ran with Azumas, so I'll be fine?".

09 May 2021, 2:01 pm #11
But why blame LNER it isn't there fault. Its the company who made the trains. You can't blame a person running a twitter account. It's not there fault. The amount of shit they get put through
Micheal Aaron
09 May 2021, 2:01 pm #11

But why blame LNER it isn't there fault. Its the company who made the trains. You can't blame a person running a twitter account. It's not there fault. The amount of shit they get put through

Dan

Site Administrator

09 May 2021, 2:03 pm #12
(09 May 2021, 1:55 pm)mb134 Yes you can. It's the job of the communications department to inform (and reassure) passengers. 

Goes to show the power of a good brand, though!
Dan
09 May 2021, 2:03 pm #12

(09 May 2021, 1:55 pm)mb134 Yes you can. It's the job of the communications department to inform (and reassure) passengers. 

Goes to show the power of a good brand, though!

mb134

09 May 2021, 2:27 pm #13
(09 May 2021, 2:01 pm)Micheal Aaron But why blame LNER it isn't there fault. Its the company who made the trains. You can't blame a person running a twitter account. It's not there fault. The amount of shit they get put through

Eh?! Nobody is blaming LNER for the cracks, nor is anyone blaming GWR or TPE. Nobody is blaming "a person running a twitter account". 

The overall communication from LNER was awful at the start, and continues to be confusing.
mb134
09 May 2021, 2:27 pm #13

(09 May 2021, 2:01 pm)Micheal Aaron But why blame LNER it isn't there fault. Its the company who made the trains. You can't blame a person running a twitter account. It's not there fault. The amount of shit they get put through

Eh?! Nobody is blaming LNER for the cracks, nor is anyone blaming GWR or TPE. Nobody is blaming "a person running a twitter account". 

The overall communication from LNER was awful at the start, and continues to be confusing.

09 May 2021, 4:02 pm #14
Nobody is blaming LNER for the cracks, nor is anyone blaming GWR or TPE. Nobody is blaming "a person running a twitter account

Have you seen the replies once it was announced yesterday. People don't understand it can't be helped
Micheal Aaron
09 May 2021, 4:02 pm #14

Nobody is blaming LNER for the cracks, nor is anyone blaming GWR or TPE. Nobody is blaming "a person running a twitter account

Have you seen the replies once it was announced yesterday. People don't understand it can't be helped

Adrian

09 May 2021, 4:07 pm #15

As a customer, why would I care less who manufactured the trains? My contract is with the operator, in the form of that I've purchased a ticket and in return they provide me with a journey from A to B. Its really no concern who provides the trains, who maintains the track, signals or even the coffee machine. 

LNER are responsible for keeping their customers informed - and them alone.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 May 2021, 4:07 pm #15

As a customer, why would I care less who manufactured the trains? My contract is with the operator, in the form of that I've purchased a ticket and in return they provide me with a journey from A to B. Its really no concern who provides the trains, who maintains the track, signals or even the coffee machine. 

09 May 2021, 5:04 pm #16
(09 May 2021, 4:07 pm)Adrian As a customer, why would I care less who manufactured the trains? My contract is with the operator, in the form of that I've purchased a ticket and in return they provide me with a journey from A to B. Its really no concern who provides the trains, who maintains the track, signals or even the coffee machine. 

Yea u try tell that to the people who were slating them yesterday. All they were doing was keeping people informed and they got slated for it
Micheal Aaron
09 May 2021, 5:04 pm #16

(09 May 2021, 4:07 pm)Adrian As a customer, why would I care less who manufactured the trains? My contract is with the operator, in the form of that I've purchased a ticket and in return they provide me with a journey from A to B. Its really no concern who provides the trains, who maintains the track, signals or even the coffee machine. 

Yea u try tell that to the people who were slating them yesterday. All they were doing was keeping people informed and they got slated for it

Adrian

09 May 2021, 9:15 pm #17
(09 May 2021, 5:04 pm)Micheal Aaron Yea u try tell that to the people who were slating them yesterday. All they were doing was keeping people informed and they got slated for it

...but they weren't! The communication was extremely poor. 
Just telling people not to travel doesn't exactly help people that need to travel.

Adrian
09 May 2021, 9:15 pm #17

(09 May 2021, 5:04 pm)Micheal Aaron Yea u try tell that to the people who were slating them yesterday. All they were doing was keeping people informed and they got slated for it

...but they weren't! The communication was extremely poor. 
Just telling people not to travel doesn't exactly help people that need to travel.

09 May 2021, 10:00 pm #18
What response would you like them give
Micheal Aaron
09 May 2021, 10:00 pm #18

What response would you like them give

Adrian

09 May 2021, 11:03 pm #19
(09 May 2021, 10:00 pm)Micheal Aaron What response would you like them give
A better response than that.

Would you be happy if you had a power cut, and your energy company's only response was to tell you to not use electricity this weekend? I think not.

If businesses don't review how they handle major disruption, then they'll never improve. Part of that process is customers telling them it isn't good enough, although you'll always get marks that think everything is perfect.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Adrian
09 May 2021, 11:03 pm #19

(09 May 2021, 10:00 pm)Micheal Aaron What response would you like them give
A better response than that.

Would you be happy if you had a power cut, and your energy company's only response was to tell you to not use electricity this weekend? I think not.

If businesses don't review how they handle major disruption, then they'll never improve. Part of that process is customers telling them it isn't good enough, although you'll always get marks that think everything is perfect.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

mb134

10 May 2021, 1:59 am #20
(09 May 2021, 10:00 pm)Micheal Aaron What response would you like them give

As a short example: 

- An issue with our Azuma (Class 800 Hitachi) trains means that we're unable to run a service today. This issue is under investigation and further updates will be provided when we have them. 

- Plans (coaches, ticket acceptance through other TOCs etc) are being put in place for those who need to travel today. Further updates are imminent, please keep posted. If you need to get somewhere, we'll try our best to make sure you do. 

- Full refunds are available to passengers who no longer wish to travel. Tickets dated today (Sat 8th) and Sunday 9th will be valid for the next 7 days. This period may be extended should the problem continue into the week, so don't worry if you have travel booked for the coming days. 

This is easy to understand for customers, doesn't make them panic, allows for flexibility in travel to spread this weekends load through the week. Also means that customers aren't left in confusion as to why trains they've never heard of mean that no service is running. I'm aware they said some of those things, but it's more the actual tone/underlying message of DO NOT TRAVEL that folk have issue with. 

Its not perfect, and there may be problems with it, but it's better than what LNER served up yesterday.

People are generally very accepting and understanding of problems if they are properly explained with familiar language. Put it this way, I'd imagine folk would be a lot more understanding if Apple said "Sorry, you might need to wait a bit longer for your new iPhone as we're experiencing a shortage of screens. We'll keep you posted with new timeframes as soon as we can" than if they said "Foxconn have an issue with their supply chain and availability of product A2172/A2402/A2403/A2404 is delayed". Not a fantastic example but it's all I can think of at this time.

Equally, you seem keen to defend these social media staff to the hilt. Would you say responses such as "They aren't our services so I couldn't say.", or "That is not our route, Alan." are adequate? I wouldn't. In what is a stressful time for my customers, I'd be going out of my way to point them in the right direction or to copy in another TOCs Twitter - as they usually do when it's a light hearted conversation/LNER are getting praised. It would be like someone walking into McDonald's and asking for a Whopper and the response being "not from us", rather than "Sorry, Burger King do the Whopper. We can get you a Big Mac, or the Burger King is just across the road".
mb134
10 May 2021, 1:59 am #20

(09 May 2021, 10:00 pm)Micheal Aaron What response would you like them give

As a short example: 

- An issue with our Azuma (Class 800 Hitachi) trains means that we're unable to run a service today. This issue is under investigation and further updates will be provided when we have them. 

- Plans (coaches, ticket acceptance through other TOCs etc) are being put in place for those who need to travel today. Further updates are imminent, please keep posted. If you need to get somewhere, we'll try our best to make sure you do. 

- Full refunds are available to passengers who no longer wish to travel. Tickets dated today (Sat 8th) and Sunday 9th will be valid for the next 7 days. This period may be extended should the problem continue into the week, so don't worry if you have travel booked for the coming days. 

This is easy to understand for customers, doesn't make them panic, allows for flexibility in travel to spread this weekends load through the week. Also means that customers aren't left in confusion as to why trains they've never heard of mean that no service is running. I'm aware they said some of those things, but it's more the actual tone/underlying message of DO NOT TRAVEL that folk have issue with. 

Its not perfect, and there may be problems with it, but it's better than what LNER served up yesterday.

People are generally very accepting and understanding of problems if they are properly explained with familiar language. Put it this way, I'd imagine folk would be a lot more understanding if Apple said "Sorry, you might need to wait a bit longer for your new iPhone as we're experiencing a shortage of screens. We'll keep you posted with new timeframes as soon as we can" than if they said "Foxconn have an issue with their supply chain and availability of product A2172/A2402/A2403/A2404 is delayed". Not a fantastic example but it's all I can think of at this time.

Equally, you seem keen to defend these social media staff to the hilt. Would you say responses such as "They aren't our services so I couldn't say.", or "That is not our route, Alan." are adequate? I wouldn't. In what is a stressful time for my customers, I'd be going out of my way to point them in the right direction or to copy in another TOCs Twitter - as they usually do when it's a light hearted conversation/LNER are getting praised. It would be like someone walking into McDonald's and asking for a Whopper and the response being "not from us", rather than "Sorry, Burger King do the Whopper. We can get you a Big Mac, or the Burger King is just across the road".

Pages (2): 1 2 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average