Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Other forums

Other forums

Other forums

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

idiot

08 May 2021, 9:51 am #1
Looking to expand my reading of various forums. What do you visit?

I'm on RTG and Cycle Chat. Don't frequent any others.
idiot
08 May 2021, 9:51 am #1

Looking to expand my reading of various forums. What do you visit?

MurdnunoC

08 May 2021, 10:54 am #2
Skyscraper City is always decent. Some posters on here post there too
MurdnunoC
08 May 2021, 10:54 am #2

Skyscraper City is always decent. Some posters on here post there too

Andreos1

08 May 2021, 11:23 am #3
(08 May 2021, 9:51 am)idiot Looking to expand my reading of various forums. What do you visit?

I'm not on there, but often look at it when I'm feeling down and need cheering up.
Some of the comments on there make my day at times.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
08 May 2021, 11:23 am #3

(08 May 2021, 9:51 am)idiot Looking to expand my reading of various forums. What do you visit?

I'm not on there, but often look at it when I'm feeling down and need cheering up.

Rob44

08 May 2021, 11:35 am #4
(08 May 2021, 11:23 am)Andreos1 I'm not on there, but often look at it when I'm feeling down and need cheering up.
i'm also on RTG.  Dont post very often. Also try to avoid the Threads about NUFC on there cause it either makes me chuckle till i do a little wee or makes me made so i feel like breaking something.  I keep to the general discussion threads. Politics especially is discussed on there with wide spectrum of view.

Used to go on a Darts forum called DOUBLE FINISH but searching for it looks like it no longer exists
Rob44
08 May 2021, 11:35 am #4

(08 May 2021, 11:23 am)Andreos1 I'm not on there, but often look at it when I'm feeling down and need cheering up.
i'm also on RTG.  Dont post very often. Also try to avoid the Threads about NUFC on there cause it either makes me chuckle till i do a little wee or makes me made so i feel like breaking something.  I keep to the general discussion threads. Politics especially is discussed on there with wide spectrum of view.

Used to go on a Darts forum called DOUBLE FINISH but searching for it looks like it no longer exists

08 May 2021, 2:10 pm #5
A change I've noticed on this forum is that we can no longer access it without logging on. While there are advantages in preventing lurkers, it could likewise discourage new members from joining and contributing.
MetrolineGA1511
08 May 2021, 2:10 pm #5

A change I've noticed on this forum is that we can no longer access it without logging on. While there are advantages in preventing lurkers, it could likewise discourage new members from joining and contributing.

08 May 2021, 4:00 pm #6
(08 May 2021, 2:10 pm)Metroline1511 A change I've noticed on this forum is that we can no longer access it without logging on.  While there are advantages in preventing lurkers, it could likewise discourage new members from joining and contributing.

Hadn't realised that; I always just log on.

But if I hadn't been able to read all the posts then I wouldn't have known what kind of forum I was planning on joining - I was a long-time lurker, and had already got to know which of the contributors here made most sense, and the kind of material that would be available.
Ianthegoon
08 May 2021, 4:00 pm #6

(08 May 2021, 2:10 pm)Metroline1511 A change I've noticed on this forum is that we can no longer access it without logging on.  While there are advantages in preventing lurkers, it could likewise discourage new members from joining and contributing.

Hadn't realised that; I always just log on.

But if I hadn't been able to read all the posts then I wouldn't have known what kind of forum I was planning on joining - I was a long-time lurker, and had already got to know which of the contributors here made most sense, and the kind of material that would be available.

BusLoverMum

08 May 2021, 4:52 pm #7
Mumsnet Big Grin. (you think the froth on here gets bad)

Often lurk on reddit and often regret de-lurking. They're a combative bunch.
BusLoverMum
08 May 2021, 4:52 pm #7

Mumsnet Big Grin. (you think the froth on here gets bad)

Often lurk on reddit and often regret de-lurking. They're a combative bunch.

Andreos1

08 May 2021, 5:11 pm #8
(08 May 2021, 11:35 am)Rob44 i'm also on RTG.  Dont post very often. Also try to avoid the Threads about NUFC on there cause it either makes me chuckle till i do a little wee or makes me made so i feel like breaking something.  I keep to the general discussion threads. Politics especially is discussed on there with wide spectrum of view.

I assumed the Darts you were on about were of the Dennis or Super Pointer variety.
After re-reading, I'm guessing you were on about the Jim Bowen and Sid Waddell variety of darts.

Andreos1
08 May 2021, 5:11 pm #8

(08 May 2021, 11:35 am)Rob44 i'm also on RTG.  Dont post very often. Also try to avoid the Threads about NUFC on there cause it either makes me chuckle till i do a little wee or makes me made so i feel like breaking something.  I keep to the general discussion threads. Politics especially is discussed on there with wide spectrum of view.

I assumed the Darts you were on about were of the Dennis or Super Pointer variety.
After re-reading, I'm guessing you were on about the Jim Bowen and Sid Waddell variety of darts.

MurdnunoC

08 May 2021, 6:09 pm #9
(08 May 2021, 5:11 pm)Andreos1 I assumed the Darts you were on about were of the Dennis or Super Pointer variety.

There should really be a forum dedicated to Sid Waddell-isms somewhere. I think he co-wrote Jossie's Giants too but I could be wrong on that.
MurdnunoC
08 May 2021, 6:09 pm #9

(08 May 2021, 5:11 pm)Andreos1 I assumed the Darts you were on about were of the Dennis or Super Pointer variety.

There should really be a forum dedicated to Sid Waddell-isms somewhere. I think he co-wrote Jossie's Giants too but I could be wrong on that.

Andreos1

08 May 2021, 7:23 pm #10
(08 May 2021, 6:09 pm)MurdnunoC There should really be a forum dedicated to Sid Waddell-isms somewhere. I think he co-wrote Jossie's Giants too but I could be wrong on that.

He was certainly involved in it.

https://youtu.be/zs9A3sad5lg

Jossie's Giants!

Andreos1
08 May 2021, 7:23 pm #10

(08 May 2021, 6:09 pm)MurdnunoC There should really be a forum dedicated to Sid Waddell-isms somewhere. I think he co-wrote Jossie's Giants too but I could be wrong on that.

He was certainly involved in it.

https://youtu.be/zs9A3sad5lg

Jossie's Giants!

Rob44

09 May 2021, 6:39 am #11

Yes  mate the 3 arrows and a board variety. Was great at the time as the BDO still existed amd was giving the PDC q run for there money
Rob44
09 May 2021, 6:39 am #11

Yes  mate the 3 arrows and a board variety. Was great at the time as the BDO still existed amd was giving the PDC q run for there money

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average