Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Durham Father's Day Rally - Howlands Park & Ride - 20th June 2021

Durham Father's Day Rally - Howlands Park & Ride - 20th June 2021

Durham Father's Day Rally - Howlands Park & Ride - 20th June 2021

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5): Previous 13 4 5 Next
18 Jun 2021, 8:33 pm #61
Go North East & MG live Facebook event have confirmation that 6101 will be making a public appearance on Sunday at Durham rally
Micheal Aaron
18 Jun 2021, 8:33 pm #61

Go North East & MG live Facebook event have confirmation that 6101 will be making a public appearance on Sunday at Durham rally

18 Jun 2021, 9:54 pm #62
A comment on the Facebook nebpt says the shuttle will depart from outside the BHF on Durham Road
Micheal Aaron
18 Jun 2021, 9:54 pm #62

A comment on the Facebook nebpt says the shuttle will depart from outside the BHF on Durham Road

19 Jun 2021, 1:25 pm #63
A confirmation from Craig Smith of the Northern National Restoration Group that non of there buses will be attending tomorrow/this year
Micheal Aaron
19 Jun 2021, 1:25 pm #63

A confirmation from Craig Smith of the Northern National Restoration Group that non of there buses will be attending tomorrow/this year

BusLoverMum

20 Jun 2021, 4:42 pm #64
So did anyone go, then?

We pootled over (by car) for half an hour. Nice to see arriva back there but some of their offering was beginning to look like it belonged in the preserved category!
BusLoverMum
20 Jun 2021, 4:42 pm #64

So did anyone go, then?

We pootled over (by car) for half an hour. Nice to see arriva back there but some of their offering was beginning to look like it belonged in the preserved category!

20 Jun 2021, 4:47 pm #65
Yea. 26 buses turned up. Really Really good event
Micheal Aaron
20 Jun 2021, 4:47 pm #65

Yea. 26 buses turned up. Really Really good event

20 Jun 2021, 5:01 pm #66
Yes was a good turn out. I think my highlight was the lothian atlantean, which I saw a few years ago under restoration at lathalmond. As usual PTE 680 was immaculately turned out.[Image: cd7e4a011a35ae64b282348be37901fa.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
atlantean560
20 Jun 2021, 5:01 pm #66

Yes was a good turn out. I think my highlight was the lothian atlantean, which I saw a few years ago under restoration at lathalmond. As usual PTE 680 was immaculately turned out.[Image: cd7e4a011a35ae64b282348be37901fa.jpg]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Charles41

20 Jun 2021, 5:41 pm #67
Have to say attendance was a lot better than usual. Only stayed about an hour but glad l went. GNE and JH vehicles were immaculate. Got some good books too. Might try to make Shildon Rally in August.

Charles
Charles41
20 Jun 2021, 5:41 pm #67

Have to say attendance was a lot better than usual. Only stayed about an hour but glad l went. GNE and JH vehicles were immaculate. Got some good books too. Might try to make Shildon Rally in August.

Charles

20 Jun 2021, 6:18 pm #68
(20 Jun 2021, 5:41 pm)Charles41 Have to say attendance was a lot better than usual. Only stayed about an hour but glad l went. GNE and JH vehicles were immaculate. Got some good books too. Might try to make Shildon Rally in August.

Charles

Though the NEBPT offering was a bit lacklustre - only 268 in attendance from their collection (plus 2099 on loan to GNE which operated a few shuttles till it expired in Durham City mid-morning).
stagecoachbusdepot
20 Jun 2021, 6:18 pm #68

(20 Jun 2021, 5:41 pm)Charles41 Have to say attendance was a lot better than usual. Only stayed about an hour but glad l went. GNE and JH vehicles were immaculate. Got some good books too. Might try to make Shildon Rally in August.

Charles

Though the NEBPT offering was a bit lacklustre - only 268 in attendance from their collection (plus 2099 on loan to GNE which operated a few shuttles till it expired in Durham City mid-morning).

20 Jun 2021, 6:36 pm #69
(20 Jun 2021, 6:18 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Though the NEBPT offering was a bit lacklustre - only 268 in attendance from their collection (plus 2099 on loan to GNE which operated a few shuttles till it expired in Durham City mid-morning).
Got told of one of the people who was running the event. That due to Covid. Most buses couldn't get MOT so 268 was the only one that had it done.
Micheal Aaron
20 Jun 2021, 6:36 pm #69

(20 Jun 2021, 6:18 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Though the NEBPT offering was a bit lacklustre - only 268 in attendance from their collection (plus 2099 on loan to GNE which operated a few shuttles till it expired in Durham City mid-morning).
Got told of one of the people who was running the event. That due to Covid. Most buses couldn't get MOT so 268 was the only one that had it done.

mb134

20 Jun 2021, 6:47 pm #70
Mind, given some of the comments on social media you wonder why Arriva bother rocking up. Any effort to attend these things (at extra cost to the operator, and often at the expense of driver rest days) should be commended - or we'll reach a point where rallys stop existing at all. 

Same goes for GNE, Stagecoach and any other commercial operator. Especially given how entitled some enthusiasts are these days, wanting to be in and around all the buses at all costs.
mb134
20 Jun 2021, 6:47 pm #70

Mind, given some of the comments on social media you wonder why Arriva bother rocking up. Any effort to attend these things (at extra cost to the operator, and often at the expense of driver rest days) should be commended - or we'll reach a point where rallys stop existing at all. 

Same goes for GNE, Stagecoach and any other commercial operator. Especially given how entitled some enthusiasts are these days, wanting to be in and around all the buses at all costs.

BusLoverMum

20 Jun 2021, 6:54 pm #71
The disablist language is quite unnecessary.
BusLoverMum
20 Jun 2021, 6:54 pm #71

The disablist language is quite unnecessary.

mb134

20 Jun 2021, 7:00 pm #72
(20 Jun 2021, 6:54 pm)BusLoverMum The disablist language is quite unnecessary.

Edited, apologies.
mb134
20 Jun 2021, 7:00 pm #72

(20 Jun 2021, 6:54 pm)BusLoverMum The disablist language is quite unnecessary.

Edited, apologies.

Adrian

20 Jun 2021, 7:06 pm #73
Didn't bother with it, but looks like a good turnout by operators, providing a good variety.

From the photos I've seen, it looks like it wasn't that well attended by the preservation community. I wonder if this is related to the dates not being good for those involved in the groups, or whether it's linked to MOT availability, as Michael alludes to. Although I wasn't aware that was still an issue, following the backlogs last year.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
20 Jun 2021, 7:06 pm #73

Didn't bother with it, but looks like a good turnout by operators, providing a good variety.

From the photos I've seen, it looks like it wasn't that well attended by the preservation community. I wonder if this is related to the dates not being good for those involved in the groups, or whether it's linked to MOT availability, as Michael alludes to. Although I wasn't aware that was still an issue, following the backlogs last year.

Malarkey

20 Jun 2021, 8:00 pm #74
(20 Jun 2021, 7:06 pm)Adrian Didn't bother with it, but looks like a good turnout by operators, providing a good variety.

I'd normally give Howlands Rally a miss due to being poorly attended and organised in the past but it was a nice surprise to see quite a few out for the event and weather this afternoon no doubt helped.

I only took a few photos as I was only really interested in 6101 and the Preserved Northumbria Vehicles but again I do think for the space available it could have been better utilised, it seemed a steward from NEBPT was invisible as I had to ask a driver to move 6101 into the sun so others could get decent photos rather than shooting into the sun but other than that it was ok.

I do hope we see something bigger later in the summer once lockdown restrictions are lifted potentially at the Metrocentre but I am doubtful this will happen. 

A few photos of 6101.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/51260673315

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/51258901442/
Malarkey
20 Jun 2021, 8:00 pm #74

(20 Jun 2021, 7:06 pm)Adrian Didn't bother with it, but looks like a good turnout by operators, providing a good variety.

I'd normally give Howlands Rally a miss due to being poorly attended and organised in the past but it was a nice surprise to see quite a few out for the event and weather this afternoon no doubt helped.

I only took a few photos as I was only really interested in 6101 and the Preserved Northumbria Vehicles but again I do think for the space available it could have been better utilised, it seemed a steward from NEBPT was invisible as I had to ask a driver to move 6101 into the sun so others could get decent photos rather than shooting into the sun but other than that it was ok.

I do hope we see something bigger later in the summer once lockdown restrictions are lifted potentially at the Metrocentre but I am doubtful this will happen. 

A few photos of 6101.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/51260673315

https://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/51258901442/

Adrian

20 Jun 2021, 8:23 pm #75
(20 Jun 2021, 8:00 pm)Malarkey I'd normally give Howlands Rally a miss due to being poorly attended and organised in the past but it was a nice surprise to see quite a few out for the event and weather this afternoon no doubt helped.

Sounds good. It was a really good day for it too

I think its worth noting, especially given its been noted elsewhere, that there again seems to have been incidents of people "helping themselves" and letting themselves onto other peoples buses.

If the doors are shut, then take the hint. If it continues, I can completely understand if this becomes a major factor in preservationists desire to attend such events and unfortunately it gives enthusiasts as a whole a bad name.

In my opinion, we've all got a responsibility to call this behavior out if we see it. Or even better, NEBPT are always looking for volunteers, so please consider volunteering as a steward.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Adrian
20 Jun 2021, 8:23 pm #75

(20 Jun 2021, 8:00 pm)Malarkey I'd normally give Howlands Rally a miss due to being poorly attended and organised in the past but it was a nice surprise to see quite a few out for the event and weather this afternoon no doubt helped.

Sounds good. It was a really good day for it too

I think its worth noting, especially given its been noted elsewhere, that there again seems to have been incidents of people "helping themselves" and letting themselves onto other peoples buses.

If the doors are shut, then take the hint. If it continues, I can completely understand if this becomes a major factor in preservationists desire to attend such events and unfortunately it gives enthusiasts as a whole a bad name.

In my opinion, we've all got a responsibility to call this behavior out if we see it. Or even better, NEBPT are always looking for volunteers, so please consider volunteering as a steward.

mb134

20 Jun 2021, 8:35 pm #76
(20 Jun 2021, 8:23 pm)Adrian Sounds good. It was a really good day for it too

If the doors are shut, then take the hint. If it continues, I can completely understand if this becomes a major factor in preservationists desire to attend such events  and unfortunately it gives enthusiasts as a whole a bad name.

It's ultimately the sort of thing that'll put other people off attending rallies too. 

I'd alluded to it in my previous post and rather naïvely let anger out by throwing a derogatory term the way of those involved, but it's annoying to see people (and companies) have their property completely disrespected. It's by no means the majority of enthusiasts, but as always it's the small minority who will inevitably ruin it all.

I'd think larger companies especially would start to think twice about attending when there's a chance of their assets being damaged while not in service. Then for individuals and preservation groups, I doubt they have huge budgets to be correcting things potentially damaged by folk who aren't taking no for an answer.
mb134
20 Jun 2021, 8:35 pm #76

(20 Jun 2021, 8:23 pm)Adrian Sounds good. It was a really good day for it too

If the doors are shut, then take the hint. If it continues, I can completely understand if this becomes a major factor in preservationists desire to attend such events  and unfortunately it gives enthusiasts as a whole a bad name.

It's ultimately the sort of thing that'll put other people off attending rallies too. 

I'd alluded to it in my previous post and rather naïvely let anger out by throwing a derogatory term the way of those involved, but it's annoying to see people (and companies) have their property completely disrespected. It's by no means the majority of enthusiasts, but as always it's the small minority who will inevitably ruin it all.

I'd think larger companies especially would start to think twice about attending when there's a chance of their assets being damaged while not in service. Then for individuals and preservation groups, I doubt they have huge budgets to be correcting things potentially damaged by folk who aren't taking no for an answer.

20 Jun 2021, 8:42 pm #77
After talking to some people I found out

Nothing from Tyneside Heritage Vehicles as 413 had a mechanic fault After passing its MOT and THV hadn't had anything done

Nebpt said that 268 was the only bus that had been MOT so Nothing else from them

Craig Smith of the NNRG said yesterday that they weren't gonna be attending any event's this year if more go ahead as non had MOT and wanted to give one more year before attending
Micheal Aaron
20 Jun 2021, 8:42 pm #77

After talking to some people I found out

Nothing from Tyneside Heritage Vehicles as 413 had a mechanic fault After passing its MOT and THV hadn't had anything done

Nebpt said that 268 was the only bus that had been MOT so Nothing else from them

Craig Smith of the NNRG said yesterday that they weren't gonna be attending any event's this year if more go ahead as non had MOT and wanted to give one more year before attending

Jimmi

20 Jun 2021, 10:15 pm #78
I did attend although only for about 30 minutes as health conditions meant I felt it was best I headed home so soon.

I think today was about as good as it could get with current circumstances especially surrounding MOT statuses with vehicles and the like and can't say I blame Bus presentationists choosing not to put stuff through MOTs and keeping stuff off the road at this moment in time when things could change at any minute as to what we can/can't do.

You somewhat have to comend GNE & Arriva plus the likes of A-Line, JH Coaches, Weardale & The Eden for bring stuff along otherwise it would've been a noticeably small selection of attendees and of course everyone else that brought stuff along too.

Hopefully be allowed to get back to some more normality soon...
Jimmi
20 Jun 2021, 10:15 pm #78

I did attend although only for about 30 minutes as health conditions meant I felt it was best I headed home so soon.

I think today was about as good as it could get with current circumstances especially surrounding MOT statuses with vehicles and the like and can't say I blame Bus presentationists choosing not to put stuff through MOTs and keeping stuff off the road at this moment in time when things could change at any minute as to what we can/can't do.

You somewhat have to comend GNE & Arriva plus the likes of A-Line, JH Coaches, Weardale & The Eden for bring stuff along otherwise it would've been a noticeably small selection of attendees and of course everyone else that brought stuff along too.

Hopefully be allowed to get back to some more normality soon...

21 Jun 2021, 9:56 am #79
Apparently it was confirmed yesterday that they got the okay for Whitly Bay and rumours were going round that Metrocentre was going ahead in July. So just have to wait and see
Micheal Aaron
21 Jun 2021, 9:56 am #79

Apparently it was confirmed yesterday that they got the okay for Whitly Bay and rumours were going round that Metrocentre was going ahead in July. So just have to wait and see

V514DFT

21 Jun 2021, 11:28 am #80
I'd quite like to make it to a Rally sometime,ive never actually been to one

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
21 Jun 2021, 11:28 am #80

I'd quite like to make it to a Rally sometime,ive never actually been to one

Kind Regards
Tez

Pages (5): Previous 13 4 5 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average