Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Durham Father's Day Rally - Howlands Park & Ride - 20th June 2021

Durham Father's Day Rally - Howlands Park & Ride - 20th June 2021

Durham Father's Day Rally - Howlands Park & Ride - 20th June 2021

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
13 Jun 2021, 10:50 am #41
Next Sunday is the first North East bus rally since Seaburn of 2019.

I doubt the 500 group will be there as there website says they aren't attending any rally due to the current restrictions (21st June)

Still no entries on the Nebpt page and no timetable has been shown for the Routemaster trip.

This has happened only once before at Whitly Bay 2018 where the buses and timetable weren't up on the website till the day of the rally
Micheal Aaron
13 Jun 2021, 10:50 am #41

Next Sunday is the first North East bus rally since Seaburn of 2019.

I doubt the 500 group will be there as there website says they aren't attending any rally due to the current restrictions (21st June)

Still no entries on the Nebpt page and no timetable has been shown for the Routemaster trip.

This has happened only once before at Whitly Bay 2018 where the buses and timetable weren't up on the website till the day of the rally

ADavies3774

Unregistered

13 Jun 2021, 3:28 pm #42
Looking forward to this event, got my timeslot booked for the NNRG event and cant wait to see 4681.

The face coverings will they be mandatory for people who are exempt?
ADavies3774
13 Jun 2021, 3:28 pm #42

Looking forward to this event, got my timeslot booked for the NNRG event and cant wait to see 4681.

The face coverings will they be mandatory for people who are exempt?

13 Jun 2021, 4:13 pm #43
(13 Jun 2021, 3:28 pm)ADavies3774 The face coverings will they be mandatory for people who are exempt?

On vehicles and within buildings, those who can wear a face covering must do so unless they are exempt because of (not if you have) a disability or health condition.

NEBPT and individual owners can't change this or they would be breaking the law.
omnicity4659
13 Jun 2021, 4:13 pm #43

(13 Jun 2021, 3:28 pm)ADavies3774 The face coverings will they be mandatory for people who are exempt?

On vehicles and within buildings, those who can wear a face covering must do so unless they are exempt because of (not if you have) a disability or health condition.

NEBPT and individual owners can't change this or they would be breaking the law.

Charles41

14 Jun 2021, 6:28 pm #44
(13 Jun 2021, 10:50 am)Micheal Aaron Next Sunday is the first North East bus rally since Seaburn of 2019.

Very worrying they should have a list up by now and also a timetable for the shuttle.

I hope this is not going to be a repeat of the farcestival sorry festival of transport in 2019. One bus in the middle of a field.

Charles
Charles41
14 Jun 2021, 6:28 pm #44

(13 Jun 2021, 10:50 am)Micheal Aaron Next Sunday is the first North East bus rally since Seaburn of 2019.

Very worrying they should have a list up by now and also a timetable for the shuttle.

I hope this is not going to be a repeat of the farcestival sorry festival of transport in 2019. One bus in the middle of a field.

Charles

14 Jun 2021, 6:44 pm #45
I hope we get some entire soon. Tbh Bishop Auckland 2019 had 7 buses enterd but more turned up
Micheal Aaron
14 Jun 2021, 6:44 pm #45

I hope we get some entire soon. Tbh Bishop Auckland 2019 had 7 buses enterd but more turned up

14 Jun 2021, 6:47 pm #46
(14 Jun 2021, 6:28 pm)Charles41 Very worrying they should have a list up by now and also a timetable for the shuttle.

Charles

That first FoT was a sight to behold Big Grin   I'm sure I still have the photo somewhere!  Think they also still tried to charge people to enter said field as well!  To be fair, the following year was much better.
stagecoachbusdepot
14 Jun 2021, 6:47 pm #46

(14 Jun 2021, 6:28 pm)Charles41 Very worrying they should have a list up by now and also a timetable for the shuttle.

Charles

That first FoT was a sight to behold Big Grin   I'm sure I still have the photo somewhere!  Think they also still tried to charge people to enter said field as well!  To be fair, the following year was much better.

Adrian

14 Jun 2021, 7:01 pm #47

Charles

I don't think anything could be worse than the 2019 Festival of Transport, but I have to say I'm not convinced enough to go to Durham yet.

If I'm honest, I'm in two minds, but that is largely of the feeling that I should turn up and support the event that has been put on. I should want to go to and look forward to a rally though, not feel obliged to go.

It remains to be seen how it goes. I hope it is a success and I hope the empty calendar last year has proven to be an opportunity for reflection and improvements for years ahead. Time will tell.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
14 Jun 2021, 7:01 pm #47

Charles

I don't think anything could be worse than the 2019 Festival of Transport, but I have to say I'm not convinced enough to go to Durham yet.

If I'm honest, I'm in two minds, but that is largely of the feeling that I should turn up and support the event that has been put on. I should want to go to and look forward to a rally though, not feel obliged to go.

It remains to be seen how it goes. I hope it is a success and I hope the empty calendar last year has proven to be an opportunity for reflection and improvements for years ahead. Time will tell.

15 Jun 2021, 2:33 pm #48
Update from NEBPT

NEBPT is pleased to confirm that the Durham Vintage Bus Rally will still be taking place at Howlands Park & Ride on Sunday 20th June.
Due to current restrictions, the usual shuttle service into Durham City using display vehicles will not be operating, but Go North East will be kindly providing a shuttle service into Durham with two preserved Routemasters.
Northern General 2099 (on loan from NEBPT) and London Transport open-top RMC 1510 will hopefully be providing the shuttle service.
Sales stands will be in attendance and there will also be refreshments available on site.
Please observe all instructions and maintain any required social distancing on the day.
Micheal Aaron
15 Jun 2021, 2:33 pm #48

Update from NEBPT

NEBPT is pleased to confirm that the Durham Vintage Bus Rally will still be taking place at Howlands Park & Ride on Sunday 20th June.
Due to current restrictions, the usual shuttle service into Durham City using display vehicles will not be operating, but Go North East will be kindly providing a shuttle service into Durham with two preserved Routemasters.
Northern General 2099 (on loan from NEBPT) and London Transport open-top RMC 1510 will hopefully be providing the shuttle service.
Sales stands will be in attendance and there will also be refreshments available on site.
Please observe all instructions and maintain any required social distancing on the day.

16 Jun 2021, 6:08 pm #49
So here's a few buses I think Go North East might bring to the rally.

6101 (fresh repaint)
An X Lines bus
A 2019 corp bus
An Angel (possibly)
A Voyger (possible)
Micheal Aaron
16 Jun 2021, 6:08 pm #49

So here's a few buses I think Go North East might bring to the rally.

6101 (fresh repaint)
An X Lines bus
A 2019 corp bus
An Angel (possibly)
A Voyger (possible)

16 Jun 2021, 6:17 pm #50
Might also sent the london electric if they can find a suitable charger

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
atlantean560
16 Jun 2021, 6:17 pm #50

Might also sent the london electric if they can find a suitable charger

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

16 Jun 2021, 6:40 pm #51
Aha that would be nice to see at the rally
Was gonna say 8319 Northern Versa would be there but more likely on B1
Micheal Aaron
16 Jun 2021, 6:40 pm #51

Aha that would be nice to see at the rally
Was gonna say 8319 Northern Versa would be there but more likely on B1

17 Jun 2021, 10:02 am #52
Go North East Confirmed what time the buses are running and what stand the bus will depart (Stand M)

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1...63333?s=19
Micheal Aaron
17 Jun 2021, 10:02 am #52

Go North East Confirmed what time the buses are running and what stand the bus will depart (Stand M)

Adrian

17 Jun 2021, 11:59 am #53
(17 Jun 2021, 10:02 am)Micheal Aaron Go North East Confirmed what time the buses are running and what stand the bus will depart (Stand M)

I'm pleased someone has! 

Still nothing on the NEBPT website. No shuttle times, attendee info, nothing... it doesn't do much to encourage people to go.

Adrian
17 Jun 2021, 11:59 am #53

(17 Jun 2021, 10:02 am)Micheal Aaron Go North East Confirmed what time the buses are running and what stand the bus will depart (Stand M)

I'm pleased someone has! 

Still nothing on the NEBPT website. No shuttle times, attendee info, nothing... it doesn't do much to encourage people to go.

17 Jun 2021, 12:43 pm #54
That's true. I'm very surprised that nothing is on there website
Micheal Aaron
17 Jun 2021, 12:43 pm #54

That's true. I'm very surprised that nothing is on there website

17 Jun 2021, 6:38 pm #55
Hopefully it's a good turn out. But I doubt it. Rally in the Ne seem to get smaller each time. With Whitly Bay of 2017 being the smallest yet. Durham isn't that big.

I wonder if there was another "bigger" park&Ride site in Durham for them to hold it
Micheal Aaron
17 Jun 2021, 6:38 pm #55

Hopefully it's a good turn out. But I doubt it. Rally in the Ne seem to get smaller each time. With Whitly Bay of 2017 being the smallest yet. Durham isn't that big.

I wonder if there was another "bigger" park&Ride site in Durham for them to hold it

Charles41

17 Jun 2021, 6:39 pm #56
Checked out their FB page. Shuttle buses are every half hour. Still no mention of which vehicles have been entered though.

Charles
Charles41
17 Jun 2021, 6:39 pm #56

Checked out their FB page. Shuttle buses are every half hour. Still no mention of which vehicles have been entered though.

Charles

17 Jun 2021, 6:41 pm #57
(17 Jun 2021, 6:39 pm)Charles41 Checked out their FB page. Shuttle buses are every half hour. Still no mention of which vehicles have been entered though.

Charles
Last time this happened was Whitly Bay 2018. There were posted at 9am of the rally date. Latest I can remember is usually two days before or a day before. So hopefully tomorrow or Saturday we see what's been entered 
But tbh some buses get entered and put on the website but don't turn up. Where as some ain't entered but turn up
Micheal Aaron
17 Jun 2021, 6:41 pm #57

(17 Jun 2021, 6:39 pm)Charles41 Checked out their FB page. Shuttle buses are every half hour. Still no mention of which vehicles have been entered though.

Charles
Last time this happened was Whitly Bay 2018. There were posted at 9am of the rally date. Latest I can remember is usually two days before or a day before. So hopefully tomorrow or Saturday we see what's been entered 
But tbh some buses get entered and put on the website but don't turn up. Where as some ain't entered but turn up

Adrian

17 Jun 2021, 7:51 pm #58
(17 Jun 2021, 12:43 pm)Micheal Aaron That's true. I'm very surprised that nothing is on there website

I'm not surprised at all, if I'm honest. The organisers largely rely on the same faces turning out year after year for attendance, rather than trying to grow the events or improve them.

If I owned a preserved bus and was one of a handful to turn up, as per the Festival of Transport a couple years ago, then I would just think why bother and not take it along in future.

Adrian
17 Jun 2021, 7:51 pm #58

(17 Jun 2021, 12:43 pm)Micheal Aaron That's true. I'm very surprised that nothing is on there website

I'm not surprised at all, if I'm honest. The organisers largely rely on the same faces turning out year after year for attendance, rather than trying to grow the events or improve them.

If I owned a preserved bus and was one of a handful to turn up, as per the Festival of Transport a couple years ago, then I would just think why bother and not take it along in future.

17 Jun 2021, 7:55 pm #59
I've always dreamed of having my own bus. And yea I remember the festival of transport event. Wasn't the best but it was it's first year. Then again nebpt had Bishop Auckland which I thought was fantastic
Micheal Aaron
17 Jun 2021, 7:55 pm #59

I've always dreamed of having my own bus. And yea I remember the festival of transport event. Wasn't the best but it was it's first year. Then again nebpt had Bishop Auckland which I thought was fantastic

Adrian

17 Jun 2021, 8:13 pm #60
(17 Jun 2021, 7:55 pm)Micheal Aaron I've always dreamed of having my own bus. And yea I remember the festival of transport event. Wasn't the best but it was it's first year. Then again nebpt had Bishop Auckland which I thought was fantastic

No, it wasn't. It was its third year. I wrote about it at the time: https://www.busesandbeyond.co.uk/2019/07...ur-region/

Adrian
17 Jun 2021, 8:13 pm #60

(17 Jun 2021, 7:55 pm)Micheal Aaron I've always dreamed of having my own bus. And yea I remember the festival of transport event. Wasn't the best but it was it's first year. Then again nebpt had Bishop Auckland which I thought was fantastic

No, it wasn't. It was its third year. I wrote about it at the time: https://www.busesandbeyond.co.uk/2019/07...ur-region/

Pages (5) Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average