Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East X75 - Newcastle to Belsay Hall

Go North East X75 - Newcastle to Belsay Hall

Go North East X75 - Newcastle to Belsay Hall

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 36 Next
27 May 2021, 12:41 pm #21
(27 May 2021, 12:15 pm)ifm001 I guess information will be released when GNE are ready to.  Asking the same question over and over on a daily basis will not make GNE hurry themselves.

Fair point. On this occasion I was suggesting it might actually follow the X84/X85 route to keep all of the expresses aligned, even though the X75 won't be X-lines. Just interested which route it will take, and if the service will actually stop along the route, as it might not even have a set route if running non-stop to and from Ponteland. I don't expect it will follow the route of the 808 to Belsay, going through Fenham and Cowgate (even the 808 runs as set down only between Newcastle and Cowgate). Best guess would be Ponteland Road, but no idea whether or not it will pick up/set down on route. 

For tickets, I expected a new ticket will be introduced as Belsay is a new destination, but now think maybe GoZones will cover it, with all zones required for the purple and yellow of Newcastle and Ponteland.

GNE should release more information to get interest before the service commences in just over a month's time.  Timetable being the main thing required. With the pandemic still ongoing, I'm not entirely convinced the X75 will happen. My apologies for being overly interested, just so excited for a new service I'll hopefully be able to make use of. Of course we don't know anything until GNE releases more details, but I thought it might provoke some discussion, and see what others think about possible routes and tickets.
OrangeArrow49
27 May 2021, 12:41 pm #21

(27 May 2021, 12:15 pm)ifm001 I guess information will be released when GNE are ready to.  Asking the same question over and over on a daily basis will not make GNE hurry themselves.

Fair point. On this occasion I was suggesting it might actually follow the X84/X85 route to keep all of the expresses aligned, even though the X75 won't be X-lines. Just interested which route it will take, and if the service will actually stop along the route, as it might not even have a set route if running non-stop to and from Ponteland. I don't expect it will follow the route of the 808 to Belsay, going through Fenham and Cowgate (even the 808 runs as set down only between Newcastle and Cowgate). Best guess would be Ponteland Road, but no idea whether or not it will pick up/set down on route. 

For tickets, I expected a new ticket will be introduced as Belsay is a new destination, but now think maybe GoZones will cover it, with all zones required for the purple and yellow of Newcastle and Ponteland.

GNE should release more information to get interest before the service commences in just over a month's time.  Timetable being the main thing required. With the pandemic still ongoing, I'm not entirely convinced the X75 will happen. My apologies for being overly interested, just so excited for a new service I'll hopefully be able to make use of. Of course we don't know anything until GNE releases more details, but I thought it might provoke some discussion, and see what others think about possible routes and tickets.

31 May 2021, 4:45 pm #22
What depot is likely to operate the X75? Riverside? Percy Main? The lack of information from GNE on this new service is concerning. I was thinking, could the X75 be made permanent if the demand is there when it operates temporarily? Even just a weekend only service, but permanent. Just thought maybe it could replace the 74 on Saturdays, and run on Sundays to provide a bus where there currently isn't one (either side of Hexham, there is only the 10 serving Hexham and Newcastle on Sundays).
OrangeArrow49
31 May 2021, 4:45 pm #22

What depot is likely to operate the X75? Riverside? Percy Main? The lack of information from GNE on this new service is concerning. I was thinking, could the X75 be made permanent if the demand is there when it operates temporarily? Even just a weekend only service, but permanent. Just thought maybe it could replace the 74 on Saturdays, and run on Sundays to provide a bus where there currently isn't one (either side of Hexham, there is only the 10 serving Hexham and Newcastle on Sundays).

GNE6312

31 May 2021, 4:53 pm #23
(31 May 2021, 4:45 pm)OrangeArrow49 What depot is likely to operate the X75? Riverside? Percy Main? The lack of information from GNE on this new service is concerning. I was thinking, could the X75 be made permanent if the demand is there when it operates temporarily? Even just a weekend only service, but permanent. Just thought maybe it could replace the 74 on Saturdays, and run on Sundays to provide a bus where there currently isn't one (either side of Hexham, there is only the 10 serving Hexham and Newcastle on Sundays).
Most likely depot is Riverside seeing as its closer to Newcastle I'd say
GNE6312
31 May 2021, 4:53 pm #23

(31 May 2021, 4:45 pm)OrangeArrow49 What depot is likely to operate the X75? Riverside? Percy Main? The lack of information from GNE on this new service is concerning. I was thinking, could the X75 be made permanent if the demand is there when it operates temporarily? Even just a weekend only service, but permanent. Just thought maybe it could replace the 74 on Saturdays, and run on Sundays to provide a bus where there currently isn't one (either side of Hexham, there is only the 10 serving Hexham and Newcastle on Sundays).
Most likely depot is Riverside seeing as its closer to Newcastle I'd say

Michael

31 May 2021, 4:56 pm #24

Doesn't start till 3rd July, GNE haven't been putting updates on till a few days before so this will likely continue.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
31 May 2021, 4:56 pm #24

Doesn't start till 3rd July, GNE haven't been putting updates on till a few days before so this will likely continue.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

31 May 2021, 5:05 pm #25
(31 May 2021, 4:56 pm)Michael Doesn't start till 3rd July, GNE haven't been putting updates on till a few days before so this will likely continue.

Not a complaint, but surely GNE should generate some interest more than a few days before a new service gets introduced. Particularly things like a timetable, so people can make plans. Honestly, I predict further local restrictions and doubt the service will happen, but I hope I'm wrong and the service proves a success and is made permanent.
OrangeArrow49
31 May 2021, 5:05 pm #25

(31 May 2021, 4:56 pm)Michael Doesn't start till 3rd July, GNE haven't been putting updates on till a few days before so this will likely continue.

Not a complaint, but surely GNE should generate some interest more than a few days before a new service gets introduced. Particularly things like a timetable, so people can make plans. Honestly, I predict further local restrictions and doubt the service will happen, but I hope I'm wrong and the service proves a success and is made permanent.

31 May 2021, 5:21 pm #26
(31 May 2021, 4:53 pm)GNE6312 Most likely depot is Riverside seeing as its closer to Newcastle I'd say

I agree. Riverside most likely, then Percy Main next most likely. Are you going to ride the X75?
OrangeArrow49
31 May 2021, 5:21 pm #26

(31 May 2021, 4:53 pm)GNE6312 Most likely depot is Riverside seeing as its closer to Newcastle I'd say

I agree. Riverside most likely, then Percy Main next most likely. Are you going to ride the X75?

31 May 2021, 9:37 pm #27
Maybe they are going to use a Routemaster on the X75 if not probably a Streetlite or Versa. As for the routing, I expect it to be the same as the 808.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
31 May 2021, 9:37 pm #27

Maybe they are going to use a Routemaster on the X75 if not probably a Streetlite or Versa. As for the routing, I expect it to be the same as the 808.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

31 May 2021, 11:10 pm #28
(31 May 2021, 9:37 pm)Rapidsnap Maybe they are going to use a Routemaster on the X75 if not probably a Streetlite or Versa. As for the routing, I expect it to be the same as the 808.

Seriously? I'd expect a Tynedale Links Solo, or maybe a Streetlite if Riverside are operating it. Why do you expect it will be the same route as the 808?
OrangeArrow49
31 May 2021, 11:10 pm #28

(31 May 2021, 9:37 pm)Rapidsnap Maybe they are going to use a Routemaster on the X75 if not probably a Streetlite or Versa. As for the routing, I expect it to be the same as the 808.

Seriously? I'd expect a Tynedale Links Solo, or maybe a Streetlite if Riverside are operating it. Why do you expect it will be the same route as the 808?

01 Jun 2021, 10:37 am #29
808 runs through Belsay village and it goes via Ponteland. I doubt the X75 will go around the houses.

Rapidsnap
01 Jun 2021, 10:37 am #29

808 runs through Belsay village and it goes via Ponteland. I doubt the X75 will go around the houses.

01 Jun 2021, 10:40 am #30
Might be the voyger decekrs or the voyger coach or is that not allowed
Micheal Aaron
01 Jun 2021, 10:40 am #30

Might be the voyger decekrs or the voyger coach or is that not allowed

01 Jun 2021, 11:00 am #31
(01 Jun 2021, 10:37 am)Rapidsnap 808 runs through Belsay village and it goes via Ponteland. I doubt the X75 will go around the houses.

At the Ponteland/Belsay end, it will likely go the same route as the 808, I'm not sure how many ways there are. Certainly it will be a direct, express route. But at the Newcastle end, I doubt it will take the 808 route through Fenham. Even though it's reasonably quick from Haymarket, through Fenham to Ponteland Road, I don't expect it will go that way. Do you think it will stop along the route? 808 is set down only until Ponteland Road in Cowgate.
OrangeArrow49
01 Jun 2021, 11:00 am #31

(01 Jun 2021, 10:37 am)Rapidsnap 808 runs through Belsay village and it goes via Ponteland. I doubt the X75 will go around the houses.

At the Ponteland/Belsay end, it will likely go the same route as the 808, I'm not sure how many ways there are. Certainly it will be a direct, express route. But at the Newcastle end, I doubt it will take the 808 route through Fenham. Even though it's reasonably quick from Haymarket, through Fenham to Ponteland Road, I don't expect it will go that way. Do you think it will stop along the route? 808 is set down only until Ponteland Road in Cowgate.

Thomas12

01 Jun 2021, 2:05 pm #32
(01 Jun 2021, 11:00 am)OrangeArrow49 At the Ponteland/Belsay end, it will likely go the same route as the 808, I'm not sure how many ways there are. Certainly it will be a direct, express route. But at the Newcastle end, I doubt it will take the 808 route through Fenham. Even though it's reasonably quick from Haymarket, through Fenham to Ponteland Road, I don't expect it will go that way. Do you think it will stop along the route? 808 is set down only until Ponteland Road in Cowgate.

Non stop from Ponteland to Newcastle I think
Thomas12
01 Jun 2021, 2:05 pm #32

(01 Jun 2021, 11:00 am)OrangeArrow49 At the Ponteland/Belsay end, it will likely go the same route as the 808, I'm not sure how many ways there are. Certainly it will be a direct, express route. But at the Newcastle end, I doubt it will take the 808 route through Fenham. Even though it's reasonably quick from Haymarket, through Fenham to Ponteland Road, I don't expect it will go that way. Do you think it will stop along the route? 808 is set down only until Ponteland Road in Cowgate.

Non stop from Ponteland to Newcastle I think

01 Jun 2021, 2:17 pm #33
(01 Jun 2021, 2:05 pm)Thomas12 Non stop from Ponteland to Newcastle I think

Thank you, Thomas. We'll see. I'll definitely be trying it out either way. Maybe it will be set down only the same as the 808 towards Ponteland, but the 808 does pick up towards Newcastle.
OrangeArrow49
01 Jun 2021, 2:17 pm #33

(01 Jun 2021, 2:05 pm)Thomas12 Non stop from Ponteland to Newcastle I think

Thank you, Thomas. We'll see. I'll definitely be trying it out either way. Maybe it will be set down only the same as the 808 towards Ponteland, but the 808 does pick up towards Newcastle.

02 Jun 2021, 3:29 pm #34
(01 Jun 2021, 2:17 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thank you, Thomas. We'll see. I'll definitely be trying it out either way. Maybe it will be set down only the same as the 808 towards Ponteland, but the 808 does pick up towards Newcastle.
The timetable is now on Traveline.
Ex-conductor
02 Jun 2021, 3:29 pm #34

(01 Jun 2021, 2:17 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thank you, Thomas. We'll see. I'll definitely be trying it out either way. Maybe it will be set down only the same as the 808 towards Ponteland, but the 808 does pick up towards Newcastle.
The timetable is now on Traveline.

02 Jun 2021, 3:51 pm #35
(02 Jun 2021, 3:29 pm)Ex-conductor The timetable is now on Traveline.
You got a link
Micheal Aaron
02 Jun 2021, 3:51 pm #35

(02 Jun 2021, 3:29 pm)Ex-conductor The timetable is now on Traveline.
You got a link

S813 FVK

02 Jun 2021, 4:52 pm #36
(02 Jun 2021, 3:51 pm)Micheal Aaron You got a link

Attached
Attached Files
.pdf
tt-B_X75-20210703-all.pdf
Size: 23.12 KB / Downloads: 88
S813 FVK
02 Jun 2021, 4:52 pm #36

(02 Jun 2021, 3:51 pm)Micheal Aaron You got a link

Attached

Attached Files
.pdf
tt-B_X75-20210703-all.pdf
Size: 23.12 KB / Downloads: 88

02 Jun 2021, 5:37 pm #37
(02 Jun 2021, 4:52 pm)S813 FVK Attached
Only 32 minutes. That's not to bad. Stand R is where the Q3 departs from Haymarket isn't it
Micheal Aaron
02 Jun 2021, 5:37 pm #37

(02 Jun 2021, 4:52 pm)S813 FVK Attached
Only 32 minutes. That's not to bad. Stand R is where the Q3 departs from Haymarket isn't it

02 Jun 2021, 9:33 pm #38
Thank you for the X75 timetable. I will definitely try it out. Very limited stop, and doesn't say what route it will be taking. Disappointed it won't stop in Fenham or Cowgate or anywhere before Ponteland Main Street, to pick up or set down passengers. Journey time looks good. Hopefully a nice day out in Ponteland and Belsay.
OrangeArrow49
02 Jun 2021, 9:33 pm #38

Thank you for the X75 timetable. I will definitely try it out. Very limited stop, and doesn't say what route it will be taking. Disappointed it won't stop in Fenham or Cowgate or anywhere before Ponteland Main Street, to pick up or set down passengers. Journey time looks good. Hopefully a nice day out in Ponteland and Belsay.

Ambassador

02 Jun 2021, 11:51 pm #39
(02 Jun 2021, 9:33 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thank you for the X75 timetable. I will definitely try it out. Very limited stop, and doesn't say what route it will be taking. Disappointed it won't stop in Fenham or Cowgate or anywhere before Ponteland Main Street, to pick up or set down passengers. Journey time looks good. Hopefully a nice day out in Ponteland and Belsay.

It’s clearly aimed at point to point day trippers to Belsay Hall so stopping in heavily served places like Fenham and Cowgate would make little sense.

English heritage are still insisting on bookings even into July and August so for it to work you’d need a ticket and free bus entry deal or time your visit well and hope there’s space.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
02 Jun 2021, 11:51 pm #39

(02 Jun 2021, 9:33 pm)OrangeArrow49 Thank you for the X75 timetable. I will definitely try it out. Very limited stop, and doesn't say what route it will be taking. Disappointed it won't stop in Fenham or Cowgate or anywhere before Ponteland Main Street, to pick up or set down passengers. Journey time looks good. Hopefully a nice day out in Ponteland and Belsay.

It’s clearly aimed at point to point day trippers to Belsay Hall so stopping in heavily served places like Fenham and Cowgate would make little sense.

English heritage are still insisting on bookings even into July and August so for it to work you’d need a ticket and free bus entry deal or time your visit well and hope there’s space.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

03 Jun 2021, 12:04 am #40
(02 Jun 2021, 11:51 pm)Ambassador It’s clearly aimed at point to point day trippers to Belsay Hall so stopping in heavily served places like Fenham and Cowgate would make little sense.

Of course. Just means I need to get to Haymarket to get the X75, just to end up back where I started onboard the bus! A wasted journey into town! 

Can anyone get on the X75, or just day trippers for Belsay Hall?
OrangeArrow49
03 Jun 2021, 12:04 am #40

(02 Jun 2021, 11:51 pm)Ambassador It’s clearly aimed at point to point day trippers to Belsay Hall so stopping in heavily served places like Fenham and Cowgate would make little sense.

Of course. Just means I need to get to Haymarket to get the X75, just to end up back where I started onboard the bus! A wasted journey into town! 

Can anyone get on the X75, or just day trippers for Belsay Hall?

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 36 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average