Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Newcastle congestion and delays

Newcastle congestion and delays

Newcastle congestion and delays

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
xpm

31 May 2021, 8:28 pm #21
(29 May 2021, 8:38 pm)Adrian What were the issues in and out of Newcastle today, out of interest? Town seemed busy in terms of footfall, but traffic didn't seem too bad.
No idea, when I was coming across from Gateshead the traffic was queuing both lanes all the way along the redheugh bridge as well, I believe the hold up was around grainger st/central again, doesn’t take much to block up grainger st with a bad parked delivery wagon or taxi with the distancing bollards reducing the road width.  It then backs up to the gate, and in a short space of time things are at an standstill.  You can go down the big market to get to central, but if traffic is already backed up to Newgate street waiting to turn right, there’s nowhere to go.
xpm
31 May 2021, 8:28 pm #21

(29 May 2021, 8:38 pm)Adrian What were the issues in and out of Newcastle today, out of interest? Town seemed busy in terms of footfall, but traffic didn't seem too bad.
No idea, when I was coming across from Gateshead the traffic was queuing both lanes all the way along the redheugh bridge as well, I believe the hold up was around grainger st/central again, doesn’t take much to block up grainger st with a bad parked delivery wagon or taxi with the distancing bollards reducing the road width.  It then backs up to the gate, and in a short space of time things are at an standstill.  You can go down the big market to get to central, but if traffic is already backed up to Newgate street waiting to turn right, there’s nowhere to go.

04 Jun 2021, 2:49 pm #22
[attachment=9789 xpm pid='257259' dateline='1622492923']No idea, when I was coming across from Gateshead the traffic was queuing both lanes all the way along the redheugh bridge as well, I believe the hold up was around grainger st/central again, doesn’t take much to block up grainger st with a bad parked delivery wagon or taxi with the distancing bollards reducing the road width.  It then backs up to the gate, and in a short space of time things are at an standstill.  You can go down the big market to get to central, but if traffic is already backed up to Newgate street waiting to turn right, there’s nowhere to go.
Well today we have another big congestion. Showing by bus org

Update. Looks like an incident of some kind has took place

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1...42630?s=19
Edited 04 Jun 2021, 2:55 pm by Micheal Aaron.
Attached Files
.jpg
Screenshot_20210604-154752_Chrome.jpg
Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 30
Micheal Aaron
04 Jun 2021, 2:49 pm #22

[attachment=9789 xpm pid='257259' dateline='1622492923']No idea, when I was coming across from Gateshead the traffic was queuing both lanes all the way along the redheugh bridge as well, I believe the hold up was around grainger st/central again, doesn’t take much to block up grainger st with a bad parked delivery wagon or taxi with the distancing bollards reducing the road width.  It then backs up to the gate, and in a short space of time things are at an standstill.  You can go down the big market to get to central, but if traffic is already backed up to Newgate street waiting to turn right, there’s nowhere to go.
Well today we have another big congestion. Showing by bus org

Update. Looks like an incident of some kind has took place

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1...42630?s=19

Attached Files
.jpg
Screenshot_20210604-154752_Chrome.jpg
Size: 1 MB / Downloads: 30

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average