Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East When School Duplicate End

When School Duplicate End

When School Duplicate End

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average

30 May 2021, 5:22 pm #1
So a question that's been on my mind is wondering. What will happen to all buses that have been moved around due to Duplicates and what will happen to buses that are only used for Duplicate 

So we all know the Lothian buses. The white StreetLite and the two metro buses will be going away as they have fleet numbers 90**

But here's what I'm wondering. What will happen to 5501 5502 5504 (The East Yorkshire Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse 2) and 5505 and 5506 (The London Scania OmniCitys) 

Will these see public service and which depots. Has anything been confirmed what's happening to them after Duplicates end. Whenever that is
Micheal Aaron
30 May 2021, 5:22 pm #1

So a question that's been on my mind is wondering. What will happen to all buses that have been moved around due to Duplicates and what will happen to buses that are only used for Duplicate 

So we all know the Lothian buses. The white StreetLite and the two metro buses will be going away as they have fleet numbers 90**

But here's what I'm wondering. What will happen to 5501 5502 5504 (The East Yorkshire Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse 2) and 5505 and 5506 (The London Scania OmniCitys) 

Will these see public service and which depots. Has anything been confirmed what's happening to them after Duplicates end. Whenever that is

GNE6312

30 May 2021, 5:56 pm #2
(30 May 2021, 5:22 pm)Micheal Aaron So a question that's been on my mind is wondering. What will happen to all buses that have been moved around due to Duplicates and what will happen to buses that are only used for Duplicate 

Riverside will need a new bus now that 5338 is likely withdrawn unless they use a spare or a dual door or omnidekka or something along those lines. Maybe if there no spares maybe that white StreetLite or MMC could be permenantly bought and repainted to be used as spares.
GNE6312
30 May 2021, 5:56 pm #2

(30 May 2021, 5:22 pm)Micheal Aaron So a question that's been on my mind is wondering. What will happen to all buses that have been moved around due to Duplicates and what will happen to buses that are only used for Duplicate 

Riverside will need a new bus now that 5338 is likely withdrawn unless they use a spare or a dual door or omnidekka or something along those lines. Maybe if there no spares maybe that white StreetLite or MMC could be permenantly bought and repainted to be used as spares.

Michael

30 May 2021, 6:02 pm #3
(30 May 2021, 5:56 pm)GNE6312 Riverside will need a new bus now that 5338 is likely withdrawn unless they use a spare or a dual door or omnidekka or something along those lines. Maybe if there no spares maybe that white StreetLite or MMC could be permenantly bought and repainted to be used as spares.

5337/5338 were down as being withdrawn anyway after all the dupes had finished, this was along with5481-5487 although 5482/5485 already withdrawn.

Sure it was confirmed these will be scrapped for parts to use the on the GNE batch once they weren't needed.

------------

I do wonder how many buses will actually be withdrawn after all the dupes are finished - likely to find the School tenders will be put out in the next couple of months so it'll depend on how many GNE get.
Edited 30 May 2021, 6:04 pm by Michael.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
30 May 2021, 6:02 pm #3

(30 May 2021, 5:56 pm)GNE6312 Riverside will need a new bus now that 5338 is likely withdrawn unless they use a spare or a dual door or omnidekka or something along those lines. Maybe if there no spares maybe that white StreetLite or MMC could be permenantly bought and repainted to be used as spares.

5337/5338 were down as being withdrawn anyway after all the dupes had finished, this was along with5481-5487 although 5482/5485 already withdrawn.

Sure it was confirmed these will be scrapped for parts to use the on the GNE batch once they weren't needed.

------------

I do wonder how many buses will actually be withdrawn after all the dupes are finished - likely to find the School tenders will be put out in the next couple of months so it'll depend on how many GNE get.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

30 May 2021, 7:08 pm #4
See why have the Scanias with 5505/06 if there just gonna scrap them. Tbh they could be used on service work somewhere. Keep the paper blinds in and have it set allocated depot. Tbh seeing it at Percy Main would be nice
Micheal Aaron
30 May 2021, 7:08 pm #4

See why have the Scanias with 5505/06 if there just gonna scrap them. Tbh they could be used on service work somewhere. Keep the paper blinds in and have it set allocated depot. Tbh seeing it at Percy Main would be nice

30 May 2021, 8:03 pm #5
They are dual door vehicles and have limited seating capacity. Their worth in spare parts is more than what it would cost to covert them to single door and get them to GNE standard.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
30 May 2021, 8:03 pm #5

They are dual door vehicles and have limited seating capacity. Their worth in spare parts is more than what it would cost to covert them to single door and get them to GNE standard.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

30 May 2021, 8:08 pm #6
(30 May 2021, 8:03 pm)Rapidsnap They are dual door vehicles and have limited seating capacity. Their worth in spare parts is more than what it would cost to covert them to single door and get them to GNE standard.

When are the duplicate ending? 21st June?

Are 9054 and 9055 going back to Metrobus? They are not dual door vehicles, and could be used in service after duplicates are no longer required.

Could scholar's buses go back to being open to everyone after 21st June, or will they stay as scholar's only permanently?
OrangeArrow49
30 May 2021, 8:08 pm #6

(30 May 2021, 8:03 pm)Rapidsnap They are dual door vehicles and have limited seating capacity. Their worth in spare parts is more than what it would cost to covert them to single door and get them to GNE standard.

When are the duplicate ending? 21st June?

Are 9054 and 9055 going back to Metrobus? They are not dual door vehicles, and could be used in service after duplicates are no longer required.

Could scholar's buses go back to being open to everyone after 21st June, or will they stay as scholar's only permanently?

GNE6312

30 May 2021, 8:19 pm #7
(30 May 2021, 8:08 pm)OrangeArrow49 When are the duplicate ending? 21st June?

Arriva's duplicates ended thos week (or atlest the 3 Blyth had did) tho not too sure what GNE & SC are doing. Also, what's gonna happen with 7130/32/35-7 when dupes end, are they just gonna stay for RRs and private hire, Get sold or go back to NX duties
GNE6312
30 May 2021, 8:19 pm #7

(30 May 2021, 8:08 pm)OrangeArrow49 When are the duplicate ending? 21st June?

Arriva's duplicates ended thos week (or atlest the 3 Blyth had did) tho not too sure what GNE & SC are doing. Also, what's gonna happen with 7130/32/35-7 when dupes end, are they just gonna stay for RRs and private hire, Get sold or go back to NX duties

30 May 2021, 8:53 pm #8
Depending on a higher demand. Tbh if Arriva's end this week. I can see that being a big problem if there still require
Micheal Aaron
30 May 2021, 8:53 pm #8

Depending on a higher demand. Tbh if Arriva's end this week. I can see that being a big problem if there still require

RobinHood

30 May 2021, 9:05 pm #9
(30 May 2021, 8:53 pm)Micheal Aaron Depending on a higher demand. Tbh if Arriva's end this week. I can see that being a big problem if there still require
They will only take them off if the new capacities mean that aren't needed.
If I recall, Arriva ran open door duplicates, so as capacities have almost doubled, this doesn't seem surprising that they aren't needed anymore.
RobinHood
30 May 2021, 9:05 pm #9

(30 May 2021, 8:53 pm)Micheal Aaron Depending on a higher demand. Tbh if Arriva's end this week. I can see that being a big problem if there still require
They will only take them off if the new capacities mean that aren't needed.
If I recall, Arriva ran open door duplicates, so as capacities have almost doubled, this doesn't seem surprising that they aren't needed anymore.

Michael

13 Jun 2021, 10:03 am #10
Looks like the number of extra services have dropped from 75 to 55 - according to Dan on a post on the North East Bus Enthusiasts Facebook page.

I wonder which buses will be withdrawn first?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Jun 2021, 10:03 am #10

Looks like the number of extra services have dropped from 75 to 55 - according to Dan on a post on the North East Bus Enthusiasts Facebook page.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

JP6004

13 Jun 2021, 10:08 am #11
(13 Jun 2021, 10:03 am)Michael Looks like the number of extra services have dropped from 75 to 55 - according to Dan on a post on the North East Bus Enthusiasts Facebook page.

If what's been said is true the eclipses undergoing refurb also 5505/,5506 transferred to washy. Also possible quaylinks away for refurb since 3 not seen since 8th may. Possible spares are covering for the mountain of repaints going on atm
JP6004
13 Jun 2021, 10:08 am #11

(13 Jun 2021, 10:03 am)Michael Looks like the number of extra services have dropped from 75 to 55 - according to Dan on a post on the North East Bus Enthusiasts Facebook page.

If what's been said is true the eclipses undergoing refurb also 5505/,5506 transferred to washy. Also possible quaylinks away for refurb since 3 not seen since 8th may. Possible spares are covering for the mountain of repaints going on atm

Michael

13 Jun 2021, 10:22 am #12
(13 Jun 2021, 10:08 am)JP6004 If what's been said is true the eclipses undergoing refurb also 5505/,5506 transferred to washy. Also possible quaylinks away for refurb since 3 not seen since 8th may. Possible spares are covering for the mountain of repaints going on atm

Wonder where the Eclipses will end up, I know people were saying the X66 but I'm not sure that'll happen.

5505/5506 - could it be possible, they'll now be scrapped and parts taking off them, as this was gonna happen when they weren't needed.

Hopefully the Quaylink Versa's are away for a small refurb, they brand is looking "old" now, so a refresh, may bring new passengers onboard.... something which Martijn is very passionate about, as he says it in everyone of his live video's.

---------

That's true, its a perfect opportunity to use all these spares for cover for repaints, the 6 weeks school holiday isn't too far away too, most of the kids breakup on the 16th July this year, meaning we could have most of the spares kept in service until the start of September but that depends, on how many school contracts, GNE win or lose.

When will GNE find out what school contracts they won or lost?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
13 Jun 2021, 10:22 am #12

(13 Jun 2021, 10:08 am)JP6004 If what's been said is true the eclipses undergoing refurb also 5505/,5506 transferred to washy. Also possible quaylinks away for refurb since 3 not seen since 8th may. Possible spares are covering for the mountain of repaints going on atm

Wonder where the Eclipses will end up, I know people were saying the X66 but I'm not sure that'll happen.

5505/5506 - could it be possible, they'll now be scrapped and parts taking off them, as this was gonna happen when they weren't needed.

Hopefully the Quaylink Versa's are away for a small refurb, they brand is looking "old" now, so a refresh, may bring new passengers onboard.... something which Martijn is very passionate about, as he says it in everyone of his live video's.

---------

That's true, its a perfect opportunity to use all these spares for cover for repaints, the 6 weeks school holiday isn't too far away too, most of the kids breakup on the 16th July this year, meaning we could have most of the spares kept in service until the start of September but that depends, on how many school contracts, GNE win or lose.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

13 Jun 2021, 10:41 am #13
All or most of Newcastle duplicate have gone. The duplicate 63 has gone and so has the 1. Both the metro bus loans are now sitting at Percy Main
Micheal Aaron
13 Jun 2021, 10:41 am #13

All or most of Newcastle duplicate have gone. The duplicate 63 has gone and so has the 1. Both the metro bus loans are now sitting at Percy Main

busmanT

14 Jun 2021, 9:15 am #14

If there were 75 extra buses operating, and none are need from September (which is a reasonable assumption) then 75 buses plus spares (so 85 in total) should leave the fleet. That's a big reduction (will include loan vehicles of course).
The last allocation list their website (May) has 671 buses, excluding training and withdrawn, so it seems likely that the fleet might drop to below 600 from September.
busmanT
14 Jun 2021, 9:15 am #14

If there were 75 extra buses operating, and none are need from September (which is a reasonable assumption) then 75 buses plus spares (so 85 in total) should leave the fleet. That's a big reduction (will include loan vehicles of course).
The last allocation list their website (May) has 671 buses, excluding training and withdrawn, so it seems likely that the fleet might drop to below 600 from September.

Dan

Site Administrator

14 Jun 2021, 10:00 am #15
(14 Jun 2021, 9:15 am)busmanT If there were 75 extra buses operating, and none are need from September (which is a reasonable assumption) then 75 buses plus spares (so 85 in total) should leave the fleet. That's a big reduction (will include loan vehicles of course).

Go North East may of course also be awarded more Miscellaneous Works contracts this year - results for the contracts commencing in September are normally due by the end of this month - which would result in some of these buses being retained in the fleet.
Dan
14 Jun 2021, 10:00 am #15

(14 Jun 2021, 9:15 am)busmanT If there were 75 extra buses operating, and none are need from September (which is a reasonable assumption) then 75 buses plus spares (so 85 in total) should leave the fleet. That's a big reduction (will include loan vehicles of course).

Go North East may of course also be awarded more Miscellaneous Works contracts this year - results for the contracts commencing in September are normally due by the end of this month - which would result in some of these buses being retained in the fleet.

Michael

14 Jun 2021, 10:05 am #16
(14 Jun 2021, 10:00 am)Dan Go North East may of course also be awarded more Miscellaneous Works contracts this year - results for the contracts commencing in September are normally due by the end of this month - which would result in some of these buses being retained in the fleet.

Na I bet Gateshead Central Taxi's will win most of them............. Angel Tongue Wink

Hopefully by September social distancing is a thing of the past.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
14 Jun 2021, 10:05 am #16

(14 Jun 2021, 10:00 am)Dan Go North East may of course also be awarded more Miscellaneous Works contracts this year - results for the contracts commencing in September are normally due by the end of this month - which would result in some of these buses being retained in the fleet.

Na I bet Gateshead Central Taxi's will win most of them............. Angel Tongue Wink

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

14 Jun 2021, 10:10 am #17
Wonder which contracts will go. Which will be gained. Which will be withdrawn and Which will have a new service
Micheal Aaron
14 Jun 2021, 10:10 am #17

Wonder which contracts will go. Which will be gained. Which will be withdrawn and Which will have a new service

V514DFT

14 Jun 2021, 11:34 am #18
(14 Jun 2021, 10:05 am)Michael Na I bet Gateshead Central Taxi's will win most of them.............  Angel  Tongue  Wink

Lol,dont even joke about it  Big Grin

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
14 Jun 2021, 11:34 am #18

(14 Jun 2021, 10:05 am)Michael Na I bet Gateshead Central Taxi's will win most of them.............  Angel  Tongue  Wink

Lol,dont even joke about it  Big Grin

Kind Regards
Tez

JP6004

14 Jun 2021, 12:18 pm #19
(13 Jun 2021, 10:22 am)Michael Wonder where the Eclipses will end up, I know people were saying the X66 but I'm not sure that'll happen.

---------

It is possible. Think anything and everything was on the X66 before streetlites arrived after citaros were withdrawn. Sure all will become clear soon.

Possible that 5505/5506 may be stripped as that's where the remaining omnicities will be primarily based. Aren't the ones at riverside/ percy main due to be withdrawn this year?
JP6004
14 Jun 2021, 12:18 pm #19

(13 Jun 2021, 10:22 am)Michael Wonder where the Eclipses will end up, I know people were saying the X66 but I'm not sure that'll happen.

---------

It is possible. Think anything and everything was on the X66 before streetlites arrived after citaros were withdrawn. Sure all will become clear soon.

Possible that 5505/5506 may be stripped as that's where the remaining omnicities will be primarily based. Aren't the ones at riverside/ percy main due to be withdrawn this year?

Michael

27 Jun 2021, 9:23 am #20

Any news on the School tenders yet?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
27 Jun 2021, 9:23 am #20

Any news on the School tenders yet?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

• 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average