Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Vehicle Suggestions

Vehicle Suggestions

Vehicle Suggestions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Storx

07 Jun 2021, 5:30 pm #21
(06 Jun 2021, 5:26 pm)ifm001 If a possible 3 buses an hour is too many between Durham and Boldon that would then go against the suggestion made previously that the 50 would warrant double deckers.  Increase capacity woth larger buses or increase frequency with same size vehicles.   

Yes the routes differ between Boldon and Shields hence why I recommended numbers 50 and 51 which would retain the route difference. 

As I said some tweaks etc would also be needed  this was just a quick thought that popped into my head.

Yeah that's fair enough then. Personally if I was going to try something I'd probably say something like this called the South Tyneside Loop and combine the 5, 26, H2 and the 9 between Jarrow and Hebburn - https://goo.gl/maps/SfRdU6tBK6SZ359o7. It would be extended to South Shields via the current 5 route and serve Whiteleas and Green Lane (I ran out of pins).

It provides links to pretty much everywhere you need to be in South Tyneside on one massive route. I know you'd have dead running for drivers but it's better than running deckers on the 5 / 26 which don't need them so you'd make savings then plus the H2 which is useless.

I'd also extend the 35 to Jarrow via the 9 route including Kirkstone Avenue during the day to keep buses along Bede Burn Road / York Avenue to keep enough buses along there (6 buses to 2 buses is a bit excessive).
Storx
07 Jun 2021, 5:30 pm #21

(06 Jun 2021, 5:26 pm)ifm001 If a possible 3 buses an hour is too many between Durham and Boldon that would then go against the suggestion made previously that the 50 would warrant double deckers.  Increase capacity woth larger buses or increase frequency with same size vehicles.   

Yes the routes differ between Boldon and Shields hence why I recommended numbers 50 and 51 which would retain the route difference. 

As I said some tweaks etc would also be needed  this was just a quick thought that popped into my head.

Yeah that's fair enough then. Personally if I was going to try something I'd probably say something like this called the South Tyneside Loop and combine the 5, 26, H2 and the 9 between Jarrow and Hebburn - https://goo.gl/maps/SfRdU6tBK6SZ359o7. It would be extended to South Shields via the current 5 route and serve Whiteleas and Green Lane (I ran out of pins).

It provides links to pretty much everywhere you need to be in South Tyneside on one massive route. I know you'd have dead running for drivers but it's better than running deckers on the 5 / 26 which don't need them so you'd make savings then plus the H2 which is useless.

I'd also extend the 35 to Jarrow via the 9 route including Kirkstone Avenue during the day to keep buses along Bede Burn Road / York Avenue to keep enough buses along there (6 buses to 2 buses is a bit excessive).

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average