Menu

North East Buses Other Forms of Transport Railways Transpennine Express

Transpennine Express

Transpennine Express

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
Adrian

28 Jun 2021, 4:57 pm #1
Surprised, but we don't seem to have a Transpennine Express thread!

Anyhow, much like LNER, TPE are consulting on their proposed timetable changes. 

From a North East perspective, the proposals would include an hourly service to/from Chester-le-Street, as oppose to the infrequent timetable at present, but Northallerton seem to lose the half hourly service, replaced by a train every two hours.

More here: https://www.tpexpress.co.uk/about-us/our...nsultation

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
28 Jun 2021, 4:57 pm #1

Surprised, but we don't seem to have a Transpennine Express thread!

From a North East perspective, the proposals would include an hourly service to/from Chester-le-Street, as oppose to the infrequent timetable at present, but Northallerton seem to lose the half hourly service, replaced by a train every two hours.

rc81

28 Jun 2021, 5:25 pm #2
Also there will be no trains north of Newcastle and direct train to the airport from Newcastle, quite big cuts to allow LNER and the open operator more access on the Edinburgh to London parts
rc81
28 Jun 2021, 5:25 pm #2

Also there will be no trains north of Newcastle and direct train to the airport from Newcastle, quite big cuts to allow LNER and the open operator more access on the Edinburgh to London parts

busmanT

29 Jun 2021, 9:28 pm #3
(28 Jun 2021, 4:57 pm)Adrian Surprised, but we don't seem to have a Transpennine Express thread!

Northallerton gains XC every hour in lieu of TPE.
busmanT
29 Jun 2021, 9:28 pm #3

(28 Jun 2021, 4:57 pm)Adrian Surprised, but we don't seem to have a Transpennine Express thread!

Northallerton gains XC every hour in lieu of TPE.

Andreos1

26 Jan 2022, 12:49 pm #4
Just had notification of the following strike action with TPCX.

The strike action is set to take place on:
• Sunday 13 February (00:01 – 23:59)
• Sunday 20 February (00:01 – 23:59)
• Sunday 27 February (00:01 – 23:59)
• Sunday 06 March (00:01 – 23:59)

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
26 Jan 2022, 12:49 pm #4

Just had notification of the following strike action with TPCX.

The strike action is set to take place on:
• Sunday 13 February (00:01 – 23:59)
• Sunday 20 February (00:01 – 23:59)
• Sunday 27 February (00:01 – 23:59)
• Sunday 06 March (00:01 – 23:59)

Andreos1

04 Feb 2022, 11:02 am #5
Hearing rumours that the TPX extension to Saltburn won't be happening fully, until December.
They're possibly going to run the first and last of the day from Saltburn from May.

Andreos1
04 Feb 2022, 11:02 am #5

Hearing rumours that the TPX extension to Saltburn won't be happening fully, until December.
They're possibly going to run the first and last of the day from Saltburn from May.

peter

04 Feb 2022, 5:32 pm #6
(04 Feb 2022, 11:02 am)Andreos1 Hearing rumours that the TPX extension to Saltburn won't be happening fully, until December.

At the moment this is what's loaded into the timetable:

The 06:00 from Redcar will be extended to begin from Saltburn at 05:54. 

Looks to be a big uplift in the afternoon/evening timetable. The 19:07 Redcar to Manchester Victoria will extend to the Airport. The 16:35 from Manchester Airport to Redcar will extend to Saltburn with the 20:07 from Redcar to York extended to begin from Saltburn at 20:08 running about 15 minutes later as a result. The 17:38 from Manchester Airport to York will now extend to Redcar with a new 21:07 from Redcar to York. The 22:07 from Redcar to York will now extend through to Manchester Victoria. Then there will be a new 19:38 Manchester Airport to Saltburn with an 23:10 Saltburn to York.
peter
04 Feb 2022, 5:32 pm #6

(04 Feb 2022, 11:02 am)Andreos1 Hearing rumours that the TPX extension to Saltburn won't be happening fully, until December.

At the moment this is what's loaded into the timetable:

Looks to be a big uplift in the afternoon/evening timetable. The 19:07 Redcar to Manchester Victoria will extend to the Airport. The 16:35 from Manchester Airport to Redcar will extend to Saltburn with the 20:07 from Redcar to York extended to begin from Saltburn at 20:08 running about 15 minutes later as a result. The 17:38 from Manchester Airport to York will now extend to Redcar with a new 21:07 from Redcar to York. The 22:07 from Redcar to York will now extend through to Manchester Victoria. Then there will be a new 19:38 Manchester Airport to Saltburn with an 23:10 Saltburn to York.

Andreos1

04 Feb 2022, 5:56 pm #7
(04 Feb 2022, 5:32 pm)peter At the moment this is what's loaded into the timetable:

Ah interesting.
Hopefully more than just the one run then.

Andreos1
04 Feb 2022, 5:56 pm #7

(04 Feb 2022, 5:32 pm)peter At the moment this is what's loaded into the timetable:

Ah interesting.
Hopefully more than just the one run then.

Andreos1

17 Feb 2022, 1:51 pm #8
185114 got as far a Saltburn today. Presumably ahead of the May changes.

According to RTT, it started as 5Z82 from Middlesbrough and ran back to York as 5Z83.

Andreos1
17 Feb 2022, 1:51 pm #8

185114 got as far a Saltburn today. Presumably ahead of the May changes.

According to RTT, it started as 5Z82 from Middlesbrough and ran back to York as 5Z83.

Andreos1

22 Feb 2022, 9:51 am #9
(17 Feb 2022, 1:51 pm)Andreos1 185114 got as far a Saltburn today. Presumably ahead of the May changes.

And again today.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service...allox_id=1
185145 this time.

5Z80 and 5Z81

Andreos1
22 Feb 2022, 9:51 am #9

(17 Feb 2022, 1:51 pm)Andreos1 185114 got as far a Saltburn today. Presumably ahead of the May changes.

And again today.
https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/service...allox_id=1
185145 this time.

5Z80 and 5Z81

citaro5284

19 Mar 2022, 5:59 pm #10
What a shambles today. Nothing through Huddersfield until mid morning due to an ill signaller which more or less meant nothing from the North East to the North West until around lunchtime. Surely Network Rail have a backup plan. Wonder if this would have happened in London

Looking at Real Time Trains from Manchester Victoria to Leeds, it doesnt paint a very good picture at all, and when they want us to get back onto the trains. Nothing from Manchester to Newcastle from 1145 until 1645. There were more than this but were already cancelled due to driver shortages which were taken out of the journey planner.

https://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/...59?stp=WVS&show=all&order=wtt&toc=TP
citaro5284
19 Mar 2022, 5:59 pm #10

What a shambles today. Nothing through Huddersfield until mid morning due to an ill signaller which more or less meant nothing from the North East to the North West until around lunchtime. Surely Network Rail have a backup plan. Wonder if this would have happened in London

Looking at Real Time Trains from Manchester Victoria to Leeds, it doesnt paint a very good picture at all, and when they want us to get back onto the trains. Nothing from Manchester to Newcastle from 1145 until 1645. There were more than this but were already cancelled due to driver shortages which were taken out of the journey planner.

Adrian

19 Mar 2022, 6:19 pm #11
(19 Mar 2022, 5:59 pm)citaro5284 What a shambles today.  Nothing through Huddersfield until mid morning due to an ill signaller which more or less meant nothing from the North East to the North West until around lunchtime.  Surely Network Rail have a backup plan.  Wonder if this would have happened in London

Looking at Real Time Trains from Manchester Victoria to Leeds, it doesnt paint a very good picture at all, and when they want us to get back onto the trains.  Nothing from Manchester to Newcastle from 1145 until 1645.  There were more than this but were already cancelled due to driver shortages which were taken out of the journey planner.

Nobody anywhere seems to have a backup plan at the moment. It's supposed to be critical infrastructure, so there should never be a lack of staff to operate it. Wonder if this would ever happen at a power station? 

Tory Party conference is in Blackpool this weekend, so at least it'll have disrupted some of those who have the power to influence change.

Adrian
19 Mar 2022, 6:19 pm #11

(19 Mar 2022, 5:59 pm)citaro5284 What a shambles today.  Nothing through Huddersfield until mid morning due to an ill signaller which more or less meant nothing from the North East to the North West until around lunchtime.  Surely Network Rail have a backup plan.  Wonder if this would have happened in London

Looking at Real Time Trains from Manchester Victoria to Leeds, it doesnt paint a very good picture at all, and when they want us to get back onto the trains.  Nothing from Manchester to Newcastle from 1145 until 1645.  There were more than this but were already cancelled due to driver shortages which were taken out of the journey planner.

Nobody anywhere seems to have a backup plan at the moment. It's supposed to be critical infrastructure, so there should never be a lack of staff to operate it. Wonder if this would ever happen at a power station? 

Tory Party conference is in Blackpool this weekend, so at least it'll have disrupted some of those who have the power to influence change.

Andreos1

19 Mar 2022, 7:23 pm #12

If you didn't mention Huddersfield and signaller, I'd have thought you were on about the X1 there!
Or, having seen Adrian's post elsewhere - the 74.

Andreos1
19 Mar 2022, 7:23 pm #12

If you didn't mention Huddersfield and signaller, I'd have thought you were on about the X1 there!

Dan

Site Administrator

19 Mar 2022, 7:44 pm #13
(19 Mar 2022, 7:23 pm)Andreos1 If you didn't mention Huddersfield and signaller, I'd have thought you were on about the X1 there!

There’s me thinking this was the TPE thread.

Does your eye start to twitch if you don’t mention GNE every few hours?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
19 Mar 2022, 7:44 pm #13

(19 Mar 2022, 7:23 pm)Andreos1 If you didn't mention Huddersfield and signaller, I'd have thought you were on about the X1 there!

There’s me thinking this was the TPE thread.

Andreos1

19 Mar 2022, 8:56 pm #14
(19 Mar 2022, 7:44 pm)Dan There’s me thinking this was the TPE thread.

Obsessed Daniel. Just can't get enough of them!

But seriously, I just find the irony delicious.

Andreos1
19 Mar 2022, 8:56 pm #14

(19 Mar 2022, 7:44 pm)Dan There’s me thinking this was the TPE thread.

Obsessed Daniel. Just can't get enough of them!

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Mar 2022, 6:50 am #15
(19 Mar 2022, 8:56 pm)Andreos1 Obsessed Daniel. Just can't get enough of them!

We can all tell!

Chomping on delicious irony as you rock back and forth on a chair in a dark room… Always here for you if you need help.

Meanwhile, we’ll get back onto discussing TPE and we’ll realise how this thread has nothing to do with Go North East regardless of who posts in it, given that we’re all here as enthusiasts…?

Dan
20 Mar 2022, 6:50 am #15

(19 Mar 2022, 8:56 pm)Andreos1 Obsessed Daniel. Just can't get enough of them!

We can all tell!

Chomping on delicious irony as you rock back and forth on a chair in a dark room… Always here for you if you need help.

Meanwhile, we’ll get back onto discussing TPE and we’ll realise how this thread has nothing to do with Go North East regardless of who posts in it, given that we’re all here as enthusiasts…?

Andreos1

20 Mar 2022, 10:15 am #16
(20 Mar 2022, 6:50 am)Dan We can all tell!

So nobody is allowed to mention an operator (of whatever variety whether it be bus, train, plane, helicopter, taxi or whatever else), beyond the appropriate thread?

Not a grass, but Omnicity465910 mentioned the Metro in the bus disruptions thread. Does that count?

Our North Korea correspondent could have a whale of a time over all of this!

On a more serious note, you've been told by the authorities to stop peeking through my window.
If I rock back and forth, chomping on delicious irony, with my twitchy eye in the dark - then that's my business. Not yours, or anyone else who wants to peek through the window.

It might be entertaining. It might showcase my extraordinary lifestyle and skills, but that's for my own space. Not here or anywhere else.

Just to keep it relevant, I went on a TPX last week for a point to point journey. No water in the front three carriages of the journey at all. I was told that they would refill the tanks at a station, that I'm pretty sure doesn't have those capabilities at all.

Andreos1
20 Mar 2022, 10:15 am #16

(20 Mar 2022, 6:50 am)Dan We can all tell!

So nobody is allowed to mention an operator (of whatever variety whether it be bus, train, plane, helicopter, taxi or whatever else), beyond the appropriate thread?

Not a grass, but Omnicity465910 mentioned the Metro in the bus disruptions thread. Does that count?

On a more serious note, you've been told by the authorities to stop peeking through my window.
If I rock back and forth, chomping on delicious irony, with my twitchy eye in the dark - then that's my business. Not yours, or anyone else who wants to peek through the window.

It might be entertaining. It might showcase my extraordinary lifestyle and skills, but that's for my own space. Not here or anywhere else.

Just to keep it relevant, I went on a TPX last week for a point to point journey. No water in the front three carriages of the journey at all. I was told that they would refill the tanks at a station, that I'm pretty sure doesn't have those capabilities at all.

Dan

Site Administrator

20 Mar 2022, 10:57 am #17
(20 Mar 2022, 10:15 am)Andreos1 So nobody is allowed to mention an operator (of whatever variety whether it be bus, train, plane, helicopter, taxi or whatever else), beyond the appropriate thread?

Snitches get stitches!

Dan
20 Mar 2022, 10:57 am #17

(20 Mar 2022, 10:15 am)Andreos1 So nobody is allowed to mention an operator (of whatever variety whether it be bus, train, plane, helicopter, taxi or whatever else), beyond the appropriate thread?

Snitches get stitches!

Ambassador

23 Mar 2022, 2:55 pm #18
I've just booked a trip with TPE for my sins - I'm visiting friends in Manchester (stalybridge) next month and TPE are my only option.

I've spread my bets and am using LNER to get to York and then at least there's options from there to get me onwards to Staly. I'm going early Saturday morning too to avoid the rushes.

Returning a Thu (logic - avoid friday weekend travellers) via Huddersfield and keeping all fingers and toes crossed I'll be ok as Huddersfield station is a dismal place to be stuck

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
23 Mar 2022, 2:55 pm #18

I've just booked a trip with TPE for my sins - I'm visiting friends in Manchester (stalybridge) next month and TPE are my only option.

I've spread my bets and am using LNER to get to York and then at least there's options from there to get me onwards to Staly. I'm going early Saturday morning too to avoid the rushes.

Returning a Thu (logic - avoid friday weekend travellers) via Huddersfield and keeping all fingers and toes crossed I'll be ok as Huddersfield station is a dismal place to be stuck

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

citaro5284

23 Mar 2022, 4:46 pm #19
(23 Mar 2022, 2:55 pm)Ambassador I've just booked a trip with TPE for my sins - I'm visiting friends in Manchester (stalybridge) next month and TPE are my only option.

I will keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you as well....
citaro5284
23 Mar 2022, 4:46 pm #19

(23 Mar 2022, 2:55 pm)Ambassador I've just booked a trip with TPE for my sins - I'm visiting friends in Manchester (stalybridge) next month and TPE are my only option.

I will keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you as well....

Andreos1

23 Mar 2022, 4:48 pm #20

If you do get stuck, focus on the positives.
There's the delay repay and you've got the decent pubs at both Stalybridge AND Huddersfield.

Andreos1
23 Mar 2022, 4:48 pm #20

If you do get stuck, focus on the positives.
There's the delay repay and you've got the decent pubs at both Stalybridge AND Huddersfield.

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average