Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Metrocentre Bus and Coach Show 2021

Metrocentre Bus and Coach Show 2021

Metrocentre Bus and Coach Show 2021

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): 1 2 Next
04 Jul 2021, 12:13 pm #1
Date has been confirmed by staff at Whitly Bay for Metrocentre to be held on the 25th July 

Other events are

Bishop Auckland Market Place is the 15th August and Seaburn being the 30th August
Micheal Aaron
04 Jul 2021, 12:13 pm #1

Date has been confirmed by staff at Whitly Bay for Metrocentre to be held on the 25th July 

Other events are

Bishop Auckland Market Place is the 15th August and Seaburn being the 30th August

MurdnunoC

04 Jul 2021, 1:03 pm #2
These rallies seem to be coming thick and fast to what is considered, by some, to be an already oversaturated calendar of events.

The Metrocentre one will be the third this month alone!
MurdnunoC
04 Jul 2021, 1:03 pm #2

These rallies seem to be coming thick and fast to what is considered, by some, to be an already oversaturated calendar of events.

Adrian

04 Jul 2021, 2:39 pm #3
(04 Jul 2021, 1:03 pm)MurdnunoC These rallies seem to be coming thick and fast to what is considered, by some, to be an already oversaturated calendar of events.

Agree. There's too many rallies happening in a short space of time, rather than having say two really good rallies.

This also falls on the same date as the Seaburn Classic & Heritage weekend, which looks to be a rename of the failed Festival of Transport event.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
04 Jul 2021, 2:39 pm #3

(04 Jul 2021, 1:03 pm)MurdnunoC These rallies seem to be coming thick and fast to what is considered, by some, to be an already oversaturated calendar of events.

Agree. There's too many rallies happening in a short space of time, rather than having say two really good rallies.

This also falls on the same date as the Seaburn Classic & Heritage weekend, which looks to be a rename of the failed Festival of Transport event.

04 Jul 2021, 7:56 pm #4
According to staff. They have been trying to get the events out early enough but they only got Metrocentre confirmed yesterday

Whitley Bay was confirmed the day after Durham

And they finally got Bishop and Seaburn done alongside Metrocentre
Micheal Aaron
04 Jul 2021, 7:56 pm #4

According to staff. They have been trying to get the events out early enough but they only got Metrocentre confirmed yesterday

MurdnunoC

04 Jul 2021, 9:12 pm #5
(04 Jul 2021, 7:56 pm)Micheal Aaron According to staff. They have been trying to get the events out early enough but they only got Metrocentre confirmed yesterday

They don't need Metrocentre this year though. Especially when NEBPT have already had two sparsely attended rallies in as many weeks. It seems like NEBPT are having rallies just for the sake of rallies at the moment; too many is overkill. Less is more. Focus on one: Seaburn. The others really don't matter.
MurdnunoC
04 Jul 2021, 9:12 pm #5

(04 Jul 2021, 7:56 pm)Micheal Aaron According to staff. They have been trying to get the events out early enough but they only got Metrocentre confirmed yesterday

They don't need Metrocentre this year though. Especially when NEBPT have already had two sparsely attended rallies in as many weeks. It seems like NEBPT are having rallies just for the sake of rallies at the moment; too many is overkill. Less is more. Focus on one: Seaburn. The others really don't matter.

04 Jul 2021, 9:32 pm #6
A lot of people like Metrocentre. It's possible the most popular one.

It's glad to see it go Ahead insted of wating till next year
Micheal Aaron
04 Jul 2021, 9:32 pm #6

A lot of people like Metrocentre. It's possible the most popular one.

It's glad to see it go Ahead insted of wating till next year

Ds1197

04 Jul 2021, 9:59 pm #7
It's probably the easiest rally to get to from most of the North east
Ds1197
04 Jul 2021, 9:59 pm #7

It's probably the easiest rally to get to from most of the North east

MurdnunoC

04 Jul 2021, 10:10 pm #8
Just because something is easy and popular doesn't necessarily mean it's any good.

Like Katie Price for example...
MurdnunoC
04 Jul 2021, 10:10 pm #8

Just because something is easy and popular doesn't necessarily mean it's any good.

Like Katie Price for example...

04 Jul 2021, 10:26 pm #9
Metrocentre is the best one. Seaburn decent but that's if your a car fan as well
Micheal Aaron
04 Jul 2021, 10:26 pm #9

Metrocentre is the best one. Seaburn decent but that's if your a car fan as well

Jimmi

04 Jul 2021, 11:32 pm #10
(04 Jul 2021, 9:12 pm)MurdnunoC They don't need Metrocentre this year though. Especially when NEBPT have already had two sparsely attended rallies in as many weeks. It seems like NEBPT are having rallies just for the sake of rallies at the moment; too many is overkill. Less is more. Focus on one: Seaburn. The others really don't matter.
I somewhat agree especially with all the current circumstances with buses awaiting MOTs or owners choosing to keep their buses off the road for the time being plus with short notice of it all many can't get the time off to attend/enter a bus, even getting operators to turn up is a struggle atm with staff shortages and independents picking up the pieces, so a vastly reduced line-up and very little in the way of buses to actually be able to ride on doesn't do much for me, only did Durham as was local to me.

End of the day, they can hold all the events they want but don't expect me (or others) to turn up to most of them.
Jimmi
04 Jul 2021, 11:32 pm #10

(04 Jul 2021, 9:12 pm)MurdnunoC They don't need Metrocentre this year though. Especially when NEBPT have already had two sparsely attended rallies in as many weeks. It seems like NEBPT are having rallies just for the sake of rallies at the moment; too many is overkill. Less is more. Focus on one: Seaburn. The others really don't matter.
I somewhat agree especially with all the current circumstances with buses awaiting MOTs or owners choosing to keep their buses off the road for the time being plus with short notice of it all many can't get the time off to attend/enter a bus, even getting operators to turn up is a struggle atm with staff shortages and independents picking up the pieces, so a vastly reduced line-up and very little in the way of buses to actually be able to ride on doesn't do much for me, only did Durham as was local to me.

End of the day, they can hold all the events they want but don't expect me (or others) to turn up to most of them.

Adrian

05 Jul 2021, 6:24 pm #11
Confirmed by NEBPT on their Facebook page with limited information:

"Metrocentre Bus and Coach show is an annual event organised by the NEBPT. Attending vehicles range from vintage buses to modern Buses and coaches.
Anyone with a Bus or coach that would like to attend please go to the Events section on our website and register your vehicle.
events@nebpt.co.uk
Stalls selling Bus memorabilia, spares and Models are most welcome to attend too."

The said page on their website doesn't exist, but they do have a facebook event up: https://www.facebook.com/events/522530779172991/

[Image: 210102168_4273255399398621_8255815558422...e=60E86C9B]

Adrian
05 Jul 2021, 6:24 pm #11

Confirmed by NEBPT on their Facebook page with limited information:

"Metrocentre Bus and Coach show is an annual event organised by the NEBPT. Attending vehicles range from vintage buses to modern Buses and coaches.
Anyone with a Bus or coach that would like to attend please go to the Events section on our website and register your vehicle.
events@nebpt.co.uk
Stalls selling Bus memorabilia, spares and Models are most welcome to attend too."

The said page on their website doesn't exist, but they do have a facebook event up: https://www.facebook.com/events/522530779172991/

[Image: 210102168_4273255399398621_8255815558422...e=60E86C9B]

Charles41

05 Jul 2021, 6:41 pm #12
It's counter productive to have so many rallies in such a short timeframe. They should focus on a couple of events and use the time to get fully organised and prepared.

Your just going to be in the situation where rallies are poorly attended which gives bad publicity.

Charles
Charles41
05 Jul 2021, 6:41 pm #12

It's counter productive to have so many rallies in such a short timeframe. They should focus on a couple of events and use the time to get fully organised and prepared.

Your just going to be in the situation where rallies are poorly attended which gives bad publicity.

Charles

Storx

05 Jul 2021, 6:47 pm #13
Must admit I don't go to them as it's not really my thing but surely it's more for the general public with their kids etc who want a day out rather than enthusiasts.

Whitley (North Tyneside), Durham (North Durham), Bishop (South Durham), Metro Centre (Gateshead / Newcastle), Seaburn (Sunderland) are all quite a distance from each other and serve different areas of the North East. The GP from Durham aren't going to travel to Whitley Bay or the Metro Centre to look at some buses and vice versa.
Storx
05 Jul 2021, 6:47 pm #13

Must admit I don't go to them as it's not really my thing but surely it's more for the general public with their kids etc who want a day out rather than enthusiasts.

Whitley (North Tyneside), Durham (North Durham), Bishop (South Durham), Metro Centre (Gateshead / Newcastle), Seaburn (Sunderland) are all quite a distance from each other and serve different areas of the North East. The GP from Durham aren't going to travel to Whitley Bay or the Metro Centre to look at some buses and vice versa.

05 Jul 2021, 6:52 pm #14
Metrocentre has always been popular. God know what caused intu to stop them having it for two years then brought it back

There was only 4 rallys they ever held

Metrocentre (may)
Durham (June)
Whitly Bay (July apart from between 2012 & 2015)
Seaburn (August)

Bishop was only brought up in 2019 and turned out a success even though I thought it would be bad

Tbh the only rally out of place is Metrocentre this year
Micheal Aaron
05 Jul 2021, 6:52 pm #14

Metrocentre has always been popular. God know what caused intu to stop them having it for two years then brought it back

There was only 4 rallys they ever held

Metrocentre (may)
Durham (June)
Whitly Bay (July apart from between 2012 & 2015)
Seaburn (August)

Bishop was only brought up in 2019 and turned out a success even though I thought it would be bad

Tbh the only rally out of place is Metrocentre this year

Charles41

05 Jul 2021, 7:27 pm #15
I'll probably go to Shildon, that's usually a canny little rally. I'm also thinking of trying the Yorkshire Dales Running Day at Skipton later in the year.

Seaburn after the Festival of Transport is just a straight no. Metrocentre perhaps.

Charles
Charles41
05 Jul 2021, 7:27 pm #15

I'll probably go to Shildon, that's usually a canny little rally. I'm also thinking of trying the Yorkshire Dales Running Day at Skipton later in the year.

Seaburn after the Festival of Transport is just a straight no. Metrocentre perhaps.

Charles

05 Jul 2021, 8:56 pm #16
My thoughts on rallys (based on the 2019 versions)

Metrocentre was okay. Prefer it when it was at Spillers Warth

Durham is a decent rally but it's really packed and crowded

Whitley Bay need to be back in the car park across the road where it was held before

Bishop Auckland. Great for its first year. Bus trips was quite fun as well and turn out was better than I expected

Seaburn was a bit of a let down. It was possible the smallest turn out for buses (for that event)

Festival of Transport I wasn't keen on as its just Seaburn MRK2 with the only difference being its held over two days

I still go to them as I enjoy them and it's nice seeing old buses out in public and its nice to see what people have done to there buses
Micheal Aaron
05 Jul 2021, 8:56 pm #16

My thoughts on rallys (based on the 2019 versions)

Metrocentre was okay. Prefer it when it was at Spillers Warth

Durham is a decent rally but it's really packed and crowded

Whitley Bay need to be back in the car park across the road where it was held before

Bishop Auckland. Great for its first year. Bus trips was quite fun as well and turn out was better than I expected

Seaburn was a bit of a let down. It was possible the smallest turn out for buses (for that event)

Festival of Transport I wasn't keen on as its just Seaburn MRK2 with the only difference being its held over two days

I still go to them as I enjoy them and it's nice seeing old buses out in public and its nice to see what people have done to there buses

05 Jul 2021, 10:13 pm #17
Again another one I won't be attending due to it being too short notice and as a result unable to get time off work.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
05 Jul 2021, 10:13 pm #17

Again another one I won't be attending due to it being too short notice and as a result unable to get time off work.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

BusLoverMum

08 Jul 2021, 11:03 pm #18
(04 Jul 2021, 9:59 pm)Ds1197 It's probably the easiest rally to get to from most of the North east
Much easier than seaburn from Durham and teesside.

(05 Jul 2021, 6:47 pm)Storx Must admit I don't go to them as it's not really my thing but surely it's more for the general public with their kids etc who want a day out rather than enthusiasts.

Less than 20 minutes from our side of Durham to the metro centre in car. Not much longer than to howlands, tbh.
Edited 08 Jul 2021, 11:05 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
08 Jul 2021, 11:03 pm #18

(04 Jul 2021, 9:59 pm)Ds1197 It's probably the easiest rally to get to from most of the North east
Much easier than seaburn from Durham and teesside.

(05 Jul 2021, 6:47 pm)Storx Must admit I don't go to them as it's not really my thing but surely it's more for the general public with their kids etc who want a day out rather than enthusiasts.

Less than 20 minutes from our side of Durham to the metro centre in car. Not much longer than to howlands, tbh.

09 Jul 2021, 3:38 pm #19
Om the website about Metrocentre

At the Metrocentre Coach Park

This event which will feature a selection of classic buses and coaches on display and trade stands

To travel to the event by public transport catch any bus or rail service serving the Metrocentre and walk over the footbridge to the Metrocentre Coach Park.

For additional information on the location of the Metrocentre Coach Park, click here

Visit our sponsors Go North East

No information about a free shuttle service or anything like that
Micheal Aaron
09 Jul 2021, 3:38 pm #19

Om the website about Metrocentre

At the Metrocentre Coach Park

This event which will feature a selection of classic buses and coaches on display and trade stands

To travel to the event by public transport catch any bus or rail service serving the Metrocentre and walk over the footbridge to the Metrocentre Coach Park.

For additional information on the location of the Metrocentre Coach Park, click here

Visit our sponsors Go North East

No information about a free shuttle service or anything like that

Train8261

18 Jul 2021, 1:08 pm #20
Well Metrocentre is a week today Sunday 25th July

Still no updates about a free shuttle or timetable

If its like previous events. The shuttle will run to Bewick Street and back
Train8261
18 Jul 2021, 1:08 pm #20

Well Metrocentre is a week today Sunday 25th July

Still no updates about a free shuttle or timetable

If its like previous events. The shuttle will run to Bewick Street and back