Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Metrocentre Bus and Coach Show 2021

Metrocentre Bus and Coach Show 2021

Metrocentre Bus and Coach Show 2021

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Adrian

19 Jul 2021, 1:18 pm #21
(18 Jul 2021, 1:08 pm)Train8261 Well Metrocentre is a week today Sunday 25th July

Still no updates about a free shuttle or timetable

If its like previous events. The shuttle will run to Bewick Street and back

Yep, I noticed that too... it's not a great sell to attend an event, if the information about it is this vague.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
19 Jul 2021, 1:18 pm #21

(18 Jul 2021, 1:08 pm)Train8261 Well Metrocentre is a week today Sunday 25th July

Still no updates about a free shuttle or timetable

If its like previous events. The shuttle will run to Bewick Street and back

Yep, I noticed that too... it's not a great sell to attend an event, if the information about it is this vague.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Train8261

19 Jul 2021, 3:00 pm #22
When I was speaking to one of the staff members at the event. He mentioned that they already had a good few over 10 already entered for the event
Train8261
19 Jul 2021, 3:00 pm #22

When I was speaking to one of the staff members at the event. He mentioned that they already had a good few over 10 already entered for the event

BusLoverMum

20 Jul 2021, 11:13 pm #23
(19 Jul 2021, 3:00 pm)Train8261 When I was speaking to one of the staff members at the event. He mentioned that they already had a good few over 10 already entered for the event
Well that would be disappointing compared to usual.
BusLoverMum
20 Jul 2021, 11:13 pm #23

(19 Jul 2021, 3:00 pm)Train8261 When I was speaking to one of the staff members at the event. He mentioned that they already had a good few over 10 already entered for the event
Well that would be disappointing compared to usual.

MurdnunoC

23 Jul 2021, 6:24 am #24
(20 Jul 2021, 11:13 pm)BusLoverMum Well that would be disappointing compared to usual.

Indeed.

Perhaps that's why GNE have had to bail them out by holding an open day on the same date.
MurdnunoC
23 Jul 2021, 6:24 am #24

(20 Jul 2021, 11:13 pm)BusLoverMum Well that would be disappointing compared to usual.

Indeed.

Perhaps that's why GNE have had to bail them out by holding an open day on the same date.

BusLoverMum

24 Jul 2021, 8:46 pm #25
One thing I've been wondering is how safely Park and get to the coach park, with the boys, without having to go inside and ye the covered bridge. Not so much because they won't be wearing masks but because yiu gest has loud tics that get worse in a busy enclosed space. Been trying to locate crossings and footpaths on Google maps but not had much luck.
BusLoverMum
24 Jul 2021, 8:46 pm #25

One thing I've been wondering is how safely Park and get to the coach park, with the boys, without having to go inside and ye the covered bridge. Not so much because they won't be wearing masks but because yiu gest has loud tics that get worse in a busy enclosed space. Been trying to locate crossings and footpaths on Google maps but not had much luck.

MurdnunoC

24 Jul 2021, 8:55 pm #26
(24 Jul 2021, 8:46 pm)BusLoverMum One thing I've been wondering is how safely Park and get to the coach park, with the boys, without having to go inside and ye the covered bridge. Not so much because they won't be wearing masks but because yiu gest has loud tics that get worse in a busy enclosed space. Been trying to locate crossings and footpaths on Google maps but not had much luck.

Without waking down the path opposite the bus station heading towards the depot (then back again once you've went under the railway line at Cross Lane), or walking towards Asda and walking across the road-bridge which crosses the railway line, there is no other option which doesn't involve walking for about a mile unfortunately.
MurdnunoC
24 Jul 2021, 8:55 pm #26

(24 Jul 2021, 8:46 pm)BusLoverMum One thing I've been wondering is how safely Park and get to the coach park, with the boys, without having to go inside and ye the covered bridge. Not so much because they won't be wearing masks but because yiu gest has loud tics that get worse in a busy enclosed space. Been trying to locate crossings and footpaths on Google maps but not had much luck.

Without waking down the path opposite the bus station heading towards the depot (then back again once you've went under the railway line at Cross Lane), or walking towards Asda and walking across the road-bridge which crosses the railway line, there is no other option which doesn't involve walking for about a mile unfortunately.

24 Jul 2021, 9:07 pm #27

I'd probably park in Costco, or if there's room on the road leading to it from the roundabout and walk along.
streetdeckfan
24 Jul 2021, 9:07 pm #27

I'd probably park in Costco, or if there's room on the road leading to it from the roundabout and walk along.

24 Jul 2021, 9:32 pm #28
You should be able to park in the Coach Park itself without issue.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
24 Jul 2021, 9:32 pm #28

You should be able to park in the Coach Park itself without issue.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

BusLoverMum

25 Jul 2021, 8:05 am #29
(24 Jul 2021, 9:32 pm)Rapidsnap You should be able to park in the Coach Park itself without issue.
That's good to know, thanks.
BusLoverMum
25 Jul 2021, 8:05 am #29

(24 Jul 2021, 9:32 pm)Rapidsnap You should be able to park in the Coach Park itself without issue.
That's good to know, thanks.

BusLoverMum

25 Jul 2021, 9:01 am #30
Looks like we're not going unless bigun hauls his backside out of bed in the next few minutes, anyhow.
BusLoverMum
25 Jul 2021, 9:01 am #30

Looks like we're not going unless bigun hauls his backside out of bed in the next few minutes, anyhow.

BusLoverMum

25 Jul 2021, 12:18 pm #31
Well we made it. Definitely more than 10 buses and some real treats.
BusLoverMum
25 Jul 2021, 12:18 pm #31

Well we made it. Definitely more than 10 buses and some real treats.

25 Jul 2021, 12:47 pm #32
Having seen a couple of pictures posted of the Scania Fencer, I still think it looks bloody awful. Plus, those wheel arches are horrific.

Maybe it'll look alright with a livery on it, but I'm not sure.
streetdeckfan
25 Jul 2021, 12:47 pm #32

Having seen a couple of pictures posted of the Scania Fencer, I still think it looks bloody awful. Plus, those wheel arches are horrific.

Maybe it'll look alright with a livery on it, but I'm not sure.

BusLoverMum

25 Jul 2021, 1:20 pm #33
The wheels look massive, even without the statement arches.

It was nice seeing it parked next to one of the first omnicities, though.
BusLoverMum
25 Jul 2021, 1:20 pm #33

The wheels look massive, even without the statement arches.

25 Jul 2021, 1:46 pm #34
(25 Jul 2021, 1:20 pm)BusLoverMum The wheels look massive, even without the statement arches.

I've always been a fan of how the Omnicitys look tbh, and despite how much I complain about the OmniDekkas, I've always liked the look of them as well.

The only thing that I don't like about them is the rectangular headlights that look like they've just been screwed on
streetdeckfan
25 Jul 2021, 1:46 pm #34

(25 Jul 2021, 1:20 pm)BusLoverMum The wheels look massive, even without the statement arches.

I've always been a fan of how the Omnicitys look tbh, and despite how much I complain about the OmniDekkas, I've always liked the look of them as well.

The only thing that I don't like about them is the rectangular headlights that look like they've just been screwed on

25 Jul 2021, 7:17 pm #35
I'm also on the Fence with the Scania Fencer. The interior towards the rear is claustrophobic especially without the rear window. Destination blind at the front looks too shallow too.

Rapidsnap
25 Jul 2021, 7:17 pm #35

I'm also on the Fence with the Scania Fencer. The interior towards the rear is claustrophobic especially without the rear window. Destination blind at the front looks too shallow too.

25 Jul 2021, 8:44 pm #36
Apparently some children were causing problems at Riverside earlier, I didn’t see anything as I wasn’t there long. This is what one of my Facebook friends shared

[Image: bab0a256ad577cab4f039a7ff9fc1552.jpg]

Incidents like this could result in events like this not being held in future due to the minority of people who choose to do things like this.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
25 Jul 2021, 8:44 pm #36

Apparently some children were causing problems at Riverside earlier, I didn’t see anything as I wasn’t there long. This is what one of my Facebook friends shared

[Image: bab0a256ad577cab4f039a7ff9fc1552.jpg]

Incidents like this could result in events like this not being held in future due to the minority of people who choose to do things like this.

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk

25 Jul 2021, 9:04 pm #37
If they ever hold an event again in future, they probably have to ensure no children under the age of 14 to be allowed in without an adult.

Rapidsnap
25 Jul 2021, 9:04 pm #37

If they ever hold an event again in future, they probably have to ensure no children under the age of 14 to be allowed in without an adult.

25 Jul 2021, 9:05 pm #38
(25 Jul 2021, 7:17 pm)Rapidsnap I'm also on the Fence with the Scania Fencer. The interior towards the rear is claustrophobic especially without the rear window. Destination blind at the front looks too shallow too.

Yeah, especially with the seats being so high you won't get a good view out the side windows either.
Looks like they decided to go with the leg burners rather than blow air heating.

Overall, from what I've seen of the interior I'm not that impressed. Looking at the dimensions it seems it's about 10cm wider and 10cm taller than a Streetlite, but to me the Streetlite looks more spacious. Having said that, I haven't tried the Fencer out, it could just be down to the photo.

Agree about the destination blind as well, it doesn't even look like there's room to fit one of GNE's standard Hanover units.
streetdeckfan
25 Jul 2021, 9:05 pm #38

(25 Jul 2021, 7:17 pm)Rapidsnap I'm also on the Fence with the Scania Fencer. The interior towards the rear is claustrophobic especially without the rear window. Destination blind at the front looks too shallow too.

Yeah, especially with the seats being so high you won't get a good view out the side windows either.
Looks like they decided to go with the leg burners rather than blow air heating.

Overall, from what I've seen of the interior I'm not that impressed. Looking at the dimensions it seems it's about 10cm wider and 10cm taller than a Streetlite, but to me the Streetlite looks more spacious. Having said that, I haven't tried the Fencer out, it could just be down to the photo.

Agree about the destination blind as well, it doesn't even look like there's room to fit one of GNE's standard Hanover units.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average