Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events GNE Riverside Depot Open Day Sunday 25th July

GNE Riverside Depot Open Day Sunday 25th July

GNE Riverside Depot Open Day Sunday 25th July

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next
22 Jul 2021, 5:44 pm #1
https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/open-day

25th July

Join us this Sunday as we open the gates at our Gateshead Riverside depot to welcome you for an open day between 10am and 4pm.

Entry is free and there's plenty to see and do:

Bus displays, including Scania displaying the very latest generation 'Fencer' single-deck bus
Workshop viewing area
Electric bus demonstration
Merchandise stalls, including Masquette and other Go North East goodies
Family fun activities
Vintage bus rides

Metrocentre bus rally will also be taking place at Metrocentre Coach Park, and you can catch our free shuttle bus from there to the depot.

Find out more about the events

Please note that there is no parking available at Gateshead Riverside depot.
streetdeckfan
22 Jul 2021, 5:44 pm #1

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/open-day

25th July

Join us this Sunday as we open the gates at our Gateshead Riverside depot to welcome you for an open day between 10am and 4pm.

Entry is free and there's plenty to see and do:

Bus displays, including Scania displaying the very latest generation 'Fencer' single-deck bus
Workshop viewing area
Electric bus demonstration
Merchandise stalls, including Masquette and other Go North East goodies
Family fun activities
Vintage bus rides

Metrocentre bus rally will also be taking place at Metrocentre Coach Park, and you can catch our free shuttle bus from there to the depot.

Find out more about the events

Please note that there is no parking available at Gateshead Riverside depot.

Train8261

22 Jul 2021, 5:47 pm #2
One of Scania New Fencer buses I going to be there
Train8261
22 Jul 2021, 5:47 pm #2

One of Scania New Fencer buses I going to be there

22 Jul 2021, 5:48 pm #3
(22 Jul 2021, 5:47 pm)Train8261 One of Scania New Fencer buses I going to be there

I'm curious as to whether it looks as awful in person as it does in the photos
streetdeckfan
22 Jul 2021, 5:48 pm #3

(22 Jul 2021, 5:47 pm)Train8261 One of Scania New Fencer buses I going to be there

I'm curious as to whether it looks as awful in person as it does in the photos

Train8261

22 Jul 2021, 5:51 pm #4
I'm quite excited. This was meant to happen last year as well. I'm guessing GNE won't display anything at the rally and just have buses from different depot at the Riverside or maybe
Train8261
22 Jul 2021, 5:51 pm #4

I'm quite excited. This was meant to happen last year as well. I'm guessing GNE won't display anything at the rally and just have buses from different depot at the Riverside or maybe

22 Jul 2021, 6:01 pm #5
Why was it so short-notice? I have something planned on Sunday, I can still go but I will have to leave by 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
transportintyneandwear
22 Jul 2021, 6:01 pm #5

Why was it so short-notice? I have something planned on Sunday, I can still go but I will have to leave by 1.

Train8261

22 Jul 2021, 6:09 pm #6
This is probably the reason no timetable has been put up for the event
Train8261
22 Jul 2021, 6:09 pm #6

This is probably the reason no timetable has been put up for the event

MurdnunoC

22 Jul 2021, 8:28 pm #7
Given this has been announced at short notice, and on the day of the Metrocentre rally (which GNE are sponsoring), suggests to me that the Metrocentre rally on its lonesome was going to be an absolute blowout in terms of vehicles attending.
MurdnunoC
22 Jul 2021, 8:28 pm #7

Given this has been announced at short notice, and on the day of the Metrocentre rally (which GNE are sponsoring), suggests to me that the Metrocentre rally on its lonesome was going to be an absolute blowout in terms of vehicles attending.

Michael

22 Jul 2021, 9:27 pm #8
(22 Jul 2021, 6:01 pm)transportintyneandwear Why was it so short-notice? I have something planned on Sunday, I can still go but I will have to leave by 1.

Maybe it was a last minute plan?

I can't go either, I'm going to the lakes for the weekend, but i'm not bothered, I'm not going, its not like we see the buses everyday. Wink

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
22 Jul 2021, 9:27 pm #8

(22 Jul 2021, 6:01 pm)transportintyneandwear Why was it so short-notice? I have something planned on Sunday, I can still go but I will have to leave by 1.

Maybe it was a last minute plan?

I can't go either, I'm going to the lakes for the weekend, but i'm not bothered, I'm not going, its not like we see the buses everyday. Wink

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

22 Jul 2021, 9:43 pm #9
(22 Jul 2021, 9:27 pm)Michael Maybe it was a last minute plan?

I mean, the only interesting thing to me would be seeing the workshop

Bus displays, including Scania displaying the very latest generation 'Fencer' single-deck bus - Besides the Fencer, I can go to Eldon Square and see them all
Electric bus demonstration - I can ride the 53/54
Merchandise stalls, including Masquette and other Go North East goodies - Unless it's free I'm not interested, I ain't paying to advertise a company!
Family fun activities - Unless it's something like throwing a wet sponge at Dan, I can't see it being that 'fun'
Vintage bus rides - I don't like old buses
streetdeckfan
22 Jul 2021, 9:43 pm #9

(22 Jul 2021, 9:27 pm)Michael Maybe it was a last minute plan?

I mean, the only interesting thing to me would be seeing the workshop

Bus displays, including Scania displaying the very latest generation 'Fencer' single-deck bus - Besides the Fencer, I can go to Eldon Square and see them all
Merchandise stalls, including Masquette and other Go North East goodies - Unless it's free I'm not interested, I ain't paying to advertise a company!
Family fun activities - Unless it's something like throwing a wet sponge at Dan, I can't see it being that 'fun'

22 Jul 2021, 11:56 pm #10
(22 Jul 2021, 9:43 pm)streetdeckfan I mean, the only interesting thing to me would be seeing the workshop

Maybe don't go then??
stagecoachbusdepot
22 Jul 2021, 11:56 pm #10

(22 Jul 2021, 9:43 pm)streetdeckfan I mean, the only interesting thing to me would be seeing the workshop

Maybe don't go then??

MurdnunoC

23 Jul 2021, 4:52 am #11
(22 Jul 2021, 9:43 pm)streetdeckfan Merchandise stalls, including Masquette and other Go North East goodies - Unless it's free I'm not interested, I ain't paying to advertise a company!

Whilst I agree in principle with what you're saying here I am going to challenge your point ask a strange question: what sort of clothes do you wear?

If you buy a pair if Nike Air Max, a t-shirt by Fred Perry, or a pair of Levi jeans, all you are essentially doing is paying to advertise a company or brand.

It's a question I genuinely struggle with, especially when I see the more extreme examples of where the logo consumes the item of clothing being worn.
MurdnunoC
23 Jul 2021, 4:52 am #11

(22 Jul 2021, 9:43 pm)streetdeckfan Merchandise stalls, including Masquette and other Go North East goodies - Unless it's free I'm not interested, I ain't paying to advertise a company!

Whilst I agree in principle with what you're saying here I am going to challenge your point ask a strange question: what sort of clothes do you wear?

If you buy a pair if Nike Air Max, a t-shirt by Fred Perry, or a pair of Levi jeans, all you are essentially doing is paying to advertise a company or brand.

It's a question I genuinely struggle with, especially when I see the more extreme examples of where the logo consumes the item of clothing being worn.

23 Jul 2021, 5:21 am #12
(23 Jul 2021, 4:52 am)MurdnunoC Whilst I agree in principle with what you're saying here I am going to challenge your point ask a strange question: what sort of clothes do you wear?

That's a very valid question, I don't own a single piece of clothing with a brand on it. I go out of my way to buy generic clothes, both because I disagree with the idea of advertising a company and because they're usually cheaper (and made in the same sweatshops so are of equal or better quality in most cases)

I put a skin on my laptop to hide the logo

My phone has an unbranded case

I even spent half an hour removing the logos from my backpack

(22 Jul 2021, 11:56 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Maybe don't go then??

You know what, I never thought of that.

Maybe you're right
Edited 23 Jul 2021, 5:22 am by streetdeckfan.
streetdeckfan
23 Jul 2021, 5:21 am #12

(23 Jul 2021, 4:52 am)MurdnunoC Whilst I agree in principle with what you're saying here I am going to challenge your point ask a strange question: what sort of clothes do you wear?

That's a very valid question, I don't own a single piece of clothing with a brand on it. I go out of my way to buy generic clothes, both because I disagree with the idea of advertising a company and because they're usually cheaper (and made in the same sweatshops so are of equal or better quality in most cases)

You know what, I never thought of that.

Maybe you're right

Stanleyone

23 Jul 2021, 7:10 am #13
(23 Jul 2021, 5:21 am)streetdeckfan That's a very valid question, I don't own a single piece of clothing with a brand on it. I go out of my way to buy generic clothes, both because I disagree with the idea of advertising a company and because they're usually cheaper (and made in the same sweatshops so are of equal or better quality in most cases)

Nothing wrong with shopping at primary. Good bargains to be had or so I'm told. Tbh imo I just think you are rather strange.
Stanleyone
23 Jul 2021, 7:10 am #13

(23 Jul 2021, 5:21 am)streetdeckfan That's a very valid question, I don't own a single piece of clothing with a brand on it. I go out of my way to buy generic clothes, both because I disagree with the idea of advertising a company and because they're usually cheaper (and made in the same sweatshops so are of equal or better quality in most cases)

Nothing wrong with shopping at primary. Good bargains to be had or so I'm told. Tbh imo I just think you are rather strange.

Adrian

23 Jul 2021, 9:59 am #14

Exactly.

We get very few depot open days in the North East, so well done for Go North East for putting something on (and actually giving us details, unlike the rally itself)

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
23 Jul 2021, 9:59 am #14

Exactly.

We get very few depot open days in the North East, so well done for Go North East for putting something on (and actually giving us details, unlike the rally itself)

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

23 Jul 2021, 10:32 am #15
(23 Jul 2021, 9:59 am)Adrian Exactly.

Had I been up in the area this weekend I would have popped in, but since GNE don't run the X21 to mine on a Sunday, it'd be a 5 hour round trip and I'd be spending another £2.50 on Arriva tickets on top of the GNE ticket to get there.
streetdeckfan
23 Jul 2021, 10:32 am #15

(23 Jul 2021, 9:59 am)Adrian Exactly.

Had I been up in the area this weekend I would have popped in, but since GNE don't run the X21 to mine on a Sunday, it'd be a 5 hour round trip and I'd be spending another £2.50 on Arriva tickets on top of the GNE ticket to get there.

busmanT

23 Jul 2021, 6:28 pm #16
(22 Jul 2021, 8:28 pm)MurdnunoC Given this has been announced at short notice, and on the day of the Metrocentre rally (which GNE are sponsoring), suggests to me that the Metrocentre rally on its lonesome was going to be an absolute blowout in terms of vehicles attending.
An open day takes quite a few weeks (months) to organise, especially when you are getting manufacturers to bring vehicles up etc. - perhaps the "short notice" is due to COVID restrictions and having to wait for the announcement on the confirmed relaxation of restrictions.
busmanT
23 Jul 2021, 6:28 pm #16

(22 Jul 2021, 8:28 pm)MurdnunoC Given this has been announced at short notice, and on the day of the Metrocentre rally (which GNE are sponsoring), suggests to me that the Metrocentre rally on its lonesome was going to be an absolute blowout in terms of vehicles attending.
An open day takes quite a few weeks (months) to organise, especially when you are getting manufacturers to bring vehicles up etc. - perhaps the "short notice" is due to COVID restrictions and having to wait for the announcement on the confirmed relaxation of restrictions.

Train8261

23 Jul 2021, 6:55 pm #17
See this was already planned last year. But obviously covid struck all rallys got suspended and it couldn't happen. So it's been in the works for a while now.

Obviously the question will Go North East displaying buses at the rally itself and have the open day have buses that won't attend
Train8261
23 Jul 2021, 6:55 pm #17

See this was already planned last year. But obviously covid struck all rallys got suspended and it couldn't happen. So it's been in the works for a while now.

Obviously the question will Go North East displaying buses at the rally itself and have the open day have buses that won't attend

BusLoverMum

24 Jul 2021, 5:40 pm #18

Don't go, then?

I do wonder why you're here. You like one bus.
BusLoverMum
24 Jul 2021, 5:40 pm #18

Don't go, then?

24 Jul 2021, 7:10 pm #19
(24 Jul 2021, 5:40 pm)BusLoverMum Don't go, then?

I know, if only they had a StreetDeck appreciation day I'd be straight there Rolleyes

Maybe I'm just not enough of an 'enthusiast' to be here. I mean, I like buses but I ain't obsessed
streetdeckfan
24 Jul 2021, 7:10 pm #19

(24 Jul 2021, 5:40 pm)BusLoverMum Don't go, then?

I know, if only they had a StreetDeck appreciation day I'd be straight there Rolleyes

Maybe I'm just not enough of an 'enthusiast' to be here. I mean, I like buses but I ain't obsessed

BusLoverMum

24 Jul 2021, 8:39 pm #20
(24 Jul 2021, 7:10 pm)streetdeckfan I know, if only they had a StreetDeck appreciation day I'd be straight there Rolleyes

I'm admittedly a bit of a lightweight as bus enthusiasts go but I was brought up around old vehicles being restored and have always enjoyed bus travel so joined in with my eldest when he started to take an interest.

I don't go onto rail enthusiast forums, though, and tell them how much I'm not interested in their hobby. That would be just plain weird.
BusLoverMum
24 Jul 2021, 8:39 pm #20

(24 Jul 2021, 7:10 pm)streetdeckfan I know, if only they had a StreetDeck appreciation day I'd be straight there Rolleyes

I'm admittedly a bit of a lightweight as bus enthusiasts go but I was brought up around old vehicles being restored and have always enjoyed bus travel so joined in with my eldest when he started to take an interest.

I don't go onto rail enthusiast forums, though, and tell them how much I'm not interested in their hobby. That would be just plain weird.

Pages (3): 1 2 3 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average