Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East September Service Changes

September Service Changes

September Service Changes

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (74) Previous 172 73 74
19 Sep 2021, 11:57 pm #1,461
(18 Sep 2021, 12:22 pm)Dan Not really.

It’s bad enough repurposing the four StreetDecks from the X5/15 after such a short period - but at least there’s logic and rationale (i.e preparing for the Clean Air Zone) behind that.

There would be absolutely no point in swapping StreetDecks for Volvo B5s, when the B5s were put on the X21 to improve reliability (and have done so successfully) - just to then put StreetDecks back on after a year or so.

Moreover, DFDS (when it runs) needs four buses, not two, but at this moment in time it isn’t even running. It would be cheaper to upgrade older buses to Euro 6 status and I’m not sure why 6334 and 6335 would be taken out of a frontline role on X-lines when they’ve just been repainted and refurbished specifically for that purpose.

Not sure what the fascination is in upgrading the 25 back to double-deck but loadings do not warrant double-deck buses to be allocated.

The weekday PVR of the 93/94 is actually 7.

Let’s get this thread back on-topic (September service changes) and if we really want to speculate on the allocation of vehicles, keep that for another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh really? Because I'm fairly sure when asked for the reason in the past (during one of the Facebook Lives I believe) it was said the B5s ended up on the X21 purely for operational reasons, and not to improve reliability!
streetdeckfan
19 Sep 2021, 11:57 pm #1,461

(18 Sep 2021, 12:22 pm)Dan Not really.

It’s bad enough repurposing the four StreetDecks from the X5/15 after such a short period - but at least there’s logic and rationale (i.e preparing for the Clean Air Zone) behind that.

There would be absolutely no point in swapping StreetDecks for Volvo B5s, when the B5s were put on the X21 to improve reliability (and have done so successfully) - just to then put StreetDecks back on after a year or so.

Moreover, DFDS (when it runs) needs four buses, not two, but at this moment in time it isn’t even running. It would be cheaper to upgrade older buses to Euro 6 status and I’m not sure why 6334 and 6335 would be taken out of a frontline role on X-lines when they’ve just been repainted and refurbished specifically for that purpose.

Not sure what the fascination is in upgrading the 25 back to double-deck but loadings do not warrant double-deck buses to be allocated.

The weekday PVR of the 93/94 is actually 7.

Let’s get this thread back on-topic (September service changes) and if we really want to speculate on the allocation of vehicles, keep that for another thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh really? Because I'm fairly sure when asked for the reason in the past (during one of the Facebook Lives I believe) it was said the B5s ended up on the X21 purely for operational reasons, and not to improve reliability!

Ambassador

20 Sep 2021, 11:17 am #1,462
Purely anecdotal but thanks to Gateshead Council's appalling approach to traffic management, I've used a few buses over the weekend and noticed something interesting with the 21.

Whenver the Brandon and Durham 21 pulls in people let it go and automatically go for the 21 - it's almost like they auto programmed to hop on the CLS one as they think Durham and Brandon is an express. I hopped on a D&B 21 from Gateshead this morning which was tailgated the whole way by a CLS 21 and people were either letting ours go past or in the case of the Cannon, walking past it to get onto a the CLS one.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
20 Sep 2021, 11:17 am #1,462

Purely anecdotal but thanks to Gateshead Council's appalling approach to traffic management, I've used a few buses over the weekend and noticed something interesting with the 21.

Whenver the Brandon and Durham 21 pulls in people let it go and automatically go for the 21 - it's almost like they auto programmed to hop on the CLS one as they think Durham and Brandon is an express. I hopped on a D&B 21 from Gateshead this morning which was tailgated the whole way by a CLS 21 and people were either letting ours go past or in the case of the Cannon, walking past it to get onto a the CLS one.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Michael

20 Sep 2021, 3:23 pm #1,463
62 seems to have good loadings atm

663 has -3 seats towards Sunderland

666 has 15 seats towards Peterlee

647 has 8 seats towards Sunderland

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
20 Sep 2021, 3:23 pm #1,463

62 seems to have good loadings atm

663 has -3 seats towards Sunderland

666 has 15 seats towards Peterlee

647 has 8 seats towards Sunderland

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Adrian

20 Sep 2021, 6:39 pm #1,464
Moderation: We're closing this thread as it's ran its course, and has become a bit of a catch-all for any new or unrelated issues.

GNE Emergency Service changes from 25th September can be found here: https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showt...p?tid=3547
Boxing Day Services can be found here: https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showt...p?tid=3546

Thanks Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
20 Sep 2021, 6:39 pm #1,464

Moderation: We're closing this thread as it's ran its course, and has become a bit of a catch-all for any new or unrelated issues.

GNE Emergency Service changes from 25th September can be found here: https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showt...p?tid=3547
Boxing Day Services can be found here: https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showt...p?tid=3546

Thanks Smile

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Pages (74) Previous 172 73 74

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average