Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Nexus Tenders - September 2021

Nexus Tenders - September 2021

Nexus Tenders - September 2021

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
Keeiajs

16 Nov 2021, 5:59 pm #41
(16 Nov 2021, 5:58 pm)pbjd Because there's engineering work.
On Boxing Day?! What a day to pick for engineering work. Where is it between
Keeiajs
16 Nov 2021, 5:59 pm #41

(16 Nov 2021, 5:58 pm)pbjd Because there's engineering work.
On Boxing Day?! What a day to pick for engineering work. Where is it between

pbjd

16 Nov 2021, 6:01 pm #42
(16 Nov 2021, 5:59 pm)Keeiajs On Boxing Day?! What a day to pick for engineering work. Where is it between

One of the best days to do it, as they can do 2 days of work and only effect one days service. Suspended Pelaw to South Hylton, 901 running to Heworth.
pbjd
16 Nov 2021, 6:01 pm #42

(16 Nov 2021, 5:59 pm)Keeiajs On Boxing Day?! What a day to pick for engineering work. Where is it between

One of the best days to do it, as they can do 2 days of work and only effect one days service. Suspended Pelaw to South Hylton, 901 running to Heworth.

Train8261

16 Nov 2021, 6:44 pm #43
(16 Nov 2021, 5:57 pm)Keeiajs Who has PR2, and what are the PR routes. 
Also why on earth is their a metro replacement on BOXING Day.

Which one?
5th December (Sunday) between Pelaw & South Hylton all day
Train8261
16 Nov 2021, 6:44 pm #43

Also why on earth is their a metro replacement on BOXING Day.

Which one?
5th December (Sunday) between Pelaw & South Hylton all day

Andreos1

16 Nov 2021, 10:15 pm #44

Boat load of Newcastle fans to accommodate too. They're playing Man Utd on Boxing Day.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
16 Nov 2021, 10:15 pm #44

Boat load of Newcastle fans to accommodate too. They're playing Man Utd on Boxing Day.

Ambassador

17 Nov 2021, 12:27 am #45
(16 Nov 2021, 10:15 pm)Andreos1 Boat load of Newcastle fans to accommodate too. They're playing Man Utd on Boxing Day.

That match has been moved to the 27th for tv coverage. 

Rail work over Xmas is fairly common. It’s a very quiet time with minimal passenger numbers outside of Xmas eve and New Years. Manchester Victoria is closed over Xmas and in the past Kings Cross has been blockaded. Northern and Grand Central don’t run any services on Boxing Day so no National line disruption and perfect time for network rail to get ahead  of things.

Look forward to GNE not cancelling any services on the 5th since they have resource to support Metro….

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
17 Nov 2021, 12:27 am #45

(16 Nov 2021, 10:15 pm)Andreos1 Boat load of Newcastle fans to accommodate too. They're playing Man Utd on Boxing Day.

That match has been moved to the 27th for tv coverage. 

Rail work over Xmas is fairly common. It’s a very quiet time with minimal passenger numbers outside of Xmas eve and New Years. Manchester Victoria is closed over Xmas and in the past Kings Cross has been blockaded. Northern and Grand Central don’t run any services on Boxing Day so no National line disruption and perfect time for network rail to get ahead  of things.

Look forward to GNE not cancelling any services on the 5th since they have resource to support Metro….

Jimmi

17 Nov 2021, 12:28 am #46

PR1 Belmont (JH Coaches)*
PR2 Howlands (Stanley Travel)*
PR3 Sniperley (JH Coaches)
PR4 New College Durham (JH Coaches)
PR5 Meadowfield, Council Offices (Weardale)

Timetables: http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durhamPT/

* presuming Scarlet Band are providing journeys in the afternoon/early evening when PR1 is running every 25 mins and PR2 every 30 minutes before upping to a 10 minute frequency around 18:30. The usual PR1 is split into two terminating in Durham City Centre after 2pm... or 4pm?! depends what page you read!

There's also a Park & Ride from New College to an installation at Finchale Priory which sounds like it will just be a van/taxibus type thing given they're suggesting you pre book including 3 days in advance for disabled access.
Jimmi
17 Nov 2021, 12:28 am #46

PR1 Belmont (JH Coaches)*
PR2 Howlands (Stanley Travel)*
PR3 Sniperley (JH Coaches)
PR4 New College Durham (JH Coaches)
PR5 Meadowfield, Council Offices (Weardale)

Timetables: http://www.cartogold.co.uk/durhamPT/

* presuming Scarlet Band are providing journeys in the afternoon/early evening when PR1 is running every 25 mins and PR2 every 30 minutes before upping to a 10 minute frequency around 18:30. The usual PR1 is split into two terminating in Durham City Centre after 2pm... or 4pm?! depends what page you read!

There's also a Park & Ride from New College to an installation at Finchale Priory which sounds like it will just be a van/taxibus type thing given they're suggesting you pre book including 3 days in advance for disabled access.

Andreos1

17 Nov 2021, 9:59 am #47
(17 Nov 2021, 12:27 am)Ambassador That match has been moved to the 27th for tv coverage.  

So it has! That one completely passed me by.

Andreos1
17 Nov 2021, 9:59 am #47

(17 Nov 2021, 12:27 am)Ambassador That match has been moved to the 27th for tv coverage.  

So it has! That one completely passed me by.

Keeiajs

17 Nov 2021, 5:36 pm #48

Yes the match has been moved, but still Boxing Day is the second busiest shopping day of the year, a loads use the metro. 
It makes no sense.
Keeiajs
17 Nov 2021, 5:36 pm #48

Yes the match has been moved, but still Boxing Day is the second busiest shopping day of the year, a loads use the metro. 
It makes no sense.

Ambassador

17 Nov 2021, 11:21 pm #49
(17 Nov 2021, 5:36 pm)Keeiajs Yes the match has been moved, but still Boxing Day is the second busiest shopping day of the year, a loads use the metro. 
It makes no sense.

No it’s not. It’s Network Rail work. The work is carried out at Christmas because nobody travels. 

the Metro isn’t busy on Boxing Day unless there’s a match on. Shopping habits are no longer high street or retail park focused

Ambassador
17 Nov 2021, 11:21 pm #49

(17 Nov 2021, 5:36 pm)Keeiajs Yes the match has been moved, but still Boxing Day is the second busiest shopping day of the year, a loads use the metro. 
It makes no sense.

No it’s not. It’s Network Rail work. The work is carried out at Christmas because nobody travels. 

the Metro isn’t busy on Boxing Day unless there’s a match on. Shopping habits are no longer high street or retail park focused

17 Nov 2021, 11:41 pm #50
It makes no sense.

Then they can use the 56 or the replacement bus service. Network Rail always carry out maintenance over Christmas, as no national rail trains are running around here - Metro have always been the exception between Pelaw and South Hylton - it was only a matter of time until they moved onto this part of the region.
omnicity4659
17 Nov 2021, 11:41 pm #50

It makes no sense.

Then they can use the 56 or the replacement bus service. Network Rail always carry out maintenance over Christmas, as no national rail trains are running around here - Metro have always been the exception between Pelaw and South Hylton - it was only a matter of time until they moved onto this part of the region.

Keeiajs

30 Nov 2021, 9:41 pm #51
(13 Nov 2021, 9:36 pm)Dan They won’t be keeping buses spare for 10 months ready for this - the winning operator will require a dedicated fleet of buses (at least 25 for a PVR of 22)  to be acquired purely for this contract.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Any operator put in for this contract yet?
Keeiajs
30 Nov 2021, 9:41 pm #51

(13 Nov 2021, 9:36 pm)Dan They won’t be keeping buses spare for 10 months ready for this - the winning operator will require a dedicated fleet of buses (at least 25 for a PVR of 22)  to be acquired purely for this contract.

Any operator put in for this contract yet?

Dan

Site Administrator

30 Nov 2021, 9:43 pm #52
(30 Nov 2021, 9:41 pm)Keeiajs Any operator put in for this contract yet?

Who knows…

Deadline day is Friday and operators will find out in January who has won.

Dan
30 Nov 2021, 9:43 pm #52

(30 Nov 2021, 9:41 pm)Keeiajs Any operator put in for this contract yet?

Who knows…

Keeiajs

30 Nov 2021, 9:49 pm #53
(30 Nov 2021, 9:43 pm)Dan Who knows…

Thanks for the info. 
May I ask what happens if no one has put in it.
Keeiajs
30 Nov 2021, 9:49 pm #53

(30 Nov 2021, 9:43 pm)Dan Who knows…

Thanks for the info. 
May I ask what happens if no one has put in it.

30 Nov 2021, 11:15 pm #54
It be put out to tender again. But I highly doubt that no one hasn't put in to run the contract. It doesn't say one operator must run the service on their own as basically it's a contract to organise it too, so say GNE won it, they probably provide say 20 buses, and hire in other operators to take up any runs that are spare or even lend drivers from other operators or other parts of the Go-Ahead Group.

If it's say Stagecoach for example, they could draft buses and drivers from around the UK especially for locations that usually have a peak summer timetable and since the summer is over, they won't need as many drivers so can offer them an incentive to work elsewhere. Similar situations occured during the Olympics and the Commonwealth games.

It doesn't even have to be a local operator, for example, Lothian Buses for example could think, oh I have some of that contract, divert their latest deliveries to a temporary depot and run the service from there. Once the service is finish the buses go off to Edinburgh.

It happened in Manchester during the GNW strike, I managed to travel on a coach from Edwards (Who has depots in Wales and Bristol) where their drivers were lodging locally. Travellers Choice and Midland Classic were another 2 operators helping out too.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
30 Nov 2021, 11:15 pm #54

It be put out to tender again. But I highly doubt that no one hasn't put in to run the contract. It doesn't say one operator must run the service on their own as basically it's a contract to organise it too, so say GNE won it, they probably provide say 20 buses, and hire in other operators to take up any runs that are spare or even lend drivers from other operators or other parts of the Go-Ahead Group.

If it's say Stagecoach for example, they could draft buses and drivers from around the UK especially for locations that usually have a peak summer timetable and since the summer is over, they won't need as many drivers so can offer them an incentive to work elsewhere. Similar situations occured during the Olympics and the Commonwealth games.

It doesn't even have to be a local operator, for example, Lothian Buses for example could think, oh I have some of that contract, divert their latest deliveries to a temporary depot and run the service from there. Once the service is finish the buses go off to Edinburgh.

It happened in Manchester during the GNW strike, I managed to travel on a coach from Edwards (Who has depots in Wales and Bristol) where their drivers were lodging locally. Travellers Choice and Midland Classic were another 2 operators helping out too.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Keeiajs

01 Dec 2021, 1:22 am #55
(30 Nov 2021, 11:15 pm)Rapidsnap It be put out to tender again. But I highly doubt that no one hasn't put in to run the contract. It doesn't say one operator must run the service on their own as basically it's a contract to organise it too, so say GNE won it, they probably provide say 20 buses, and hire in other operators to take up any runs that are spare or even lend drivers from other operators or other parts of the Go-Ahead Group.

I could see GNE having 10-15.  Stanley Travel, A-Line, L&G, JH, taking the rest.
Keeiajs
01 Dec 2021, 1:22 am #55

(30 Nov 2021, 11:15 pm)Rapidsnap It be put out to tender again. But I highly doubt that no one hasn't put in to run the contract. It doesn't say one operator must run the service on their own as basically it's a contract to organise it too, so say GNE won it, they probably provide say 20 buses, and hire in other operators to take up any runs that are spare or even lend drivers from other operators or other parts of the Go-Ahead Group.

I could see GNE having 10-15.  Stanley Travel, A-Line, L&G, JH, taking the rest.

Train8261

01 Dec 2021, 11:32 am #56
Go North East Riverside Depot has a Cityrider & Cobalt & Coast parked up. More than likely these are foe the Metro Replacement contract this Sunday
Train8261
01 Dec 2021, 11:32 am #56

Go North East Riverside Depot has a Cityrider & Cobalt & Coast parked up. More than likely these are foe the Metro Replacement contract this Sunday

Dan

Site Administrator

01 Dec 2021, 11:37 am #57
(01 Dec 2021, 11:32 am)Train8261 Go North East Riverside Depot has a Cityrider & Cobalt & Coast parked up. More than likely these are foe the Metro Replacement contract this Sunday

Nope!

Dan
01 Dec 2021, 11:37 am #57

(01 Dec 2021, 11:32 am)Train8261 Go North East Riverside Depot has a Cityrider & Cobalt & Coast parked up. More than likely these are foe the Metro Replacement contract this Sunday

Nope!

Train8261

01 Dec 2021, 12:01 pm #58
(01 Dec 2021, 11:37 am)Dan Nope!

What are Go North East running on it then
Train8261
01 Dec 2021, 12:01 pm #58

(01 Dec 2021, 11:37 am)Dan Nope!

What are Go North East running on it then

01 Dec 2021, 5:16 pm #59
The more likely reason they are at Riverside is to go there for an MOT or some publicity work.

Rapidsnap
01 Dec 2021, 5:16 pm #59

The more likely reason they are at Riverside is to go there for an MOT or some publicity work.

Keeiajs

01 Dec 2021, 6:54 pm #60
(01 Dec 2021, 5:16 pm)Rapidsnap The more likely reason they are at Riverside is to go there for an MOT or some publicity work.
MOT's happen at Deptford don't they.
Keeiajs
01 Dec 2021, 6:54 pm #60

(01 Dec 2021, 5:16 pm)Rapidsnap The more likely reason they are at Riverside is to go there for an MOT or some publicity work.
MOT's happen at Deptford don't they.

Pages (4) Previous 1 2 3 4 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average