Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Disruptions and driver shortages

Disruptions and driver shortages

Disruptions and driver shortages

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (103) Previous 120 21 22103 Next
Adrian

15 May 2022, 6:28 pm #401
(15 May 2022, 6:23 pm)Unber43 No, but not everyone goes to Wembley, im pretty sure they are putting a screen to watch it, not 100% sure though.

There's a big difference to those who will go to the town to watch it, compared to close to 50,000 going to the stadium. Most tend to stay local.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
15 May 2022, 6:28 pm #401

(15 May 2022, 6:23 pm)Unber43 No, but not everyone goes to Wembley, im pretty sure they are putting a screen to watch it, not 100% sure though.

There's a big difference to those who will go to the town to watch it, compared to close to 50,000 going to the stadium. Most tend to stay local.

cbma06

15 May 2022, 6:29 pm #402
GNE needs to start reducing the frequency of services to make sure there got enough staff to cover the duties that there got, as cancelling services and running sunday services on a Saturday etc… are confusing the passengers especially when there waiting at bus stops without access to internet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
15 May 2022, 6:29 pm #402

GNE needs to start reducing the frequency of services to make sure there got enough staff to cover the duties that there got, as cancelling services and running sunday services on a Saturday etc… are confusing the passengers especially when there waiting at bus stops without access to internet

Unber43

15 May 2022, 6:48 pm #403
I wonder when its going to be confirmed on Social Media
Unber43
15 May 2022, 6:48 pm #403

I wonder when its going to be confirmed on Social Media

MurdnunoC

15 May 2022, 6:54 pm #404
(15 May 2022, 6:28 pm)Adrian There's a big difference to those who will go to the town to watch it, compared to close to 50,000 going to the stadium. Most tend to stay local.

Imagine all those people going down to London on a mission to get nothing in return, it'll be like the Jarrow Crusade all over again.
MurdnunoC
15 May 2022, 6:54 pm #404

(15 May 2022, 6:28 pm)Adrian There's a big difference to those who will go to the town to watch it, compared to close to 50,000 going to the stadium. Most tend to stay local.

Imagine all those people going down to London on a mission to get nothing in return, it'll be like the Jarrow Crusade all over again.

F114TML

15 May 2022, 6:58 pm #405
(15 May 2022, 6:54 pm)MurdnunoC Imagine all those people going down to London on a mission to get nothing in return, it'll be like the Jarrow Crusade all over again.
In that case, maybe in 70-75 years' time, a bus company will name one of their services after it Wink
F114TML
15 May 2022, 6:58 pm #405

(15 May 2022, 6:54 pm)MurdnunoC Imagine all those people going down to London on a mission to get nothing in return, it'll be like the Jarrow Crusade all over again.
In that case, maybe in 70-75 years' time, a bus company will name one of their services after it Wink

busmanT

17 May 2022, 8:57 am #406
(15 May 2022, 6:29 pm)cbma06 GNE needs to start reducing the frequency of services to make sure there got enough staff to cover the duties that there got, as cancelling services and running sunday services on a Saturday etc… are confusing the passengers especially when there waiting at bus stops without access to internet

They’ve already done that, just look at the 20 & 21 two of the busiest services, plus the changes last September that reduced frequencies.
busmanT
17 May 2022, 8:57 am #406

(15 May 2022, 6:29 pm)cbma06 GNE needs to start reducing the frequency of services to make sure there got enough staff to cover the duties that there got, as cancelling services and running sunday services on a Saturday etc… are confusing the passengers especially when there waiting at bus stops without access to internet

They’ve already done that, just look at the 20 & 21 two of the busiest services, plus the changes last September that reduced frequencies.

Rob44

17 May 2022, 2:52 pm #407
Just got text of my mate. Several 43 couple of 45a and a 44 all canceled today. Sign up at haymarket. To make it worse the 44 that's canceled is the one all the gosforthbhigh school lot get on so in his words " the next on will be fun". Bet is a mini bus lol
Rob44
17 May 2022, 2:52 pm #407

Just got text of my mate. Several 43 couple of 45a and a 44 all canceled today. Sign up at haymarket. To make it worse the 44 that's canceled is the one all the gosforthbhigh school lot get on so in his words " the next on will be fun". Bet is a mini bus lol

mb134

18 May 2022, 9:43 pm #408
Things like this probably won't help with attracting new drivers either:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...s-23996880
mb134
18 May 2022, 9:43 pm #408

Things like this probably won't help with attracting new drivers either:

BusLoverMum

18 May 2022, 9:47 pm #409
(18 May 2022, 9:43 pm)mb134 Things like this probably won't help with attracting new drivers either:

Hell, no. The nightmare of everyone in a public facing role.
BusLoverMum
18 May 2022, 9:47 pm #409

(18 May 2022, 9:43 pm)mb134 Things like this probably won't help with attracting new drivers either:

Hell, no. The nightmare of everyone in a public facing role.

Jimmi

18 May 2022, 9:56 pm #410

Blackpool Transport posted earlier that they had a bus targeted over the weekend where youths threw eggs and attempted to gain access into the cab: https://www.facebook.com/669489906494102...sn=scwspmo

I've found myself increasing less willing to travel home from Darlington by bus at night due to some of the people who seem to get on them or hang around the bus stops, mostly youths but old drunks can be a problem too.
Jimmi
18 May 2022, 9:56 pm #410

Blackpool Transport posted earlier that they had a bus targeted over the weekend where youths threw eggs and attempted to gain access into the cab: https://www.facebook.com/669489906494102...sn=scwspmo

I've found myself increasing less willing to travel home from Darlington by bus at night due to some of the people who seem to get on them or hang around the bus stops, mostly youths but old drunks can be a problem too.

BusLoverMum

18 May 2022, 10:05 pm #411
The 7 is bad enough during the day, as we have discussed before. I visited Darlo a couple of weeks ago and the police had to come and escirt a nice young lady who tried to use her mum's bus pass and kicked off big time when it was confiscated, before we could head home. I haven't used the upper deck on one since being alone up there with someone out of his tree in a rather loud, disruptive way.
BusLoverMum
18 May 2022, 10:05 pm #411

The 7 is bad enough during the day, as we have discussed before. I visited Darlo a couple of weeks ago and the police had to come and escirt a nice young lady who tried to use her mum's bus pass and kicked off big time when it was confiscated, before we could head home. I haven't used the upper deck on one since being alone up there with someone out of his tree in a rather loud, disruptive way.

Storx

19 May 2022, 5:54 pm #412
(18 May 2022, 10:05 pm)BusLoverMum The 7 is bad enough during the day, as we have discussed before. I visited Darlo a couple of weeks ago and the police had to come and escirt a nice young lady who tried to use her mum's bus pass and kicked off big time when it was confiscated, before we could head home. I haven't used the upper deck on one since being alone up there with someone out of his tree in a rather loud, disruptive way.

Public transport in the North East in general is a mess, seen there's been another attack on the North Tyneside loop on the Metro again last night.

They badly need to sort it out but I'm not sure what they can actually do, the Metro in particular is shockingly bad lately and it's not the usual spots either (Meadowwell, Tyne Dock etc).

Northumberland Park car park has been partially shut for over a year now since the local yobs decided to smash the glass on the stairwells, then they want people to P&R and that's the car park where you're meant to leave your car (for a cost aswell), no thanks.
Storx
19 May 2022, 5:54 pm #412

(18 May 2022, 10:05 pm)BusLoverMum The 7 is bad enough during the day, as we have discussed before. I visited Darlo a couple of weeks ago and the police had to come and escirt a nice young lady who tried to use her mum's bus pass and kicked off big time when it was confiscated, before we could head home. I haven't used the upper deck on one since being alone up there with someone out of his tree in a rather loud, disruptive way.

Public transport in the North East in general is a mess, seen there's been another attack on the North Tyneside loop on the Metro again last night.

They badly need to sort it out but I'm not sure what they can actually do, the Metro in particular is shockingly bad lately and it's not the usual spots either (Meadowwell, Tyne Dock etc).

Northumberland Park car park has been partially shut for over a year now since the local yobs decided to smash the glass on the stairwells, then they want people to P&R and that's the car park where you're meant to leave your car (for a cost aswell), no thanks.

Jimmi

19 May 2022, 8:21 pm #413
(19 May 2022, 5:54 pm)Storx Public transport in the North East in general is a mess, seen there's been another attack on the North Tyneside loop on the Metro again last night.

Just making posters about travelling safely seems to be all that's needed to combat the problems... yes, seeing a poster on 1406 about keeping safe really put my mind at ease after feeling anxious whilst waiting for said bus?!
Jimmi
19 May 2022, 8:21 pm #413

(19 May 2022, 5:54 pm)Storx Public transport in the North East in general is a mess, seen there's been another attack on the North Tyneside loop on the Metro again last night.

Just making posters about travelling safely seems to be all that's needed to combat the problems... yes, seeing a poster on 1406 about keeping safe really put my mind at ease after feeling anxious whilst waiting for said bus?!

F114TML

19 May 2022, 8:26 pm #414

Yeah, I used the car park at a Metro station when I went out a few weeks ago. I won't be making that mistake again with the new car.
F114TML
19 May 2022, 8:26 pm #414

Yeah, I used the car park at a Metro station when I went out a few weeks ago. I won't be making that mistake again with the new car.

Storx

19 May 2022, 9:16 pm #415
(19 May 2022, 8:21 pm)Jimmi Just making posters about travelling safely seems to be all that's needed to combat the problems... yes, seeing a poster on 1406 about keeping safe really put my mind at ease after feeling anxious whilst waiting for said bus?!

Yeah agreed that the posters are just pointless. It's a weird one though as I really don't know what could actually be done on buses especially since the police are cut to the bone. Metro is slightly easier since it's a limited area but even they're struggling. Even known it'd cost a lot of money, the Metro badly needs to consider conductors lately, or at least staff at most stations especially on the Coast.

Mind that said having staff on the interchanges at night would be helpful, Haymarket in particular is a grim place especially when all the druggies hang about outside the Junction and down the back of M&S.

(19 May 2022, 8:26 pm)F114TML Yeah, I used the car park at a Metro station when I went out a few weeks ago. I won't be making that mistake again with the new car.

Aye some of them aren't great, might aswell just park in a street it's more likely more secure (and free). Four Lane Ends generally seems alright though mind. Regent Centre is grim and Northumberland Park plus Shiremoor are serious crime hotspots recently and nothing is being done about it either.

Hate Northumberland Park Metro station as it's one way in one way out and you can't tell what's going on at the top of the stairs until it's potentially too late and there's nothing around neither.
Storx
19 May 2022, 9:16 pm #415

(19 May 2022, 8:21 pm)Jimmi Just making posters about travelling safely seems to be all that's needed to combat the problems... yes, seeing a poster on 1406 about keeping safe really put my mind at ease after feeling anxious whilst waiting for said bus?!

Yeah agreed that the posters are just pointless. It's a weird one though as I really don't know what could actually be done on buses especially since the police are cut to the bone. Metro is slightly easier since it's a limited area but even they're struggling. Even known it'd cost a lot of money, the Metro badly needs to consider conductors lately, or at least staff at most stations especially on the Coast.

Mind that said having staff on the interchanges at night would be helpful, Haymarket in particular is a grim place especially when all the druggies hang about outside the Junction and down the back of M&S.

(19 May 2022, 8:26 pm)F114TML Yeah, I used the car park at a Metro station when I went out a few weeks ago. I won't be making that mistake again with the new car.

Aye some of them aren't great, might aswell just park in a street it's more likely more secure (and free). Four Lane Ends generally seems alright though mind. Regent Centre is grim and Northumberland Park plus Shiremoor are serious crime hotspots recently and nothing is being done about it either.

Hate Northumberland Park Metro station as it's one way in one way out and you can't tell what's going on at the top of the stairs until it's potentially too late and there's nothing around neither.

idiot

09 Jun 2022, 5:42 pm #416
Last 55 cancelled again... Undecided
idiot
09 Jun 2022, 5:42 pm #416

Last 55 cancelled again... Undecided

Adrian

10 Jun 2022, 7:33 am #417
The last three 8s from Stanley were down to be cancelled, but it looks like it ended up being the last four, from what I can see on bustimes. So the last bus ended up leaving at 19.22 instead of 23.22!

Adrian
10 Jun 2022, 7:33 am #417

The last three 8s from Stanley were down to be cancelled, but it looks like it ended up being the last four, from what I can see on bustimes. So the last bus ended up leaving at 19.22 instead of 23.22!

busmanT

10 Jun 2022, 8:05 am #418
(10 Jun 2022, 7:33 am)Adrian The last three 8s from Stanley were down to be cancelled, but it looks like it ended up being the last four, from what I can see on bustimes. So the last bus ended up leaving at 19.22 instead of 23.22!
I don’t understand why the short notice cancellations list isn’t updated as the day goes on
busmanT
10 Jun 2022, 8:05 am #418

(10 Jun 2022, 7:33 am)Adrian The last three 8s from Stanley were down to be cancelled, but it looks like it ended up being the last four, from what I can see on bustimes. So the last bus ended up leaving at 19.22 instead of 23.22!
I don’t understand why the short notice cancellations list isn’t updated as the day goes on

Unber43

10 Jun 2022, 8:07 am #419
(10 Jun 2022, 8:05 am)busmanT I don’t understand why the short notice cancellations list isn’t updated as the day goes on
They are updated at 09:00 & 15:00 I think.
Unber43
10 Jun 2022, 8:07 am #419

(10 Jun 2022, 8:05 am)busmanT I don’t understand why the short notice cancellations list isn’t updated as the day goes on
They are updated at 09:00 & 15:00 I think.

Ambassador

10 Jun 2022, 9:17 am #420
GNE: The 25 is commercially unviable - nobody is using it!

Also GNE: So if we cancel the 21.25 and 23.10 that means if you're out and about you either catch the 22.20 home (and even the oldies aren't finising their pints by then) or erm...

Passengers: never runs that 25, so unreliable - should we just book a taxi Dave?

GNE : Why is nobody using our buses?! Tell you what...lets cancel the last 28A home too and then ask the council for some money to run it!

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
10 Jun 2022, 9:17 am #420

GNE: The 25 is commercially unviable - nobody is using it!

Also GNE: So if we cancel the 21.25 and 23.10 that means if you're out and about you either catch the 22.20 home (and even the oldies aren't finising their pints by then) or erm...

Passengers: never runs that 25, so unreliable - should we just book a taxi Dave?

GNE : Why is nobody using our buses?! Tell you what...lets cancel the last 28A home too and then ask the council for some money to run it!

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Pages (103) Previous 120 21 22103 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average