Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Disruptions and driver shortages

Disruptions and driver shortages

Disruptions and driver shortages

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (103): Previous 113 14 15103 Next
Adrian

17 Jan 2022, 1:54 pm #261
Thought I'd share this thread: https://twitter.com/arrivanortheast/stat...8256101380

Despite the original post being "Darlington & Durham - Short Notice Cancellations. Due to staff shortages some journeys are not expected to operate today. For services effected please check the app for real time cancellations.", it appears that there's no actual publication of the list. Instead, the onus is completely on the customer to work out if their journey is cancelled or not.

Having spent a good 20 minutes looking at various journeys in the app, it doesn't appear to be as simple as they make out.

I wonder what the difficulty is in publishing a list (on your website) and maintaining it throughout the day? It's still not ideal, but it's far better than having to work it out for yourself.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
17 Jan 2022, 1:54 pm #261

Thought I'd share this thread: https://twitter.com/arrivanortheast/stat...8256101380

Despite the original post being "Darlington & Durham - Short Notice Cancellations. Due to staff shortages some journeys are not expected to operate today. For services effected please check the app for real time cancellations.", it appears that there's no actual publication of the list. Instead, the onus is completely on the customer to work out if their journey is cancelled or not.

Having spent a good 20 minutes looking at various journeys in the app, it doesn't appear to be as simple as they make out.

I wonder what the difficulty is in publishing a list (on your website) and maintaining it throughout the day? It's still not ideal, but it's far better than having to work it out for yourself.

17 Jan 2022, 3:14 pm #262
(17 Jan 2022, 1:54 pm)Adrian Thought I'd share this thread: https://twitter.com/arrivanortheast/stat...8256101380

I do wonder why we can't have both. GNE publishes a list of cancelled service, but they just disappear off the app. Arriva don't publish a list, but the app tells you if buses are delayed or cancelled.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
17 Jan 2022, 3:14 pm #262

(17 Jan 2022, 1:54 pm)Adrian Thought I'd share this thread: https://twitter.com/arrivanortheast/stat...8256101380

I do wonder why we can't have both. GNE publishes a list of cancelled service, but they just disappear off the app. Arriva don't publish a list, but the app tells you if buses are delayed or cancelled.

Adrian

17 Jan 2022, 3:50 pm #263
(17 Jan 2022, 3:14 pm)streetdeckfan I do wonder why we can't have both. GNE publishes a list of cancelled service, but they just disappear off the app. Arriva don't publish a list, but the app tells you if buses are delayed or cancelled.

Allegedly. I've just checked services again on the corridors I looked at earlier, and I can see a cancellation on each now. Leaving under 2 hours notice. 

It seems to be two completely different strategies from two operators; one gives you a list in advance as a worst-case scenario, which is regularly updated throughout the day with journeys being reinstated. Others are reinstated with no notice. The other gives you a vague warning that some journeys will be disrupted, but publishes the cancellation with minimal notice. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with either strategy to be honest, but it'd be nice to have some consistency in approach and not be forced down unhelpful operator specific routes. For example, the two journeys I've referenced as cancelled in the Arriva app are still showing as options on Google Maps - why isn't that filtered through with open data?

Adrian
17 Jan 2022, 3:50 pm #263

(17 Jan 2022, 3:14 pm)streetdeckfan I do wonder why we can't have both. GNE publishes a list of cancelled service, but they just disappear off the app. Arriva don't publish a list, but the app tells you if buses are delayed or cancelled.

Allegedly. I've just checked services again on the corridors I looked at earlier, and I can see a cancellation on each now. Leaving under 2 hours notice. 

It seems to be two completely different strategies from two operators; one gives you a list in advance as a worst-case scenario, which is regularly updated throughout the day with journeys being reinstated. Others are reinstated with no notice. The other gives you a vague warning that some journeys will be disrupted, but publishes the cancellation with minimal notice. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with either strategy to be honest, but it'd be nice to have some consistency in approach and not be forced down unhelpful operator specific routes. For example, the two journeys I've referenced as cancelled in the Arriva app are still showing as options on Google Maps - why isn't that filtered through with open data?

17 Jan 2022, 4:27 pm #264
(17 Jan 2022, 3:50 pm)Adrian Allegedly. I've just checked services again on the corridors I looked at earlier, and I can see a cancellation on each now. Leaving under 2 hours notice. 

Google shows the live tracking information (or it used to), so I don't see why it wouldn't show cancellations

streetdeckfan
17 Jan 2022, 4:27 pm #264

(17 Jan 2022, 3:50 pm)Adrian Allegedly. I've just checked services again on the corridors I looked at earlier, and I can see a cancellation on each now. Leaving under 2 hours notice. 

Google shows the live tracking information (or it used to), so I don't see why it wouldn't show cancellations

idiot

03 Feb 2022, 2:52 pm #265
56s not doing that well with delays this afternoon.
.jpg
Screenshot_20220203-144823_Maps.jpg
Size: 346.41 KB / Downloads: 41

All tracking buses running late. I just want to get home Sad Lol
idiot
03 Feb 2022, 2:52 pm #265

56s not doing that well with delays this afternoon.

.jpg
Screenshot_20220203-144823_Maps.jpg
Size: 346.41 KB / Downloads: 41

Thomas12

03 Feb 2022, 3:39 pm #266
(03 Feb 2022, 2:52 pm)idiot 56s not doing that well with delays this afternoon.

They all seem to be very minimal delays to be fair.
Thomas12
03 Feb 2022, 3:39 pm #266

(03 Feb 2022, 2:52 pm)idiot 56s not doing that well with delays this afternoon.

They all seem to be very minimal delays to be fair.

idiot

03 Feb 2022, 6:39 pm #267
I was just having a winge. I was tired and didn't feel well Sad
idiot
03 Feb 2022, 6:39 pm #267

I was just having a winge. I was tired and didn't feel well Sad

05 Feb 2022, 8:57 am #268
5th Feb Stagecoach South Shields advising cancelled services on routes 3/4/17, but not 7/8..
54APhotography
05 Feb 2022, 8:57 am #268

5th Feb Stagecoach South Shields advising cancelled services on routes 3/4/17, but not 7/8..

Andreos1

16 Feb 2022, 8:45 pm #269
https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/14...CQ7b5XJZYQ&s=19

It's not just me is it?
Quote: It was great to welcome @NEEChamberJohn to @gonortheast this morning to discuss our continuing partnership with @NEEChamber, playing our role in connecting the region with low carbon, accessible and affordable public transport - an important part of our regional economy! ??‍?‍?‍??? https://t.co/PZV1qUGENM

Whilst standing in front of a bus, branded for a route that is currently suspended and is unable to connect the region to the metrocentre or other places on that it passes.
An important part of our regional economy indeed!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
16 Feb 2022, 8:45 pm #269

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/14...CQ7b5XJZYQ&s=19

It's not just me is it?

Quote: It was great to welcome @NEEChamberJohn to @gonortheast this morning to discuss our continuing partnership with @NEEChamber, playing our role in connecting the region with low carbon, accessible and affordable public transport - an important part of our regional economy! ??‍?‍?‍??? https://t.co/PZV1qUGENM

Whilst standing in front of a bus, branded for a route that is currently suspended and is unable to connect the region to the metrocentre or other places on that it passes.

citaro5284

16 Feb 2022, 8:54 pm #270
(16 Feb 2022, 8:45 pm)Andreos1 https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/14...CQ7b5XJZYQ&s=19

It's not just me is it?

I didnt think the 10 group of services were suspended - are you thinking of the X22 maybe?
citaro5284
16 Feb 2022, 8:54 pm #270

(16 Feb 2022, 8:45 pm)Andreos1 https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/14...CQ7b5XJZYQ&s=19

It's not just me is it?

I didnt think the 10 group of services were suspended - are you thinking of the X22 maybe?

Andreos1

16 Feb 2022, 9:00 pm #271
(16 Feb 2022, 8:54 pm)citaro5284 I didnt think the 10 group of services were suspended - are you thinking of the X22 maybe?
So I was! 
Genuinely thought it was one of the X22 vehicles!

I withdraw my cynicism.

Edit: appreciate its the wrong vehicle type, but they have a very similar colour scheme.
https://twitter.com/ATyldsley/status/143...PB1iWDh70A&s=19

Andreos1
16 Feb 2022, 9:00 pm #271

(16 Feb 2022, 8:54 pm)citaro5284 I didnt think the 10 group of services were suspended - are you thinking of the X22 maybe?
So I was! 

I withdraw my cynicism.

Edit: appreciate its the wrong vehicle type, but they have a very similar colour scheme.

16 Feb 2022, 9:29 pm #272
(16 Feb 2022, 9:00 pm)Andreos1 So I was! 

I withdraw my cynicism.

I had exactly the same thought, especially with the way Twitter cropped it.
It was only by chance that I accidentally tapped it while trying to scroll down that the whole image opened and I realised it was a 62 plate!
streetdeckfan
16 Feb 2022, 9:29 pm #272

(16 Feb 2022, 9:00 pm)Andreos1 So I was! 

I withdraw my cynicism.

I had exactly the same thought, especially with the way Twitter cropped it.
It was only by chance that I accidentally tapped it while trying to scroll down that the whole image opened and I realised it was a 62 plate!

Andreos1

16 Feb 2022, 9:30 pm #273
(16 Feb 2022, 9:29 pm)streetdeckfan I had exactly the same thought, especially with the way Twitter cropped it.
Phewf. Glad it's not just me then! Imagine people standing at the metrocentre and they get on the wrong green bus!

Andreos1
16 Feb 2022, 9:30 pm #273

(16 Feb 2022, 9:29 pm)streetdeckfan I had exactly the same thought, especially with the way Twitter cropped it.
Phewf. Glad it's not just me then! Imagine people standing at the metrocentre and they get on the wrong green bus!

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Feb 2022, 9:32 pm #274
(16 Feb 2022, 9:30 pm)Andreos1 Phewf. Glad it's not just me then! Imagine people standing at the metrocentre and they get on the wrong green bus!

Imagine being stood in London and getting on the wrong red bus - disaster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
16 Feb 2022, 9:32 pm #274

(16 Feb 2022, 9:30 pm)Andreos1 Phewf. Glad it's not just me then! Imagine people standing at the metrocentre and they get on the wrong green bus!

Imagine being stood in London and getting on the wrong red bus - disaster.

MurdnunoC

16 Feb 2022, 9:35 pm #275
(16 Feb 2022, 9:32 pm)Dan Imagine being stood in London and getting on the wrong red bus - disaster.

Imagine being stood in Stanley and getting on the wrong red London bus - dreadful
MurdnunoC
16 Feb 2022, 9:35 pm #275

(16 Feb 2022, 9:32 pm)Dan Imagine being stood in London and getting on the wrong red bus - disaster.

Imagine being stood in Stanley and getting on the wrong red London bus - dreadful

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Feb 2022, 9:38 pm #276
(16 Feb 2022, 9:35 pm)MurdnunoC Imagine being stood in Stanley and getting on the wrong red London bus - dreadful

Adrian has already told folk tonight to keep their service suggestions to the relevant thread - if you’d like to suggest a Stanley to London service, please keep it in the Transport for Derwentside thread.

Dan
16 Feb 2022, 9:38 pm #276

(16 Feb 2022, 9:35 pm)MurdnunoC Imagine being stood in Stanley and getting on the wrong red London bus - dreadful

Adrian has already told folk tonight to keep their service suggestions to the relevant thread - if you’d like to suggest a Stanley to London service, please keep it in the Transport for Derwentside thread.

MurdnunoC

16 Feb 2022, 9:40 pm #277
(16 Feb 2022, 9:38 pm)Dan Adrian has already told folk tonight to keep their service suggestions to the relevant thread - if you’d like to suggest a Stanley to London service, please keep it in that thread.

A TfL (or should that be TfD?) usually passes me on my way to work each morning. Maybe they've replaced the much-missed Lothian of Derwentside in the area.
MurdnunoC
16 Feb 2022, 9:40 pm #277

(16 Feb 2022, 9:38 pm)Dan Adrian has already told folk tonight to keep their service suggestions to the relevant thread - if you’d like to suggest a Stanley to London service, please keep it in that thread.

A TfL (or should that be TfD?) usually passes me on my way to work each morning. Maybe they've replaced the much-missed Lothian of Derwentside in the area.

Andreos1

16 Feb 2022, 9:42 pm #278

Well that's just silly.
They're all red down there so people pay extra attention.

Andreos1
16 Feb 2022, 9:42 pm #278

Well that's just silly.
They're all red down there so people pay extra attention.

Dan

Site Administrator

16 Feb 2022, 9:43 pm #279
(16 Feb 2022, 9:40 pm)MurdnunoC A TfL (or should that be TfD?) usually passes me on my way to work each morning. Maybe they've replaced the much-missed Lothian of Derwentside in the area.

Do TfD operate the 792 TO LONGBENTON DSS!!!

Dan
16 Feb 2022, 9:43 pm #279

(16 Feb 2022, 9:40 pm)MurdnunoC A TfL (or should that be TfD?) usually passes me on my way to work each morning. Maybe they've replaced the much-missed Lothian of Derwentside in the area.

Do TfD operate the 792 TO LONGBENTON DSS!!!

MurdnunoC

16 Feb 2022, 9:45 pm #280
(16 Feb 2022, 9:43 pm)Dan Do TfD operate the 792 TO LONGBENTON DSS!!!

No. Badly-painted Line run it I think.
MurdnunoC
16 Feb 2022, 9:45 pm #280

(16 Feb 2022, 9:43 pm)Dan Do TfD operate the 792 TO LONGBENTON DSS!!!

No. Badly-painted Line run it I think.

Pages (103): Previous 113 14 15103 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average