Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East GNE Questions about fleet withdrawals/buses VOR/fleet questions

GNE Questions about fleet withdrawals/buses VOR/fleet questions

GNE Questions about fleet withdrawals/buses VOR/fleet questions

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (42) Previous 111 12 1342 Next
Adrian

04 Jan 2023, 4:12 pm #221
(04 Jan 2023, 3:01 pm)OrangeArrow49 I see you have blocked me on LinkedIn. Just wanted to apologise if I did something wrong. Guess it wasn't the right place. Sorry.

Why are you messaging him on LinkedIn? Not being funny, but it's not really a platform designed for enthusiasts to contact company employees.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
04 Jan 2023, 4:12 pm #221

(04 Jan 2023, 3:01 pm)OrangeArrow49 I see you have blocked me on LinkedIn. Just wanted to apologise if I did something wrong. Guess it wasn't the right place. Sorry.

Why are you messaging him on LinkedIn? Not being funny, but it's not really a platform designed for enthusiasts to contact company employees.

04 Jan 2023, 5:46 pm #222
(04 Jan 2023, 4:12 pm)Adrian Why are you messaging him on LinkedIn? Not being funny, but it's not really a platform designed for enthusiasts to contact company employees.

Yes, I know. I messed up. Just had been connected on LinkedIn and sent him a quick message.  Now I'm upset with myself because I made a stupid mistake I can't take back and I'm sorry. At first I messaged him as fellow enthusiasts, nothing to do with him being a company employee. Then I didn't realise I was doing anything wrong, but I was. Seriously I wish I could take it all back and start again. 

Fair enough to block me on LinkedIn, I just wanted to apologise. He might acknowledge it on here, I don't know. Can't do any more than apologise. Genuinely sorry. Live and learn.
OrangeArrow49
04 Jan 2023, 5:46 pm #222

(04 Jan 2023, 4:12 pm)Adrian Why are you messaging him on LinkedIn? Not being funny, but it's not really a platform designed for enthusiasts to contact company employees.

Yes, I know. I messed up. Just had been connected on LinkedIn and sent him a quick message.  Now I'm upset with myself because I made a stupid mistake I can't take back and I'm sorry. At first I messaged him as fellow enthusiasts, nothing to do with him being a company employee. Then I didn't realise I was doing anything wrong, but I was. Seriously I wish I could take it all back and start again. 

Fair enough to block me on LinkedIn, I just wanted to apologise. He might acknowledge it on here, I don't know. Can't do any more than apologise. Genuinely sorry. Live and learn.

Adrian

05 Jan 2023, 9:14 am #223
(04 Jan 2023, 5:46 pm)OrangeArrow49 Yes, I know. I messed up. Just had been connected on LinkedIn and sent him a quick message.  Now I'm upset with myself because I made a stupid mistake I can't take back and I'm sorry. At first I messaged him as fellow enthusiasts, nothing to do with him being a company employee. Then I didn't realise I was doing anything wrong, but I was. Seriously I wish I could take it all back and start again. 

I wouldn't worry about it. Every day is a learning day, but I think it's sometimes worth remembering that we all have lives, and some of us jobs, away from being an enthusiast. Smile

Adrian
05 Jan 2023, 9:14 am #223

(04 Jan 2023, 5:46 pm)OrangeArrow49 Yes, I know. I messed up. Just had been connected on LinkedIn and sent him a quick message.  Now I'm upset with myself because I made a stupid mistake I can't take back and I'm sorry. At first I messaged him as fellow enthusiasts, nothing to do with him being a company employee. Then I didn't realise I was doing anything wrong, but I was. Seriously I wish I could take it all back and start again. 

I wouldn't worry about it. Every day is a learning day, but I think it's sometimes worth remembering that we all have lives, and some of us jobs, away from being an enthusiast. Smile

05 Jan 2023, 10:20 am #224
(05 Jan 2023, 9:14 am)Adrian I wouldn't worry about it. Every day is a learning day, but I think it's sometimes worth remembering that we all have lives, and some of us jobs, away from being an enthusiast. Smile

I know and fully understand getting blocked on LinkedIn. He could have maybe given me a warning first, but I can see I was stupid. Just wish he would engage on here at least, as fellow enthusiasts. Didn't realise at first I was doing anything wrong and just thought he was too busy to reply. Not going to lie, getting blocked hurt.
OrangeArrow49
05 Jan 2023, 10:20 am #224

(05 Jan 2023, 9:14 am)Adrian I wouldn't worry about it. Every day is a learning day, but I think it's sometimes worth remembering that we all have lives, and some of us jobs, away from being an enthusiast. Smile

I know and fully understand getting blocked on LinkedIn. He could have maybe given me a warning first, but I can see I was stupid. Just wish he would engage on here at least, as fellow enthusiasts. Didn't realise at first I was doing anything wrong and just thought he was too busy to reply. Not going to lie, getting blocked hurt.

05 Jan 2023, 11:17 am #225
(05 Jan 2023, 10:20 am)OrangeArrow49 I know and fully understand getting blocked on LinkedIn. He could have maybe given me a warning first, but I can see I was stupid. Just wish he would engage on here at least, as fellow enthusiasts. Didn't realise at first I was doing anything wrong and just thought he was too busy to reply. Not going to lie, getting blocked hurt.

Might I advise that you open a dialogue with northern156 regarding your concerns.
R852 PRG
05 Jan 2023, 11:17 am #225

(05 Jan 2023, 10:20 am)OrangeArrow49 I know and fully understand getting blocked on LinkedIn. He could have maybe given me a warning first, but I can see I was stupid. Just wish he would engage on here at least, as fellow enthusiasts. Didn't realise at first I was doing anything wrong and just thought he was too busy to reply. Not going to lie, getting blocked hurt.

Might I advise that you open a dialogue with northern156 regarding your concerns.

05 Jan 2023, 11:21 am #226
(05 Jan 2023, 11:17 am)R852 PRG Might I advise that you open a dialogue with northern156 regarding your concerns.

Is that a joke? Why?
OrangeArrow49
05 Jan 2023, 11:21 am #226

(05 Jan 2023, 11:17 am)R852 PRG Might I advise that you open a dialogue with northern156 regarding your concerns.

Is that a joke? Why?

MurdnunoC

05 Jan 2023, 11:33 am #227
(05 Jan 2023, 11:21 am)OrangeArrow49 Is that a joke? Why?

He's the most approachable moderator on the forum and is happy to answer most queries in a prompt and respectful manner. That's my experience anyway, that's why I've given him reputation points as the Forum's Best Moderator.
MurdnunoC
05 Jan 2023, 11:33 am #227

(05 Jan 2023, 11:21 am)OrangeArrow49 Is that a joke? Why?

He's the most approachable moderator on the forum and is happy to answer most queries in a prompt and respectful manner. That's my experience anyway, that's why I've given him reputation points as the Forum's Best Moderator.

05 Jan 2023, 11:44 am #228
(05 Jan 2023, 11:33 am)MurdnunoC He's the most approachable moderator on the forum and is happy to answer most queries in a prompt and respectful manner. That's my experience anyway, that's why I've given him reputation points as the Forum's Best Moderator.

Great. I just got blocked on LinkedIn because it wasn't the right platform. Hopefully Dan will still engage with me on here, as fellow enthusiasts. All I asked for was a picture of a bus with my choice of display, because it's fun. Stupidly I didn't think and put a couple of questions to him that I should have posted on here instead (just about branding/allocations) before that.
OrangeArrow49
05 Jan 2023, 11:44 am #228

(05 Jan 2023, 11:33 am)MurdnunoC He's the most approachable moderator on the forum and is happy to answer most queries in a prompt and respectful manner. That's my experience anyway, that's why I've given him reputation points as the Forum's Best Moderator.

Great. I just got blocked on LinkedIn because it wasn't the right platform. Hopefully Dan will still engage with me on here, as fellow enthusiasts. All I asked for was a picture of a bus with my choice of display, because it's fun. Stupidly I didn't think and put a couple of questions to him that I should have posted on here instead (just about branding/allocations) before that.

05 Jan 2023, 12:47 pm #229
(05 Jan 2023, 11:44 am)OrangeArrow49 Great. I just got blocked on LinkedIn because it wasn't the right platform. Hopefully Dan will still engage with me on here, as fellow enthusiasts. All I asked for was a picture of a bus with my choice of display, because it's fun. Stupidly I didn't think and put a couple of questions to him that I should have posted on here instead (just about branding/allocations) before that.

As MurdnunoC articulates above, northern156 might be best placed for further discourse on this matter.
R852 PRG
05 Jan 2023, 12:47 pm #229

(05 Jan 2023, 11:44 am)OrangeArrow49 Great. I just got blocked on LinkedIn because it wasn't the right platform. Hopefully Dan will still engage with me on here, as fellow enthusiasts. All I asked for was a picture of a bus with my choice of display, because it's fun. Stupidly I didn't think and put a couple of questions to him that I should have posted on here instead (just about branding/allocations) before that.

As MurdnunoC articulates above, northern156 might be best placed for further discourse on this matter.

05 Jan 2023, 12:59 pm #230

Why not just find his address and send him a friendly letter?
streetdeckfan
05 Jan 2023, 12:59 pm #230

Why not just find his address and send him a friendly letter?

cbma06

05 Jan 2023, 2:25 pm #231

Why don’t you go through normal channels and email GNE customer services asking for the request, or wait patiently until GNE has an open day at one of there bus depots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
05 Jan 2023, 2:25 pm #231

Why don’t you go through normal channels and email GNE customer services asking for the request, or wait patiently until GNE has an open day at one of there bus depots.

MurdnunoC

05 Jan 2023, 3:06 pm #232
(05 Jan 2023, 12:59 pm)streetdeckfan Why not just find his address and send him a friendly letter?

Why stop there? If he has his address, why not just wait outside his door to ask him? 

But even in the context of the forum, Dan, or indeed anybody else, is under no obligation to reply to any questions posed to them. Enthusiasts should remember that at times!
MurdnunoC
05 Jan 2023, 3:06 pm #232

(05 Jan 2023, 12:59 pm)streetdeckfan Why not just find his address and send him a friendly letter?

Why stop there? If he has his address, why not just wait outside his door to ask him? 

But even in the context of the forum, Dan, or indeed anybody else, is under no obligation to reply to any questions posed to them. Enthusiasts should remember that at times!

05 Jan 2023, 3:18 pm #233
(05 Jan 2023, 3:06 pm)MurdnunoC Why stop there? If he has his address, why not just wait outside his door to ask him? 

A letter is creepier IMO.

Or, better yet, if you have his address, order some embarrassing free samples to his address.

I'd imagine they may have come in handy for those Ten Percent Club parties!
streetdeckfan
05 Jan 2023, 3:18 pm #233

(05 Jan 2023, 3:06 pm)MurdnunoC Why stop there? If he has his address, why not just wait outside his door to ask him? 

A letter is creepier IMO.

Or, better yet, if you have his address, order some embarrassing free samples to his address.

Andreos1

05 Jan 2023, 4:19 pm #234
(05 Jan 2023, 3:18 pm)streetdeckfan A letter is creepier IMO.

Our very own Daniel gets invited to the Ten Percent Club parties?!
Wonder if he's a +1 or is an actual member now.

If you can't find his address, there's always the option of waiting outside the office car park for him. 
Or, waiting till he's doing a driving shift and say hello there?

I think the two of you need to make up and be friends again. 
If he is a member of the Ten Percent Club, he could invite you as his +1 and introduce you to all of the other members!
Edited 05 Jan 2023, 4:21 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Jan 2023, 4:19 pm #234

(05 Jan 2023, 3:18 pm)streetdeckfan A letter is creepier IMO.

Our very own Daniel gets invited to the Ten Percent Club parties?!

If you can't find his address, there's always the option of waiting outside the office car park for him. 

If he is a member of the Ten Percent Club, he could invite you as his +1 and introduce you to all of the other members!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

05 Jan 2023, 4:44 pm #235
(05 Jan 2023, 4:19 pm)Andreos1 Our very own Daniel gets invited to the Ten Percent Club parties?!

He was never formally invited. He was just chauffeuring MG back and forth in 6377. 
One time they took pity on him and let him in, the USB ports weren't working on 6377 and he couldn't charge up his personal massager.

Last I heard, he's been attending as a +0.5. He hasn't yet reached enough positive Tweets about Best Impressions to gain a full membership.
streetdeckfan
05 Jan 2023, 4:44 pm #235

(05 Jan 2023, 4:19 pm)Andreos1 Our very own Daniel gets invited to the Ten Percent Club parties?!

He was never formally invited. He was just chauffeuring MG back and forth in 6377. 
One time they took pity on him and let him in, the USB ports weren't working on 6377 and he couldn't charge up his personal massager.

Last I heard, he's been attending as a +0.5. He hasn't yet reached enough positive Tweets about Best Impressions to gain a full membership.

nova347

11 Jan 2023, 7:22 pm #236
Anyone know whats happened to 5371, its been off since Late November according to Bustimes?
nova347
11 Jan 2023, 7:22 pm #236

Anyone know whats happened to 5371, its been off since Late November according to Bustimes?

BFK

12 Jan 2023, 6:13 pm #237
(11 Jan 2023, 7:22 pm)nova347 Anyone know whats happened to 5371, its been off since Late November according to Bustimes?

5371 is awaiting a new engine.
BFK
12 Jan 2023, 6:13 pm #237

(11 Jan 2023, 7:22 pm)nova347 Anyone know whats happened to 5371, its been off since Late November according to Bustimes?

5371 is awaiting a new engine.

15 Jan 2023, 4:24 pm #238
Was coming up the A1 at around half past 2 yesterday afternoon and saw a corporate livery Citaro with no vinyls heading south, didn’t see the fleetnumber as was driving. Guess it was heading to new pastures.

Sent from my iPhone 13 Pro using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
15 Jan 2023, 4:24 pm #238

Was coming up the A1 at around half past 2 yesterday afternoon and saw a corporate livery Citaro with no vinyls heading south, didn’t see the fleetnumber as was driving. Guess it was heading to new pastures.

Dan

Site Administrator

15 Jan 2023, 4:27 pm #239
(15 Jan 2023, 4:24 pm)TEN 6083 Was coming up the A1 at around half past 2 yesterday afternoon and saw a corporate livery Citaro with no vinyls heading south, didn’t see the fleetnumber as was driving. Guess it was heading to new pastures.

It’ll be 5323 in use on rail replacement which was sold to City Transport Ltd.

Dan
15 Jan 2023, 4:27 pm #239

(15 Jan 2023, 4:24 pm)TEN 6083 Was coming up the A1 at around half past 2 yesterday afternoon and saw a corporate livery Citaro with no vinyls heading south, didn’t see the fleetnumber as was driving. Guess it was heading to new pastures.

It’ll be 5323 in use on rail replacement which was sold to City Transport Ltd.

15 Jan 2023, 6:02 pm #240
(15 Jan 2023, 4:27 pm)Dan It’ll be 5323 in use on rail replacement which was sold to City Transport Ltd.

Have any of the other withdrawn Merc's been sold on or scrapped?
Dans_bus_photos
15 Jan 2023, 6:02 pm #240

(15 Jan 2023, 4:27 pm)Dan It’ll be 5323 in use on rail replacement which was sold to City Transport Ltd.

Have any of the other withdrawn Merc's been sold on or scrapped?

Pages (42) Previous 111 12 1342 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average