Menu

North East Buses The Canteen General off-topic chat Nostalgia

Nostalgia

Nostalgia

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (13) Previous 13 4 513 Next
MurdnunoC

07 Feb 2015, 9:20 am #61
As I've mentioned before I worked at Metroland between 1997 and 2000 - it was my first ever job!

I started off working in the arcade for a few weeks before moving onto the rides.
MurdnunoC
07 Feb 2015, 9:20 am #61

As I've mentioned before I worked at Metroland between 1997 and 2000 - it was my first ever job!

I started off working in the arcade for a few weeks before moving onto the rides.

Adrian

16 Feb 2015, 8:30 pm #62
Bit of retro Internet tonight. Does anyone remember...

...when we downloaded music like this?
[Image: Napster%20Screen1.jpg]

...having to connect like this?
[Image: 3.gif]

...or having to do this everytime someone wanted to use the phone? Tongue
[Image: 11-DUNcunninghamdisconnect.gif]

...or when one of the greatest chat protocols, involved this?
[Image: mirc.jpg]

...or failing that, you could look here?
[Image: yahoo-chat.gif?w=558]

...and before Firefox and Chrome, your alternative to IE was this?
[Image: Navigator_1-22.png]

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
16 Feb 2015, 8:30 pm #62

Bit of retro Internet tonight. Does anyone remember...

...or having to do this everytime someone wanted to use the phone? Tongue

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

16 Feb 2015, 9:35 pm #63
(16 Feb 2015, 8:30 pm)aureolin Bit of retro Internet tonight. Does anyone remember...

...or having to do this everytime someone wanted to use the phone?

Bloody hell yes...

I remember all that, used to get my music from winMX and Napster, and 56k dial-up, when connecting used to make a noise like an old tape deck computer(commodore 64 and Amstrad CPC64)...Also back then, I would set a film away to download and I would be lucky if it took 3 days to get, now I can get them in less than 10 minutes Big Grin

When it came to Browsers was there 2 versions of Netscape...Netscape Navigator and Netscape Communicator

My favourite chatroom back then was Amandas Table, mostly populated by people from St Helens and The Wrekin...

MSN Messenger and ICQ was my life back in those days...

Back then I was also heavily involved in Wrestling E-Fed Roleplay sites, some good friendships came out of that period, good people I wish I still talked to today, I used to be part of a group who used the Metro Radio Message Board, we had regular meets at The Pitz 5-A-Side Centre at the Teams to play Metro DJs Team Big Grin

I miss days like that lol

While on the whole nostalgia thing, anybody who was anybody had a Nokia 3210 or 3310/3330 Mobile, only game you could play was Snake and you there was a ringtone creator on there to create ringtones whose instructions could be found online, though there were only 2 slots free to create a ringtone.

I remember thinking I was the mutts nuts when I got a Nokia 3510, I was the first of my group of friends to have a phone with Polyphonic Ringtones
Edited 16 Feb 2015, 9:38 pm by MrFozz.
MrFozz
16 Feb 2015, 9:35 pm #63

(16 Feb 2015, 8:30 pm)aureolin Bit of retro Internet tonight. Does anyone remember...

...or having to do this everytime someone wanted to use the phone?

Bloody hell yes...

I remember all that, used to get my music from winMX and Napster, and 56k dial-up, when connecting used to make a noise like an old tape deck computer(commodore 64 and Amstrad CPC64)...Also back then, I would set a film away to download and I would be lucky if it took 3 days to get, now I can get them in less than 10 minutes Big Grin

When it came to Browsers was there 2 versions of Netscape...Netscape Navigator and Netscape Communicator

My favourite chatroom back then was Amandas Table, mostly populated by people from St Helens and The Wrekin...

MSN Messenger and ICQ was my life back in those days...

Back then I was also heavily involved in Wrestling E-Fed Roleplay sites, some good friendships came out of that period, good people I wish I still talked to today, I used to be part of a group who used the Metro Radio Message Board, we had regular meets at The Pitz 5-A-Side Centre at the Teams to play Metro DJs Team Big Grin

I miss days like that lol

While on the whole nostalgia thing, anybody who was anybody had a Nokia 3210 or 3310/3330 Mobile, only game you could play was Snake and you there was a ringtone creator on there to create ringtones whose instructions could be found online, though there were only 2 slots free to create a ringtone.

I remember thinking I was the mutts nuts when I got a Nokia 3510, I was the first of my group of friends to have a phone with Polyphonic Ringtones

30 Mar 2015, 1:58 pm #64
When heading to Lanchester on the X31 on Saturday with Dan, we passed the industrial estate where the Krazy Kingdom is located. So many memories of birthday parties, primary school treats, spare Saturday afternoons...Big Grin.
R852 PRG
30 Mar 2015, 1:58 pm #64

When heading to Lanchester on the X31 on Saturday with Dan, we passed the industrial estate where the Krazy Kingdom is located. So many memories of birthday parties, primary school treats, spare Saturday afternoons...Big Grin.

30 Mar 2015, 2:09 pm #65
(30 Mar 2015, 1:58 pm)MarcTheA4 When heading to Lanchester on the X31 on Saturday with Dan, we passed the industrial estate where the Krazy Kingdom is located. So many memories of birthday parties, primary school treats, spare Saturday afternoons...Big Grin.

Is that where someone crapped their pants? Was it you who mentioned that? 
omnicity4659
30 Mar 2015, 2:09 pm #65

(30 Mar 2015, 1:58 pm)MarcTheA4 When heading to Lanchester on the X31 on Saturday with Dan, we passed the industrial estate where the Krazy Kingdom is located. So many memories of birthday parties, primary school treats, spare Saturday afternoons...Big Grin.

Is that where someone crapped their pants? Was it you who mentioned that? 

30 Mar 2015, 2:16 pm #66
(30 Mar 2015, 2:09 pm)Tommy_1581 Is that where someone crapped their pants? Was it you who mentioned that? 

Indeed they did. On the big slide. Tongue
R852 PRG
30 Mar 2015, 2:16 pm #66

(30 Mar 2015, 2:09 pm)Tommy_1581 Is that where someone crapped their pants? Was it you who mentioned that? 

Indeed they did. On the big slide. Tongue

idiot

30 Mar 2015, 2:26 pm #67
Bringing up what I touched upon in Quality Contracts...

The wooden seat on the Jolly Bus!!

I was also a cool kid as I had the Moto Edge (I think?!) and it was a flip phone. Oh god I was a cool kid. As cool as a kettle!
idiot
30 Mar 2015, 2:26 pm #67

Bringing up what I touched upon in Quality Contracts...

The wooden seat on the Jolly Bus!!

I was also a cool kid as I had the Moto Edge (I think?!) and it was a flip phone. Oh god I was a cool kid. As cool as a kettle!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

30 Mar 2015, 2:56 pm #68
(30 Mar 2015, 2:16 pm)MarcTheA4 Indeed they did. On the big slide.
Hahaha...I remember you mentioning that, sounds like he had a big slide in his underpants and down the back of his legs, how old was the kid at the time, can't be as bad as me in Tenerife, crapped myself when I had real bad diarrohea(sic?)
MrFozz
30 Mar 2015, 2:56 pm #68

(30 Mar 2015, 2:16 pm)MarcTheA4 Indeed they did. On the big slide.
Hahaha...I remember you mentioning that, sounds like he had a big slide in his underpants and down the back of his legs, how old was the kid at the time, can't be as bad as me in Tenerife, crapped myself when I had real bad diarrohea(sic?)

30 Mar 2015, 2:58 pm #69
(30 Mar 2015, 2:56 pm)MrFozz Hahaha...I remember you mentioning that, sounds like he had a big slide in his underpants and down the back of his legs, how old was the kid at the time, can't be as bad as me in Tenerife, crapped myself when I had real bad diarrohea(sic?)

Around 9, it was in Year 4. Very few people witnessed it, the rest of the class were just enjoying the other things on offer. Tongue
R852 PRG
30 Mar 2015, 2:58 pm #69

(30 Mar 2015, 2:56 pm)MrFozz Hahaha...I remember you mentioning that, sounds like he had a big slide in his underpants and down the back of his legs, how old was the kid at the time, can't be as bad as me in Tenerife, crapped myself when I had real bad diarrohea(sic?)

Around 9, it was in Year 4. Very few people witnessed it, the rest of the class were just enjoying the other things on offer. Tongue

Adrian

30 Mar 2015, 3:04 pm #70
Before you had 'Krazy Kingdom', you had the Dickens play area in Washington. A big play area located at the far end of a DIY store. Who would have thought? Tongue

Adrian
30 Mar 2015, 3:04 pm #70

Before you had 'Krazy Kingdom', you had the Dickens play area in Washington. A big play area located at the far end of a DIY store. Who would have thought? Tongue

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

30 Mar 2015, 3:06 pm #71
(30 Mar 2015, 2:58 pm)MarcTheA4 Around 9, it was in Year 4. Very few people witnessed it, the rest of the class were just enjoying the other things on offer.
How did manage to keep it on the down low, he must have stunk to high heaven, not much could mask the smell of a turd lmfao...

I met a lad years ago on my way to Skegness Butlins, his nickname was Skidmark or Skid for short because his name was Mark Brown, (Skid)Mark Brown, so the nickname came from that and Brown Mark Big Grin
MrFozz
30 Mar 2015, 3:06 pm #71

(30 Mar 2015, 2:58 pm)MarcTheA4 Around 9, it was in Year 4. Very few people witnessed it, the rest of the class were just enjoying the other things on offer.
How did manage to keep it on the down low, he must have stunk to high heaven, not much could mask the smell of a turd lmfao...

I met a lad years ago on my way to Skegness Butlins, his nickname was Skidmark or Skid for short because his name was Mark Brown, (Skid)Mark Brown, so the nickname came from that and Brown Mark Big Grin

30 Mar 2015, 3:09 pm #72
(30 Mar 2015, 3:06 pm)MrFozz How did manage to keep it on the down low, he must have stunk to high heaven, not much could mask the smell of a turd lmfao...

Went into the toilets smelling like a thousand rotting corpses...came out smelling like talcum powder. Tongue
R852 PRG
30 Mar 2015, 3:09 pm #72

(30 Mar 2015, 3:06 pm)MrFozz How did manage to keep it on the down low, he must have stunk to high heaven, not much could mask the smell of a turd lmfao...

Went into the toilets smelling like a thousand rotting corpses...came out smelling like talcum powder. Tongue

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

30 Mar 2015, 3:16 pm #73
(30 Mar 2015, 3:09 pm)MarcTheA4 Went into the toilets smelling like a thousand rotting corpses...came out smelling like talcum powder.

As fresh as a babies arse lmao
MrFozz
30 Mar 2015, 3:16 pm #73

(30 Mar 2015, 3:09 pm)MarcTheA4 Went into the toilets smelling like a thousand rotting corpses...came out smelling like talcum powder.

As fresh as a babies arse lmao

Andreos1

30 Mar 2015, 3:39 pm #74
(30 Mar 2015, 3:04 pm)aureolin Before you had 'Krazy Kingdom', you had the Dickens play area in Washington. A big play area located at the far end of a DIY store. Who would have thought? Tongue

Porcupine Park (what is now the Gold Medal), was the place to be man.
Then Retail World arrived and practically every store there had a play area of some sort.

Dickens set the bar like.
http://youtu.be/rPga8aUVG8Y

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Mar 2015, 3:39 pm #74

(30 Mar 2015, 3:04 pm)aureolin Before you had 'Krazy Kingdom', you had the Dickens play area in Washington. A big play area located at the far end of a DIY store. Who would have thought? Tongue

Porcupine Park (what is now the Gold Medal), was the place to be man.
Then Retail World arrived and practically every store there had a play area of some sort.

Dickens set the bar like.
http://youtu.be/rPga8aUVG8Y

Adrian

30 May 2015, 6:09 pm #75
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/history-no...-1-7284833

Lots of memories from those photos. I remember it from it's later years as Pzazz; getting in as a 16yr old back in 2002. £10 in on a Friday or Saturday night, including all your drink!

Anyone else used to frequent here or any other clubs of the past?

Adrian
30 May 2015, 6:09 pm #75

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/history-no...-1-7284833

Lots of memories from those photos. I remember it from it's later years as Pzazz; getting in as a 16yr old back in 2002. £10 in on a Friday or Saturday night, including all your drink!

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

30 May 2015, 6:53 pm #76
(30 May 2015, 6:09 pm)aureolin http://www.sunderlandecho.com/history-no...-1-7284833

I got barred for life from Pzazz in 2001 Big Grin

In Sunderland I much preferred Privilege and Beach/Blu Bambu what is now The Cooper Rose(I think)...

For me no night out was not complete if I did not goto Idols and Flares(Now Reflex)
MrFozz
30 May 2015, 6:53 pm #76

(30 May 2015, 6:09 pm)aureolin http://www.sunderlandecho.com/history-no...-1-7284833

I got barred for life from Pzazz in 2001 Big Grin

In Sunderland I much preferred Privilege and Beach/Blu Bambu what is now The Cooper Rose(I think)...

For me no night out was not complete if I did not goto Idols and Flares(Now Reflex)

Adrian

30 May 2015, 6:56 pm #77
(30 May 2015, 6:53 pm)MrFozz I got barred for life from Pzazz in 2001 Big Grin

Did you not end up on Pub Watch for that? It would have had you barred from most of the town.

Beach was a quality club when it was still Beach, as it had a proper chillout room upstairs towards the front of the club. The balcony area overlooking the dancefloor was class too, as it didn't half shake! 

I didn't bother with Flares all that much, but there were some good bars around Sunderland around the same time. Innfusion had not long opened for a start, and then you had the likes of Berlins, Jazz (now demolished), Chase, and Luma. You also had proper dives like Bar 36 mind... Wink 

Adrian
30 May 2015, 6:56 pm #77

(30 May 2015, 6:53 pm)MrFozz I got barred for life from Pzazz in 2001 Big Grin

Did you not end up on Pub Watch for that? It would have had you barred from most of the town.

Beach was a quality club when it was still Beach, as it had a proper chillout room upstairs towards the front of the club. The balcony area overlooking the dancefloor was class too, as it didn't half shake! 

I didn't bother with Flares all that much, but there were some good bars around Sunderland around the same time. Innfusion had not long opened for a start, and then you had the likes of Berlins, Jazz (now demolished), Chase, and Luma. You also had proper dives like Bar 36 mind... Wink 

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

30 May 2015, 7:17 pm #78
(30 May 2015, 6:56 pm)aureolin Did you not end up on Pub Watch for that? It would have had you barred from most of the town.

No, not that I remember, even though I got lifted and charged with Drunk and Disorderly, Pub Watch was never mentioned, the door staff, police and magistrates accepted my behaviour was out of character and that I was not usually an aggressive drunk, it was actually round the same time people noticed my problems with mental health really started to show

Since then I have probably only turned out in Sunderland at an average once a year, I pretty much cut my drinking down in 2003
MrFozz
30 May 2015, 7:17 pm #78

(30 May 2015, 6:56 pm)aureolin Did you not end up on Pub Watch for that? It would have had you barred from most of the town.

No, not that I remember, even though I got lifted and charged with Drunk and Disorderly, Pub Watch was never mentioned, the door staff, police and magistrates accepted my behaviour was out of character and that I was not usually an aggressive drunk, it was actually round the same time people noticed my problems with mental health really started to show

Since then I have probably only turned out in Sunderland at an average once a year, I pretty much cut my drinking down in 2003

Andreos1

30 May 2015, 7:33 pm #79

A few years head start, but Chambers was the place to be around 97/98/99.
They had Danny Rampling, Judge Jules, Dave Pearce, Ingrid (off Metro), Brandon Block all putting on sets.

By 2002, I think Chambers had evolved into a strip club.

Andreos1
30 May 2015, 7:33 pm #79

A few years head start, but Chambers was the place to be around 97/98/99.
They had Danny Rampling, Judge Jules, Dave Pearce, Ingrid (off Metro), Brandon Block all putting on sets.

MrFozz

Marxista Fozzski

30 May 2015, 7:53 pm #80
(30 May 2015, 7:33 pm)Andreos1 A few years head start, but Chambers was the place to be around 97/98/99.

Was Chambers down the High Street near where the Cinema is now???

Who remembers Annabels, above Idols IIRC

Ku Klub used to be canny...

I always preferred Durham for a night out...

The Big Jug, Market Tavern, Coach and Eight, Fighting Cocks, Saddle Market, Club Elysium...Would go round most of those on a Night Out, Klute used to be canny, but it was a youth club, saying that I was part of the youth contingent as I was going to Klute from about 15/16

Used to drink in the Colpitts, really cheap beer about a pound a pint in 98/99, The Angel was good too, and spent a lot a time in The Salutation when I was at Fram New College...

Durham Bowling Alley used to be canny, I was indirectly involved in causing a ban on unaccompanied U-18's on Friday and Saturday's, me and my group of pals saw to that, yet we were very friendly with the Management and Security they wanted nothing to do with us on a weekend

As what i was saying before, I started calming down when I was 19 after the Pzazz incident, infact I have only ever misbehaved three times since then, doing good on that considering it has been 14 years since I was 19 Big Grin
MrFozz
30 May 2015, 7:53 pm #80

(30 May 2015, 7:33 pm)Andreos1 A few years head start, but Chambers was the place to be around 97/98/99.

Was Chambers down the High Street near where the Cinema is now???

Who remembers Annabels, above Idols IIRC

Ku Klub used to be canny...

I always preferred Durham for a night out...

The Big Jug, Market Tavern, Coach and Eight, Fighting Cocks, Saddle Market, Club Elysium...Would go round most of those on a Night Out, Klute used to be canny, but it was a youth club, saying that I was part of the youth contingent as I was going to Klute from about 15/16

Used to drink in the Colpitts, really cheap beer about a pound a pint in 98/99, The Angel was good too, and spent a lot a time in The Salutation when I was at Fram New College...

Durham Bowling Alley used to be canny, I was indirectly involved in causing a ban on unaccompanied U-18's on Friday and Saturday's, me and my group of pals saw to that, yet we were very friendly with the Management and Security they wanted nothing to do with us on a weekend

As what i was saying before, I started calming down when I was 19 after the Pzazz incident, infact I have only ever misbehaved three times since then, doing good on that considering it has been 14 years since I was 19 Big Grin

Pages (13) Previous 13 4 513 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average