Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Stagecoach North East Stagecoach & National Express merger

Stagecoach & National Express merger

Stagecoach & National Express merger

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3
Andreos1

16 Dec 2021, 10:35 am #41
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s...s-59664368

Little bit of a write up on the changes ahead

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
16 Dec 2021, 10:35 am #41

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s...s-59664368

Little bit of a write up on the changes ahead

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Adrian

09 Mar 2022, 8:59 am #42
Stagecoach agrees rival £595m takeover in blow to National Express merger plans: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/st...31728.html

Hamish Mackenzie, head of infrastructure at DWS, said: “As a long-term investor in essential services with a strong track record in the UK and European transport sectors, DWS Infrastructure will back Stagecoach to rapidly capitalise on the growth opportunities presented by increased public and private investment in UK bus and coach.”

Very interesting move. Asset stripping exercise ahead?

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 Mar 2022, 8:59 am #42

Stagecoach agrees rival £595m takeover in blow to National Express merger plans: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/st...31728.html

Hamish Mackenzie, head of infrastructure at DWS, said: “As a long-term investor in essential services with a strong track record in the UK and European transport sectors, DWS Infrastructure will back Stagecoach to rapidly capitalise on the growth opportunities presented by increased public and private investment in UK bus and coach.”

James101

09 Mar 2022, 11:08 am #43
(09 Mar 2022, 8:59 am)Adrian Stagecoach agrees rival £595m takeover in blow to National Express merger plans: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/st...31728.html

By their nature, investment funds are not generally interested in the long-term with their acquisitions. I’d expect Stagecoach to be sold on within 5 years, maybe with some of the more prime depot space sold in the meantime. 

I struggle to see it as good news for Stagecoach, or more accurately, their customers.
James101
09 Mar 2022, 11:08 am #43

(09 Mar 2022, 8:59 am)Adrian Stagecoach agrees rival £595m takeover in blow to National Express merger plans: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/st...31728.html

By their nature, investment funds are not generally interested in the long-term with their acquisitions. I’d expect Stagecoach to be sold on within 5 years, maybe with some of the more prime depot space sold in the meantime. 

I struggle to see it as good news for Stagecoach, or more accurately, their customers.

Adrian

09 Mar 2022, 11:38 am #44
(09 Mar 2022, 11:08 am)James101 By their nature, investment funds are not generally interested in the long-term with their acquisitions. I’d expect Stagecoach to be sold on within 5 years, maybe with some of the more prime depot space sold in the meantime. 

I'd agree with that, but I'd be very surprised to see it sold on as a single entity. If they want a quick return for investors, then carving out and selling the most profitable parts of the operation off is likely the best way to achieve that.

Adrian
09 Mar 2022, 11:38 am #44

(09 Mar 2022, 11:08 am)James101 By their nature, investment funds are not generally interested in the long-term with their acquisitions. I’d expect Stagecoach to be sold on within 5 years, maybe with some of the more prime depot space sold in the meantime. 

I'd agree with that, but I'd be very surprised to see it sold on as a single entity. If they want a quick return for investors, then carving out and selling the most profitable parts of the operation off is likely the best way to achieve that.

Chris 1

09 Mar 2022, 12:45 pm #45
(09 Mar 2022, 11:38 am)Adrian I'd agree with that, but I'd be very surprised to see it sold on as a single entity. If they want a quick return for investors, then carving out and selling the most profitable parts of the operation off is likely the best way to achieve that.

Certainly didn't see that one coming!  

Unfortunately I agree with this.  Stagecoach were traditionally one of the leaner of the big 5, as has been commented elsewhere there's not a lot of obvious fat to trim.

Be good news for the shareholders though!
Edited 09 Mar 2022, 12:46 pm by Chris 1.
Chris 1
09 Mar 2022, 12:45 pm #45

(09 Mar 2022, 11:38 am)Adrian I'd agree with that, but I'd be very surprised to see it sold on as a single entity. If they want a quick return for investors, then carving out and selling the most profitable parts of the operation off is likely the best way to achieve that.

Certainly didn't see that one coming!  

Unfortunately I agree with this.  Stagecoach were traditionally one of the leaner of the big 5, as has been commented elsewhere there's not a lot of obvious fat to trim.

Be good news for the shareholders though!

Michael

10 Mar 2022, 7:39 pm #46
Only info I can find, is that its a German company?

Lets hope they don't run Stagecoach to the ground like Arriva

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
10 Mar 2022, 7:39 pm #46

Only info I can find, is that its a German company?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

F114TML

10 Mar 2022, 10:27 pm #47
(10 Mar 2022, 7:39 pm)Michael Only info I can find, is that its a German company?

Different type of company - apparently it's a private equity fund that's eying up/bought Stagecoach, not a larger transport company.
F114TML
10 Mar 2022, 10:27 pm #47

(10 Mar 2022, 7:39 pm)Michael Only info I can find, is that its a German company?

Different type of company - apparently it's a private equity fund that's eying up/bought Stagecoach, not a larger transport company.

11 Mar 2022, 8:17 am #48

Asset and Wealth management division of Deutsche Bank DWS (db.com)
54APhotography
11 Mar 2022, 8:17 am #48

Asset and Wealth management division of Deutsche Bank DWS (db.com)

Bazza

23 Mar 2022, 12:16 pm #49
I wonder if this means National Express will be looking for a new acquisition / merger?

Arriva or GNE?
Bazza
23 Mar 2022, 12:16 pm #49

I wonder if this means National Express will be looking for a new acquisition / merger?

Arriva or GNE?

02 Apr 2022, 5:25 pm #50

If anything I reckon DWS may be willing to divest parts of Stagecoach to other companies if they consider the onward disposal profitable.

So we could see for example Comfort DelGro, Go-Ahead and/or Transdev buy parts of the operation.
MetrolineGA1511
02 Apr 2022, 5:25 pm #50

If anything I reckon DWS may be willing to divest parts of Stagecoach to other companies if they consider the onward disposal profitable.

So we could see for example Comfort DelGro, Go-Ahead and/or Transdev buy parts of the operation.

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average