Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure North Shields Regeneration Plan

North Shields Regeneration Plan

North Shields Regeneration Plan

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 36 Next
Keeiajs

17 Nov 2021, 6:22 pm #21
Can someone tell me what Services go to North Sheilds, as I know 19/11/310/1, does the new Station has 5 platforms do you think they'll all be in use at one time. As the 1 would need 2, and rest 1. So maybe. 

Anyone got a timeline on when it would be done for?
Keeiajs
17 Nov 2021, 6:22 pm #21

Can someone tell me what Services go to North Sheilds, as I know 19/11/310/1, does the new Station has 5 platforms do you think they'll all be in use at one time. As the 1 would need 2, and rest 1. So maybe. 

Train8261

17 Nov 2021, 6:31 pm #22
(17 Nov 2021, 6:22 pm)Keeiajs Can someone tell me what Services go to North Sheilds, as I know 19/11/310/1, does the new Station has 5 platforms do you think they'll all be in use at one time. As the 1 would need 2, and rest 1. So maybe. 

Can't find anything. But remember Bedford Street is being closed 
All in total that's 
1,11,19,310,660N (Go North East)
53,57A (Arriva)
335,333,11 (Gateshead Central Taxis)
11 (Stagecoach)

Also from a photo. It shows (Stand A & B) then (Stand C to E)
Train8261
17 Nov 2021, 6:31 pm #22

(17 Nov 2021, 6:22 pm)Keeiajs Can someone tell me what Services go to North Sheilds, as I know 19/11/310/1, does the new Station has 5 platforms do you think they'll all be in use at one time. As the 1 would need 2, and rest 1. So maybe. 

Can't find anything. But remember Bedford Street is being closed 
All in total that's 
1,11,19,310,660N (Go North East)
53,57A (Arriva)
335,333,11 (Gateshead Central Taxis)
11 (Stagecoach)

Also from a photo. It shows (Stand A & B) then (Stand C to E)

17 Nov 2021, 6:34 pm #23

1 to Gateshead
1 to Whitley Bay
10 to Jarrow/South Shields
11 to Jarrow/South Shields
11 to Whitley Bay
11 to Wallsend
19 to Ashington
53 to Cramlington
57A to Cramlington
310 to Newcastle
333 to Tynemouth
333 to Ferry
335 to Benton
392 to Wallsend/HMRC Benton
Metro Replacement towards Newcastle/South Gosforth

No idea if the 306 (Newcastle/Tynemouth & Whitley Bay) would be diverted to serve it.
omnicity4659
17 Nov 2021, 6:34 pm #23

1 to Gateshead
1 to Whitley Bay
11 to Whitley Bay
11 to Wallsend
19 to Ashington
53 to Cramlington
57A to Cramlington
310 to Newcastle
333 to Tynemouth
333 to Ferry
335 to Benton

No idea if the 306 (Newcastle/Tynemouth & Whitley Bay) would be diverted to serve it.

Keeiajs

17 Nov 2021, 6:57 pm #24
(17 Nov 2021, 6:34 pm)omnicity4659 1 to Gateshead
1 to Whitley Bay
11 to Whitley Bay
11 to Wallsend
19 to Ashington
53 to Cramlington
57A to Cramlington
310 to Newcastle
333 to Tynemouth
333 to Ferry
335 to Benton

Oh wow, seems that bus station will be quite busy
Keeiajs
17 Nov 2021, 6:57 pm #24

(17 Nov 2021, 6:34 pm)omnicity4659 1 to Gateshead
1 to Whitley Bay
11 to Whitley Bay
11 to Wallsend
19 to Ashington
53 to Cramlington
57A to Cramlington
310 to Newcastle
333 to Tynemouth
333 to Ferry
335 to Benton

Oh wow, seems that bus station will be quite busy

Train8261

17 Nov 2021, 7:03 pm #25
(17 Nov 2021, 6:57 pm)Keeiajs Oh wow, seems that bus station will be quite busy
5 stands in total (if that's what the letter on the stands show)
Train8261
17 Nov 2021, 7:03 pm #25

5 stands in total (if that's what the letter on the stands show)

Storx

17 Nov 2021, 7:22 pm #26

I don't know why but I can see it being a bit of a white elephant like Four Lane Ends. There's not really much of a reason to travel to North Shields and the Metro connections there don't make sense for the majority of services since they already pass a metro station or the bus duplicates the Metro or connecting to certain services don't make much sense (310 in particular).

It seems an awful waste of money imo a bit like the Metro Station which was never complete and blew most the budget so the local stations got painted and not a lot more. The bus stops down by B&M and outside the co-op are perfectly fine.
Storx
17 Nov 2021, 7:22 pm #26

I don't know why but I can see it being a bit of a white elephant like Four Lane Ends. There's not really much of a reason to travel to North Shields and the Metro connections there don't make sense for the majority of services since they already pass a metro station or the bus duplicates the Metro or connecting to certain services don't make much sense (310 in particular).

It seems an awful waste of money imo a bit like the Metro Station which was never complete and blew most the budget so the local stations got painted and not a lot more. The bus stops down by B&M and outside the co-op are perfectly fine.

17 Nov 2021, 7:25 pm #27
10/11 to South Shields is the same vehicle (it arrive in as one number and depart as the other).
392 AFAIK doesn't go into the lower part of North Shields.

The 306 did start serving Northumberland Square, but probably gone back to its original route through Shields which avoided going into the Town Centre completely.

Also I have a feeling the 1 towards Gateshead won't serve the Transport Hub either as it be too tight on the timetable with the revised routing.

You also have National Express serving North Shields, though I'm not sure if it's still the case since Covid. Quite possibly I might have been one of the last passengers to use NatEx to North Shields on the Friday before the first Lockdown as I think NatEx only ran another week before the services were revised then later suspended.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
17 Nov 2021, 7:25 pm #27

10/11 to South Shields is the same vehicle (it arrive in as one number and depart as the other).

The 306 did start serving Northumberland Square, but probably gone back to its original route through Shields which avoided going into the Town Centre completely.

Also I have a feeling the 1 towards Gateshead won't serve the Transport Hub either as it be too tight on the timetable with the revised routing.

You also have National Express serving North Shields, though I'm not sure if it's still the case since Covid. Quite possibly I might have been one of the last passengers to use NatEx to North Shields on the Friday before the first Lockdown as I think NatEx only ran another week before the services were revised then later suspended.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/

Train8261

17 Nov 2021, 7:44 pm #28
(17 Nov 2021, 7:25 pm)Rapidsnap 10/11 to South Shields is the same vehicle (it arrive in as one number and depart as the other).

No. I don't think this still happens
Train8261
17 Nov 2021, 7:44 pm #28

(17 Nov 2021, 7:25 pm)Rapidsnap 10/11 to South Shields is the same vehicle (it arrive in as one number and depart as the other).

No. I don't think this still happens

17 Nov 2021, 10:22 pm #29
No, NX haven't run Newcastle-Ashington since the first lockdown
omnicity4659
17 Nov 2021, 10:22 pm #29

No, NX haven't run Newcastle-Ashington since the first lockdown

Train8261

18 Nov 2021, 10:23 am #30
I'm guessing when Demolition work and building work starts. I'm guessing roads round the building will be closed
Train8261
18 Nov 2021, 10:23 am #30

I'm guessing when Demolition work and building work starts. I'm guessing roads round the building will be closed

Train8261

21 Nov 2021, 1:57 am #31
More stuff on the transport hub

As part of our ambitious plans to improve North Shields and transform the town into a residential location of choice and an attractive, family-friendly destination we are developing designs for a new transport hub and adjoining town square.

It forms part of our aims to create a smaller but more vibrant, high-quality town centre; to create more flexible retail opportunities and expand the evening and weekend economy; to improve public transport and the quality of walking and cycling connections across the town (including better links to Fish Quay); and to raise and improve the quality of the built environment and the quality of public space in North Shields with more of it suitable for hosting events and festivals.

The proposed transport hub will provide a modern, high-quality facility in the heart of the town centre.

The facility will bring public transport, including buses, Metro, taxis and links to cycling infrastructure, together in one place – making it easier for people to choose cleaner, greener forms of travel.

It is hoped that the transport hub will become the first net zero carbon building in North Tyneside and design work to achieve this is ongoing and has been designed with sustainability at the forefront through the use of materials, solar energyn as well as the way surface water quality is managed.

Safety and security also features predominantly in the designs with a high-quality, open and expansive waiting area.

There will be provision for artwork to be displayed and modern facilities including Changing Places toilets, which provide extra equipment and space for people with a disability to allow them to use the toilets safely and comfortably, and real-time information displays for all local bus, Metro and ferry services.

The transport hub will connect to the existing Metro station and town centre shopping area and will include opportunities for an additional retail offer to be accommodated inside. It will also include modern, high-quality cycle storage and the facility will connect to the expanding network of cycle routes in the borough.

The outside area will feature high-quality improvements to public spaces.

https://my.northtyneside.gov.uk/category...own-square

More pictures shown
Train8261
21 Nov 2021, 1:57 am #31

More stuff on the transport hub

As part of our ambitious plans to improve North Shields and transform the town into a residential location of choice and an attractive, family-friendly destination we are developing designs for a new transport hub and adjoining town square.

It forms part of our aims to create a smaller but more vibrant, high-quality town centre; to create more flexible retail opportunities and expand the evening and weekend economy; to improve public transport and the quality of walking and cycling connections across the town (including better links to Fish Quay); and to raise and improve the quality of the built environment and the quality of public space in North Shields with more of it suitable for hosting events and festivals.

The proposed transport hub will provide a modern, high-quality facility in the heart of the town centre.

The facility will bring public transport, including buses, Metro, taxis and links to cycling infrastructure, together in one place – making it easier for people to choose cleaner, greener forms of travel.

It is hoped that the transport hub will become the first net zero carbon building in North Tyneside and design work to achieve this is ongoing and has been designed with sustainability at the forefront through the use of materials, solar energyn as well as the way surface water quality is managed.

Safety and security also features predominantly in the designs with a high-quality, open and expansive waiting area.

There will be provision for artwork to be displayed and modern facilities including Changing Places toilets, which provide extra equipment and space for people with a disability to allow them to use the toilets safely and comfortably, and real-time information displays for all local bus, Metro and ferry services.

The transport hub will connect to the existing Metro station and town centre shopping area and will include opportunities for an additional retail offer to be accommodated inside. It will also include modern, high-quality cycle storage and the facility will connect to the expanding network of cycle routes in the borough.

The outside area will feature high-quality improvements to public spaces.

https://my.northtyneside.gov.uk/category...own-square

More pictures shown

Train8261

11 Feb 2022, 11:27 am #32
Bus Station work in North Shields is starting soon on the 28th February

Go North East has some temporary stops in place

From Monday 28 February, some bus stops in North Shields will change to allow for the next phase of the Interchange construction.

Service 11 towards Wallsend will serve Bedford Street Stand B.

Service 19 towards Ferry on an evening and Sunday will serve Bedford Street Stand B.

Service 19 towards Northumberland Park/Ashington will serve a new temporary stop on Railway Terrace between Borough Road and Rudyerd Street.

Service 310 towards Newcastle will serve a new temporary stop on Railway Terrace between Borough Road and Rudyerd Street.
Train8261
11 Feb 2022, 11:27 am #32

Bus Station work in North Shields is starting soon on the 28th February

Go North East has some temporary stops in place

From Monday 28 February, some bus stops in North Shields will change to allow for the next phase of the Interchange construction.

Service 11 towards Wallsend will serve Bedford Street Stand B.

Service 19 towards Ferry on an evening and Sunday will serve Bedford Street Stand B.

Service 19 towards Northumberland Park/Ashington will serve a new temporary stop on Railway Terrace between Borough Road and Rudyerd Street.

Service 310 towards Newcastle will serve a new temporary stop on Railway Terrace between Borough Road and Rudyerd Street.

Train8261

28 Feb 2022, 10:09 am #33
From today till 26th March. Rudyard Street bus stops are not in use anymore.

310/19/11(Stagecoach)/11(Go North East) will use temporary stops (post mentioned above)
Train8261
28 Feb 2022, 10:09 am #33

From today till 26th March. Rudyard Street bus stops are not in use anymore.

310/19/11(Stagecoach)/11(Go North East) will use temporary stops (post mentioned above)

28 Feb 2022, 12:24 pm #34
Don't know why they need a bus station in N Shields, rate they are going withdrawing bus services they won't need one. It end up as a White Elephant.

Rapidsnap
28 Feb 2022, 12:24 pm #34

Don't know why they need a bus station in N Shields, rate they are going withdrawing bus services they won't need one. It end up as a White Elephant.

V514DFT

28 Feb 2022, 12:39 pm #35
Wallsend would of made more sense as a bus station as that is literally right next to the Metro,but again,i agree with Rapids comment,bus station for services soon to be withdrawn seems a waste of money now

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
28 Feb 2022, 12:39 pm #35

Wallsend would of made more sense as a bus station as that is literally right next to the Metro,but again,i agree with Rapids comment,bus station for services soon to be withdrawn seems a waste of money now

Kind Regards
Tez

Adrian

28 Feb 2022, 1:17 pm #36
(28 Feb 2022, 12:24 pm)Rapidsnap Don't know why they need a bus station in N Shields, rate they are going withdrawing bus services they won't need one. It end up as a White Elephant.

Regeneration has to start somewhere, and hopefully an increased footfall results in an increase of services. If every element of town regeneration was met with a 'why bother?', then you'd never get past step one.

Hopefully it proves to be successful in North Tyneside and breathes a new lease of life into the town centre there, as like many other places in the North East, it desperately needs it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
28 Feb 2022, 1:17 pm #36

(28 Feb 2022, 12:24 pm)Rapidsnap Don't know why they need a bus station in N Shields, rate they are going withdrawing bus services they won't need one. It end up as a White Elephant.

Regeneration has to start somewhere, and hopefully an increased footfall results in an increase of services. If every element of town regeneration was met with a 'why bother?', then you'd never get past step one.

Hopefully it proves to be successful in North Tyneside and breathes a new lease of life into the town centre there, as like many other places in the North East, it desperately needs it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Storx

28 Feb 2022, 1:28 pm #37

It doesn't help either that it's in the complete wrong place so no doubt the most popular service serving North Shields (306) will avoid it unless they change the road into it from the North from one way and possibly the 1 aswell.
Storx
28 Feb 2022, 1:28 pm #37

It doesn't help either that it's in the complete wrong place so no doubt the most popular service serving North Shields (306) will avoid it unless they change the road into it from the North from one way and possibly the 1 aswell.

Train8261

28 Feb 2022, 1:31 pm #38
(28 Feb 2022, 1:28 pm)Storx It doesn't help either that it's in the complete wrong place so no doubt the most popular service serving North Shields (306) will avoid it unless they change the road into it from the North from one way and possibly the 1 aswell.
I have a feeling Arriva might change the route of the 306 to serve it
Train8261
28 Feb 2022, 1:31 pm #38

(28 Feb 2022, 1:28 pm)Storx It doesn't help either that it's in the complete wrong place so no doubt the most popular service serving North Shields (306) will avoid it unless they change the road into it from the North from one way and possibly the 1 aswell.
I have a feeling Arriva might change the route of the 306 to serve it

Storx

28 Feb 2022, 1:49 pm #39
(28 Feb 2022, 1:31 pm)Train8261 I have a feeling Arriva might change the route of the 306 to serve it

Heading West it's quite difficult to do so unless you take a 5 minute diversion (and that's being generous) driving back on yourself. It's the same with the 1 and I can't see them doing it for a few passengers when there's a bus stop 5 minutes walk away.
Storx
28 Feb 2022, 1:49 pm #39

(28 Feb 2022, 1:31 pm)Train8261 I have a feeling Arriva might change the route of the 306 to serve it

Heading West it's quite difficult to do so unless you take a 5 minute diversion (and that's being generous) driving back on yourself. It's the same with the 1 and I can't see them doing it for a few passengers when there's a bus stop 5 minutes walk away.

Train8261

28 Feb 2022, 1:54 pm #40
Work on the bus station update

MILESTONE REACHED IN NORTH SHIELDS REGENERATION

The creation of a modern and convenient transport hub in North Shields has taken a major step forward today (28 February).

Set to bring public transport together into one central place and attract more people to the town centre, North Tyneside Council’s proposed transport hub will be located on the site of the former Co-op building on Bedford Street.

Work will get underway to strip the inside of the building before demolition begins in three weeks’ time.

The work is expected to take nine weeks to complete.

Full story: https://bit.ly/3hnw7ro

Also 9 weeks. Is that for it to built and finished or 9 weeks to Demolition then however many weeks to build

Edit some keys points down below

Three weeks stripping the inside of the building, followed by the demolition of the building due to take place from the end of March until the end of April

Parking bays on the west side of Rudyerd Street between Railway Terrace and William Street will be suspended for the duration of the works. Rudyerd Street will also temporarily become one-way with no northbound access

Two sets of investigation trenches will be dug in the footpaths at the back of Railway Terrace and near to the Metro station ramp in order to assess the depth of utilities and services. These areas are adjacent to vacant premises. The footpaths will be fenced off, but the road will remain open

A number of bus services operating from temporary bus stops from 27 February 2022
Train8261
28 Feb 2022, 1:54 pm #40

Work on the bus station update

MILESTONE REACHED IN NORTH SHIELDS REGENERATION

The creation of a modern and convenient transport hub in North Shields has taken a major step forward today (28 February).

Set to bring public transport together into one central place and attract more people to the town centre, North Tyneside Council’s proposed transport hub will be located on the site of the former Co-op building on Bedford Street.

Work will get underway to strip the inside of the building before demolition begins in three weeks’ time.

The work is expected to take nine weeks to complete.

Full story: https://bit.ly/3hnw7ro

Also 9 weeks. Is that for it to built and finished or 9 weeks to Demolition then however many weeks to build

Edit some keys points down below

Three weeks stripping the inside of the building, followed by the demolition of the building due to take place from the end of March until the end of April

Parking bays on the west side of Rudyerd Street between Railway Terrace and William Street will be suspended for the duration of the works. Rudyerd Street will also temporarily become one-way with no northbound access

Two sets of investigation trenches will be dug in the footpaths at the back of Railway Terrace and near to the Metro station ramp in order to assess the depth of utilities and services. These areas are adjacent to vacant premises. The footpaths will be fenced off, but the road will remain open

A number of bus services operating from temporary bus stops from 27 February 2022

Pages (6): Previous 1 2 36 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average