Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East How does Peterlee Depot Work?

How does Peterlee Depot Work?

How does Peterlee Depot Work?

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Keeiajs

27 Sep 2021, 9:16 pm #1
Can someone explain to me how Peterlee Depot works? Like is there a office?
Keeiajs
27 Sep 2021, 9:16 pm #1

Can someone explain to me how Peterlee Depot works? Like is there a office?

cbma06

28 Sep 2021, 1:28 pm #2
(27 Sep 2021, 9:16 pm)Keeiajs Can someone explain to me how Peterlee Depot works? Like is there a office?

If I remember right, there share the premises with Durham county council community transport, when there had the mpds there used to refuel at the shell garage on the a19, so I assume it’s still the same with the solo’s, any work carried out on the solo’s gets done at deptford.

Ashame that there couldn’t of purchased the old United depot at Peterlee and purchase the 22/23/24 routes and have more of a presence in East Durham a lot more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
28 Sep 2021, 1:28 pm #2

(27 Sep 2021, 9:16 pm)Keeiajs Can someone explain to me how Peterlee Depot works? Like is there a office?

If I remember right, there share the premises with Durham county council community transport, when there had the mpds there used to refuel at the shell garage on the a19, so I assume it’s still the same with the solo’s, any work carried out on the solo’s gets done at deptford.

Ashame that there couldn’t of purchased the old United depot at Peterlee and purchase the 22/23/24 routes and have more of a presence in East Durham a lot more

Dan

Site Administrator

28 Sep 2021, 1:33 pm #3
(28 Sep 2021, 1:28 pm)cbma06 If I remember right, there share the premises with Durham county council community transport, when there had the mpds there used to refuel at the shell garage on the a19, so I assume it’s still the same with the solo’s, any work carried out on the solo’s gets done at deptford

East Durham Community Transport are vacating the premises this week, so it's now being leased directly to Go North East (rather than sub-leased).

There are re-fuelling facilities at Peterlee now.
Dan
28 Sep 2021, 1:33 pm #3

(28 Sep 2021, 1:28 pm)cbma06 If I remember right, there share the premises with Durham county council community transport, when there had the mpds there used to refuel at the shell garage on the a19, so I assume it’s still the same with the solo’s, any work carried out on the solo’s gets done at deptford

East Durham Community Transport are vacating the premises this week, so it's now being leased directly to Go North East (rather than sub-leased).

Keeiajs

28 Sep 2021, 1:36 pm #4
(28 Sep 2021, 1:28 pm)cbma06 If I remember right, there share the premises with Durham county council community transport, when there had the mpds there used to refuel at the shell garage on the a19, so I assume it’s still the same with the solo’s, any work carried out on the solo’s gets done at deptford.

Shell Garage on A19, the one near Dalton Park, that is quite a treck to fuel up. 
Unless the drivers go when they go NIS. But how do the drivers get there board thing. Is there a office there though?
Also GNE bought 22/23/24, Peterlee would be the perfect Depot for that. I mean maybe.
Keeiajs
28 Sep 2021, 1:36 pm #4

(28 Sep 2021, 1:28 pm)cbma06 If I remember right, there share the premises with Durham county council community transport, when there had the mpds there used to refuel at the shell garage on the a19, so I assume it’s still the same with the solo’s, any work carried out on the solo’s gets done at deptford.

Shell Garage on A19, the one near Dalton Park, that is quite a treck to fuel up. 
Unless the drivers go when they go NIS. But how do the drivers get there board thing. Is there a office there though?
Also GNE bought 22/23/24, Peterlee would be the perfect Depot for that. I mean maybe.

cbma06

28 Sep 2021, 1:40 pm #5
(28 Sep 2021, 1:33 pm)Dan East Durham Community Transport are vacating the premises this week, so it's now being leased directly to Go North East (rather than sub-leased).

Cheers for info Dan, didn’t realise EDCT were vacating.

Good reason to have the Coaches from the X9/X10 to be stabled at the halfway mark in Peterlee , probably take more of 10 point uturn to turn the coaches round though, and more high security fencing.

cbma06
28 Sep 2021, 1:40 pm #5

(28 Sep 2021, 1:33 pm)Dan East Durham Community Transport are vacating the premises this week, so it's now being leased directly to Go North East (rather than sub-leased).

Cheers for info Dan, didn’t realise EDCT were vacating.

Good reason to have the Coaches from the X9/X10 to be stabled at the halfway mark in Peterlee , probably take more of 10 point uturn to turn the coaches round though, and more high security fencing.

Keeiajs

28 Sep 2021, 1:45 pm #6
(28 Sep 2021, 1:40 pm)cbma06 Cheers for info Dan, didn’t realise EDCT were vacating.

X9/X10 based at Peterlee isn't the worst shout tbh.
Keeiajs
28 Sep 2021, 1:45 pm #6

(28 Sep 2021, 1:40 pm)cbma06 Cheers for info Dan, didn’t realise EDCT were vacating.

X9/X10 based at Peterlee isn't the worst shout tbh.

cbma06

28 Sep 2021, 2:15 pm #7

Don’t know how much the lease at the existing site is but would it cheaper to go with a lease with north east coachways at the old United depot?

cbma06
28 Sep 2021, 2:15 pm #7

Don’t know how much the lease at the existing site is but would it cheaper to go with a lease with north east coachways at the old United depot?

RobinHood

28 Sep 2021, 8:25 pm #8
(28 Sep 2021, 1:28 pm)cbma06 purchase the 22/23/24 routes and have more of a presence in East Durham a lot more

What exactly are you suggesting they purchase?
22/23/24 are commercial routes, suggesting they make money. Why would Arriva offload them?

Maybe they will swap for the 21? Probably similar PVR?

Thought not.
RobinHood
28 Sep 2021, 8:25 pm #8

(28 Sep 2021, 1:28 pm)cbma06 purchase the 22/23/24 routes and have more of a presence in East Durham a lot more

What exactly are you suggesting they purchase?
22/23/24 are commercial routes, suggesting they make money. Why would Arriva offload them?

Thought not.

Keeiajs

28 Sep 2021, 8:52 pm #9
(28 Sep 2021, 8:25 pm)RobinHood What exactly are you suggesting they purchase?

Thought not.
I think he was suggesting something GNE could do. And have a perfect base for them a peterlee it was nothing but discussion. And why not sell 22/23/24, its not like DB cares.
Keeiajs
28 Sep 2021, 8:52 pm #9

(28 Sep 2021, 8:25 pm)RobinHood What exactly are you suggesting they purchase?

Thought not.
I think he was suggesting something GNE could do. And have a perfect base for them a peterlee it was nothing but discussion. And why not sell 22/23/24, its not like DB cares.

Adrian

29 Sep 2021, 10:25 am #10
(28 Sep 2021, 8:52 pm)Keeiajs I think he was suggesting something GNE could do. And have a perfect base for them a peterlee it was nothing but discussion. And why not sell 22/23/24, its not like DB cares.

There's really nothing to buy/sell here. They're commercial routes, so nothing stopping any operator running an identical or similar route on a commercial basis, at least as things stand.

The 22/23/24 provide a decent level of service from when I've used them in the past.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
29 Sep 2021, 10:25 am #10

(28 Sep 2021, 8:52 pm)Keeiajs I think he was suggesting something GNE could do. And have a perfect base for them a peterlee it was nothing but discussion. And why not sell 22/23/24, its not like DB cares.

There's really nothing to buy/sell here. They're commercial routes, so nothing stopping any operator running an identical or similar route on a commercial basis, at least as things stand.

The 22/23/24 provide a decent level of service from when I've used them in the past.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

BusLoverMum

29 Sep 2021, 10:47 pm #11
Yep, the 22 made a big improvement and increased patronage when Arriva doubled the frequency to half hourly. The perfect case study for investing in a route in an area where it would be appreciated.

I know I had more faith in it. If one didn't turn up, a half hour wait is less bad (and less likely to end in a taxi fare) than an hour gap.

I'm finding myself with a similar mentality with. The 64, now. I've been used to every 10 minutes. Now it's every 15 and some don't show up. I really cba for a 2km journey. I'll walk if it's not uphill and I'm not sore, or catch the first suitable service to get me up the hill to the hospital, then walk the rest.
BusLoverMum
29 Sep 2021, 10:47 pm #11

Yep, the 22 made a big improvement and increased patronage when Arriva doubled the frequency to half hourly. The perfect case study for investing in a route in an area where it would be appreciated.

I know I had more faith in it. If one didn't turn up, a half hour wait is less bad (and less likely to end in a taxi fare) than an hour gap.

I'm finding myself with a similar mentality with. The 64, now. I've been used to every 10 minutes. Now it's every 15 and some don't show up. I really cba for a 2km journey. I'll walk if it's not uphill and I'm not sore, or catch the first suitable service to get me up the hill to the hospital, then walk the rest.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average