Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East Services 1 and 11 bus stop change in North Shields

Go North East Services 1 and 11 bus stop change in North Shields

Go North East Services 1 and 11 bus stop change in North Shields

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Train8261

29 Sep 2021, 11:15 am #1
From Wednesday 13 October, North Tyneside Council will permanently close Howard Street and Northumberland Square. As a result, there will be some minor changes to the routes of some of our services in North Shields. Times of buses will remain unchanged

Towards Whitley Bay, service 1 will operate via Saville Street and Stephenson Street, resuming the normal route from there, no longer serving Howard Street.

A new bus stop will be placed on Stephenson Street to replace the stop on Howard Street.Towards Gateshead, service 1 will operate via Albion Road and Church Way, resuming the normal route from there, no longer serving Northumberland Square.

To replace the stop on Northumberland Square, service 1 will now serve the bus stop on Albion Road

Towards Whitley Bay, service 11 will operate via Saville Street, Stephenson Street, Albion Road, Church Way, resuming the normal route from there, no longer serving Howard Street and Northumberland Square.

A new bus stop will be placed on Stephenson Street to replace the stop on Howard Street, and service 11 will now serve the bus stop on Albion Road to replace the stop on Northumberland Square.

There is no change to the route or bus stops towards Wallsend.
Train8261
29 Sep 2021, 11:15 am #1

From Wednesday 13 October, North Tyneside Council will permanently close Howard Street and Northumberland Square. As a result, there will be some minor changes to the routes of some of our services in North Shields. Times of buses will remain unchanged

Towards Whitley Bay, service 1 will operate via Saville Street and Stephenson Street, resuming the normal route from there, no longer serving Howard Street.

A new bus stop will be placed on Stephenson Street to replace the stop on Howard Street.Towards Gateshead, service 1 will operate via Albion Road and Church Way, resuming the normal route from there, no longer serving Northumberland Square.

To replace the stop on Northumberland Square, service 1 will now serve the bus stop on Albion Road

Towards Whitley Bay, service 11 will operate via Saville Street, Stephenson Street, Albion Road, Church Way, resuming the normal route from there, no longer serving Howard Street and Northumberland Square.

A new bus stop will be placed on Stephenson Street to replace the stop on Howard Street, and service 11 will now serve the bus stop on Albion Road to replace the stop on Northumberland Square.

There is no change to the route or bus stops towards Wallsend.

V514DFT

29 Sep 2021, 9:02 pm #2
Let me guess,theyre predestrianising it?

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
29 Sep 2021, 9:02 pm #2

Let me guess,theyre predestrianising it?

Kind Regards
Tez

Train8261

30 Sep 2021, 1:34 am #3
(29 Sep 2021, 9:02 pm)V514DFT Let me guess,theyre predestrianising it?
Yea. If you check the North Shields Regeneration Plan on this forum. I think someone put a link to it
Train8261
30 Sep 2021, 1:34 am #3

(29 Sep 2021, 9:02 pm)V514DFT Let me guess,theyre predestrianising it?
Yea. If you check the North Shields Regeneration Plan on this forum. I think someone put a link to it

30 Sep 2021, 7:05 am #4
(30 Sep 2021, 1:34 am)Train8261 Yea. If you check the North Shields Regeneration Plan on this forum. I think someone put a link to it
Kill off North Shields town center even more. It's like a ghost town already. I was there last week whilst visiting my Mother and it was dead. I'm glad I moved away to Haxby near York in 1994.
ian foster
30 Sep 2021, 7:05 am #4

(30 Sep 2021, 1:34 am)Train8261 Yea. If you check the North Shields Regeneration Plan on this forum. I think someone put a link to it
Kill off North Shields town center even more. It's like a ghost town already. I was there last week whilst visiting my Mother and it was dead. I'm glad I moved away to Haxby near York in 1994.

Andreos1

30 Sep 2021, 9:26 am #5
(30 Sep 2021, 7:05 am)ian foster Kill off North Shields town center even more. It's like a ghost town already. I was there last week whilst visiting my Mother and it was dead. I'm glad I moved away to Haxby near York in 1994.

Decent fish & chips there, plus a Sam Smiths pub. Can't go wrong!

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
30 Sep 2021, 9:26 am #5

(30 Sep 2021, 7:05 am)ian foster Kill off North Shields town center even more. It's like a ghost town already. I was there last week whilst visiting my Mother and it was dead. I'm glad I moved away to Haxby near York in 1994.

Decent fish & chips there, plus a Sam Smiths pub. Can't go wrong!

Rob44

30 Sep 2021, 10:36 am #6
(30 Sep 2021, 9:26 am)Andreos1 Decent fish & chips there, plus a Sam Smiths pub. Can't go wrong!

Which is the sam smiths pub? I used to frequent the one on Birtley but got a bit tipsy a while back and got barred. Nearest one I can think of is in York now... unless you can tell me different. Love the lager and the price!
Rob44
30 Sep 2021, 10:36 am #6

(30 Sep 2021, 9:26 am)Andreos1 Decent fish & chips there, plus a Sam Smiths pub. Can't go wrong!

Which is the sam smiths pub? I used to frequent the one on Birtley but got a bit tipsy a while back and got barred. Nearest one I can think of is in York now... unless you can tell me different. Love the lager and the price!

Andreos1

30 Sep 2021, 11:06 am #7
(30 Sep 2021, 10:36 am)Rob44 Which is the sam smiths pub? I used to frequent the one on Birtley but got a bit tipsy a while back and got barred. Nearest one I can think of is in York now... unless you can tell me different. Love the lager and the price!

The one in Haxby is The Tiger. 
Theres a Sam Smiths pub in Durham. Couple of them on Teesside too. 
The one in Lincoln at the top of steep hill is a favourite. 

I don't think the Three Tuns in Birtley is Sam Smiths any more mind.

Rehills off licence in Jesmond sell their beers too.

Andreos1
30 Sep 2021, 11:06 am #7

(30 Sep 2021, 10:36 am)Rob44 Which is the sam smiths pub? I used to frequent the one on Birtley but got a bit tipsy a while back and got barred. Nearest one I can think of is in York now... unless you can tell me different. Love the lager and the price!

The one in Haxby is The Tiger. 

Rob44

30 Sep 2021, 11:25 am #8
(30 Sep 2021, 11:06 am)Andreos1 The one in Haxby is The Tiger. 

Maybe it inst... even though i live close i dont bother with that one or the coach and horses for the reasons above.  My mate has just mentioned he though there is/was one in pity me? -  to keep this bus related on the 21 route?!
Rob44
30 Sep 2021, 11:25 am #8

(30 Sep 2021, 11:06 am)Andreos1 The one in Haxby is The Tiger. 

Maybe it inst... even though i live close i dont bother with that one or the coach and horses for the reasons above.  My mate has just mentioned he though there is/was one in pity me? -  to keep this bus related on the 21 route?!

Andreos1

30 Sep 2021, 11:34 am #9
(30 Sep 2021, 11:25 am)Rob44 Maybe it inst... even though i live close i dont bother with that one or the coach and horses for the reasons above.  My mate has just mentioned he though there is/was one in pity me? -  to keep this bus related on the 21 route?!

Not aware of one in Pity Me. Swan & Cygnet on Elvet (plenty of buses there and to Leazes Bowl) and according to Google, The Colpitts (never been).

Andreos1
30 Sep 2021, 11:34 am #9

(30 Sep 2021, 11:25 am)Rob44 Maybe it inst... even though i live close i dont bother with that one or the coach and horses for the reasons above.  My mate has just mentioned he though there is/was one in pity me? -  to keep this bus related on the 21 route?!

Not aware of one in Pity Me. Swan & Cygnet on Elvet (plenty of buses there and to Leazes Bowl) and according to Google, The Colpitts (never been).

GuyParkRoyal

30 Sep 2021, 2:48 pm #10
The one on the 21 route is the Marquis of Granby at Front Street, Framwellgate Moor. If you decide to visit I would recommend taking cash as many of the Sam Smiths houses don't have card payment facilities.
GuyParkRoyal
30 Sep 2021, 2:48 pm #10

The one on the 21 route is the Marquis of Granby at Front Street, Framwellgate Moor. If you decide to visit I would recommend taking cash as many of the Sam Smiths houses don't have card payment facilities.

Rob44

30 Sep 2021, 2:51 pm #11
(30 Sep 2021, 2:48 pm)GuyParkRoyal The one on the 21 route is the Marquis of Granby at Front Street, Framwellgate Moor. If you decide to visit I would recommend taking cash as many of the Sam Smiths houses don't have card payment facilities.

Yes that one rings a bell. Is that the one in the village with a " wacky warehouse" type pub to the north end?  Thanks for the info!
Rob44
30 Sep 2021, 2:51 pm #11

(30 Sep 2021, 2:48 pm)GuyParkRoyal The one on the 21 route is the Marquis of Granby at Front Street, Framwellgate Moor. If you decide to visit I would recommend taking cash as many of the Sam Smiths houses don't have card payment facilities.

Yes that one rings a bell. Is that the one in the village with a " wacky warehouse" type pub to the north end?  Thanks for the info!

Andreos1

30 Sep 2021, 3:32 pm #12

Never knew that was a Sam Smiths.
Might have a look in now I know that!
(30 Sep 2021, 2:51 pm)Rob44 Yes that one rings a bell. Is that the one in the village with a " wacky warehouse" type pub to the north end?  Thanks for the info!

No, it's on the main drag through Pity Me. Opposite the row of shops.
Edited 30 Sep 2021, 3:33 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
30 Sep 2021, 3:32 pm #12

Never knew that was a Sam Smiths.
(30 Sep 2021, 2:51 pm)Rob44 Yes that one rings a bell. Is that the one in the village with a " wacky warehouse" type pub to the north end?  Thanks for the info!

Rob44

30 Sep 2021, 3:39 pm #13
(30 Sep 2021, 3:32 pm)Andreos1 Never knew that was a Sam Smiths.

yes its the one im thinking off. Last time i went in there it was 140 a pint i think. and there is a pub at the bottom of that stret i think
Rob44
30 Sep 2021, 3:39 pm #13

(30 Sep 2021, 3:32 pm)Andreos1 Never knew that was a Sam Smiths.

yes its the one im thinking off. Last time i went in there it was 140 a pint i think. and there is a pub at the bottom of that stret i think

01 Oct 2021, 10:09 am #14
there is The Tiger in Haxby (my local) the Burns Hotel and the Kings Arms in York.  I believe the Prince of Wales on North Shields Fish Quay is also Sam Smiths.
ian foster
01 Oct 2021, 10:09 am #14

there is The Tiger in Haxby (my local) the Burns Hotel and the Kings Arms in York.  I believe the Prince of Wales on North Shields Fish Quay is also Sam Smiths.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average