Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Washington Galleries Bus Station

Washington Galleries Bus Station

Washington Galleries Bus Station

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Adrian

09 Oct 2021, 8:49 pm #3
The big departure boards have never worked correctly for years. I've lost count of the number of times I've reported it to Nexus, for it not to be fixed. If they cannot/won't fix them, then they should be switched off or removed.

Stands are usually not too bad in my experience, but you get a bit of a bottleneck when two buses pull in to stand A or D together. They should have really had a second set of doors installed for each of those stands, or the operators should instruct drivers to use the drop-off stands correctly to avoid bottlenecking. The drop-off stands are more used for driver changeovers than anything else, despite the huge island at the other side of the bus station available for that purpose.

The general maintenance of the bus station is a problem, but that goes for the shopping centre too. The owners have spent a lot refurbishing/redeveloping it, but general upkeep such as cleaning and fixing leaking roofs, seems to be left as a problem.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
09 Oct 2021, 8:49 pm #3

The big departure boards have never worked correctly for years. I've lost count of the number of times I've reported it to Nexus, for it not to be fixed. If they cannot/won't fix them, then they should be switched off or removed.

Stands are usually not too bad in my experience, but you get a bit of a bottleneck when two buses pull in to stand A or D together. They should have really had a second set of doors installed for each of those stands, or the operators should instruct drivers to use the drop-off stands correctly to avoid bottlenecking. The drop-off stands are more used for driver changeovers than anything else, despite the huge island at the other side of the bus station available for that purpose.

The general maintenance of the bus station is a problem, but that goes for the shopping centre too. The owners have spent a lot refurbishing/redeveloping it, but general upkeep such as cleaning and fixing leaking roofs, seems to be left as a problem.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Messages In This Thread
Washington Galleries Bus Station - by ASX_Terranova - 09 Oct 2021, 4:06 pm
Washington Galleries Bus Station - by cbma06 - 09 Oct 2021, 6:47 pm
RE: Washington Galleries Bus Station - by Adrian - 09 Oct 2021, 8:49 pm
RE: Washington Galleries Bus Station - by Train8261 - 09 Oct 2021, 9:42 pm
RE: Washington Galleries Bus Station - by Adrian - 10 Oct 2021, 12:06 am
RE: Washington Galleries Bus Station - by Andreos1 - 10 Oct 2021, 10:12 am
RE: Washington Galleries Bus Station - by Train8261 - 10 Oct 2021, 10:19 am
RE: Washington Galleries Bus Station - by Andreos1 - 10 Oct 2021, 10:42 am