Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East East Durham Explorer 65 re-brand

East Durham Explorer 65 re-brand

East Durham Explorer 65 re-brand

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3
Michael

05 Sep 2021, 6:13 pm #41
(05 Sep 2021, 5:49 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Unfortunately the cynical roll eyes attitude pretty much sums up GNE's approach to providing printed customer information relating to these changes.  Heck, someone even wrote a blog about it.  Apart from yourself, I dont think anyone has reported finding new timetables on board any services as yet - certainly Adrian tried 10 different vehicles and came up empty by all accounts, as have I on countless journeys.  Accepting the delays at the printers (which as others have said should arguably have been pre-empted and printing sorted sooner, or changes not planned for the end of a peak holiday period with known staffing issues already affecting multiple sectors) the fact printed media are next to impossible to locate for the 50% of services that leaflets are reportedly available for is very odd.

Wheres the other companies timetables?

I've seen none of those on the Stagecoach buses, and Arriva have had service changes and have service changes coming up - are those timetables on the buses?

No but everyones banging on about how GNE haven't got them on the buses, when people are forgetting none of the other "big" companies have them either.

Feels like people are banging on about the same rubbish all the time on the forum atm

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Sep 2021, 6:13 pm #41

(05 Sep 2021, 5:49 pm)stagecoachbusdepot Unfortunately the cynical roll eyes attitude pretty much sums up GNE's approach to providing printed customer information relating to these changes.  Heck, someone even wrote a blog about it.  Apart from yourself, I dont think anyone has reported finding new timetables on board any services as yet - certainly Adrian tried 10 different vehicles and came up empty by all accounts, as have I on countless journeys.  Accepting the delays at the printers (which as others have said should arguably have been pre-empted and printing sorted sooner, or changes not planned for the end of a peak holiday period with known staffing issues already affecting multiple sectors) the fact printed media are next to impossible to locate for the 50% of services that leaflets are reportedly available for is very odd.

Wheres the other companies timetables?

I've seen none of those on the Stagecoach buses, and Arriva have had service changes and have service changes coming up - are those timetables on the buses?

No but everyones banging on about how GNE haven't got them on the buses, when people are forgetting none of the other "big" companies have them either.

Feels like people are banging on about the same rubbish all the time on the forum atm

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

05 Sep 2021, 6:20 pm #42
(05 Sep 2021, 6:13 pm)Michael Wheres the other companies timetables?

I've seen none of those on the Stagecoach buses, and  Arriva have had service changes and have service changes coming up - are those timetables on the buses?

GCT have the youngest fleet in the North East though. Never see anyone banging on about that.
MurdnunoC
05 Sep 2021, 6:20 pm #42

I've seen none of those on the Stagecoach buses, and  Arriva have had service changes and have service changes coming up - are those timetables on the buses?

GCT have the youngest fleet in the North East though. Never see anyone banging on about that.

Dan

Site Administrator

05 Sep 2021, 6:23 pm #43

Naturally because Go North East shout about what they do well, people are more inclined to point out when things aren't as great as they're being made out to be. Arriva and Stagecoach haven't shouted about their printed literature, or indeed very much else recently, so I suspect nobody jumps on them because the expectation is that it isn't there. Go North East have, so folk are pointing out when it isn't there.

All that said; as the person responsible for the production of these paper timetable leaflets (leaving myself wide open here to get a load of criticism), I am slightly concerned that neither Adrian nor stagecoachbusdepot have seen any yet, but they are definitely in circulation with more and more following day by day. There was supposed to be a delivery of timetables into depots on Thursday which I understand was cancelled by the distribution company due to short-term staff sickness, and has been re-arranged for Monday and Tuesday.

I'm in agreement with your sentiments of some topics becoming tiresome, and not adding to any further discussion nor debate. In this instance it has just caused unnecessary conflict, but that's mainly down to the way in which it has been said.
Dan
05 Sep 2021, 6:23 pm #43

Naturally because Go North East shout about what they do well, people are more inclined to point out when things aren't as great as they're being made out to be. Arriva and Stagecoach haven't shouted about their printed literature, or indeed very much else recently, so I suspect nobody jumps on them because the expectation is that it isn't there. Go North East have, so folk are pointing out when it isn't there.

All that said; as the person responsible for the production of these paper timetable leaflets (leaving myself wide open here to get a load of criticism), I am slightly concerned that neither Adrian nor stagecoachbusdepot have seen any yet, but they are definitely in circulation with more and more following day by day. There was supposed to be a delivery of timetables into depots on Thursday which I understand was cancelled by the distribution company due to short-term staff sickness, and has been re-arranged for Monday and Tuesday.

I'm in agreement with your sentiments of some topics becoming tiresome, and not adding to any further discussion nor debate. In this instance it has just caused unnecessary conflict, but that's mainly down to the way in which it has been said.

JP6004

05 Sep 2021, 6:23 pm #44
(05 Sep 2021, 6:20 pm)MurdnunoC GCT have the youngest fleet in the North East though. Never see anyone banging on about that.
They tend not to put their buses in service  Tongue
JP6004
05 Sep 2021, 6:23 pm #44

(05 Sep 2021, 6:20 pm)MurdnunoC GCT have the youngest fleet in the North East though. Never see anyone banging on about that.
They tend not to put their buses in service  Tongue

Michael

05 Sep 2021, 6:25 pm #45

Aye they do, well done to them.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
05 Sep 2021, 6:25 pm #45

Aye they do, well done to them.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

MurdnunoC

05 Sep 2021, 6:26 pm #46
(05 Sep 2021, 6:23 pm)JP6004 They tend not to put their buses in service  Tongue

Their new 71-plate Merc was out on the Rs yesterday afternoon.
MurdnunoC
05 Sep 2021, 6:26 pm #46

(05 Sep 2021, 6:23 pm)JP6004 They tend not to put their buses in service  Tongue

Their new 71-plate Merc was out on the Rs yesterday afternoon.

Keeiajs

05 Sep 2021, 6:45 pm #47
Winner for the most obvious statement of the month.

(05 Sep 2021, 6:23 pm)Dan Naturally because Go North East shout about what they do well, people are more inclined to point out when things aren't as great as they're being made out to be. Arriva and Stagecoach haven't shouted about their printed literature, or indeed very much else recently, so I suspect nobody jumps on them because the expectation is that it isn't there. Go North East have, so folk are pointing out when it isn't there.

I must say I have been on 4 different X20's, 4 20's, 3 8's. 2 55's, 1 60, 1 X6. And I saw no leaflets.

Edit - This is not a go at GNE, I am just saying to correspond with Adrian's point I haven't seen any, I understand its not GNE but atleast GNE do something to inform passengers who may not know about this and go out of there way to print timetables. I can say from what I have seen from SC & arriva I haven't seen a leaflet on there buses in years.
Edited 05 Sep 2021, 6:47 pm by Keeiajs.
Keeiajs
05 Sep 2021, 6:45 pm #47

Winner for the most obvious statement of the month.

(05 Sep 2021, 6:23 pm)Dan Naturally because Go North East shout about what they do well, people are more inclined to point out when things aren't as great as they're being made out to be. Arriva and Stagecoach haven't shouted about their printed literature, or indeed very much else recently, so I suspect nobody jumps on them because the expectation is that it isn't there. Go North East have, so folk are pointing out when it isn't there.

I must say I have been on 4 different X20's, 4 20's, 3 8's. 2 55's, 1 60, 1 X6. And I saw no leaflets.

Edit - This is not a go at GNE, I am just saying to correspond with Adrian's point I haven't seen any, I understand its not GNE but atleast GNE do something to inform passengers who may not know about this and go out of there way to print timetables. I can say from what I have seen from SC & arriva I haven't seen a leaflet on there buses in years.

MurdnunoC

05 Sep 2021, 6:49 pm #48
(05 Sep 2021, 6:45 pm)Keeiajs Winner for the most obvious statement of the month.

Thanks. What do I win?
MurdnunoC
05 Sep 2021, 6:49 pm #48

(05 Sep 2021, 6:45 pm)Keeiajs Winner for the most obvious statement of the month.

Thanks. What do I win?

05 Sep 2021, 7:06 pm #49
Well Keeiajs it might be that the cancelled leaflet delivery for Thursday contained the timetables for those services that you used. They cannot be put on the buses if the depot doesn't have them. To be fair, the fault is down to the company that makes and distributes the leaflets to the depots, they aren't printed in house by Go North East. The staff are hard pressed as they are with all the changes, they can only do so much.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
05 Sep 2021, 7:06 pm #49

Well Keeiajs it might be that the cancelled leaflet delivery for Thursday contained the timetables for those services that you used. They cannot be put on the buses if the depot doesn't have them. To be fair, the fault is down to the company that makes and distributes the leaflets to the depots, they aren't printed in house by Go North East. The staff are hard pressed as they are with all the changes, they can only do so much.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

Keeiajs

05 Sep 2021, 7:08 pm #50
(05 Sep 2021, 7:06 pm)Rapidsnap Well Keeiajs it might be that the cancelled leaflet delivery for Thursday contained the timetables for those services that you used. They cannot be put on the buses if the depot doesn't have them. To be fair, the fault is down to the company that makes and distributes the leaflets to the depots, they aren't printed in house by Go North East. The staff are hard pressed as they are with all the changes, they can only do so much.
Yeh, I understand, I did make a edit but didn't save it. It was meant to say like, I don't blame GNE but I am just saying I have been on these services and havent seen any. Wasn't really a issue or a moan just saying.
Keeiajs
05 Sep 2021, 7:08 pm #50

(05 Sep 2021, 7:06 pm)Rapidsnap Well Keeiajs it might be that the cancelled leaflet delivery for Thursday contained the timetables for those services that you used. They cannot be put on the buses if the depot doesn't have them. To be fair, the fault is down to the company that makes and distributes the leaflets to the depots, they aren't printed in house by Go North East. The staff are hard pressed as they are with all the changes, they can only do so much.
Yeh, I understand, I did make a edit but didn't save it. It was meant to say like, I don't blame GNE but I am just saying I have been on these services and havent seen any. Wasn't really a issue or a moan just saying.

05 Sep 2021, 7:15 pm #51
I have seen leaflets on buses whilst out and about.

I must be one of the chosen few.
Clifton Hignett III
05 Sep 2021, 7:15 pm #51

I have seen leaflets on buses whilst out and about.

Keeiajs

05 Sep 2021, 7:15 pm #52
I must also say I wasn't a fan of the new livery for the 65, but now with the decals I have to say it is one of my favourite in the fleet with the Connections 4.

What is ur favourite livery.
Keeiajs
05 Sep 2021, 7:15 pm #52

I must also say I wasn't a fan of the new livery for the 65, but now with the decals I have to say it is one of my favourite in the fleet with the Connections 4.

05 Sep 2021, 7:16 pm #53
(05 Sep 2021, 7:15 pm)Keeiajs I must also say I wasn't a fan of the new livery for the 65, but now with the decals I have to say it is one of my favourite in the fleet with the Connections 4.

(de)livery usually.
Clifton Hignett III
05 Sep 2021, 7:16 pm #53

(05 Sep 2021, 7:15 pm)Keeiajs I must also say I wasn't a fan of the new livery for the 65, but now with the decals I have to say it is one of my favourite in the fleet with the Connections 4.

(de)livery usually.

Stanleyone

05 Sep 2021, 7:29 pm #54
(05 Sep 2021, 7:15 pm)Clifton Hignett III I have seen leaflets on buses whilst out and about.

Guess I must be too, seen leaflets for X30/X31, X70/71/72 and 16/16a.
Stanleyone
05 Sep 2021, 7:29 pm #54

(05 Sep 2021, 7:15 pm)Clifton Hignett III I have seen leaflets on buses whilst out and about.

Guess I must be too, seen leaflets for X30/X31, X70/71/72 and 16/16a.

Storx

05 Sep 2021, 10:38 pm #55
This leaflet crack is dragging a bit mind. I don't know anyone who uses them anymore and that includes all the pensioners who I know. It's not exactly the end of the world imo, it's not like the majority of people can't go on the internet to view the times and those who can't ring or text someone who can look for them then learn bus every 07 and 37 to town. Every 04 and 34 home. Easy. What time it comes at every other stop is a bit irrelevant.

No doubt there's numerous bus stops in the North East with missing timetables or wrong information as usual the place where times arguably should be especially wrong information which is confusing.

Now a better idea would be someone could go into a travelshop ask what bus stop they're based at and they can get a printed A4 piece of paper giving all the buses which serve that stop which arguably would be more useful - oh wait they shut. Either way they'd be handy information from GNE and more useful as you can't get it online atm unless it's a Nexus bus stop but it's rather difficult to get.
Storx
05 Sep 2021, 10:38 pm #55

This leaflet crack is dragging a bit mind. I don't know anyone who uses them anymore and that includes all the pensioners who I know. It's not exactly the end of the world imo, it's not like the majority of people can't go on the internet to view the times and those who can't ring or text someone who can look for them then learn bus every 07 and 37 to town. Every 04 and 34 home. Easy. What time it comes at every other stop is a bit irrelevant.

No doubt there's numerous bus stops in the North East with missing timetables or wrong information as usual the place where times arguably should be especially wrong information which is confusing.

Now a better idea would be someone could go into a travelshop ask what bus stop they're based at and they can get a printed A4 piece of paper giving all the buses which serve that stop which arguably would be more useful - oh wait they shut. Either way they'd be handy information from GNE and more useful as you can't get it online atm unless it's a Nexus bus stop but it's rather difficult to get.

27 Sep 2021, 6:47 am #56
East Durham Explorer 5392putting a full shift in on 65s yesterday

5392 NK15EMX | Wright Streetlite Max DF Micro-Hybrid 5392 tr… | Flickr
54APhotography
27 Sep 2021, 6:47 am #56

East Durham Explorer 5392putting a full shift in on 65s yesterday

5392 NK15EMX | Wright Streetlite Max DF Micro-Hybrid 5392 tr… | Flickr

04 Oct 2021, 8:09 am #57
Last of the four East Durham Explorer repaints put to bed yesterday, the twice repainted 5391 at the ninth time of asking in a very lucky patch. 

5391 NK15EMV | Wright Streetlite Max DF Micro-Hybrid 5391 tr… | Flickr
54APhotography
04 Oct 2021, 8:09 am #57

Last of the four East Durham Explorer repaints put to bed yesterday, the twice repainted 5391 at the ninth time of asking in a very lucky patch. 

5391 NK15EMV | Wright Streetlite Max DF Micro-Hybrid 5391 tr… | Flickr

Drifter60

17 Nov 2021, 11:39 pm #58
It’s a shame there’s not a later journey on the 65 from Seaham, particularly for Friday and Saturday nights. Last bus being 22:25 is probably just a tad early. There’s a bus from Durham arriving in Seaham at 23:12, so a journey even just as far as Hetton or Moorsley that left at around 23:15.
Drifter60
17 Nov 2021, 11:39 pm #58

It’s a shame there’s not a later journey on the 65 from Seaham, particularly for Friday and Saturday nights. Last bus being 22:25 is probably just a tad early. There’s a bus from Durham arriving in Seaham at 23:12, so a journey even just as far as Hetton or Moorsley that left at around 23:15.

18 Nov 2021, 12:47 am #59
(17 Nov 2021, 11:39 pm)Drifter60 It’s a shame there’s not a later journey on the 65 from Seaham, particularly for Friday and Saturday nights. Last bus being 22:25 is probably just a tad early. There’s a bus from Durham arriving in Seaham at 23:12, so a journey even just as far as Hetton or Moorsley that left at around 23:15.

Driving time is a big factor too remember, pretty sure the driver who comes in on that 23:12 65 doesn't have enough time to do much more than go back to the depot, so another run would be harder to do than just send the bus back to Hetton.
deanmachine
18 Nov 2021, 12:47 am #59

(17 Nov 2021, 11:39 pm)Drifter60 It’s a shame there’s not a later journey on the 65 from Seaham, particularly for Friday and Saturday nights. Last bus being 22:25 is probably just a tad early. There’s a bus from Durham arriving in Seaham at 23:12, so a journey even just as far as Hetton or Moorsley that left at around 23:15.

Driving time is a big factor too remember, pretty sure the driver who comes in on that 23:12 65 doesn't have enough time to do much more than go back to the depot, so another run would be harder to do than just send the bus back to Hetton.

Keeiajs

18 Nov 2021, 8:16 pm #60
Wonder if these i'll get USB's
Keeiajs
18 Nov 2021, 8:16 pm #60

Wonder if these i'll get USB's

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average