Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Sunderland District | A new network of brands for services in Sunderland

Sunderland District | A new network of brands for services in Sunderland

Sunderland District | A new network of brands for services in Sunderland

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average

Pages (24) Previous 16 7 824 Next
GNE6312

18 Jul 2021, 9:55 am #121
Ngl I like the berries and the rear designs. GNE seem to be doing well with rear advertising atm with X lines, Green arrows, berries etc
GNE6312
18 Jul 2021, 9:55 am #121

Ngl I like the berries and the rear designs. GNE seem to be doing well with rear advertising atm with X lines, Green arrows, berries etc

Andreos1

18 Jul 2021, 10:26 am #122
(18 Jul 2021, 8:14 am)Dan Not sure what you're getting at here.

As has been said previously, the buses are being re-allocated due to the fact that the "Black Cats" branded Wright Streetlites are Euro 6, and Newcastle are implementing a clean air zone which would require Euro 6 buses to be allocated to routes going into the city. The Euro 5 buses being re-allocated to the routes which currently have Euro 6 buses allocated to them are being repainted into a new livery as a result.

The fact that you're even raising this as a point means that the rear advertising on this bus is effective. It's caught your attention and you've read it.

Each of the nine buses will have a different rear advertisement, with one eye-catching message in a big bold font, with supporting messaging attached to it. 'Fruitful' is the grab here, with supporting messaging for the Washington Local saver ticket (£15 for unlimited travel around Washington).

I'll quite happily admit that I don't particularly like the Sunderland District liveries, but if you compare that against the rear of the buses on this route currently (https://flic.kr/p/WASQPx), I think there's a very clear winner as to which one is communicating the service offering (fares, route, and features) more effectively. Alas, the fare quoted on the rear of all the Streetlites is for the Sunderland Local saver, which isn't actually valid beyond the A19 and is cheaper than the equivalent local saver ticket for Washington...

...which promotes the 15-minute frequency on this route to Sunderland University in the supporting messaging.

8332 carries 'sweet deals' promoting the £3.50 GoLocal Sunderland day ticket:

[Image: 51317696963_5d8f0d712d.jpg]Go North East 8332 NK11 HJC by North East Transport Photos, on Flickr

The point I was making, was in response to your initial post about the rear of the vehicles having info which doesn't stand out.
I'll try and make it a bit clearer for you. 
Why pay to come up with a new livery on the new allocation, when the old livery could have worked just as well? Just with a different rear end.

In times of austerity, with bus companies apparently struggling financially and resource wise, here we have a brand new livery, designed by a mate/long term associate of the MD - when as you quite clearly suggest, the problem with the old livery, was a small proportion relating to a tiny part of the vehicle. 
It would have been cheaper to use the existing livery on the new allocation and use the back end (utilising all of the extra space the Versa has over the Streetlite) to better effect.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
18 Jul 2021, 10:26 am #122

(18 Jul 2021, 8:14 am)Dan Not sure what you're getting at here.

As has been said previously, the buses are being re-allocated due to the fact that the "Black Cats" branded Wright Streetlites are Euro 6, and Newcastle are implementing a clean air zone which would require Euro 6 buses to be allocated to routes going into the city. The Euro 5 buses being re-allocated to the routes which currently have Euro 6 buses allocated to them are being repainted into a new livery as a result.

The fact that you're even raising this as a point means that the rear advertising on this bus is effective. It's caught your attention and you've read it.

Each of the nine buses will have a different rear advertisement, with one eye-catching message in a big bold font, with supporting messaging attached to it. 'Fruitful' is the grab here, with supporting messaging for the Washington Local saver ticket (£15 for unlimited travel around Washington).

I'll quite happily admit that I don't particularly like the Sunderland District liveries, but if you compare that against the rear of the buses on this route currently (https://flic.kr/p/WASQPx), I think there's a very clear winner as to which one is communicating the service offering (fares, route, and features) more effectively. Alas, the fare quoted on the rear of all the Streetlites is for the Sunderland Local saver, which isn't actually valid beyond the A19 and is cheaper than the equivalent local saver ticket for Washington...

...which promotes the 15-minute frequency on this route to Sunderland University in the supporting messaging.

8332 carries 'sweet deals' promoting the £3.50 GoLocal Sunderland day ticket:

[Image: 51317696963_5d8f0d712d.jpg]Go North East 8332 NK11 HJC by North East Transport Photos, on Flickr

The point I was making, was in response to your initial post about the rear of the vehicles having info which doesn't stand out.
I'll try and make it a bit clearer for you. 
Why pay to come up with a new livery on the new allocation, when the old livery could have worked just as well? Just with a different rear end.

In times of austerity, with bus companies apparently struggling financially and resource wise, here we have a brand new livery, designed by a mate/long term associate of the MD - when as you quite clearly suggest, the problem with the old livery, was a small proportion relating to a tiny part of the vehicle. 
It would have been cheaper to use the existing livery on the new allocation and use the back end (utilising all of the extra space the Versa has over the Streetlite) to better effect.

Michael

18 Jul 2021, 1:36 pm #123
(16 Jul 2021, 6:12 pm)Storx You missed the 39/39A. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of them stay corporate though (9 and X6 in particular) with the 39/39A replacing the 9.

My guess:

Pink: 2/2A
Grey: 33/38/38A/938
Purple: 35/55 (Serves Peterlee)
Blue: 61 (Drifter Connection)
Dark Red: 39/39A
Corporate: 9/X6

Completely forgot to reply

Wasn't it said that every service would be under the brand, Sunderland District Fleet livery? Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Jul 2021, 1:36 pm #123

(16 Jul 2021, 6:12 pm)Storx You missed the 39/39A. Wouldn't be surprised to see some of them stay corporate though (9 and X6 in particular) with the 39/39A replacing the 9.

My guess:

Pink: 2/2A
Grey: 33/38/38A/938
Purple: 35/55 (Serves Peterlee)
Blue: 61 (Drifter Connection)
Dark Red: 39/39A
Corporate: 9/X6

Completely forgot to reply

Wasn't it said that every service would be under the brand, Sunderland District Fleet livery? Tongue

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

18 Jul 2021, 2:48 pm #124
(18 Jul 2021, 1:36 pm)Michael Completely forgot to reply

Wasn't it said that every service would be under the brand, Sunderland District Fleet livery?  Tongue
Saw 5471 at Saltmeadows on the 16th painted Two tone blue front light blue  rear darker blue.probably for the Coaster 1/1A No branding or road stripes yet. Ufortunatly would have only been able to get a head on shot of it due to it,s position so no good for new liveries. Also inside were 5335,5336 and another Berries Versa being painted.
ian foster
18 Jul 2021, 2:48 pm #124

Wasn't it said that every service would be under the brand, Sunderland District Fleet livery?  Tongue
Saw 5471 at Saltmeadows on the 16th painted Two tone blue front light blue  rear darker blue.probably for the Coaster 1/1A No branding or road stripes yet. Ufortunatly would have only been able to get a head on shot of it due to it,s position so no good for new liveries. Also inside were 5335,5336 and another Berries Versa being painted.

Michael

18 Jul 2021, 3:00 pm #125
(18 Jul 2021, 2:48 pm)ian foster Saw 5471 at Saltmeadows on the 16th painted Two tone blue front light blue  rear darker blue.probably for the Coaster 1/1A No branding or road stripes yet. Ufortunatly would have only been able to get a head on shot of it due to it,s position so no good for new liveries. Also inside were 5335,5336 and another Berries Versa being painted.

Ye the Black Cat streetlites are going on the 1A/1B.

Wonder which colour(s) the Citaro's will come out as?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Jul 2021, 3:00 pm #125

(18 Jul 2021, 2:48 pm)ian foster Saw 5471 at Saltmeadows on the 16th painted Two tone blue front light blue  rear darker blue.probably for the Coaster 1/1A No branding or road stripes yet. Ufortunatly would have only been able to get a head on shot of it due to it,s position so no good for new liveries. Also inside were 5335,5336 and another Berries Versa being painted.

Ye the Black Cat streetlites are going on the 1A/1B.

Wonder which colour(s) the Citaro's will come out as?

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Train8261

18 Jul 2021, 3:01 pm #126
Tbh the StreetLite look really nice in that blue now.

Isn't 5335 5336 the Ex Sunderland Nightingale Buses
Train8261
18 Jul 2021, 3:01 pm #126

Tbh the StreetLite look really nice in that blue now.

Michael

18 Jul 2021, 3:03 pm #127
(18 Jul 2021, 3:01 pm)Train8261 Tbh the StreetLite look really nice in that blue now.

Ye along side 5334

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Jul 2021, 3:03 pm #127

(18 Jul 2021, 3:01 pm)Train8261 Tbh the StreetLite look really nice in that blue now.

Ye along side 5334

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Train8261

18 Jul 2021, 3:05 pm #128
If its them 3 then possible just removing the rainbow at the back and putting them 2019 corp
Train8261
18 Jul 2021, 3:05 pm #128

If its them 3 then possible just removing the rainbow at the back and putting them 2019 corp

Michael

18 Jul 2021, 3:11 pm #129
(18 Jul 2021, 3:05 pm)Train8261 If its them 3 then possible just removing the rainbow at the back and putting them 2019 corp

Could go back to Deptford in one of the "Sunderland District" routes.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
18 Jul 2021, 3:11 pm #129

(18 Jul 2021, 3:05 pm)Train8261 If its them 3 then possible just removing the rainbow at the back and putting them 2019 corp

Could go back to Deptford in one of the "Sunderland District" routes.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

Storx

18 Jul 2021, 4:20 pm #130

Not too sure tbh, the X6 could be classed as Peterlee though instead I guess to get around it. All X services we're meant to be X Lines aswell but we've got the X6 and X22 not in it so who knows tbh.

Just be surprised for them to repaint the Streetlites on the 9 again since they were only done last year but the Solo that had accident damage got put into Peterlee Local base livery roughly the same time. Maybe that's classed as a South Tyneside service instead since most the route is outside Sunderland to be fair, having a Sunderland District service in Hebburn is a bit out of place. Apart from the 55 between Easington Lane and Wingate and the 61 believe the rest of the routes are in the Sunderland area.
Storx
18 Jul 2021, 4:20 pm #130

Not too sure tbh, the X6 could be classed as Peterlee though instead I guess to get around it. All X services we're meant to be X Lines aswell but we've got the X6 and X22 not in it so who knows tbh.

Just be surprised for them to repaint the Streetlites on the 9 again since they were only done last year but the Solo that had accident damage got put into Peterlee Local base livery roughly the same time. Maybe that's classed as a South Tyneside service instead since most the route is outside Sunderland to be fair, having a Sunderland District service in Hebburn is a bit out of place. Apart from the 55 between Easington Lane and Wingate and the 61 believe the rest of the routes are in the Sunderland area.

18 Jul 2021, 5:00 pm #131
(18 Jul 2021, 4:20 pm)Storx Not too sure tbh, the X6 could be classed as Peterlee though instead I guess to get around it. All X services we're meant to be X Lines aswell but we've got the X6 and X22 not in it so who knows tbh.

X6 was one of the first X-Lines routes, but obviously it's now been debranded. 

As for the X22, that was never intended to be part of X-Lines, same with X66. They were both going to be getting their own branding.
streetdeckfan
18 Jul 2021, 5:00 pm #131

(18 Jul 2021, 4:20 pm)Storx Not too sure tbh, the X6 could be classed as Peterlee though instead I guess to get around it. All X services we're meant to be X Lines aswell but we've got the X6 and X22 not in it so who knows tbh.

X6 was one of the first X-Lines routes, but obviously it's now been debranded. 

As for the X22, that was never intended to be part of X-Lines, same with X66. They were both going to be getting their own branding.

cbma06

18 Jul 2021, 5:27 pm #132

Under the SDO , the buses used to go further a field and not just in Sunderland area, SDO services used to go to Newcastle, Durham, Bishop Auckland, South Shields etc…..

All services in Sunderland will be under the Sunderland District Brand, except for service 20/56/60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
18 Jul 2021, 5:27 pm #132

Under the SDO , the buses used to go further a field and not just in Sunderland area, SDO services used to go to Newcastle, Durham, Bishop Auckland, South Shields etc…..

All services in Sunderland will be under the Sunderland District Brand, except for service 20/56/60.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Acky81

22 Jul 2021, 9:32 am #133
Any photos of the repainted black cats into blue. I rode the 2 for the first time the other day on a berry versa. Felt so cramped to the streetlite. Horrible
Acky81
22 Jul 2021, 9:32 am #133

Any photos of the repainted black cats into blue. I rode the 2 for the first time the other day on a berry versa. Felt so cramped to the streetlite. Horrible

22 Jul 2021, 10:10 am #134
(22 Jul 2021, 9:32 am)Acky81 Any photos of the repainted black cats into blue. I rode the 2 for the first time the other day on a berry versa. Felt so cramped to the streetlite. Horrible

Was that a compliment for a Streetlite?
streetdeckfan
22 Jul 2021, 10:10 am #134

(22 Jul 2021, 9:32 am)Acky81 Any photos of the repainted black cats into blue. I rode the 2 for the first time the other day on a berry versa. Felt so cramped to the streetlite. Horrible

Was that a compliment for a Streetlite?

22 Jul 2021, 1:44 pm #135
[Image: 51327168967_f454a3d003_5k.jpg]Go North East 8333 / NK11 HJV by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Back in service today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
22 Jul 2021, 1:44 pm #135

[Image: 51327168967_f454a3d003_5k.jpg]Go North East 8333 / NK11 HJV by kieron mathews, on Flickr

Back in service today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

22 Jul 2021, 2:05 pm #136
I cannot think of anything good about the Streetlites, heck they don't even have a habit of self combustion to redeem themselves.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
22 Jul 2021, 2:05 pm #136

I cannot think of anything good about the Streetlites, heck they don't even have a habit of self combustion to redeem themselves.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

22 Jul 2021, 2:24 pm #137
(22 Jul 2021, 2:05 pm)Rapidsnap I cannot think of anything good about the Streetlites, heck they don't even have a habit of self combustion to redeem themselves.

I quite like the styling of the Streetlite, and I like how spacious it feels inside with the relatively high ceiling.

And, after trying out the modified Streetlites that don't have the rattling door and bone shaking idle, they're quite a nice ride too. Suspension is a bit firm, but I think that's the case with most new vehicles these days.

I wonder if Wrightbus will upgrade the suspension in new Streetlites the way they have on the new StreetDecks, if they do I think they'll be genuinely decent.
streetdeckfan
22 Jul 2021, 2:24 pm #137

(22 Jul 2021, 2:05 pm)Rapidsnap I cannot think of anything good about the Streetlites, heck they don't even have a habit of self combustion to redeem themselves.

I quite like the styling of the Streetlite, and I like how spacious it feels inside with the relatively high ceiling.

And, after trying out the modified Streetlites that don't have the rattling door and bone shaking idle, they're quite a nice ride too. Suspension is a bit firm, but I think that's the case with most new vehicles these days.

I wonder if Wrightbus will upgrade the suspension in new Streetlites the way they have on the new StreetDecks, if they do I think they'll be genuinely decent.

Acky81

22 Jul 2021, 3:12 pm #138
Streetlite gets my vote
Acky81
22 Jul 2021, 3:12 pm #138

Streetlite gets my vote

23 Jul 2021, 2:07 am #139
[Image: b49f5d1c8a3d77d5acb9f18ba64e9a80.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone XS using Tapatalk
TEN 6083
23 Jul 2021, 2:07 am #139

[Image: b49f5d1c8a3d77d5acb9f18ba64e9a80.jpg]

Andreos1

23 Jul 2021, 7:41 am #140
(23 Jul 2021, 2:07 am)TEN 6083 [Image: b49f5d1c8a3d77d5acb9f18ba64e9a80.jpg]

Let's hope that Merc doesn't catch fire. Otherwise it will literally be someone popping their cherry!

Andreos1
23 Jul 2021, 7:41 am #140

(23 Jul 2021, 2:07 am)TEN 6083 [Image: b49f5d1c8a3d77d5acb9f18ba64e9a80.jpg]

Let's hope that Merc doesn't catch fire. Otherwise it will literally be someone popping their cherry!

Pages (24) Previous 16 7 824 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average