Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

North East BSIP: £804 Million Pound Plan For North East Buses

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (13): Previous 1 2 313 Next
ne14ne1

22 Oct 2021, 1:42 pm #21
(22 Oct 2021, 1:41 pm)Wybus The stack site would be ideal, whats the long term plan for that area, and that horrendous brutalist building that hangs over the road next to it?

That’s a prime city block. It wouldn’t get used as a bus station.

A large office development has recently been proposed for the Stack, Dex Garage and brutalist building site.
ne14ne1
22 Oct 2021, 1:42 pm #21

(22 Oct 2021, 1:41 pm)Wybus The stack site would be ideal, whats the long term plan for that area, and that horrendous brutalist building that hangs over the road next to it?

That’s a prime city block. It wouldn’t get used as a bus station.

A large office development has recently been proposed for the Stack, Dex Garage and brutalist building site.

Ambassador

22 Oct 2021, 1:59 pm #22
(22 Oct 2021, 1:42 pm)ne14ne1 That’s a prime city block. It wouldn’t get used as a bus station.

Yep, all earned by the Rueben Bros (Dex comes down this week or next too). That area is also being made no traffic which is another blocker! 

My issue, as ever, with these things is that they are in the hands of councils and local authorities who particularly in the North East are woefully inadequate. Martin Gannon is a disaster zone who has run Gateshead into the ground and will blame anyone but himself.

The immediate priority should be proper integrated ticketing and contactless payments on all buses (including contracts)

And Superbus? Is it the 90/00s again? We've tried all this, it didn't work.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
22 Oct 2021, 1:59 pm #22

(22 Oct 2021, 1:42 pm)ne14ne1 That’s a prime city block. It wouldn’t get used as a bus station.

Yep, all earned by the Rueben Bros (Dex comes down this week or next too). That area is also being made no traffic which is another blocker! 

My issue, as ever, with these things is that they are in the hands of councils and local authorities who particularly in the North East are woefully inadequate. Martin Gannon is a disaster zone who has run Gateshead into the ground and will blame anyone but himself.

The immediate priority should be proper integrated ticketing and contactless payments on all buses (including contracts)

And Superbus? Is it the 90/00s again? We've tried all this, it didn't work.

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

Malarkey

22 Oct 2021, 8:40 pm #23

Owned as stated by the Reuben Brothers who have planning permission to build new offices for HMRC on the site with The Stack potentially being moved over towards Science City.

With regards to a new Bus Station i'd have it in the area of where Haymarket is on Percy Street and close it to normal traffic with the exception of business deliveries.
Malarkey
22 Oct 2021, 8:40 pm #23

Owned as stated by the Reuben Brothers who have planning permission to build new offices for HMRC on the site with The Stack potentially being moved over towards Science City.

With regards to a new Bus Station i'd have it in the area of where Haymarket is on Percy Street and close it to normal traffic with the exception of business deliveries.

22 Oct 2021, 10:58 pm #24
(22 Oct 2021, 8:40 pm)Malarkey Owned as stated by the Reuben Brothers who have planning permission to build new offices for HMRC on the site with The Stack potentially being moved over towards Science City.

Was going to suggest St Thomas Street or Newgate Street, but both of those would only be shelters rather than an actual interchange.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/
ASX_Terranova
22 Oct 2021, 10:58 pm #24

(22 Oct 2021, 8:40 pm)Malarkey Owned as stated by the Reuben Brothers who have planning permission to build new offices for HMRC on the site with The Stack potentially being moved over towards Science City.

Was going to suggest St Thomas Street or Newgate Street, but both of those would only be shelters rather than an actual interchange.

Twitter: @ASX_Terranova
Blog: https://asxterranova.home.blog/

Storx

23 Oct 2021, 7:21 am #25

Makes no sense having another bus station there since the buses have to trail through Newcastle to get to it, any new bus station needs to be at the Southern / Eastern side of the city close to the Tyne Bridge or it's a waste of time.

If you moved the Consett and Metro Centre buses away from the North of the city there's more than enough capacity up there.
Storx
23 Oct 2021, 7:21 am #25

Makes no sense having another bus station there since the buses have to trail through Newcastle to get to it, any new bus station needs to be at the Southern / Eastern side of the city close to the Tyne Bridge or it's a waste of time.

If you moved the Consett and Metro Centre buses away from the North of the city there's more than enough capacity up there.

23 Oct 2021, 7:23 am #26
(22 Oct 2021, 11:41 am)Storx Aye no arguments here, we need much better trains up in particular imo. Like we have the ECML passing through numerous towns but there's no stops since it's overloaded and it can't have a service. Killingworth, Ferryhill, North Durham, Birtley, Low Fell / Team Valley, Dudley, Langley Moor, North Darlington just to name a few. Crazy really.

I don't know if you have seen, but the regime has pulled the plug on the Leamside, so that's the end of any hopes for public transport relief south of Newcastle
54APhotography
23 Oct 2021, 7:23 am #26

(22 Oct 2021, 11:41 am)Storx Aye no arguments here, we need much better trains up in particular imo. Like we have the ECML passing through numerous towns but there's no stops since it's overloaded and it can't have a service. Killingworth, Ferryhill, North Durham, Birtley, Low Fell / Team Valley, Dudley, Langley Moor, North Darlington just to name a few. Crazy really.

I don't know if you have seen, but the regime has pulled the plug on the Leamside, so that's the end of any hopes for public transport relief south of Newcastle

Storx

23 Oct 2021, 7:32 am #27
(23 Oct 2021, 7:23 am)54APhotography I don't know if you have seen, but the regime has pulled the plug on the Leamside, so that's the end of any hopes for public transport relief south of Newcastle

Don't think it was ever planned was it? It definitely needs doing it for extra capacity on the ECML nevermind for the local links. The Northern Powerhouse Rail stuff is the biggest joke though, might aswell be called Manchester Rail, levelling up my arse biggest joke around.
Storx
23 Oct 2021, 7:32 am #27

(23 Oct 2021, 7:23 am)54APhotography I don't know if you have seen, but the regime has pulled the plug on the Leamside, so that's the end of any hopes for public transport relief south of Newcastle

Don't think it was ever planned was it? It definitely needs doing it for extra capacity on the ECML nevermind for the local links. The Northern Powerhouse Rail stuff is the biggest joke though, might aswell be called Manchester Rail, levelling up my arse biggest joke around.

23 Oct 2021, 8:24 am #28
(23 Oct 2021, 7:32 am)Storx Don't think it was ever planned was it? It definitely needs doing it for extra capacity on the ECML nevermind for the local links. The Northern Powerhouse Rail stuff is the biggest joke though, might aswell be called Manchester Rail, levelling up my arse biggest joke around.
It was, and passed the first stage of DfT assessment. Looks like all 'northern powerhouse' is dead now. no HS2 to Liverpool or very probably Leeds, some crap about upgrading Standedge that's it..

Ultimately it's us that lose out, and even Bebside for Blyth looks dead as they cut back on commitments for Ashington,.
54APhotography
23 Oct 2021, 8:24 am #28

(23 Oct 2021, 7:32 am)Storx Don't think it was ever planned was it? It definitely needs doing it for extra capacity on the ECML nevermind for the local links. The Northern Powerhouse Rail stuff is the biggest joke though, might aswell be called Manchester Rail, levelling up my arse biggest joke around.
It was, and passed the first stage of DfT assessment. Looks like all 'northern powerhouse' is dead now. no HS2 to Liverpool or very probably Leeds, some crap about upgrading Standedge that's it..

Ultimately it's us that lose out, and even Bebside for Blyth looks dead as they cut back on commitments for Ashington,.

23 Oct 2021, 8:37 am #29
New bus station Worswick street anyone ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
atlantean560
23 Oct 2021, 8:37 am #29

New bus station Worswick street anyone ?

ne14ne1

23 Oct 2021, 8:44 am #30
(23 Oct 2021, 8:37 am)atlantean560 New bus station Worswick street anyone ?

Where? There’s no room on Worswick St.
ne14ne1
23 Oct 2021, 8:44 am #30

(23 Oct 2021, 8:37 am)atlantean560 New bus station Worswick street anyone ?

Where? There’s no room on Worswick St.

Storx

23 Oct 2021, 10:26 am #31
(23 Oct 2021, 8:24 am)54APhotography It was, and passed the first stage of DfT assessment. Looks like all 'northern powerhouse' is dead now. no HS2 to Liverpool or very probably Leeds, some crap about upgrading Standedge that's it..

Never realised it got onto the GRIP stages. It's a shame really tbh and it's grim. HS2 to Leeds is dead like, seen we're not getting any of the devolution funds neither since the Southern half of the county still refuse to come together.

I think Bebside is going ahead now, mainly because of Levy and the outburst that came, without him it would've been a gonna though.
Storx
23 Oct 2021, 10:26 am #31

(23 Oct 2021, 8:24 am)54APhotography It was, and passed the first stage of DfT assessment. Looks like all 'northern powerhouse' is dead now. no HS2 to Liverpool or very probably Leeds, some crap about upgrading Standedge that's it..

Never realised it got onto the GRIP stages. It's a shame really tbh and it's grim. HS2 to Leeds is dead like, seen we're not getting any of the devolution funds neither since the Southern half of the county still refuse to come together.

I think Bebside is going ahead now, mainly because of Levy and the outburst that came, without him it would've been a gonna though.

cbma06

26 Oct 2021, 7:14 am #32
North East councils 'incredibly disappointed' as region excluded from £7bn transport boost

Council leaders have been left “incredibly disappointed” after the North East was excluded from a £7bn boost for transport outside of London.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...d-21966236

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
26 Oct 2021, 7:14 am #32

North East councils 'incredibly disappointed' as region excluded from £7bn transport boost

Council leaders have been left “incredibly disappointed” after the North East was excluded from a £7bn boost for transport outside of London.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...d-21966236

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 Oct 2021, 7:23 am #33
Well, well. Yet again the North-East loses out. First the rail improvements and increase in capacity scrapped, and now this... Special thanks to those in Blyth Valley, Hexham, Bishop Auckland, Middlesbrough South, Stockton South, Darlington, Hartlepool, Redcar and North West Durham. 

Levelling up, or simply levelling us out..
54APhotography
26 Oct 2021, 7:23 am #33

Well, well. Yet again the North-East loses out. First the rail improvements and increase in capacity scrapped, and now this... Special thanks to those in Blyth Valley, Hexham, Bishop Auckland, Middlesbrough South, Stockton South, Darlington, Hartlepool, Redcar and North West Durham. 

Storx

26 Oct 2021, 10:04 am #34
(26 Oct 2021, 7:23 am)54APhotography Well, well. Yet again the North-East loses out. First the rail improvements and increase in capacity scrapped, and now this... Special thanks to those in Blyth Valley, Hexham, Bishop Auckland, Middlesbrough South, Stockton South, Darlington, Hartlepool, Redcar and North West Durham. 

It's Gateshead, South Tyneside, Sunderland and Durham who are the problem here for refusing to join the North East devolution. Tees Valley are getting money though, they've been saying it's for devolved regions only for ages and the councils South of the Tyne are refusing to join it. County Durham is particular who are being petty and are going their own way.
Storx
26 Oct 2021, 10:04 am #34

(26 Oct 2021, 7:23 am)54APhotography Well, well. Yet again the North-East loses out. First the rail improvements and increase in capacity scrapped, and now this... Special thanks to those in Blyth Valley, Hexham, Bishop Auckland, Middlesbrough South, Stockton South, Darlington, Hartlepool, Redcar and North West Durham. 

It's Gateshead, South Tyneside, Sunderland and Durham who are the problem here for refusing to join the North East devolution. Tees Valley are getting money though, they've been saying it's for devolved regions only for ages and the councils South of the Tyne are refusing to join it. County Durham is particular who are being petty and are going their own way.

26 Oct 2021, 10:13 am #35
It was they who screwed up so much EURDF money in the past. Diabolical, but saying that if the regime had any intention of improving services they would have overridden the authorities. This could so easily have been avoided.
54APhotography
26 Oct 2021, 10:13 am #35

It was they who screwed up so much EURDF money in the past. Diabolical, but saying that if the regime had any intention of improving services they would have overridden the authorities. This could so easily have been avoided.

Michael

26 Oct 2021, 4:23 pm #36
Transport leaders have today (Tuesday 26 October) approved the region’s Bus Service Improvement Plan (BSIP) at a meeting of the North East Joint Transport Committee.

The BSIP is new £804 million bid to Government which transport leaders are confident would dramatically transform bus services across the North East and greatly improve the bus network for millions of passengers as well as helping the environment.

https://www.transportnortheast.gov.uk/la...ment-plan/

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
26 Oct 2021, 4:23 pm #36

Transport leaders have today (Tuesday 26 October) approved the region’s Bus Service Improvement Plan (BSIP) at a meeting of the North East Joint Transport Committee.

The BSIP is new £804 million bid to Government which transport leaders are confident would dramatically transform bus services across the North East and greatly improve the bus network for millions of passengers as well as helping the environment.

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

26 Oct 2021, 4:31 pm #37
So they finally saw sense. Well, let's hope for progress, and not just paintjobs.
54APhotography
26 Oct 2021, 4:31 pm #37

So they finally saw sense. Well, let's hope for progress, and not just paintjobs.

26 Oct 2021, 6:25 pm #38
(26 Oct 2021, 4:31 pm)54APhotography So they finally saw sense. Well, let's hope for progress, and not just paintjobs.

Hopefully it means better for everyone too, across county boundaries and not being centred on services within Nexus land, or within County Durham etc.
deanmachine
26 Oct 2021, 6:25 pm #38

(26 Oct 2021, 4:31 pm)54APhotography So they finally saw sense. Well, let's hope for progress, and not just paintjobs.

Hopefully it means better for everyone too, across county boundaries and not being centred on services within Nexus land, or within County Durham etc.

Adrian

26 Oct 2021, 6:46 pm #39
(26 Oct 2021, 4:23 pm)Michael Transport leaders have today (Tuesday 26 October) approved the region’s Bus Service Improvement Plan (BSIP) at a meeting of the North East Joint Transport Committee. 

Still no publication of the plan. In true fashion, the largest stakeholder (customers) are the last to know... got to brief the press and such first of course!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
26 Oct 2021, 6:46 pm #39

(26 Oct 2021, 4:23 pm)Michael Transport leaders have today (Tuesday 26 October) approved the region’s Bus Service Improvement Plan (BSIP) at a meeting of the North East Joint Transport Committee. 

Still no publication of the plan. In true fashion, the largest stakeholder (customers) are the last to know... got to brief the press and such first of course!

Adrian

26 Oct 2021, 6:51 pm #40
(26 Oct 2021, 10:04 am)Storx It's Gateshead, South Tyneside, Sunderland and Durham who are the problem here for refusing to join the North East devolution. Tees Valley are getting money though, they've been saying it's for devolved regions only for ages and the councils South of the Tyne are refusing to join it. County Durham is particular who are being petty and are going their own way.

I just can't see it happening. North of Tyne only happened because Nick Forbes thought he was a shoe-in for the job.

The LA7 council leaderships are far too parochial for a North East devolution to happen. Even with the change of administration in Durham, it's largely speaking more of the same.

Adrian
26 Oct 2021, 6:51 pm #40

(26 Oct 2021, 10:04 am)Storx It's Gateshead, South Tyneside, Sunderland and Durham who are the problem here for refusing to join the North East devolution. Tees Valley are getting money though, they've been saying it's for devolved regions only for ages and the councils South of the Tyne are refusing to join it. County Durham is particular who are being petty and are going their own way.

I just can't see it happening. North of Tyne only happened because Nick Forbes thought he was a shoe-in for the job.

The LA7 council leaderships are far too parochial for a North East devolution to happen. Even with the change of administration in Durham, it's largely speaking more of the same.

Pages (13): Previous 1 2 313 Next

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average