Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East turning around buses before the reach there destination

turning around buses before the reach there destination

turning around buses before the reach there destination

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rob44

29 Nov 2021, 8:07 am #1
Im sure this has been mentioned on her before but last night i was waiting for the 28b back home in the freeze rain and ice of market street. no shelter and now they've decided to put a bus stop not in use sign on the bus stop, although it quite obviously isn't as i got on the bus there,,,, anyway when my bus  pulled in it was heaving which is very unusual., when i got on and paid i mentioned that it was unusual to have this many and the driver told me they had turned around a 56 at Gateshead due to late running. that when the30 odd people at the bus stop started asking him if he had seen a 56 as they had waited from 730pm and it was now after 8.  They were not happy!!

to give the driver his due he was honest about it and told they what had happened rather than the normal shrug of his shoulders.

He also said chester le street were 27 boards down yesterday ( not sure what that means)

and the reason the 28, 28a and 28b dont run from eldon square is due to SNE wanting more space for their buses at GNE expence.
Rob44
29 Nov 2021, 8:07 am #1

Im sure this has been mentioned on her before but last night i was waiting for the 28b back home in the freeze rain and ice of market street. no shelter and now they've decided to put a bus stop not in use sign on the bus stop, although it quite obviously isn't as i got on the bus there,,,, anyway when my bus  pulled in it was heaving which is very unusual., when i got on and paid i mentioned that it was unusual to have this many and the driver told me they had turned around a 56 at Gateshead due to late running. that when the30 odd people at the bus stop started asking him if he had seen a 56 as they had waited from 730pm and it was now after 8.  They were not happy!!

to give the driver his due he was honest about it and told they what had happened rather than the normal shrug of his shoulders.

He also said chester le street were 27 boards down yesterday ( not sure what that means)

and the reason the 28, 28a and 28b dont run from eldon square is due to SNE wanting more space for their buses at GNE expence.

29 Nov 2021, 8:11 am #2
(29 Nov 2021, 8:07 am)Rob44 Im sure this has been mentioned on her before but last night i was waiting for the 28b back home in the freeze rain and ice of market street. no shelter and now they've decided to put a bus stop not in use sign on the bus stop, although it quite obviously isn't as i got on the bus there,,,, anyway when my bus  pulled in it was heaving which is very unusual., when i got on and paid i mentioned that it was unusual to have this many and the driver told me they had turned around a 56 at Gateshead due to late running. that when the30 odd people at the bus stop started asking him if he had seen a 56 as they had waited from 730pm and it was now after 8.  They were not happy!!

I'm 50/50 on terminating buses early at Gateshead.
On one hand, if a bus is running late it can get them back on schedule, and it's not really much of a hardship for passengers to change at Gateshead when there's basically a bus every minute.
The issue is passengers waiting in Newcastle, who due to relatively poor comms from GNE (unless you're a Twitter addict), and lack of live update screens from NEXUS, don't know that the service is cancelled!
streetdeckfan
29 Nov 2021, 8:11 am #2

(29 Nov 2021, 8:07 am)Rob44 Im sure this has been mentioned on her before but last night i was waiting for the 28b back home in the freeze rain and ice of market street. no shelter and now they've decided to put a bus stop not in use sign on the bus stop, although it quite obviously isn't as i got on the bus there,,,, anyway when my bus  pulled in it was heaving which is very unusual., when i got on and paid i mentioned that it was unusual to have this many and the driver told me they had turned around a 56 at Gateshead due to late running. that when the30 odd people at the bus stop started asking him if he had seen a 56 as they had waited from 730pm and it was now after 8.  They were not happy!!

I'm 50/50 on terminating buses early at Gateshead.
On one hand, if a bus is running late it can get them back on schedule, and it's not really much of a hardship for passengers to change at Gateshead when there's basically a bus every minute.
The issue is passengers waiting in Newcastle, who due to relatively poor comms from GNE (unless you're a Twitter addict), and lack of live update screens from NEXUS, don't know that the service is cancelled!

Rob44

29 Nov 2021, 8:35 am #3
whilst its true that you can board a bus to Gateshead at market street I'm not sure there's a bus every minute at 8om on a Sunday night., remembering you have now lost the option of the 21 or the x1 to Gateshead due to those leaving from Eldon square. As for getting the bus back on time its sort of sacrificing one set of passengers for the benefit of another. And what's to say the next 56 wasn't going to be turned around to if that was late?
Rob44
29 Nov 2021, 8:35 am #3

whilst its true that you can board a bus to Gateshead at market street I'm not sure there's a bus every minute at 8om on a Sunday night., remembering you have now lost the option of the 21 or the x1 to Gateshead due to those leaving from Eldon square. As for getting the bus back on time its sort of sacrificing one set of passengers for the benefit of another. And what's to say the next 56 wasn't going to be turned around to if that was late?

Keeiajs

29 Nov 2021, 10:20 pm #4
X1 always does it, wouldn't be so bad if they did it when it terminated at Easington Lane, however when I have seen it, it has always been either Peterlee or Dalton park one, which is really ridiculous.
Keeiajs
29 Nov 2021, 10:20 pm #4

X1 always does it, wouldn't be so bad if they did it when it terminated at Easington Lane, however when I have seen it, it has always been either Peterlee or Dalton park one, which is really ridiculous.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average