Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Santa Bus Routes

Santa Bus Routes

Santa Bus Routes

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Train8261

03 Dec 2021, 9:28 am #1
Under timetables & maps on Go North East website. You can now view the days and map the santa bus will take

Small thing I've noticed with the North Tyneside one is that it is split into two parts of the route during the day
Train8261
03 Dec 2021, 9:28 am #1

Under timetables & maps on Go North East website. You can now view the days and map the santa bus will take

Small thing I've noticed with the North Tyneside one is that it is split into two parts of the route during the day

Michael

03 Dec 2021, 6:00 pm #2
Full info can be found here:

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/santa-bus

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.
Michael
03 Dec 2021, 6:00 pm #2

Full info can be found here:

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/santa-bus

Ooo Friend, Bus Friend.

03 Dec 2021, 8:54 pm #3
(03 Dec 2021, 9:28 am)Train8261 Under timetables & maps on Go North East website. You can now view the days and map the santa bus will take

Benwell westbound in prime time if the sun wishes to pop out
54APhotography
03 Dec 2021, 8:54 pm #3

(03 Dec 2021, 9:28 am)Train8261 Under timetables & maps on Go North East website. You can now view the days and map the santa bus will take

Benwell westbound in prime time if the sun wishes to pop out

BusLoverMum

05 Dec 2021, 12:52 am #4
Both Durham trips avoiding pity me and fram.
BusLoverMum
05 Dec 2021, 12:52 am #4

Both Durham trips avoiding pity me and fram.

DeltaMan

05 Dec 2021, 12:59 pm #5
When operators are fully staffed, then its a nice thing to do. But I can't help but feel some current rank and file drivers will be rather annoyed seeing this go ahead when they are probably being asked every day to do overtime to cover bread and butter service work. It's quite easily the sort of thing you could see a Northen Echo headline about.
DeltaMan
05 Dec 2021, 12:59 pm #5

When operators are fully staffed, then its a nice thing to do. But I can't help but feel some current rank and file drivers will be rather annoyed seeing this go ahead when they are probably being asked every day to do overtime to cover bread and butter service work. It's quite easily the sort of thing you could see a Northen Echo headline about.

05 Dec 2021, 1:25 pm #6
Isn't it normally office staff that drives the Santa bus, sure that was the case last year.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
05 Dec 2021, 1:25 pm #6

Isn't it normally office staff that drives the Santa bus, sure that was the case last year.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

05 Dec 2021, 4:00 pm #7
(05 Dec 2021, 12:59 pm)DeltaMan When operators are fully staffed, then its a nice thing to do. But I can't help but feel some current rank and file drivers will be rather annoyed seeing this go ahead when they are probably being asked every day to do overtime to cover bread and butter service work.  It's quite easily the sort of thing you could see a Northen Echo headline about.

To be fair, it's been ran out of Deptford, who aren't struggling for drivers.
deanmachine
05 Dec 2021, 4:00 pm #7

(05 Dec 2021, 12:59 pm)DeltaMan When operators are fully staffed, then its a nice thing to do. But I can't help but feel some current rank and file drivers will be rather annoyed seeing this go ahead when they are probably being asked every day to do overtime to cover bread and butter service work.  It's quite easily the sort of thing you could see a Northen Echo headline about.

To be fair, it's been ran out of Deptford, who aren't struggling for drivers.

Adrian

05 Dec 2021, 6:17 pm #8

I'd say its a good example of community engagement and welcome it, but I can see the other side of the argument and recognise that if someone is stood waiting for their bus that's been cancelled, they aren't going to be best pleased seeing a PR bus go floating past.

On overtime: isn't it optional? I'm not sure why drivers would get annoyed over it, if they can refuse to do it if they don't fancy it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
05 Dec 2021, 6:17 pm #8

I'd say its a good example of community engagement and welcome it, but I can see the other side of the argument and recognise that if someone is stood waiting for their bus that's been cancelled, they aren't going to be best pleased seeing a PR bus go floating past.

On overtime: isn't it optional? I'm not sure why drivers would get annoyed over it, if they can refuse to do it if they don't fancy it.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

06 Dec 2021, 1:12 am #9
SB18 - this specific route looks like the yellow line on the metro or at least closley resembles it. Albeit in the wrong location.
logidoodah
06 Dec 2021, 1:12 am #9

SB18 - this specific route looks like the yellow line on the metro or at least closley resembles it. Albeit in the wrong location.

12 Dec 2021, 9:43 pm #10
How are these Santa bus routes decided upon? Benwell isn't traditionally GNE but gets a Santa bus, yet Kingston Park has the 42A, but no Santa bus and there is the 74 in Cowgate, Slatyford and Westerhope, but no Santa bus.
OrangeArrow49
12 Dec 2021, 9:43 pm #10

How are these Santa bus routes decided upon? Benwell isn't traditionally GNE but gets a Santa bus, yet Kingston Park has the 42A, but no Santa bus and there is the 74 in Cowgate, Slatyford and Westerhope, but no Santa bus.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average