Destination Displays

67 Replies, 3233 Views

I might be living under a rock but bar 1 service a day none of them stop in Newcastle anyway so don't really see the point in changing it personally, assuming this was because it was boxing day where they were running short.
Go North East have now implemented 'Full Bus' displays, I first saw this today, earlier on the 20 coming in Park Lane from Durham. 

It had 20 South Shields etc then flashed to 20 Bus Full. 

Tbh This should have been brought in a few months ago.
They've been a thing for almost two years though?
(17 Jan 2022, 8:40 pm)omnicity4659 Wrote: They've been a thing for almost two years though?
It used to be for social distancing, I have seen some immensely busy buses and it was the first time i have seen it used. 

It wasn't even used for the 3 packed X1's I saw.
(17 Jan 2022, 9:55 pm)Omega54 Wrote: It used to be for social distancing, I have seen some immensely busy buses and it was the first time i have seen it used. 

It wasn't even used for the 3 packed X1's I saw.

It was never removed, it's just driver's who have forgotten it's there or can't be bothered to use it.
What's the score with them being used? I thought it removed the service number and destination from the display to replace it with a bus full message, so if for example the DVSA were out doing spot checks, how would they know that the service has operated?
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Visit my Buses & Beyond website. Also on Facebook.
(18 Jan 2022, 6:38 pm)Adrian Wrote: What's the score with them being used? I thought it removed the service number and destination from the display to replace it with a bus full message, so if for example the DVSA were out doing spot checks, how would they know that the service has operated?

Still displays the route number all the time, and flips back and forth between the destination and "Bus Full".
(Yesterday, 4:02 pm)deanmachine Wrote: Still displays the route number all the time, and flips back and forth between the destination and "Bus Full".
When the bus is full do you use them?