Enviro 400MMC's for the X9 and X10

249 Replies, 14751 Views

(18 Jan 2022, 1:55 pm)Adrian Wrote: Do Newcastle to Dalton Park and back? You'll get a decent run on the A19 that way, and it's just over 20 minutes wait for the return journey back.

Probably won't have time, so just thought it might be possible to get on it for one stop just because the coaches are going.
(18 Jan 2022, 2:04 pm)OrangeArrow49 Wrote: Probably won't have time, so just thought it might be possible to get on it for one stop just because the coaches are going.

It is. There's nothing stopping you doing Newcastle to Gateshead.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Visit my Buses & Beyond website. Also on Facebook.
(18 Jan 2022, 2:02 pm)streetdeckfan Wrote: Only if you buy the X10 ticket, even going from Newcastle to Gateshead you need it

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

How long has this been the case?
(18 Jan 2022, 2:08 pm)Adrian Wrote: It is. There's nothing stopping you doing Newcastle to Gateshead.

Just because of a lack of time, otherwise it would have been a good idea to go Newcastle to Dalton Park and back.
(18 Jan 2022, 2:27 pm)Rob44 Wrote: How long has this been the case?

Since Go Zones were introduced.

An X9/X10 North day ticket is a £1 more expensive than the Go Zones All Day ticket at the moment, due to the ongoing Summer fares offer from last year, but they're normally the same price.
Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Visit my Buses & Beyond website. Also on Facebook.
(18 Jan 2022, 2:02 pm)streetdeckfan Wrote: Only if you buy the X10 ticket, even going from Newcastle to Gateshead you need it

Yeah I'm getting an X10 North ticket and hoping it's valid on all Go North East buses, as I was originally getting the All Zones, but now want to ride on an X-lines coach before they go if they are still on.
(18 Jan 2022, 2:39 pm)Adrian Wrote: Since Go Zones were introduced.

An X9/X10 North day ticket is a £1 more expensive than the Go Zones All Day ticket at the moment, due to the ongoing Summer fares offer from last year, but they're normally the same price.

Hmm i wonder how long ago that was. Just i remember me and the fun police getting the x10 ( i think). it was going to the boro and when we got on he queried me with my purple day ticket and her with her all zone network1 bus pass. We both said Gateshead, he gave us a funny look and nothing more was said. We were the only 2 to get off at Gateshead though which inst normally the case on any service we get across tyne.
(18 Jan 2022, 2:49 pm)Rob44 Wrote: Hmm i wonder how long ago that was. Just i remember me and the fun police getting the x10 ( i think). it was going to the boro and when we got on he queried me with my purple day ticket and her with her all zone network1 bus pass. We both said Gateshead, he gave us a funny look and nothing more was said. We were the only 2 to get off at Gateshead though which inst normally the case on any service we get across tyne.
It must have been in 2019 as I was still using The Key card for my tickets, and my payment dropped from £110 to £95 because I wasn't using the X9/X10.

I remember at the time asking customer services if I could still use the X9/X10 between Newcastle and Gateshead and they told me the ticket wasn't valid.

(18 Jan 2022, 3:55 pm)streetdeckfan Wrote: It must have been in 2019 as I was still using The Key card for my tickets, and my payment dropped from £110 to £95 because I wasn't using the X9/X10.

I remember at the time asking customer services if I could still use the X9/X10 between Newcastle and Gateshead and they told me the ticket wasn't valid.

could well have been. was a double decker so before coaches and obviously from Eldon square rather than the gate
(18 Jan 2022, 2:39 pm)Adrian Wrote: Since Go Zones were introduced.

The Summer fares offer has been ongoing for so long now that passengers will assume that they are the normal fares - I don't see how they can revert to the old ones now without upsetting many passengers, who will be feeling the squeeze with all the other inflationary costs.