Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes

Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes

Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (26) Previous 124 25 26
Andreos1

11 May 2022, 9:30 pm #501
(11 May 2022, 7:28 pm)Storx Not sure it helps anything this one mind. It just duplicates the 22 even more and makes it a rather long journey for those actually wanting to go to Gateshead. Other than that it's not really opening any links at all for anyone.
See, I'm not sure about that. 
I think the potential to open up that east - west corridor (as far as GNE or ANE are concerned) is something that has been needed for a while and may encourage those travelling to places like the station or college to do so via GNE, rather than SNE, car, taxi, metro, foot or a combo of those things. 
The numbers attracted to this re-routed option, may counteract anyone who is annoyed by the extra few minutes spent on the bus, crossing the Tyne. 

It's a positive move imo and hopefully it inspires further revisions to routes around that way - whether via the Redheugh Bridge or Forth Banks. 
It may also see an end to the never ending convoy of buses following each other out of Gateshead, over the Tyne Bridge and back out again over the High Level.

(11 May 2022, 9:01 pm)Unber43 What work is going on, on pilgrim street
Redeveloping the whole area basically. The Stack, car park behind it, the old Odeon and the office blocks are all going or gone.
https://www.business-live.co.uk/commerci...e-23437858

(11 May 2022, 9:14 pm)Aaron21 I don't even understand why the 1 still needs to go to Gateshead. There doesn't seem a point now since once it hits Market Street. It's running alongside every other GNE services to Gateshead
You could say that about every other bus going back and forwards over the river though.
There's too many imo and whilst I don't think they all need to cross the river in the numbers they do currently, I do think a bit of route variation can help.
Edited 11 May 2022, 9:34 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
11 May 2022, 9:30 pm #501

(11 May 2022, 7:28 pm)Storx Not sure it helps anything this one mind. It just duplicates the 22 even more and makes it a rather long journey for those actually wanting to go to Gateshead. Other than that it's not really opening any links at all for anyone.
See, I'm not sure about that. 
I think the potential to open up that east - west corridor (as far as GNE or ANE are concerned) is something that has been needed for a while and may encourage those travelling to places like the station or college to do so via GNE, rather than SNE, car, taxi, metro, foot or a combo of those things. 
The numbers attracted to this re-routed option, may counteract anyone who is annoyed by the extra few minutes spent on the bus, crossing the Tyne. 

It's a positive move imo and hopefully it inspires further revisions to routes around that way - whether via the Redheugh Bridge or Forth Banks. 
It may also see an end to the never ending convoy of buses following each other out of Gateshead, over the Tyne Bridge and back out again over the High Level.

(11 May 2022, 9:01 pm)Unber43 What work is going on, on pilgrim street
Redeveloping the whole area basically. The Stack, car park behind it, the old Odeon and the office blocks are all going or gone.

(11 May 2022, 9:14 pm)Aaron21 I don't even understand why the 1 still needs to go to Gateshead. There doesn't seem a point now since once it hits Market Street. It's running alongside every other GNE services to Gateshead
You could say that about every other bus going back and forwards over the river though.
There's too many imo and whilst I don't think they all need to cross the river in the numbers they do currently, I do think a bit of route variation can help.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Storx

12 May 2022, 5:54 am #502
(11 May 2022, 9:30 pm)Andreos1 See, I'm not sure about that. 

I see what your saying but personally I don't think East to West buses are bad there's tonnes and literally tonnes of buses going across town. Doubt many will use the 1 for that as like you said there's Stagecoach and the Metro pretty much at every point. 

It's East to South that's the problem imo and the 1 sorted that. Someone travelling to Team Valley let's say which now is an awkward journey again whereas it was a quick hop to Gateshead and then a change to the 93/94 just to pick one. 

Agreed with the numerous buses going as cross the Tyne though it's a shame they can't connect to other services tbh giving through corridors. 

The Q3 is always the missed opportunity to me. I always think it should be split with the Northern half been bolted onto the 57 or something giving connections from Gosforth through to Deckham maybe even via the new arena and the other half bolted onto something towards to Metro Centre which would also give connections from the South West to the Quayside (maybe the 6) New connections, where people actually want to go.
Storx
12 May 2022, 5:54 am #502

(11 May 2022, 9:30 pm)Andreos1 See, I'm not sure about that. 

I see what your saying but personally I don't think East to West buses are bad there's tonnes and literally tonnes of buses going across town. Doubt many will use the 1 for that as like you said there's Stagecoach and the Metro pretty much at every point. 

It's East to South that's the problem imo and the 1 sorted that. Someone travelling to Team Valley let's say which now is an awkward journey again whereas it was a quick hop to Gateshead and then a change to the 93/94 just to pick one. 

Agreed with the numerous buses going as cross the Tyne though it's a shame they can't connect to other services tbh giving through corridors. 

The Q3 is always the missed opportunity to me. I always think it should be split with the Northern half been bolted onto the 57 or something giving connections from Gosforth through to Deckham maybe even via the new arena and the other half bolted onto something towards to Metro Centre which would also give connections from the South West to the Quayside (maybe the 6) New connections, where people actually want to go.

Aaron21

12 May 2022, 6:37 am #503
The only part I've seen of the 1 actually being a use for Gateshead is the 1 5.15am from North Shields is used to connect people to the 94 for the team Valley
Aaron21
12 May 2022, 6:37 am #503

The only part I've seen of the 1 actually being a use for Gateshead is the 1 5.15am from North Shields is used to connect people to the 94 for the team Valley

Unber43

14 May 2022, 3:04 pm #504
https://www.flickr.com/photos/182309254@...Mv-2kFrdF7 (New Photo of 6086)

But with these changes which will effect Deptford the only real change I can see is no 38A, but really that isn't unexpected seems as though it does the same loop as 38.

The only services which are missing is 135/136.
Unber43
14 May 2022, 3:04 pm #504

https://www.flickr.com/photos/182309254@...Mv-2kFrdF7 (New Photo of 6086)

But with these changes which will effect Deptford the only real change I can see is no 38A, but really that isn't unexpected seems as though it does the same loop as 38.

F114TML

14 May 2022, 3:20 pm #505
(14 May 2022, 3:04 pm)Unber43 https://www.flickr.com/photos/182309254@...Mv-2kFrdF7 (New Photo of 6086)

The 135/136 aren't on any network maps they produce from what I've seen, probably because they only run in the evenings and on Sundays.
F114TML
14 May 2022, 3:20 pm #505

(14 May 2022, 3:04 pm)Unber43 https://www.flickr.com/photos/182309254@...Mv-2kFrdF7 (New Photo of 6086)

The 135/136 aren't on any network maps they produce from what I've seen, probably because they only run in the evenings and on Sundays.

Adrian

16 May 2022, 4:59 pm #506
Mod note: Closing this thread to avoid confusion and duplication.
See Go North East: Major Service Changes July 2022

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
16 May 2022, 4:59 pm #506

Mod note: Closing this thread to avoid confusion and duplication.
See Go North East: Major Service Changes July 2022

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Pages (26) Previous 124 25 26

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average