Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes

Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes

Go North East : Upcoming Service Changes

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Pages (26) Previous 19 10 1126 Next
Andreos1

04 Mar 2022, 12:49 pm #181
(04 Mar 2022, 11:27 am)MVK 500R March service changes now live: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/service-ch...e-27-march

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
The number of people returning to places of work and needing to travel has and continues to change because of the pandemic, affecting both the demand for our services, and where and when we see congestion on our road network.

They then go on to outline their changes which have little to no reflection about congestion on the road network. 

Huh

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
04 Mar 2022, 12:49 pm #181

(04 Mar 2022, 11:27 am)MVK 500R March service changes now live: https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/service-ch...e-27-march

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk
The number of people returning to places of work and needing to travel has and continues to change because of the pandemic, affecting both the demand for our services, and where and when we see congestion on our road network.

They then go on to outline their changes which have little to no reflection about congestion on the road network. 

Huh

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Ambassador

04 Mar 2022, 1:06 pm #182
(04 Mar 2022, 12:49 pm)Andreos1 They then go on to outline their changes which have little to no reflection about congestion on the road network. 

Huh
Yeah it's a stock copy and paste phrase no doubt signed off ages ago. Perhaps the Head of PR/Marketing was on holiday and they need to push it out, otherwise it's a bit lazy and you'd be better off going down the Arriva route of just saying 'here's some changes'

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
04 Mar 2022, 1:06 pm #182

(04 Mar 2022, 12:49 pm)Andreos1 They then go on to outline their changes which have little to no reflection about congestion on the road network. 

Huh
Yeah it's a stock copy and paste phrase no doubt signed off ages ago. Perhaps the Head of PR/Marketing was on holiday and they need to push it out, otherwise it's a bit lazy and you'd be better off going down the Arriva route of just saying 'here's some changes'

Wistfully stuck in the 90s

L469 YVK

04 Mar 2022, 1:23 pm #183
The evening 309 & 310 times have been mucked up big time.

Surely the 310 should be departing Newcastle between xx:10 and xx:30 as it historically has. Now some users will have to wait nearly an hour. Axing the later 309 journeys to Blyth too! Could've actually been a good opportunity to work with Arriva and offer a combined service at each side of the hour.
L469 YVK
04 Mar 2022, 1:23 pm #183

The evening 309 & 310 times have been mucked up big time.

Surely the 310 should be departing Newcastle between xx:10 and xx:30 as it historically has. Now some users will have to wait nearly an hour. Axing the later 309 journeys to Blyth too! Could've actually been a good opportunity to work with Arriva and offer a combined service at each side of the hour.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Mar 2022, 2:37 pm #184
(04 Mar 2022, 12:42 pm)Chris 1 In the spirit of partnership and co-operation and all that, one would hope GNE would update that article with links to timetables to the services they currently but will no longer operate, once available.

Nexus expect to release their timetables and service change information on Monday, at which point the story will be updated with links to their website (and also promoted on social media).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
04 Mar 2022, 2:37 pm #184

(04 Mar 2022, 12:42 pm)Chris 1 In the spirit of partnership and co-operation and all that, one would hope GNE would update that article with links to timetables to the services they currently but will no longer operate, once available.

Nexus expect to release their timetables and service change information on Monday, at which point the story will be updated with links to their website (and also promoted on social media).

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Mar 2022, 4:05 pm #185
(04 Mar 2022, 2:37 pm)Dan Nexus expect to release their timetables and service change information on Monday, at which point the story will be updated with links to their website (and also promoted on social media).

..and, as if by magic, the story has now been updated with said timetables, as soon as they've become available!
Dan
04 Mar 2022, 4:05 pm #185

(04 Mar 2022, 2:37 pm)Dan Nexus expect to release their timetables and service change information on Monday, at which point the story will be updated with links to their website (and also promoted on social media).

..and, as if by magic, the story has now been updated with said timetables, as soon as they've become available!

Omega54

04 Mar 2022, 4:10 pm #186
Its a real shame GNE didn't win 317/342/46E.
Omega54
04 Mar 2022, 4:10 pm #186

Its a real shame GNE didn't win 317/342/46E.

Storx

04 Mar 2022, 4:37 pm #187
(04 Mar 2022, 4:10 pm)Omega54 Its a real shame GNE didn't win 317/342/46E.

I disagree.

GNE having the 317 benefits no-one it runs through Stagecoach areas and interworks with the 11/12 between North Shields and Royal Quays giving a bus every 15 minutes and Howdon works with the 22 to give passengers more destinations with their tickets. The North Shields to Whitley Bay section is a bit out of area for Stagecoach but GNE is no better, it's a dominant Arriva area now.

The 46 is a commercial route ran by Arriva additionally serving Hollywood Avenue, it's not GNE's area at all and works with the 43/44/45 services.

The 342 on paper would be best ran by Arriva but it doesn't really matter. GNE wouldn't be entitled to it though just because they used to run it. I'm glad Nexus have chosen to work with an already existing route to benefit passengers losing the Killingworth link though (52) than subsidising a second route and then have a long route benefiting more customers.

GNE are by far the worst of the big 3 North of the Tyne and as much as Arriva is hated on here because they don't paint buses pink. I'm not sure there'd be many passengers crying if they disappeared overnight with constant cuts, downgrades and reducing of services. The 309 being the latest now having a last bus at 8pm to Blyth and the 1 being hourly which is useless. Good thing the Metro/22 and 308 run in parallel for most of the route to give those people an actual useful service. Obviously it's Covid's fault though for everything.
Storx
04 Mar 2022, 4:37 pm #187

(04 Mar 2022, 4:10 pm)Omega54 Its a real shame GNE didn't win 317/342/46E.

I disagree.

GNE having the 317 benefits no-one it runs through Stagecoach areas and interworks with the 11/12 between North Shields and Royal Quays giving a bus every 15 minutes and Howdon works with the 22 to give passengers more destinations with their tickets. The North Shields to Whitley Bay section is a bit out of area for Stagecoach but GNE is no better, it's a dominant Arriva area now.

The 46 is a commercial route ran by Arriva additionally serving Hollywood Avenue, it's not GNE's area at all and works with the 43/44/45 services.

The 342 on paper would be best ran by Arriva but it doesn't really matter. GNE wouldn't be entitled to it though just because they used to run it. I'm glad Nexus have chosen to work with an already existing route to benefit passengers losing the Killingworth link though (52) than subsidising a second route and then have a long route benefiting more customers.

GNE are by far the worst of the big 3 North of the Tyne and as much as Arriva is hated on here because they don't paint buses pink. I'm not sure there'd be many passengers crying if they disappeared overnight with constant cuts, downgrades and reducing of services. The 309 being the latest now having a last bus at 8pm to Blyth and the 1 being hourly which is useless. Good thing the Metro/22 and 308 run in parallel for most of the route to give those people an actual useful service. Obviously it's Covid's fault though for everything.

Train8261

04 Mar 2022, 4:55 pm #188
I hate to say it but I'm glad Percy Main is losing all these routes. They just didn't care about North Tyneside
Train8261
04 Mar 2022, 4:55 pm #188

I hate to say it but I'm glad Percy Main is losing all these routes. They just didn't care about North Tyneside

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Mar 2022, 5:08 pm #189
(04 Mar 2022, 4:37 pm)Storx The 46 is a commercial route ran by Arriva additionally serving Hollywood Avenue, it's not GNE's area at all and works with the 43/44/45 services.

I know you're quick to defend Arriva and shoot down Go North East - but the 46A is not commercially operated, it is funded by Nexus.
Dan
04 Mar 2022, 5:08 pm #189

(04 Mar 2022, 4:37 pm)Storx The 46 is a commercial route ran by Arriva additionally serving Hollywood Avenue, it's not GNE's area at all and works with the 43/44/45 services.

I know you're quick to defend Arriva and shoot down Go North East - but the 46A is not commercially operated, it is funded by Nexus.

04 Mar 2022, 5:22 pm #190
(04 Mar 2022, 5:08 pm)Dan I know you're quick to defend Arriva and shoot down Go North East - but the 46A is not commercially operated, it is funded by Nexus.

Don't Nexus fund the very small section between Regent Centre and Hollywood Avenue? The rest of the route is commercially operated if I'm not mistaken?
omnicity4659
04 Mar 2022, 5:22 pm #190

(04 Mar 2022, 5:08 pm)Dan I know you're quick to defend Arriva and shoot down Go North East - but the 46A is not commercially operated, it is funded by Nexus.

Don't Nexus fund the very small section between Regent Centre and Hollywood Avenue? The rest of the route is commercially operated if I'm not mistaken?

L469 YVK

04 Mar 2022, 5:29 pm #191
(04 Mar 2022, 4:37 pm)Storx GNE are by far the worst of the big 3 North of the Tyne and as much as Arriva is hated on here because they don't paint buses pink. I'm not sure there'd be many passengers crying if they disappeared overnight with constant cuts, downgrades and reducing of services. The 309 being the latest now having a last bus at 8pm to Blyth and the 1 being hourly which is useless. Good thing the Metro/22 and 308 run in parallel for most of the route to give those people an actual useful service. Obviously it's Covid's fault though for everything.
To be honest with adjustments to running times, the 310 departures ex Newcastle could be xx:22 with the 309 at xx:52, both running standalone. That would give a reasonably even gap on the Coast Road as well as working with the 308 and even open up the potential of joint operator initatives such as ticketing.

But cutting the later evening journeys won't win over the 'casual' users who will just end up using Arriva. Even the 51 could potentially take some passengers around parts of High Farm given the more sensibly timed evening departures at xx:10 rather than xx:55 / xx:00.
L469 YVK
04 Mar 2022, 5:29 pm #191

(04 Mar 2022, 4:37 pm)Storx GNE are by far the worst of the big 3 North of the Tyne and as much as Arriva is hated on here because they don't paint buses pink. I'm not sure there'd be many passengers crying if they disappeared overnight with constant cuts, downgrades and reducing of services. The 309 being the latest now having a last bus at 8pm to Blyth and the 1 being hourly which is useless. Good thing the Metro/22 and 308 run in parallel for most of the route to give those people an actual useful service. Obviously it's Covid's fault though for everything.
To be honest with adjustments to running times, the 310 departures ex Newcastle could be xx:22 with the 309 at xx:52, both running standalone. That would give a reasonably even gap on the Coast Road as well as working with the 308 and even open up the potential of joint operator initatives such as ticketing.

But cutting the later evening journeys won't win over the 'casual' users who will just end up using Arriva. Even the 51 could potentially take some passengers around parts of High Farm given the more sensibly timed evening departures at xx:10 rather than xx:55 / xx:00.

Dan

Site Administrator

04 Mar 2022, 5:34 pm #192
(04 Mar 2022, 5:22 pm)omnicity4659 Don't Nexus fund the very small section between Regent Centre and Hollywood Avenue? The rest of the route is commercially operated if I'm not mistaken?

Yes, that's correct - although the OP referenced the Hollywood Avenue section in their post.
Dan
04 Mar 2022, 5:34 pm #192

(04 Mar 2022, 5:22 pm)omnicity4659 Don't Nexus fund the very small section between Regent Centre and Hollywood Avenue? The rest of the route is commercially operated if I'm not mistaken?

Yes, that's correct - although the OP referenced the Hollywood Avenue section in their post.

V514DFT

04 Mar 2022, 11:49 pm #193
(04 Mar 2022, 4:37 pm)Storx I disagree.

Do you not mean the 10/11?

Kind Regards
Tez
V514DFT
04 Mar 2022, 11:49 pm #193

(04 Mar 2022, 4:37 pm)Storx I disagree.

Do you not mean the 10/11?

Kind Regards
Tez

07 Mar 2022, 10:23 am #194
New update on GNE website says x1 is returning to 12 minute frequency from the 27th March.  2 busses an hour to Easington Lane, 2 to Peterlee and 1 to Dalton park. I've worked the PVR out as 14. Are there currently enough busses to cover this or are we going to see more repaints?
User2613
07 Mar 2022, 10:23 am #194

New update on GNE website says x1 is returning to 12 minute frequency from the 27th March.  2 busses an hour to Easington Lane, 2 to Peterlee and 1 to Dalton park. I've worked the PVR out as 14. Are there currently enough busses to cover this or are we going to see more repaints?

07 Mar 2022, 10:47 am #195
comes as no surprise on North Tyneside. In 2010 there was a major alteration of services which put too much emphasis on serving Cobalt. Several services were axed all together or merged and re routed via Cobalt. Most people since then gave up on the bus and went back to their cars. One service axed was the 44 between Newcastle and Whitley Bay replaced by short lived and useless X8/X9 which in turn was replaced by an extension of the 306 meaning to get from Marden to Newcastle takes nearly an hour heading off completely in the wrong direction towards Tynemouth and North Shields a journey which on the 44 took less than 30 Minuets.
ian foster
07 Mar 2022, 10:47 am #195

comes as no surprise on North Tyneside. In 2010 there was a major alteration of services which put too much emphasis on serving Cobalt. Several services were axed all together or merged and re routed via Cobalt. Most people since then gave up on the bus and went back to their cars. One service axed was the 44 between Newcastle and Whitley Bay replaced by short lived and useless X8/X9 which in turn was replaced by an extension of the 306 meaning to get from Marden to Newcastle takes nearly an hour heading off completely in the wrong direction towards Tynemouth and North Shields a journey which on the 44 took less than 30 Minuets.

Kuyoyo

07 Mar 2022, 10:51 am #196
(07 Mar 2022, 10:23 am)User2613 New update on GNE website says x1 is returning to 12 minute frequency from the 27th March.  2 busses an hour to Easington Lane, 2 to Peterlee and 1 to Dalton park. I've worked the PVR out as 14. Are there currently enough busses to cover this or are we going to see more repaints?

Looking at the timetable
Peterlee journeys leave Newcastle during the day at xx11 and xx47, the Dalton Park journey departs at xx35 with the xx23 and xx59 terminating at Easington Lane.
Easington Lane terminating journeys have 14 minute layovers at Easington Lane while the Dalton Park trip and the Peterlee journeys have 5 minutes turnaround at the southern end of their route.
The last weekday journey to Dalton Park leaves Newcastle at 1632 (presently 1734) while it will be 1535 on Saturdays (presently 1719). Peterlee meanwhile goes from a last Newcastle departure of 1810 weekday (1749 Saturdays) to two later journeys at 1905 and 2230 From Dalton Park, the last trips are 1719 weekdays and 1707 on Saturdays (currently 1905 weekdays and 1836 Saturdays).
Sunday service is uplifted to every 20 minutes between Newcastle and The Galleries - from there, two an hour continue to Easington Lane from where one an hour extends to Peterlee. Sunday evening journeys remain hourly but the 2300 from Newcastle is extended to Peterlee
Kuyoyo
07 Mar 2022, 10:51 am #196

(07 Mar 2022, 10:23 am)User2613 New update on GNE website says x1 is returning to 12 minute frequency from the 27th March.  2 busses an hour to Easington Lane, 2 to Peterlee and 1 to Dalton park. I've worked the PVR out as 14. Are there currently enough busses to cover this or are we going to see more repaints?

Looking at the timetable
Peterlee journeys leave Newcastle during the day at xx11 and xx47, the Dalton Park journey departs at xx35 with the xx23 and xx59 terminating at Easington Lane.
Easington Lane terminating journeys have 14 minute layovers at Easington Lane while the Dalton Park trip and the Peterlee journeys have 5 minutes turnaround at the southern end of their route.
The last weekday journey to Dalton Park leaves Newcastle at 1632 (presently 1734) while it will be 1535 on Saturdays (presently 1719). Peterlee meanwhile goes from a last Newcastle departure of 1810 weekday (1749 Saturdays) to two later journeys at 1905 and 2230 From Dalton Park, the last trips are 1719 weekdays and 1707 on Saturdays (currently 1905 weekdays and 1836 Saturdays).
Sunday service is uplifted to every 20 minutes between Newcastle and The Galleries - from there, two an hour continue to Easington Lane from where one an hour extends to Peterlee. Sunday evening journeys remain hourly but the 2300 from Newcastle is extended to Peterlee

Dan

Site Administrator

07 Mar 2022, 11:22 am #197

The PVR will be made up by two black-backed X-lines buses, 6376 and 6377, in addition to the twelve red.
Dan
07 Mar 2022, 11:22 am #197

The PVR will be made up by two black-backed X-lines buses, 6376 and 6377, in addition to the twelve red.

N1cholas

07 Mar 2022, 11:36 am #198
Wonder if the 55 will be reduced to hourly in the may service changes now the X1 is twice hourly to peterlee
N1cholas
07 Mar 2022, 11:36 am #198

Wonder if the 55 will be reduced to hourly in the may service changes now the X1 is twice hourly to peterlee

cbma06

07 Mar 2022, 12:10 pm #199
(07 Mar 2022, 11:36 am)N1cholas Wonder if the 55 will be reduced to hourly in the may service changes now the X1 is twice hourly to peterlee

More likely the 55 will be withdrawn in May , the half hourly frequency of the x1 covers the 55 route between Houghton and Peterlee with better buses than the 55, and passengers can easily transfer onto the 20/x20 to Sunderland

cbma06
07 Mar 2022, 12:10 pm #199

(07 Mar 2022, 11:36 am)N1cholas Wonder if the 55 will be reduced to hourly in the may service changes now the X1 is twice hourly to peterlee

More likely the 55 will be withdrawn in May , the half hourly frequency of the x1 covers the 55 route between Houghton and Peterlee with better buses than the 55, and passengers can easily transfer onto the 20/x20 to Sunderland

07 Mar 2022, 12:32 pm #200
(07 Mar 2022, 11:22 am)Dan The PVR will be made up by two black-backed X-lines buses, 6376 and 6377, in addition to the twelve red.
Does that mean we'll be back to Omnidekkas on the X21?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
07 Mar 2022, 12:32 pm #200

(07 Mar 2022, 11:22 am)Dan The PVR will be made up by two black-backed X-lines buses, 6376 and 6377, in addition to the twelve red.
Does that mean we'll be back to Omnidekkas on the X21?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Pages (26) Previous 19 10 1126 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average