29 Dec 2021, 12:17 am #21
It’s horrendous can’t find nothing!!!!

Where’s the photos
Acky81
29 Dec 2021, 12:17 am #21

It’s horrendous can’t find nothing!!!!

Where’s the photos

29 Dec 2021, 1:19 am #22
(28 Dec 2021, 8:46 pm)Adrian Why would we be reverting back? Or what do you feel needs fixing? 

The comments in the thread are obviously there to be seen, but it's not the first time the look of the site and forum has been redesigned.

Where’s the photos and fleet list section? Bygone era? Feels like it’s not the right template for a transport forum, you’ve got a calander but no option to see the number of pages (requires a double click) on a thread. I’m of the impression that many people prefer the old version...
Adtrainsam
29 Dec 2021, 1:19 am #22

(28 Dec 2021, 8:46 pm)Adrian Why would we be reverting back? Or what do you feel needs fixing? 

The comments in the thread are obviously there to be seen, but it's not the first time the look of the site and forum has been redesigned.

Where’s the photos and fleet list section? Bygone era? Feels like it’s not the right template for a transport forum, you’ve got a calander but no option to see the number of pages (requires a double click) on a thread. I’m of the impression that many people prefer the old version...

Andreos1

29 Dec 2021, 1:24 am #23
I did find a work around (in the CP), which took me back to the layout we saw until yesterday.

It seems to have been removed unfortunately.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
29 Dec 2021, 1:24 am #23

I did find a work around (in the CP), which took me back to the layout we saw until yesterday.

It seems to have been removed unfortunately.

29 Dec 2021, 8:32 am #24

To be honest, as long as we don't go back to the layout that appeared on the 27th, I'd probably be fine with it staying like this. Maybe with the actual NEB logo rather than the default MyBB logo, as that obviously looks a bit dodgy.
streetdeckfan
29 Dec 2021, 8:32 am #24

To be honest, as long as we don't go back to the layout that appeared on the 27th, I'd probably be fine with it staying like this. Maybe with the actual NEB logo rather than the default MyBB logo, as that obviously looks a bit dodgy.

BusLoverMum

29 Dec 2021, 2:16 pm #25
I'm missing an option to select unread messages. I end up at the start of any thread I tap on.
BusLoverMum
29 Dec 2021, 2:16 pm #25

I'm missing an option to select unread messages. I end up at the start of any thread I tap on.

Andreos1

29 Dec 2021, 2:19 pm #26
(29 Dec 2021, 2:16 pm)BusLoverMum I'm missing an option to select unread messages. I end up at the start of any thread I tap on.

Click on the little arrow which appears next to the title. It will take you to the new posts.

Andreos1
29 Dec 2021, 2:19 pm #26

(29 Dec 2021, 2:16 pm)BusLoverMum I'm missing an option to select unread messages. I end up at the start of any thread I tap on.

Click on the little arrow which appears next to the title. It will take you to the new posts.

Adrian

29 Dec 2021, 4:11 pm #27

There's two options highlighted I've highlighted. Clicking either should do as on the tin.

.png
newlastpost.PNG
Size: 56.53 KB / Downloads: 9

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
29 Dec 2021, 4:11 pm #27

There's two options highlighted I've highlighted. Clicking either should do as on the tin.

.png
newlastpost.PNG
Size: 56.53 KB / Downloads: 9

idiot

29 Dec 2021, 4:19 pm #28
I want unread posts back please!
idiot
29 Dec 2021, 4:19 pm #28

I want unread posts back please!

Adrian

29 Dec 2021, 4:22 pm #29
(29 Dec 2021, 4:19 pm)idiot I want unread posts back please!

Try Posts > View Unread Posts from the menu.

Adrian
29 Dec 2021, 4:22 pm #29

(29 Dec 2021, 4:19 pm)idiot I want unread posts back please!

Try Posts > View Unread Posts from the menu.

BusLoverMum

29 Dec 2021, 4:23 pm #30
(29 Dec 2021, 2:19 pm)Andreos1 Click on the little arrow which appears next to the title. It will take you to the new posts.

No longer an arrow for me.

(29 Dec 2021, 4:11 pm)Adrian There's two options highlighted I've highlighted. Clicking either should do as on the tin.

Will check those out, ta. I'm on my phone so the layout isn't quite the same. The last post one isn't going to be much use in a thread that's grown by 30 replies or so since I last saw it, mind.

(29 Dec 2021, 4:22 pm)Adrian Try Posts > View Unread Posts from the menu.
It's not there for me. Also can't see how to attach image to show you. Ed
.png
Screenshot_20211229-162405.png
Size: 188.69 KB / Downloads: 7
it: had to edit
Edited 29 Dec 2021, 4:25 pm by BusLoverMum.
BusLoverMum
29 Dec 2021, 4:23 pm #30

(29 Dec 2021, 2:19 pm)Andreos1 Click on the little arrow which appears next to the title. It will take you to the new posts.

No longer an arrow for me.

(29 Dec 2021, 4:11 pm)Adrian There's two options highlighted I've highlighted. Clicking either should do as on the tin.

Will check those out, ta. I'm on my phone so the layout isn't quite the same. The last post one isn't going to be much use in a thread that's grown by 30 replies or so since I last saw it, mind.

It's not there for me. Also can't see how to attach image to show you. Ed
.png
Screenshot_20211229-162405.png
Size: 188.69 KB / Downloads: 7
it: had to edit

Keeiajs

29 Dec 2021, 4:27 pm #31

Why is mine on MyBB?
Keeiajs
29 Dec 2021, 4:27 pm #31

Why is mine on MyBB?

Adrian

29 Dec 2021, 4:29 pm #32
(29 Dec 2021, 4:23 pm)BusLoverMum No longer an arrow for me.

It's not there for me. Also can't see how to attach image to show you.

It looks similar on the phone for me. If I go to Menu > New Posts, I then get the 'New' icon or 'last post' text that I can click. Appreciate that the last post option isn't great for busy threads, but the 'New' icon should take you to the first unread post in that thread.

As for attaching, it should work the same as on a desktop. Either quote a post or hit the 'New Reply' link at the top of the posts in that thread, and there should be a box above the post/preview/save as draft options to add attachments.

Adrian
29 Dec 2021, 4:29 pm #32

(29 Dec 2021, 4:23 pm)BusLoverMum No longer an arrow for me.

It's not there for me. Also can't see how to attach image to show you.

It looks similar on the phone for me. If I go to Menu > New Posts, I then get the 'New' icon or 'last post' text that I can click. Appreciate that the last post option isn't great for busy threads, but the 'New' icon should take you to the first unread post in that thread.

As for attaching, it should work the same as on a desktop. Either quote a post or hit the 'New Reply' link at the top of the posts in that thread, and there should be a box above the post/preview/save as draft options to add attachments.

Adrian

29 Dec 2021, 4:35 pm #33
(29 Dec 2021, 4:27 pm)Keeiajs Why is mine on MyBB?

Probably because you were twisting about it yesterday. 

Go to your options (click) and set board style to 'Use default'

Adrian
29 Dec 2021, 4:35 pm #33

(29 Dec 2021, 4:27 pm)Keeiajs Why is mine on MyBB?

Probably because you were twisting about it yesterday. 

Go to your options (click) and set board style to 'Use default'

BusLoverMum

29 Dec 2021, 6:01 pm #34
(29 Dec 2021, 4:29 pm)Adrian It looks similar on the phone for me. If I go to Menu > New Posts, I then get the 'New' icon or 'last post' text that I can click. Appreciate that the last post option isn't great for busy threads, but the 'New' icon should take you to the first unread post in that thread.

Yes, that's working for me, thanks.

I must have hit quick reply, before, when quoting multiple messages. I've just replied directly to yours and have all the formatting gubbins and attachment options, this time.
BusLoverMum
29 Dec 2021, 6:01 pm #34

(29 Dec 2021, 4:29 pm)Adrian It looks similar on the phone for me. If I go to Menu > New Posts, I then get the 'New' icon or 'last post' text that I can click. Appreciate that the last post option isn't great for busy threads, but the 'New' icon should take you to the first unread post in that thread.

Yes, that's working for me, thanks.

I must have hit quick reply, before, when quoting multiple messages. I've just replied directly to yours and have all the formatting gubbins and attachment options, this time.

Keeiajs

29 Dec 2021, 6:28 pm #35
(29 Dec 2021, 6:27 pm)Charles41 Is it just me or is the leadership of this forum starting to become a bit authoritarian of late?

Charles

I was also going to ask if there was a option as you can change to the Default and NEB 2022, why can't we use the one that was on just last week.

But I better not.
Keeiajs
29 Dec 2021, 6:28 pm #35

(29 Dec 2021, 6:27 pm)Charles41 Is it just me or is the leadership of this forum starting to become a bit authoritarian of late?

Charles

I was also going to ask if there was a option as you can change to the Default and NEB 2022, why can't we use the one that was on just last week.

But I better not.

BusLoverMum

29 Dec 2021, 6:47 pm #36
(29 Dec 2021, 6:28 pm)Keeiajs I was also going to ask if there was a option as you can change to the Default and NEB 2022, why can't we use the one that was on just last week.

But I better not.
To be fair, now I've sussed it out, this one works more smoothly - for the forum, at any rate. It's just not particularly intuitive as it's hard to tell what's clickable.
BusLoverMum
29 Dec 2021, 6:47 pm #36

(29 Dec 2021, 6:28 pm)Keeiajs I was also going to ask if there was a option as you can change to the Default and NEB 2022, why can't we use the one that was on just last week.

But I better not.
To be fair, now I've sussed it out, this one works more smoothly - for the forum, at any rate. It's just not particularly intuitive as it's hard to tell what's clickable.

Liam

29 Dec 2021, 9:10 pm #37
So…

Anyone who wants to revert to the previous template has the option to do so. There is a board style in your options called 'NEB New'. This is the old template, exactly as it was. We won’t be updating the coding for this old template any longer, however.

Between me, Dan and Adrian, none of us really have the time or effort to put into maintaining NEB as much as we did 10 years ago when the community first started. The redesign and platform you see now is a generic template from the MyBB community with an updated logo - that’s it. We hadn’t updated the MyBB forum software for over a year, and the old template lacked a lot of the options needed – password retrieval, ability to post attachments and so forth. We had a lot of emails from people trying to access the platform, who couldn’t, as so little of the scripting was kept up-to-date. Yet, none of us reply to emails either, as we don't have the time.

While I accept that you hardcore warriors aren’t happy with the changes. It was a quick and effective way of getting a platform which actually worked to its full potential, with updated coding, without effort on the part of me, Dan and Adrian. Without the change, it wasn’t going to be long before nothing was working. Then no doubt, there would have been a lot of you who took to Twitter and Facebook to message Dan direct about the issues. If NEB were to fail to exist beyond next year, we'd at least want it to go out with all functions working.

We maintain this site for you lot. Normally once every year or two, Dan has to force me to do updates to coding. Dan has to force himself to update the fleet lists and news too every other year these days. We are busy, and the last thing we want to do with our free time, is to work on this site. We don't ask you to use the site, its a choice. Some of you could do with remembering that.
Liam
29 Dec 2021, 9:10 pm #37

So…

Anyone who wants to revert to the previous template has the option to do so. There is a board style in your options called 'NEB New'. This is the old template, exactly as it was. We won’t be updating the coding for this old template any longer, however.

Between me, Dan and Adrian, none of us really have the time or effort to put into maintaining NEB as much as we did 10 years ago when the community first started. The redesign and platform you see now is a generic template from the MyBB community with an updated logo - that’s it. We hadn’t updated the MyBB forum software for over a year, and the old template lacked a lot of the options needed – password retrieval, ability to post attachments and so forth. We had a lot of emails from people trying to access the platform, who couldn’t, as so little of the scripting was kept up-to-date. Yet, none of us reply to emails either, as we don't have the time.

While I accept that you hardcore warriors aren’t happy with the changes. It was a quick and effective way of getting a platform which actually worked to its full potential, with updated coding, without effort on the part of me, Dan and Adrian. Without the change, it wasn’t going to be long before nothing was working. Then no doubt, there would have been a lot of you who took to Twitter and Facebook to message Dan direct about the issues. If NEB were to fail to exist beyond next year, we'd at least want it to go out with all functions working.

We maintain this site for you lot. Normally once every year or two, Dan has to force me to do updates to coding. Dan has to force himself to update the fleet lists and news too every other year these days. We are busy, and the last thing we want to do with our free time, is to work on this site. We don't ask you to use the site, its a choice. Some of you could do with remembering that.

30 Dec 2021, 2:41 am #38
(29 Dec 2021, 9:10 pm)Liam So…

You mean to say this website that we don't pay for doesn't have to bend to our will? Well colour me surprised! (If you guys need a hand, I'm more than happy to help, I don't have much experience with MyBB in particular, but I do with other platforms and it's all basically the same these days, although I appreciate you may not want some stranger messing around in the backend (stop sniggering))

The only thing that I don't really like about the new style is the main page of the forum. Is there no way to have it changed to recent posts rather than recent threads?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
30 Dec 2021, 2:41 am #38

(29 Dec 2021, 9:10 pm)Liam So…

You mean to say this website that we don't pay for doesn't have to bend to our will? Well colour me surprised! (If you guys need a hand, I'm more than happy to help, I don't have much experience with MyBB in particular, but I do with other platforms and it's all basically the same these days, although I appreciate you may not want some stranger messing around in the backend (stop sniggering))

The only thing that I don't really like about the new style is the main page of the forum. Is there no way to have it changed to recent posts rather than recent threads?

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

idiot

30 Dec 2021, 3:31 am #39
I just want unread posts please.

I really appreciate it mind, I know it's a hard unrewarding job.
idiot
30 Dec 2021, 3:31 am #39

I just want unread posts please.

30 Dec 2021, 9:29 pm #40
(30 Dec 2021, 3:31 am)idiot I just want unread posts please.

It may just be down to the way I access the site, but, for Unread Posts, I can simply click "Posts" at the top of the page, then select "View unread posts" from the options provided.  That produces a list of threads with Unread posts in them; alongside each thread title (to the right of the title) is a box that says "New" in it.  Clicking that takes me to the first Unread post in the thread.

The main nuisance for me is that, often I find that the "Unread Posts" list contains a lot of threads which actually have no unread posts in them.  Sure, it tells me that there's no "New" in those threads, by the absence of the "New" marker, but WHY does it pretend??!!
Ianthegoon
30 Dec 2021, 9:29 pm #40

(30 Dec 2021, 3:31 am)idiot I just want unread posts please.

It may just be down to the way I access the site, but, for Unread Posts, I can simply click "Posts" at the top of the page, then select "View unread posts" from the options provided.  That produces a list of threads with Unread posts in them; alongside each thread title (to the right of the title) is a box that says "New" in it.  Clicking that takes me to the first Unread post in the thread.

The main nuisance for me is that, often I find that the "Unread Posts" list contains a lot of threads which actually have no unread posts in them.  Sure, it tells me that there's no "New" in those threads, by the absence of the "New" marker, but WHY does it pretend??!!

Pages (3): Previous 1 2 3 Next

• 2 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average