North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Boxing Day 2021 Services

Boxing Day 2021 Services

Boxing Day 2021 Services

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Dan

Site Administrator

31 Dec 2021, 12:18 pm #21
(29 Dec 2021, 10:51 pm)busmanT I picked up the Arriva Christmas/New Year leaflet from Eldon Square timetable "rack" - there were plenty of them alongside the GNE one. It included full Boxing Day timetables.

Excellent to see!

I hadn't seen these, but a massive step in the right direction and just a crying shame that their information online wasn't updated to reflect the fact that services were in fact running. Arguably this is probably where most users would look first (or the app).

(29 Dec 2021, 11:06 pm)Storx I'm not sure why your surprised it's no different to the fact that every other service in the Birtley / Chester Le Street area, pretty much, costs more than the 21 for a similar distance and I'm not sure I need to say why but it involves the X12.

I'm not sure that's true.

Go North East standardised its fares on most routes a good while back now - I believe it's £3.60 for a single on services 21, 25, 28 and X21 from Chester-le-Street to Newcastle, and £3.10 from Birtley to Newcastle on the 21 and 28. Likewise services on shared corridors such as Old Durham Road (where cheaper fares have always historically been offered on service 57 compared to other services on this corridor) have been standardised now.

This is how it should be - users shouldn't be penalised on another corridor because there isn't any competition, especially for end to end journeys where there (technically!) is. The Coastliner ticket is great value, and better than their competitor, but this should be opened up to the other 'X' services operating between the same places in my view. An adult single on one service being more expensive than a day ticket on the other makes no sense at all.
Dan
31 Dec 2021, 12:18 pm #21

(29 Dec 2021, 10:51 pm)busmanT I picked up the Arriva Christmas/New Year leaflet from Eldon Square timetable "rack" - there were plenty of them alongside the GNE one. It included full Boxing Day timetables.

Excellent to see!

I hadn't seen these, but a massive step in the right direction and just a crying shame that their information online wasn't updated to reflect the fact that services were in fact running. Arguably this is probably where most users would look first (or the app).

(29 Dec 2021, 11:06 pm)Storx I'm not sure why your surprised it's no different to the fact that every other service in the Birtley / Chester Le Street area, pretty much, costs more than the 21 for a similar distance and I'm not sure I need to say why but it involves the X12.

Go North East standardised its fares on most routes a good while back now - I believe it's £3.60 for a single on services 21, 25, 28 and X21 from Chester-le-Street to Newcastle, and £3.10 from Birtley to Newcastle on the 21 and 28. Likewise services on shared corridors such as Old Durham Road (where cheaper fares have always historically been offered on service 57 compared to other services on this corridor) have been standardised now.

This is how it should be - users shouldn't be penalised on another corridor because there isn't any competition, especially for end to end journeys where there (technically!) is. The Coastliner ticket is great value, and better than their competitor, but this should be opened up to the other 'X' services operating between the same places in my view. An adult single on one service being more expensive than a day ticket on the other makes no sense at all.

Rob44

02 Jan 2022, 1:23 pm #22
(31 Dec 2021, 12:18 pm)Dan Excellent to see!

so the x1 from the qe is now the same price as the 57, 56, 28? i bet i know which direction the fares went!!
Rob44
02 Jan 2022, 1:23 pm #22

(31 Dec 2021, 12:18 pm)Dan Excellent to see!

so the x1 from the qe is now the same price as the 57, 56, 28? i bet i know which direction the fares went!!

Dan

Site Administrator

02 Jan 2022, 1:35 pm #23
(02 Jan 2022, 1:23 pm)Rob44 so the x1 from the qe is now the same price as the 57, 56, 28? i bet i know which direction the fares went!!

Likely to have been reduced - just like most other bus fares did - as part of the summer savings fare deal... And I bet that wasn't the answer you were expecting!
Dan
02 Jan 2022, 1:35 pm #23

(02 Jan 2022, 1:23 pm)Rob44 so the x1 from the qe is now the same price as the 57, 56, 28? i bet i know which direction the fares went!!

Likely to have been reduced - just like most other bus fares did - as part of the summer savings fare deal... And I bet that wasn't the answer you were expecting!

Rob44

02 Jan 2022, 3:13 pm #24
(02 Jan 2022, 1:35 pm)Dan Likely to have been reduced - just like most other bus fares did - as part of the summer savings fare deal... And I bet that wasn't the answer you were expecting!

no it wasn't and if that the case may i just say thankyou very much GNE..... but it would have been nice to know this seen as I've let numerous x1,s go past to save the 50p on the 28 and 57.......... but now luxury her i come!
Rob44
02 Jan 2022, 3:13 pm #24

(02 Jan 2022, 1:35 pm)Dan Likely to have been reduced - just like most other bus fares did - as part of the summer savings fare deal... And I bet that wasn't the answer you were expecting!

no it wasn't and if that the case may i just say thankyou very much GNE..... but it would have been nice to know this seen as I've let numerous x1,s go past to save the 50p on the 28 and 57.......... but now luxury her i come!

L469 YVK

02 Jan 2022, 4:23 pm #25
It would be good to see GNE promote this more including the £1 evening fare. I've still seen people use the 306/308 to Benfield Road & Station Road after 7pm despite the Cobalts only being £1.

I also have mates who say apparently (correct me if wrong) an Arriva single from Coast Road / Station Road to Newcastle is near £2. They were shocked when I told them GNE is a 'Maximum' of £1.70!

The fixed fare caps are far easier for both passengers and to some extent, even the drivers too!
L469 YVK
02 Jan 2022, 4:23 pm #25

It would be good to see GNE promote this more including the £1 evening fare. I've still seen people use the 306/308 to Benfield Road & Station Road after 7pm despite the Cobalts only being £1.

I also have mates who say apparently (correct me if wrong) an Arriva single from Coast Road / Station Road to Newcastle is near £2. They were shocked when I told them GNE is a 'Maximum' of £1.70!

The fixed fare caps are far easier for both passengers and to some extent, even the drivers too!

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average