North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Jesmond Depot

Jesmond Depot

Jesmond Depot

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average

Pages (11): Previous 13 4 511 Next
Storx

08 Jan 2022, 11:42 pm #61
(08 Jan 2022, 10:29 pm)Bazza

Surprised that Arriva would rely on the Metro to get its drivers to where they need to be.

I could be terribly wrong but I believe they do already with drivers using the Metro from Jesmond to Haymarket.
Storx
08 Jan 2022, 11:42 pm #61

(08 Jan 2022, 10:29 pm)Bazza

Surprised that Arriva would rely on the Metro to get its drivers to where they need to be.

I could be terribly wrong but I believe they do already with drivers using the Metro from Jesmond to Haymarket.

L469 YVK

09 Jan 2022, 8:39 am #62
(08 Jan 2022, 11:42 pm)Storx I could be terribly wrong but I believe they do already with drivers using the Metro from Jesmond to Haymarket.
They do travel from Portland Terrace to Haymarket by either using the 51/51A/306/308 or 309/310/311.

GNE's Percy Main drivers do get on well with Arriva's Jesmond drivers from what I've seen when they get on.
L469 YVK
09 Jan 2022, 8:39 am #62

(08 Jan 2022, 11:42 pm)Storx I could be terribly wrong but I believe they do already with drivers using the Metro from Jesmond to Haymarket.
They do travel from Portland Terrace to Haymarket by either using the 51/51A/306/308 or 309/310/311.

GNE's Percy Main drivers do get on well with Arriva's Jesmond drivers from what I've seen when they get on.

Storx

09 Jan 2022, 9:56 am #63
(09 Jan 2022, 8:39 am)L469 YVK They do travel from Portland Terrace to Haymarket by either using the 51/51A/306/308 or 309/310/311.

Ah must use both ways then, I quite regularly see them get on at Jesmond (Metro) heading towards town aswell and getting off at Haymarket. Guess it must be upto them which way they go.
Storx
09 Jan 2022, 9:56 am #63

(09 Jan 2022, 8:39 am)L469 YVK They do travel from Portland Terrace to Haymarket by either using the 51/51A/306/308 or 309/310/311.

Ah must use both ways then, I quite regularly see them get on at Jesmond (Metro) heading towards town aswell and getting off at Haymarket. Guess it must be upto them which way they go.

Bazza

09 Jan 2022, 12:12 pm #64
(09 Jan 2022, 9:56 am)Storx Ah must use both ways then, I quite regularly see them get on at Jesmond (Metro) heading towards town aswell and getting off at Haymarket. Guess it must be upto them which way they go.

Can certainly understand drivers using a choice, but would imagine there would always have to be an Arriva service to fall back on.
Bazza
09 Jan 2022, 12:12 pm #64

(09 Jan 2022, 9:56 am)Storx Ah must use both ways then, I quite regularly see them get on at Jesmond (Metro) heading towards town aswell and getting off at Haymarket. Guess it must be upto them which way they go.

Can certainly understand drivers using a choice, but would imagine there would always have to be an Arriva service to fall back on.

RobinHood

09 Jan 2022, 5:27 pm #65
(08 Jan 2022, 4:12 pm)peter So clearly not just the minibus network as rumoured.

Nexus Schools, 685 and 43/44/45 likely to stay at Shields Road, along with the Mini services.

52/53/54 and 306 into Blyth.

1/2 into Ashington (maybe some X10/X11 interworking with the X21/X22 depending on what frequency they both end up at).

It could all change still, but I think keeping as much work in Newcastle as possible is the agenda.

Don't forget, Stagecoach 22 offers a road transfer option if Metro wasn't available.
RobinHood
09 Jan 2022, 5:27 pm #65

(08 Jan 2022, 4:12 pm)peter So clearly not just the minibus network as rumoured.

Nexus Schools, 685 and 43/44/45 likely to stay at Shields Road, along with the Mini services.

1/2 into Ashington (maybe some X10/X11 interworking with the X21/X22 depending on what frequency they both end up at).

It could all change still, but I think keeping as much work in Newcastle as possible is the agenda.

Don't forget, Stagecoach 22 offers a road transfer option if Metro wasn't available.

Bazza

09 Jan 2022, 5:50 pm #66
(09 Jan 2022, 5:27 pm)RobinHood Nexus Schools, 685 and 43/44/45 likely to stay at Shields Road, along with the Mini services.

is this speculation or information from an Arriva source?
Bazza
09 Jan 2022, 5:50 pm #66

(09 Jan 2022, 5:27 pm)RobinHood Nexus Schools, 685 and 43/44/45 likely to stay at Shields Road, along with the Mini services.

is this speculation or information from an Arriva source?

citaro5284

09 Jan 2022, 6:28 pm #67
Jesmond Metro to Haymarket is only 1 stop with a metro running pretty frequent with Metro's from both yellow and green lines. If they are to use the Metro from Chilly Road, they are less frequent and its Monument only, with either a walk from there or a change of Metro, so imo not as easy to get to Haymarket as it is now.
citaro5284
09 Jan 2022, 6:28 pm #67

Jesmond Metro to Haymarket is only 1 stop with a metro running pretty frequent with Metro's from both yellow and green lines. If they are to use the Metro from Chilly Road, they are less frequent and its Monument only, with either a walk from there or a change of Metro, so imo not as easy to get to Haymarket as it is now.

10 Jan 2022, 8:24 pm #68
553 changes over at Regent Centre, with drivers told to use arriva service bus to get there, although many drivers use Metro instead. Saturday changeovers were done at Benfield Road, again drivers had to use a service bus to get there. When they had service 6, changeovers were done at Pilgrim Street, with drivers carrying their bags down Northumberland Street.

If a driver starts at Depot, they were paid to get back there, usually taking a bus back, but some duties had extra time paid to get a service bus/Metro back. If a driver started at Haymarket, and they finished service with a bus, they would leave it at Haymarket/Eldon Square
minibus1474
10 Jan 2022, 8:24 pm #68

553 changes over at Regent Centre, with drivers told to use arriva service bus to get there, although many drivers use Metro instead. Saturday changeovers were done at Benfield Road, again drivers had to use a service bus to get there. When they had service 6, changeovers were done at Pilgrim Street, with drivers carrying their bags down Northumberland Street.

If a driver starts at Depot, they were paid to get back there, usually taking a bus back, but some duties had extra time paid to get a service bus/Metro back. If a driver started at Haymarket, and they finished service with a bus, they would leave it at Haymarket/Eldon Square

07 Feb 2022, 12:46 pm #69
Service 1 transfers to Ashington depot from 27th Feb, with service 2 following a month or so later. Once that goes then Jesmond services and personel will start transfering over to Blyth.

From what I've heard quite a few Jesmond drivers would rather leave the company than relocate to Blyth.
Driver9***
07 Feb 2022, 12:46 pm #69

Service 1 transfers to Ashington depot from 27th Feb, with service 2 following a month or so later. Once that goes then Jesmond services and personel will start transfering over to Blyth.

From what I've heard quite a few Jesmond drivers would rather leave the company than relocate to Blyth.

Bazza

07 Feb 2022, 1:01 pm #70
(07 Feb 2022, 12:46 pm)Driver9*** Service 1 transfers to Ashington depot from 27th Feb, with service 2 following a month or so later. Once that goes then Jesmond services and personel will start transfering over to Blyth.

From what I've heard quite a few Jesmond drivers would leave the company rather than relocate to Blyth.

And here’s me thinking Blyth was the up and coming area of South West Northumberland!!!

With both Stagecoach and GNE recruiting it’s possibly not a bad time to look for another job.
Bazza
07 Feb 2022, 1:01 pm #70

(07 Feb 2022, 12:46 pm)Driver9*** Service 1 transfers to Ashington depot from 27th Feb, with service 2 following a month or so later. Once that goes then Jesmond services and personel will start transfering over to Blyth.

From what I've heard quite a few Jesmond drivers would leave the company rather than relocate to Blyth.

And here’s me thinking Blyth was the up and coming area of South West Northumberland!!!

With both Stagecoach and GNE recruiting it’s possibly not a bad time to look for another job.

07 Feb 2022, 1:13 pm #71
Thing is Blyth depot at its current location is on borrowed time, and will no doubt at some point be relocated to an industrial estate in either Blyth or Cramlington, though I think Cramlington will be the more likely location.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
07 Feb 2022, 1:13 pm #71

Thing is Blyth depot at its current location is on borrowed time, and will no doubt at some point be relocated to an industrial estate in either Blyth or Cramlington, though I think Cramlington will be the more likely location.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

07 Feb 2022, 1:18 pm #72
(07 Feb 2022, 1:13 pm)Rapidsnap Thing is Blyth depot at its current location is on borrowed time, and will no doubt at some point be relocated to an industrial estate in either Blyth or Cramlington, though I think Cramlington will be the more likely location.

This is incorrect, Blyth depot as it is will be redeveloped into an open-air depot with planned capacity of 58 vehicles subject to planning approval.
omnicity4659
07 Feb 2022, 1:18 pm #72

(07 Feb 2022, 1:13 pm)Rapidsnap Thing is Blyth depot at its current location is on borrowed time, and will no doubt at some point be relocated to an industrial estate in either Blyth or Cramlington, though I think Cramlington will be the more likely location.

This is incorrect, Blyth depot as it is will be redeveloped into an open-air depot with planned capacity of 58 vehicles subject to planning approval.

07 Feb 2022, 1:37 pm #73
(07 Feb 2022, 1:18 pm)omnicity4659 This is incorrect, Blyth depot as it is will be redeveloped into an open-air depot with planned capacity of 58 vehicles subject to planning approval.
Yep, they've gone for the cheapest option available, although hardly surprising in the current climate.
Driver9***
07 Feb 2022, 1:37 pm #73

(07 Feb 2022, 1:18 pm)omnicity4659 This is incorrect, Blyth depot as it is will be redeveloped into an open-air depot with planned capacity of 58 vehicles subject to planning approval.
Yep, they've gone for the cheapest option available, although hardly surprising in the current climate.

Storx

07 Feb 2022, 2:47 pm #74

In the medium-long term it's definitely on borrowed time. There's massive redevelopment plans for Blyth and the plans need the depot and bus station gone to go anywhere. I believe they wanted to build a hotel and some form of education place where the depot is - whoever wants to stop at Blyth but that's another thing.
Storx
07 Feb 2022, 2:47 pm #74

In the medium-long term it's definitely on borrowed time. There's massive redevelopment plans for Blyth and the plans need the depot and bus station gone to go anywhere. I believe they wanted to build a hotel and some form of education place where the depot is - whoever wants to stop at Blyth but that's another thing.

07 Feb 2022, 3:12 pm #75
(07 Feb 2022, 2:47 pm)Storx In the medium-long term it's definitely on borrowed time. There's massive redevelopment plans for Blyth and the plans need the depot and bus station gone to go anywhere. I believe they wanted to build a hotel and some form of education place where the depot is - whoever wants to stop at Blyth but that's another thing.

There's a huge difference between plans and reality, especially when a certain political party are involved with it.

Ashington should be seen as an example of that. Half of the old depot and bus station is still a huge hole, some 6 years after demolition. Not to mention the new bus station which is nothing near what it was planned to be.
omnicity4659
07 Feb 2022, 3:12 pm #75

(07 Feb 2022, 2:47 pm)Storx In the medium-long term it's definitely on borrowed time. There's massive redevelopment plans for Blyth and the plans need the depot and bus station gone to go anywhere. I believe they wanted to build a hotel and some form of education place where the depot is - whoever wants to stop at Blyth but that's another thing.

There's a huge difference between plans and reality, especially when a certain political party are involved with it.

Ashington should be seen as an example of that. Half of the old depot and bus station is still a huge hole, some 6 years after demolition. Not to mention the new bus station which is nothing near what it was planned to be.

Adrian

07 Feb 2022, 3:23 pm #76

The bus depot doesn't feature in the latest regeneration plans. See: https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Econom...Blyth.aspx

It did feature at one time, but the most recent document I can find is from 2008!

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
07 Feb 2022, 3:23 pm #76

The bus depot doesn't feature in the latest regeneration plans. See: https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Econom...Blyth.aspx

It did feature at one time, but the most recent document I can find is from 2008!

07 Feb 2022, 3:26 pm #77
(07 Feb 2022, 3:23 pm)Adrian The bus depot doesn't feature in the latest regeneration plans. See: https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Econom...Blyth.aspx

Those images show the bus depot being built on (11 and 48), as well as the Arriva offices in the bus station (10) replaced, Adrian. The curved building on the corner to the right is where the shed of the Arriva depot is.

The whole project is vague with some very cheap and crude artist's impressions with barely any detail to them. I'd be surprised if this even went ahead.
omnicity4659
07 Feb 2022, 3:26 pm #77

(07 Feb 2022, 3:23 pm)Adrian The bus depot doesn't feature in the latest regeneration plans. See: https://www.northumberland.gov.uk/Econom...Blyth.aspx

Those images show the bus depot being built on (11 and 48), as well as the Arriva offices in the bus station (10) replaced, Adrian. The curved building on the corner to the right is where the shed of the Arriva depot is.

The whole project is vague with some very cheap and crude artist's impressions with barely any detail to them. I'd be surprised if this even went ahead.

Adrian

07 Feb 2022, 3:50 pm #78
(07 Feb 2022, 3:26 pm)omnicity4659 Those images show the bus depot being built on (11 and 48), as well as the Arriva offices in the bus station (10) replaced, Adrian. The curved building on the corner to the right is where the shed of the Arriva depot is.

Ah ok! I was getting confused with the Mecca on the sketched map. 

Looking at the planning application for the depot and future site plan, Arriva are perhaps working on the assumption that it won't go ahead, otherwise we've got two planned developments for the same site? Unless I'm looking at it wrong!

Adrian
07 Feb 2022, 3:50 pm #78

(07 Feb 2022, 3:26 pm)omnicity4659 Those images show the bus depot being built on (11 and 48), as well as the Arriva offices in the bus station (10) replaced, Adrian. The curved building on the corner to the right is where the shed of the Arriva depot is.

Ah ok! I was getting confused with the Mecca on the sketched map. 

Looking at the planning application for the depot and future site plan, Arriva are perhaps working on the assumption that it won't go ahead, otherwise we've got two planned developments for the same site? Unless I'm looking at it wrong!

07 Feb 2022, 4:03 pm #79
(07 Feb 2022, 3:50 pm)Adrian Ah ok! I was getting confused with the Mecca on the sketched map. 

Yeah, it's for the same site, although Arriva's is a fully submitted plan and the council's is no more than some drawings.
omnicity4659
07 Feb 2022, 4:03 pm #79

(07 Feb 2022, 3:50 pm)Adrian Ah ok! I was getting confused with the Mecca on the sketched map. 

Yeah, it's for the same site, although Arriva's is a fully submitted plan and the council's is no more than some drawings.

Storx

07 Feb 2022, 4:59 pm #80
(07 Feb 2022, 3:12 pm)omnicity4659 There's a huge difference between plans and reality, especially when a certain political party are involved with it.

Aye totally agreed there, ngl the Arriva plans seem rather on the cheap so maybe they might move sometime in the longer term. Your right though that it probably won't happen. Add Bedlington to that list aswell, mind isn't the bus station basically all that was planned, bar it actually had buildings around it, supposedly a cinema etc but it's gone very quiet lately. Believe Home Bargains is being built now though?
Storx
07 Feb 2022, 4:59 pm #80

(07 Feb 2022, 3:12 pm)omnicity4659 There's a huge difference between plans and reality, especially when a certain political party are involved with it.

Aye totally agreed there, ngl the Arriva plans seem rather on the cheap so maybe they might move sometime in the longer term. Your right though that it probably won't happen. Add Bedlington to that list aswell, mind isn't the bus station basically all that was planned, bar it actually had buildings around it, supposedly a cinema etc but it's gone very quiet lately. Believe Home Bargains is being built now though?

Pages (11): Previous 13 4 511 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average