Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Market Street

Market Street

Market Street

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2): Previous 1 2
Andreos1

18 Jan 2022, 12:08 pm #21
(18 Jan 2022, 11:06 am)Rob44 My mate actually works for them and i told him about the footpath so hopefully that will get looked at and sorted. But the bus shelter is the main thing for me. should be a double, if not treble on there for the number of buses serving the stop. Its just a shame they couldn't build a bus station in theta area... say worswick street?
Do all those buses need to be serving Market St or the town in general all of the time?
I'd argue that they don't, beyond the peaks or if there's a match on.

Saw 4 empty deckers following each other over the Tyne Bridge the other night. There was an X1, 56 and a 58 amongst them.
Guessing they had been following each other a good few miles before getting to the Tyne Bridge. No doubt the 56 and 58 followed each other back out over the High Level Bridge and back up Old Durham Road too.

Just like the 51 and 27 a few minutes later. Substitute Old Durham Road for Sunderland Road...

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
18 Jan 2022, 12:08 pm #21

(18 Jan 2022, 11:06 am)Rob44 My mate actually works for them and i told him about the footpath so hopefully that will get looked at and sorted. But the bus shelter is the main thing for me. should be a double, if not treble on there for the number of buses serving the stop. Its just a shame they couldn't build a bus station in theta area... say worswick street?
Do all those buses need to be serving Market St or the town in general all of the time?

Saw 4 empty deckers following each other over the Tyne Bridge the other night. There was an X1, 56 and a 58 amongst them.
Guessing they had been following each other a good few miles before getting to the Tyne Bridge. No doubt the 56 and 58 followed each other back out over the High Level Bridge and back up Old Durham Road too.

Just like the 51 and 27 a few minutes later. Substitute Old Durham Road for Sunderland Road...

Rob44

18 Jan 2022, 1:29 pm #22
(18 Jan 2022, 12:08 pm)Andreos1 Do all those buses need to be serving Market St or the town in general all of the time?

I dared to mention when i first posted on this board that more GNE buses could terminate at gateshead then either have a shuttle bus or god forbid use the metro to get customers into town.  Got shot down in flames..............
Rob44
18 Jan 2022, 1:29 pm #22

(18 Jan 2022, 12:08 pm)Andreos1 Do all those buses need to be serving Market St or the town in general all of the time?

I dared to mention when i first posted on this board that more GNE buses could terminate at gateshead then either have a shuttle bus or god forbid use the metro to get customers into town.  Got shot down in flames..............

Storx

18 Jan 2022, 1:55 pm #23
(18 Jan 2022, 1:29 pm)Rob44 I dared to mention when i first posted on this board that more GNE buses could terminate at gateshead then either have a shuttle bus or god forbid use the metro to get customers into town.  Got shot down in flames..............

It's pointless suggesting the Metro on here since it's not a bus. Some on here if they got their own way would rip up the tracks and replace the trains with buses. There's no need for half the buses going across the Tyne and they're the major cause of pollution in Newcastle (not cars).

It doesn't help that everything is timetabled at the same time then there's nothing for a bit especially in the evening in places. Not sure if it's like that down there but wouldn't surprise me.

I know at Haymarket the 43, 54, X9, X10, X21/X22 are all identical times (15/45) which follow each other along Gosforth High Street causing bother at the stops. Then there's barely nothing for the next 15 minutes until it starts again at 00/30. It's why it's always gridlock at the same times as everything leaves together.
Storx
18 Jan 2022, 1:55 pm #23

(18 Jan 2022, 1:29 pm)Rob44 I dared to mention when i first posted on this board that more GNE buses could terminate at gateshead then either have a shuttle bus or god forbid use the metro to get customers into town.  Got shot down in flames..............

It's pointless suggesting the Metro on here since it's not a bus. Some on here if they got their own way would rip up the tracks and replace the trains with buses. There's no need for half the buses going across the Tyne and they're the major cause of pollution in Newcastle (not cars).

It doesn't help that everything is timetabled at the same time then there's nothing for a bit especially in the evening in places. Not sure if it's like that down there but wouldn't surprise me.

I know at Haymarket the 43, 54, X9, X10, X21/X22 are all identical times (15/45) which follow each other along Gosforth High Street causing bother at the stops. Then there's barely nothing for the next 15 minutes until it starts again at 00/30. It's why it's always gridlock at the same times as everything leaves together.

Bazza

18 Jan 2022, 2:23 pm #24
(18 Jan 2022, 1:55 pm)Storx It's pointless suggesting the Metro on here since it's not a bus. Some on here if they got their own way would rip up the tracks and replace the trains with buses. There's no need for half the buses going across the Tyne and they're the major cause of pollution in Newcastle (not cars).

Really?
Bazza
18 Jan 2022, 2:23 pm #24

(18 Jan 2022, 1:55 pm)Storx It's pointless suggesting the Metro on here since it's not a bus. Some on here if they got their own way would rip up the tracks and replace the trains with buses. There's no need for half the buses going across the Tyne and they're the major cause of pollution in Newcastle (not cars).

Really?

Rob44

18 Jan 2022, 2:33 pm #25

thats a bit like the 28, 56 , 57 and x1 that all seem to leave wreckenton just before the hour mark when customers normally finish on the hour.
Rob44
18 Jan 2022, 2:33 pm #25

thats a bit like the 28, 56 , 57 and x1 that all seem to leave wreckenton just before the hour mark when customers normally finish on the hour.

Andreos1

18 Jan 2022, 2:51 pm #26
(18 Jan 2022, 2:23 pm)Bazza Really?
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...n-15893433

Theres plenty buses where the hot spots are.

Chester can be similar. 
It's been well known that the 21 arrived from Newcastle AFTER the 34 or 78 had left to go up to Waldridge or Lumley on an evening or Sunday. 

Not sure if it was ever fixed, but there's the 8 and 50 that always left at similar times.
Edited 18 Jan 2022, 2:55 pm by Andreos1.

Andreos1
18 Jan 2022, 2:51 pm #26

(18 Jan 2022, 2:23 pm)Bazza Really?
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...n-15893433

Chester can be similar. 
It's been well known that the 21 arrived from Newcastle AFTER the 34 or 78 had left to go up to Waldridge or Lumley on an evening or Sunday. 

Not sure if it was ever fixed, but there's the 8 and 50 that always left at similar times.

Bazza

18 Jan 2022, 5:46 pm #27
(18 Jan 2022, 2:51 pm)Andreos1 https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...n-15893433

Chester can be similar. 

Plenty of other traffic too. 

It’s common sense that one bus is going to be more polluting than one car.   It’s the number of cars that that bus can replace that’s the important figure. 

A quick Google brings up some stats that a bus carrying average occupancy of nine passengers is more polluting than a car with average occupancy of 1.57 people.
Bazza
18 Jan 2022, 5:46 pm #27

(18 Jan 2022, 2:51 pm)Andreos1 https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...n-15893433

Chester can be similar. 

Plenty of other traffic too. 

It’s common sense that one bus is going to be more polluting than one car.   It’s the number of cars that that bus can replace that’s the important figure. 

A quick Google brings up some stats that a bus carrying average occupancy of nine passengers is more polluting than a car with average occupancy of 1.57 people.

Storx

18 Jan 2022, 7:22 pm #28
(18 Jan 2022, 5:46 pm)Bazza Plenty of other traffic too. 

yeah - https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/sites/defau...202021.pdf (Page 28)

Some of the worst readings are in bus only or very very limited car areas. DT65 being the worst which is on Blackett Street. They're also the ones which are nearest people so they're more important than say Scotswood Road.

DT8/20/21 are Market Street
DT29/30/31 are Percy Street
DT7/64/65 are Blackett Street
DT6 is John Dobson Street
DT5 is St Mary's Place

Very hard to blame any of those on cars as there isn't any down those roads or very few. They were all up there with the worst last year infact DT29/30/31 and DT65 were last year other than the Tyne Bridge.

They're much worse than the likes of DT85/86 which are St James' Boulevard or DT91/92 which are Scotswood Road (some double).
Storx
18 Jan 2022, 7:22 pm #28

yeah - https://www.newcastle.gov.uk/sites/defau...202021.pdf (Page 28)

Some of the worst readings are in bus only or very very limited car areas. DT65 being the worst which is on Blackett Street. They're also the ones which are nearest people so they're more important than say Scotswood Road.

DT8/20/21 are Market Street
DT29/30/31 are Percy Street
DT7/64/65 are Blackett Street
DT6 is John Dobson Street
DT5 is St Mary's Place

Very hard to blame any of those on cars as there isn't any down those roads or very few. They were all up there with the worst last year infact DT29/30/31 and DT65 were last year other than the Tyne Bridge.

They're much worse than the likes of DT85/86 which are St James' Boulevard or DT91/92 which are Scotswood Road (some double).

Andreos1

18 Jan 2022, 9:19 pm #29

Not really. Especially when you consider the majority are bus only.

Andreos1
18 Jan 2022, 9:19 pm #29

Not really. Especially when you consider the majority are bus only.

19 Jan 2022, 3:07 pm #30
(18 Jan 2022, 5:46 pm)Bazza A quick Google brings up some stats that a bus carrying average occupancy of nine passengers is more polluting than a car with average occupancy of 1.57 people.

I'm not sure I believe this. You're telling me a Streetlite with 9 people on is more polluting than the average car? Rubbish.
deanmachine
19 Jan 2022, 3:07 pm #30

(18 Jan 2022, 5:46 pm)Bazza A quick Google brings up some stats that a bus carrying average occupancy of nine passengers is more polluting than a car with average occupancy of 1.57 people.

I'm not sure I believe this. You're telling me a Streetlite with 9 people on is more polluting than the average car? Rubbish.

Bazza

19 Jan 2022, 11:56 pm #31
(19 Jan 2022, 3:07 pm)deanmachine I'm not sure I believe this. You're telling me a Streetlite with 9 people on is more polluting than the average car? Rubbish.

Could very well be rubbish.  There is that much misinformation on the internet it is difficult to know what the true facts are.
Bazza
19 Jan 2022, 11:56 pm #31

(19 Jan 2022, 3:07 pm)deanmachine I'm not sure I believe this. You're telling me a Streetlite with 9 people on is more polluting than the average car? Rubbish.

Could very well be rubbish.  There is that much misinformation on the internet it is difficult to know what the true facts are.

Unber43

09 Oct 2022, 7:18 am #32
The stop for the 27/58/57 is such a nightmare, it needs a big shelter and the stops really need to be spaced out with the other part of Market Street shut till 2024 there needs to be some improvements, I mean you could move them to Blacklett Street which has shelters it would also be great for connections for Eldon Square and Haymarket Services aswell.
Unber43
09 Oct 2022, 7:18 am #32

The stop for the 27/58/57 is such a nightmare, it needs a big shelter and the stops really need to be spaced out with the other part of Market Street shut till 2024 there needs to be some improvements, I mean you could move them to Blacklett Street which has shelters it would also be great for connections for Eldon Square and Haymarket Services aswell.

BusLoverMum

09 Oct 2022, 9:29 am #33
(09 Oct 2022, 7:18 am)Unber43 The stop for the 27/58/57 is such a nightmare, it needs a big shelter and the stops really need to be spaced out with the other part of Market Street shut till 2024 there needs to be some improvements, I mean you could move them to Blacklett Street which has shelters it would also be great for connections for Eldon Square and Haymarket Services aswell.
You can't move stops to a street that will be closed to all traffic in the not too distant future.
BusLoverMum
09 Oct 2022, 9:29 am #33

(09 Oct 2022, 7:18 am)Unber43 The stop for the 27/58/57 is such a nightmare, it needs a big shelter and the stops really need to be spaced out with the other part of Market Street shut till 2024 there needs to be some improvements, I mean you could move them to Blacklett Street which has shelters it would also be great for connections for Eldon Square and Haymarket Services aswell.
You can't move stops to a street that will be closed to all traffic in the not too distant future.

Pages (2): Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average