Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Go North East GNE Cover Buses

GNE Cover Buses

GNE Cover Buses

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Omega54

16 Jan 2022, 1:11 pm #1
Ik GNE have a daily updates for cancellations, however on that cancellation sheet I hope that GNE might update it to add what routes are covered by what other companies, so passengers know.(might also give enthusiasts time to get on some rare buses) e.g ALine Cadet/Solar
Omega54
16 Jan 2022, 1:11 pm #1

Ik GNE have a daily updates for cancellations, however on that cancellation sheet I hope that GNE might update it to add what routes are covered by what other companies, so passengers know.(might also give enthusiasts time to get on some rare buses) e.g ALine Cadet/Solar

17 Jan 2022, 5:36 pm #2
(16 Jan 2022, 1:11 pm)Omega54 Ik GNE have a daily updates for cancellations, however on that cancellation sheet I hope that GNE might update it to add what routes are covered by what other companies, so passengers know.(might also give enthusiasts time to get on some rare buses) e.g ALine Cadet/Solar

Do you not think that GNE have more important considerations to worry about such as trying to cover the work and running services rather than ensuring that spotters can rush out and catch a rare working. GNE has a reputation for being very accommodating to enthusiasts which is to be commended, but they are running a business at the end of the day and a large number of people - especially given the current situation - will not care what bus or who's driving it as long as it takes them where they want to be.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
17 Jan 2022, 5:36 pm #2

(16 Jan 2022, 1:11 pm)Omega54 Ik GNE have a daily updates for cancellations, however on that cancellation sheet I hope that GNE might update it to add what routes are covered by what other companies, so passengers know.(might also give enthusiasts time to get on some rare buses) e.g ALine Cadet/Solar

Do you not think that GNE have more important considerations to worry about such as trying to cover the work and running services rather than ensuring that spotters can rush out and catch a rare working. GNE has a reputation for being very accommodating to enthusiasts which is to be commended, but they are running a business at the end of the day and a large number of people - especially given the current situation - will not care what bus or who's driving it as long as it takes them where they want to be.

Omega54

17 Jan 2022, 6:16 pm #3
(17 Jan 2022, 5:36 pm)6049 Do you not think that GNE have more important considerations to worry about such as trying to cover the work and running services rather than ensuring that spotters can rush out and catch a rare working. GNE has a reputation for being very accommodating to enthusiasts which is to be commended, but they are running a business at the end of the day and a large number of people - especially given the current situation - will not care what bus or who's driving it as long as it takes them where they want to be.

Yeah, GNE are very good for that. However I do wonder how many people wouldn't get on it because it has JH Coaches or A-Line on the front of it.
Omega54
17 Jan 2022, 6:16 pm #3

(17 Jan 2022, 5:36 pm)6049 Do you not think that GNE have more important considerations to worry about such as trying to cover the work and running services rather than ensuring that spotters can rush out and catch a rare working. GNE has a reputation for being very accommodating to enthusiasts which is to be commended, but they are running a business at the end of the day and a large number of people - especially given the current situation - will not care what bus or who's driving it as long as it takes them where they want to be.

Yeah, GNE are very good for that. However I do wonder how many people wouldn't get on it because it has JH Coaches or A-Line on the front of it.

ne14ne1

17 Jan 2022, 7:02 pm #4
(17 Jan 2022, 6:16 pm)Omega54 Yeah, GNE are very good for that. However I do wonder how many people wouldn't get on it because it has JH Coaches or A-Line on the front of it.

They may notice the different company name but I think as long as the destination screen is saying the right thing they’d probably board the service.

To be fair several GNE buses only have a subtle company name hidden amongst the branding, so if a different branded bus turned up to cover another route your worry could apply there too. Or when Voyager are covering for GNE…
ne14ne1
17 Jan 2022, 7:02 pm #4

(17 Jan 2022, 6:16 pm)Omega54 Yeah, GNE are very good for that. However I do wonder how many people wouldn't get on it because it has JH Coaches or A-Line on the front of it.

They may notice the different company name but I think as long as the destination screen is saying the right thing they’d probably board the service.

To be fair several GNE buses only have a subtle company name hidden amongst the branding, so if a different branded bus turned up to cover another route your worry could apply there too. Or when Voyager are covering for GNE…

Omega54

17 Jan 2022, 7:04 pm #5
(17 Jan 2022, 7:02 pm)ne14ne1 They may notice the different company name but I think as long as the destination screen is saying the right thing they’d probably board the service.

I have been on buses where people didn't look at a display and just got on it. I have a friend who thought the X45 was the X31 and ended up in Stanley. Or my other friend who got the 35 to Bolden when they were meant to be going to East Herrington.
Omega54
17 Jan 2022, 7:04 pm #5

(17 Jan 2022, 7:02 pm)ne14ne1 They may notice the different company name but I think as long as the destination screen is saying the right thing they’d probably board the service.

I have been on buses where people didn't look at a display and just got on it. I have a friend who thought the X45 was the X31 and ended up in Stanley. Or my other friend who got the 35 to Bolden when they were meant to be going to East Herrington.

ne14ne1

17 Jan 2022, 7:26 pm #6
(17 Jan 2022, 7:04 pm)Omega54 I have been on buses where people didn't look at a display and just got on it. I have a friend who thought the X45 was the X31 and ended up in Stanley. Or my other friend who got the 35 to Bolden when they were meant to be going to East Herrington.

Not sure what your point is here. That’s their stupid fault.
At the end of the day the destination screen is the only thing you (should) have to read.
ne14ne1
17 Jan 2022, 7:26 pm #6

(17 Jan 2022, 7:04 pm)Omega54 I have been on buses where people didn't look at a display and just got on it. I have a friend who thought the X45 was the X31 and ended up in Stanley. Or my other friend who got the 35 to Bolden when they were meant to be going to East Herrington.

Not sure what your point is here. That’s their stupid fault.
At the end of the day the destination screen is the only thing you (should) have to read.

17 Jan 2022, 8:06 pm #7
(17 Jan 2022, 7:26 pm)ne14ne1 Not sure what your point is here. That’s their stupid fault.
Nowadays, they don't even have to read. The bus will literally say to them, this is the X31 service to Stanley. If you think that's an X45 after that then you're beyond help imo

17 Jan 2022, 8:06 pm #7

(17 Jan 2022, 7:26 pm)ne14ne1 Not sure what your point is here. That’s their stupid fault.
Nowadays, they don't even have to read. The bus will literally say to them, this is the X31 service to Stanley. If you think that's an X45 after that then you're beyond help imo

ne14ne1

17 Jan 2022, 8:32 pm #8
(17 Jan 2022, 8:06 pm)6049 Nowadays, they don't even have to read. The bus will literally say to them, this is the X31 service to Stanley. If you think that's an X45 after that then you're beyond help imo

haha well yes, once you’re on it.

Buses in New York verbally announce the service number and destination on the outside of the bus too as the doors open so blind/visually impaired people at the bus stop know what bus has pulled up.
I think MG once said they do it somewhere in the UK, maybe somewhere he’s previously worked. I can’t remember.
ne14ne1
17 Jan 2022, 8:32 pm #8

(17 Jan 2022, 8:06 pm)6049 Nowadays, they don't even have to read. The bus will literally say to them, this is the X31 service to Stanley. If you think that's an X45 after that then you're beyond help imo

haha well yes, once you’re on it.

Buses in New York verbally announce the service number and destination on the outside of the bus too as the doors open so blind/visually impaired people at the bus stop know what bus has pulled up.
I think MG once said they do it somewhere in the UK, maybe somewhere he’s previously worked. I can’t remember.

Adrian

17 Jan 2022, 9:23 pm #9
(17 Jan 2022, 8:32 pm)ne14ne1 haha well yes, once you’re on it.

They do in Reading. Or at least some do!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
17 Jan 2022, 9:23 pm #9

(17 Jan 2022, 8:32 pm)ne14ne1 haha well yes, once you’re on it.

They do in Reading. Or at least some do!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

BusLoverMum

18 Jan 2022, 12:09 am #10
When JH filled in for ANE on Durham, last year, all other passengers cared about was that the bus took them home.
BusLoverMum
18 Jan 2022, 12:09 am #10

When JH filled in for ANE on Durham, last year, all other passengers cared about was that the bus took them home.

LeeCalder

19 Jan 2022, 10:45 am #11

It's already quite a time consuming task to compile and send out this information, so I don't think there's any chance of this happening.
LeeCalder
19 Jan 2022, 10:45 am #11

It's already quite a time consuming task to compile and send out this information, so I don't think there's any chance of this happening.

19 Jan 2022, 2:20 pm #12
When I was in Newcastle yesterday I saw Stanley covering what I think was the 47, I don't know if it was because they had the 'please wear a mask' on the screen over the destination and route number for far too long

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
streetdeckfan
19 Jan 2022, 2:20 pm #12

When I was in Newcastle yesterday I saw Stanley covering what I think was the 47, I don't know if it was because they had the 'please wear a mask' on the screen over the destination and route number for far too long

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

Jimmi

19 Jan 2022, 5:41 pm #13
(19 Jan 2022, 2:20 pm)streetdeckfan When I was in Newcastle yesterday I saw Stanley covering what I think was the 47, I don't know if it was because they had the 'please wear a mask' on the screen over the destination and route number for far too long
Stanley Travel have two set boards on weekdays atm, been the same journeys for the last few weeks: https://bustimes.org/vehicles/279295
Jimmi
19 Jan 2022, 5:41 pm #13

(19 Jan 2022, 2:20 pm)streetdeckfan When I was in Newcastle yesterday I saw Stanley covering what I think was the 47, I don't know if it was because they had the 'please wear a mask' on the screen over the destination and route number for far too long
Stanley Travel have two set boards on weekdays atm, been the same journeys for the last few weeks: https://bustimes.org/vehicles/279295

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average