Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Bus services operating with local authority funding

Bus services operating with local authority funding

Bus services operating with local authority funding

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (2) Previous 1 2
Adrian

21 Jan 2022, 8:55 am #21
(20 Jan 2022, 11:19 pm)idiot Well i mean all formats including pdfs.

Just had a quick look and noticed Nexus don't even do this on the PDF timetables they produce, nor do they do so on the bus stop liners. I'm not sure you could mandate an operator to do something that you're not doing yourself. 

Although for transparency, I think the list should be more readily available than having to request using the Freedom of Information Act, I'd argue that it's not important to the vast majority of customers reading those timetables. A timetable should be easy to read and clutter free.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
21 Jan 2022, 8:55 am #21

(20 Jan 2022, 11:19 pm)idiot Well i mean all formats including pdfs.

Just had a quick look and noticed Nexus don't even do this on the PDF timetables they produce, nor do they do so on the bus stop liners. I'm not sure you could mandate an operator to do something that you're not doing yourself. 

Although for transparency, I think the list should be more readily available than having to request using the Freedom of Information Act, I'd argue that it's not important to the vast majority of customers reading those timetables. A timetable should be easy to read and clutter free.

Rob44

21 Jan 2022, 11:46 am #22
I am sure i once looked at a timetable at a bus stop and it said something like journeys marked with a $ are aoperated by ( insert bus company) on behalf of nexus. Not seen any recently though
Rob44
21 Jan 2022, 11:46 am #22

I am sure i once looked at a timetable at a bus stop and it said something like journeys marked with a $ are aoperated by ( insert bus company) on behalf of nexus. Not seen any recently though

Jimmi

21 Jan 2022, 12:09 pm #23
(21 Jan 2022, 11:46 am)Rob44 I am sure i once looked at a timetable at a bus stop and it said something like journeys marked with a $ are aoperated by ( insert bus company) on behalf of nexus. Not seen any recently though
I know some operator timetables used to indicate which journeys are tendered usually with an $ or a footnote at the bottom of the timetable (latter usually applied for fully supported services). Can't remember the last time I saw that happen up here although the methods used for timetables online now don't help matters, impossible enough to understand as it is especially Arriva's.
Jimmi
21 Jan 2022, 12:09 pm #23

(21 Jan 2022, 11:46 am)Rob44 I am sure i once looked at a timetable at a bus stop and it said something like journeys marked with a $ are aoperated by ( insert bus company) on behalf of nexus. Not seen any recently though
I know some operator timetables used to indicate which journeys are tendered usually with an $ or a footnote at the bottom of the timetable (latter usually applied for fully supported services). Can't remember the last time I saw that happen up here although the methods used for timetables online now don't help matters, impossible enough to understand as it is especially Arriva's.

Storx

21 Jan 2022, 12:16 pm #24
(21 Jan 2022, 12:09 pm)Jimmi I know some operator timetables used to indicate which journeys are tendered usually with an $ or a footnote at the bottom of the timetable (latter usually applied for fully supported services). Can't remember the last time I saw that happen up here although the methods used for timetables online now don't help matters, impossible enough to understand as it is especially Arriva's.

A good start would be to acknowledge the route even exists first. GNE is really bad for it, I know the printed timetables have them displayed but if you looked at the 11 for example you'd think the last bus was 17:32 out of Wallsend.

https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/f...131021.pdf - Btw it still happens up here on Nexus though (if it's a different operator).
Storx
21 Jan 2022, 12:16 pm #24

(21 Jan 2022, 12:09 pm)Jimmi I know some operator timetables used to indicate which journeys are tendered usually with an $ or a footnote at the bottom of the timetable (latter usually applied for fully supported services). Can't remember the last time I saw that happen up here although the methods used for timetables online now don't help matters, impossible enough to understand as it is especially Arriva's.

A good start would be to acknowledge the route even exists first. GNE is really bad for it, I know the printed timetables have them displayed but if you looked at the 11 for example you'd think the last bus was 17:32 out of Wallsend.

https://www.nexus.org.uk/sites/default/f...131021.pdf - Btw it still happens up here on Nexus though (if it's a different operator).

Adrian

21 Jan 2022, 12:35 pm #25
(21 Jan 2022, 12:16 pm)Storx A good start would be to acknowledge the route even exists first. GNE is really bad for it, I know the printed timetables have them displayed but if you looked at the 11 for example you'd think the last bus was 17:32 out of Wallsend.

Does a fare arrangement exist for the GCT operated 11 journeys? i.e. can Go Zones tickets be used or is the £1 fare valid?

Adrian
21 Jan 2022, 12:35 pm #25

(21 Jan 2022, 12:16 pm)Storx A good start would be to acknowledge the route even exists first. GNE is really bad for it, I know the printed timetables have them displayed but if you looked at the 11 for example you'd think the last bus was 17:32 out of Wallsend.

Does a fare arrangement exist for the GCT operated 11 journeys? i.e. can Go Zones tickets be used or is the £1 fare valid?

Rob44

21 Jan 2022, 12:43 pm #26
(21 Jan 2022, 12:35 pm)Adrian Does a fare arrangement exist for the GCT operated 11 journeys? i.e. can Go Zones tickets be used or is the £1 fare valid?

Im sure when the 29 was paid by nexus you couldnt use the puprple day ticket on it or buy it ( or whatever the ticket was called back then) on that service, and it was 10p more expensive to gateshead than the 28a but 10p cheap to saisbuyrys from kibblesworth
Rob44
21 Jan 2022, 12:43 pm #26

(21 Jan 2022, 12:35 pm)Adrian Does a fare arrangement exist for the GCT operated 11 journeys? i.e. can Go Zones tickets be used or is the £1 fare valid?

Im sure when the 29 was paid by nexus you couldnt use the puprple day ticket on it or buy it ( or whatever the ticket was called back then) on that service, and it was 10p more expensive to gateshead than the 28a but 10p cheap to saisbuyrys from kibblesworth

21 Jan 2022, 12:57 pm #27

Yes, Go Zones are valid on all Little Coasters services operated by Gateshead Central on evenings and Sundays. The £1 fare is supposed to be available, but apparently GCT say not as its a Go North East offer.
OrangeArrow49
21 Jan 2022, 12:57 pm #27

Yes, Go Zones are valid on all Little Coasters services operated by Gateshead Central on evenings and Sundays. The £1 fare is supposed to be available, but apparently GCT say not as its a Go North East offer.

Andreos1

21 Jan 2022, 1:22 pm #28
(21 Jan 2022, 11:46 am)Rob44 I am sure i once looked at a timetable at a bus stop and it said something like journeys marked with a $ are aoperated by ( insert bus company) on behalf of nexus.  Not seen any recently though
They often used the Nexus pipes when that logo was first introduced.

I've said similar in the past.
Surely it's just basic joined up thinking. It's not one upmanship, it's not a shrug of the shoulders it should be about all operators working for the benefit of the passenger and could possibly see the overall numbers on daytime and evening services actually increase.
Edited 21 Jan 2022, 1:24 pm by Andreos1.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
21 Jan 2022, 1:22 pm #28

(21 Jan 2022, 11:46 am)Rob44 I am sure i once looked at a timetable at a bus stop and it said something like journeys marked with a $ are aoperated by ( insert bus company) on behalf of nexus.  Not seen any recently though
They often used the Nexus pipes when that logo was first introduced.

I've said similar in the past.
Surely it's just basic joined up thinking. It's not one upmanship, it's not a shrug of the shoulders it should be about all operators working for the benefit of the passenger and could possibly see the overall numbers on daytime and evening services actually increase.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Storx

21 Jan 2022, 1:27 pm #29

I'm honestly not sure if the £1 fares are available (I don't think so). Pre purchased GoNorthEast tickets and passes are valid though according to the printed timetable.

The fact were having this discussion shows how confusing it is, we know how to read a timetable god knows what Betty who uses the bus once a month would think.
Storx
21 Jan 2022, 1:27 pm #29

I'm honestly not sure if the £1 fares are available (I don't think so). Pre purchased GoNorthEast tickets and passes are valid though according to the printed timetable.

The fact were having this discussion shows how confusing it is, we know how to read a timetable god knows what Betty who uses the bus once a month would think.

Pages (2) Previous 1 2

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average