Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Nexus Tenders | Newcastle & North Tyneside - March 2022

Nexus Tenders | Newcastle & North Tyneside - March 2022

Nexus Tenders | Newcastle & North Tyneside - March 2022

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (24): Previous 122 23 24
L469 YVK

06 Apr 2022, 3:28 pm #461
Only real threat to the 1 would be if Stagecoach extended the 22 to Whitley Bay. However, reliability would go to the wall. I could likely see the 22 maybe extended to Northumberland Park
L469 YVK
06 Apr 2022, 3:28 pm #461

Only real threat to the 1 would be if Stagecoach extended the 22 to Whitley Bay. However, reliability would go to the wall. I could likely see the 22 maybe extended to Northumberland Park

RMF1254

07 Apr 2022, 9:11 am #462
(06 Apr 2022, 12:23 pm)stagecoachbusdepot And this is why it's also harsh to blame Nexus.  When they do it early, the wrong info is displayed for a few days.  When they do it late, the wrong info is displayed for a few days.  Neither is better or worse than the other option.  The only way to do it would be to work through the night on the Saturday after services finish and update over 2000 stops before services begin again on the Sunday morning.  It's very rare for me to defend Nexus but on this one (both preserving as much of the network as they have after the operators put profit before people, and updating the stop within a couple of days) I think Nexus have done a decent job.
I noticed new timetable displays displayed the week before the changes. At least this gave regular users to see what was happening at their stop. I think Nexus did well in this respect. Interestingly I saw someone with a Nexus 342 leaflet on the 41 the other day. The problem with Nexus is they don’t have any distribution points for leaflets. The empty racks in the Haymarket inspectors’ office could possibly have been put out for the service changes. The biggest problem is the operators who don’t produce leaflets.
RMF1254
07 Apr 2022, 9:11 am #462

(06 Apr 2022, 12:23 pm)stagecoachbusdepot And this is why it's also harsh to blame Nexus.  When they do it early, the wrong info is displayed for a few days.  When they do it late, the wrong info is displayed for a few days.  Neither is better or worse than the other option.  The only way to do it would be to work through the night on the Saturday after services finish and update over 2000 stops before services begin again on the Sunday morning.  It's very rare for me to defend Nexus but on this one (both preserving as much of the network as they have after the operators put profit before people, and updating the stop within a couple of days) I think Nexus have done a decent job.
I noticed new timetable displays displayed the week before the changes. At least this gave regular users to see what was happening at their stop. I think Nexus did well in this respect. Interestingly I saw someone with a Nexus 342 leaflet on the 41 the other day. The problem with Nexus is they don’t have any distribution points for leaflets. The empty racks in the Haymarket inspectors’ office could possibly have been put out for the service changes. The biggest problem is the operators who don’t produce leaflets.

Thomas12

20 Jul 2022, 8:28 pm #463
Bringing up an old thread here, but I was under the impression that the K2 which was withdrawn in March would be returning this month.

However, there is no mention of this on the Nexus website - is this still going ahead?
Thomas12
20 Jul 2022, 8:28 pm #463

Bringing up an old thread here, but I was under the impression that the K2 which was withdrawn in March would be returning this month.

However, there is no mention of this on the Nexus website - is this still going ahead?

Pages (24): Previous 122 23 24

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average