Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events Teesside Transporter Bridge Running Day 500 Group Changed

Teesside Transporter Bridge Running Day 500 Group Changed

Teesside Transporter Bridge Running Day 500 Group Changed

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Train8261

01 Mar 2022, 3:46 pm #1
Title is long I know but the 500 group of Teesside confirmed on there website the Transporter Bridge event in April will not happen this year or mostly like not there again. Down below is what they have said about the event

Sadly, it is not proved practical to organise a 2022 Teesside Running Day in its traditional April slot nor at its Transporter Bridge base. We are looking for an alternative venue, perhaps for a reduced, September event and we will provide updates here
Train8261
01 Mar 2022, 3:46 pm #1

Title is long I know but the 500 group of Teesside confirmed on there website the Transporter Bridge event in April will not happen this year or mostly like not there again. Down below is what they have said about the event

Sadly, it is not proved practical to organise a 2022 Teesside Running Day in its traditional April slot nor at its Transporter Bridge base. We are looking for an alternative venue, perhaps for a reduced, September event and we will provide updates here

MurdnunoC

01 Mar 2022, 4:38 pm #2
I blame BridgeNorth.

After dismantling the Transporter Bridge and moving it Arizona, it's no longer possible to run shuttle services from either Middlesbrough Bus Station or Stockton High Street to the area due to distance and rising fuel costs.
MurdnunoC
01 Mar 2022, 4:38 pm #2

I blame BridgeNorth.

After dismantling the Transporter Bridge and moving it Arizona, it's no longer possible to run shuttle services from either Middlesbrough Bus Station or Stockton High Street to the area due to distance and rising fuel costs.

Kuyoyo

02 Mar 2022, 9:56 am #3
Maybe if we put this into context - this is what we group members have seen in the latest edition of the group newsletter

Sadly, it is not proved practical to organise a 2022 Running Day in its traditional April slot. Also, the Transporter does not seem to be an option for the base anyway, perhaps for some years to come, as all the facilities there are closed and the barriers preventing access to the gondola would also impact on our operations. We are looking for an alternative venue, perhaps for a reduced September event and we will provide updates on the website.
Kuyoyo
02 Mar 2022, 9:56 am #3

Maybe if we put this into context - this is what we group members have seen in the latest edition of the group newsletter

Sadly, it is not proved practical to organise a 2022 Running Day in its traditional April slot. Also, the Transporter does not seem to be an option for the base anyway, perhaps for some years to come, as all the facilities there are closed and the barriers preventing access to the gondola would also impact on our operations. We are looking for an alternative venue, perhaps for a reduced September event and we will provide updates on the website.

MurdnunoC

02 Mar 2022, 2:49 pm #4
(02 Mar 2022, 9:56 am)Kuyoyo Maybe if we put this into context - this is what we group members have seen in the latest edition of the group newsletter

As I've said in the past, this rally is usually the best one hosted in the region. Rescheduling in September might be a work out to be a good thing as all the other rallies are done and the best might as well be saved until last
MurdnunoC
02 Mar 2022, 2:49 pm #4

(02 Mar 2022, 9:56 am)Kuyoyo Maybe if we put this into context - this is what we group members have seen in the latest edition of the group newsletter

As I've said in the past, this rally is usually the best one hosted in the region. Rescheduling in September might be a work out to be a good thing as all the other rallies are done and the best might as well be saved until last

02 Mar 2022, 4:21 pm #5
There has been repairs going on at the Bridge for years. As for alternative locations, maybe outside the Riverside Football Stadium, especially with the improvements to the road network in the area. Teesside Park would be unsuitable due to amount of traffic. Don't think anything on Portrack Lane would be appealing either.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.
Rapidsnap
02 Mar 2022, 4:21 pm #5

There has been repairs going on at the Bridge for years. As for alternative locations, maybe outside the Riverside Football Stadium, especially with the improvements to the road network in the area. Teesside Park would be unsuitable due to amount of traffic. Don't think anything on Portrack Lane would be appealing either.

Please feel free to visit my Flickr page - https://www.flickr.com/photos/gjm-photogenic/
Who needs heroes anyway? Villians have more fun.

James101

02 Mar 2022, 9:08 pm #6
Is it worth suggesting Seaton Carew bus station and coach park? Iconic location for photography, ample bus parking and ready made departure/layover facilities. Public toilets, spectate free visitor parking and reasonable amount of passing public but not too much after peak season.
James101
02 Mar 2022, 9:08 pm #6

Is it worth suggesting Seaton Carew bus station and coach park? Iconic location for photography, ample bus parking and ready made departure/layover facilities. Public toilets, spectate free visitor parking and reasonable amount of passing public but not too much after peak season.

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average