Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Local Bus Events North East Bus & Coach Show @ Metrocentre 2022

North East Bus & Coach Show @ Metrocentre 2022

North East Bus & Coach Show @ Metrocentre 2022

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Train8261

02 Mar 2022, 6:55 pm #1
Metrocentre Bus & Coach Rally 2022 confirmed 15th May
Train8261
02 Mar 2022, 6:55 pm #1

Metrocentre Bus & Coach Rally 2022 confirmed 15th May

Train8261

06 Mar 2022, 11:15 am #2
Confirm on Facebook by the North East Bus Preservation Trust that an open day at the Go North East Riverside Depot will happen again with a shuttle service
Train8261
06 Mar 2022, 11:15 am #2

Confirm on Facebook by the North East Bus Preservation Trust that an open day at the Go North East Riverside Depot will happen again with a shuttle service

Adrian

06 Mar 2022, 2:13 pm #3
(06 Mar 2022, 11:15 am)Train8261 Confirm on Facebook by the North East Bus Preservation Trust that an open day at the Go North East Riverside Depot will happen again with a shuttle service

Is it a shuttle service and an open day at Riverside Depot? Or the two merged into one?

Seems a bit pointless having a shuttle to the depot, aside from those who really need to use it, as its a 5 minute walk at most.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
06 Mar 2022, 2:13 pm #3

(06 Mar 2022, 11:15 am)Train8261 Confirm on Facebook by the North East Bus Preservation Trust that an open day at the Go North East Riverside Depot will happen again with a shuttle service

Is it a shuttle service and an open day at Riverside Depot? Or the two merged into one?

Seems a bit pointless having a shuttle to the depot, aside from those who really need to use it, as its a 5 minute walk at most.

Train8261

06 Mar 2022, 2:16 pm #4
(06 Mar 2022, 2:13 pm)Adrian Is it a shuttle service and an open day at Riverside Depot? Or the two merged into one?

Yep too and from the depot only. Possibly the same as last year
Train8261
06 Mar 2022, 2:16 pm #4

(06 Mar 2022, 2:13 pm)Adrian Is it a shuttle service and an open day at Riverside Depot? Or the two merged into one?

Yep too and from the depot only. Possibly the same as last year

06 Mar 2022, 9:51 pm #5

I wonder if anything interesting will be at the depot for the open day? A-Line should do an open day.
OrangeArrow49
06 Mar 2022, 9:51 pm #5

I wonder if anything interesting will be at the depot for the open day? A-Line should do an open day.

Adrian

06 Mar 2022, 9:59 pm #6
(06 Mar 2022, 9:51 pm)OrangeArrow49 I wonder if anything interesting will be at the depot for the open day? A-Line should do an open day.

Not so much an open day, but they'd probably be accommodating if you wanted to visit their depot and have a look around. Worst they can say is no if you called them to ask.

Adrian
06 Mar 2022, 9:59 pm #6

(06 Mar 2022, 9:51 pm)OrangeArrow49 I wonder if anything interesting will be at the depot for the open day? A-Line should do an open day.

Not so much an open day, but they'd probably be accommodating if you wanted to visit their depot and have a look around. Worst they can say is no if you called them to ask.

06 Mar 2022, 10:05 pm #7
(06 Mar 2022, 9:59 pm)Adrian Not so much an open day, but they'd probably be accommodating if you wanted to visit their depot and have a look around. Worst they can say is no if you called them to ask.

GNE or A-Line? I've seen the Henry Cooper depot in passing, and I think GCT's in Felling on the Metro (some orange deckers). A-Line would be good to look around.
OrangeArrow49
06 Mar 2022, 10:05 pm #7

(06 Mar 2022, 9:59 pm)Adrian Not so much an open day, but they'd probably be accommodating if you wanted to visit their depot and have a look around. Worst they can say is no if you called them to ask.

GNE or A-Line? I've seen the Henry Cooper depot in passing, and I think GCT's in Felling on the Metro (some orange deckers). A-Line would be good to look around.

15 Mar 2022, 7:45 pm #8

What company has the best depot to look around? Could I arrange to visit any operator's depot? I've passed GCT, Henry Cooper and J H Coaches and been to GNE Riverside and Stagecoach Slatyford. Exactly what could I see at the A-Line depot?
OrangeArrow49
15 Mar 2022, 7:45 pm #8

What company has the best depot to look around? Could I arrange to visit any operator's depot? I've passed GCT, Henry Cooper and J H Coaches and been to GNE Riverside and Stagecoach Slatyford. Exactly what could I see at the A-Line depot?

Train8261

15 Mar 2022, 7:55 pm #9
(15 Mar 2022, 7:45 pm)OrangeArrow49 What company has the best depot to look around? Could I arrange to visit any operator's depot? I've passed GCT, Henry Cooper and J H Coaches and been to GNE Riverside and Stagecoach Slatyford. Exactly what could I see at the A-Line depot?
Gct u have no chance 

Henry Cooper probably 

Jh no idea 

A line is just there fleet of 
Two ex gne Scania L94 Wright Solar 
Three Ex Lothian Volvo B7RLE Wright Eclipse Urban 
Two Optare Versas & Dan's Volvo B10BLE if its there
Train8261
15 Mar 2022, 7:55 pm #9

(15 Mar 2022, 7:45 pm)OrangeArrow49 What company has the best depot to look around? Could I arrange to visit any operator's depot? I've passed GCT, Henry Cooper and J H Coaches and been to GNE Riverside and Stagecoach Slatyford. Exactly what could I see at the A-Line depot?
Gct u have no chance 

Henry Cooper probably 

Jh no idea 

Train8261

16 Mar 2022, 10:35 am #10
Some information about the event

At the Metrocentre Coach Park

This is a joint event with the Go North East Riverside Depot Open Day.

A selection of classic and modern buses & coaches will be on display, accompanied by trade stalls.

A free classic and modern bus service will operate from Newcastle & Gateshead. A free shuttle bus service will also run between the Metrocentre Coach Park and Riverside Depot.

Full details of the free bus services will be available nearer the time.

To travel to the event by public transport catch any bus or rail service serving the Metrocentre and walk over the footbridge to the Metrocentre Coach Park.

Looks like there will be a shuttle service from Newcastle & Gateshead

More than likely Bewick Street near Central & Gateshead Interchange for the shuttle service
Edited 16 Mar 2022, 10:36 am by Train8261.
Train8261
16 Mar 2022, 10:35 am #10

Some information about the event

At the Metrocentre Coach Park

This is a joint event with the Go North East Riverside Depot Open Day.

A selection of classic and modern buses & coaches will be on display, accompanied by trade stalls.

A free classic and modern bus service will operate from Newcastle & Gateshead. A free shuttle bus service will also run between the Metrocentre Coach Park and Riverside Depot.

Full details of the free bus services will be available nearer the time.

To travel to the event by public transport catch any bus or rail service serving the Metrocentre and walk over the footbridge to the Metrocentre Coach Park.

Looks like there will be a shuttle service from Newcastle & Gateshead

More than likely Bewick Street near Central & Gateshead Interchange for the shuttle service

Train8261

24 Mar 2022, 9:37 am #11
Confirming the Go North East twitter page that 6337 will take centre stage at the Riverside Depot Open Day on the 15th

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1...Pc8vC_ynZQ&s=19
Train8261
24 Mar 2022, 9:37 am #11

Confirming the Go North East twitter page that 6337 will take centre stage at the Riverside Depot Open Day on the 15th

https://twitter.com/gonortheast/status/1...Pc8vC_ynZQ&s=19

Aaron21

08 May 2022, 11:20 pm #12
Metrocentre is next Sunday. Looks the North East Bus Preservation Trust are doing the same as last year and don't seem to be putting entries out on the page. However Facebook has produced quite a few buses turning up

One hopefully attending if done is a Carlisle Enviro 400 in platinum Jubilee livery as confirmation on twitter

https://twitter.com/fogonthetyne92/statu...OGLrOeyEEA&s=19
Aaron21
08 May 2022, 11:20 pm #12

Metrocentre is next Sunday. Looks the North East Bus Preservation Trust are doing the same as last year and don't seem to be putting entries out on the page. However Facebook has produced quite a few buses turning up

One hopefully attending if done is a Carlisle Enviro 400 in platinum Jubilee livery as confirmation on twitter

https://twitter.com/fogonthetyne92/statu...OGLrOeyEEA&s=19

15 Oct 2022, 6:20 am #13
(15 Mar 2022, 7:55 pm)Train8261 Gct u have no chance 

Henry Cooper probably 

Jh no idea 

JH are accomodating, they have spotters go quite often. Just report to reception and ask, and of course remember a hi-viz.
adavies3774
15 Oct 2022, 6:20 am #13

(15 Mar 2022, 7:55 pm)Train8261 Gct u have no chance 

Henry Cooper probably 

Jh no idea 

JH are accomodating, they have spotters go quite often. Just report to reception and ask, and of course remember a hi-viz.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average