Unfortunately a date has not been confirmed yet

14th of August is mentioned on the website but has a to be confirmed
Train8261
02 Mar 2022, 7:02 pm #1

Unfortunately a date has not been confirmed yet

14th of August is mentioned on the website but has a to be confirmed

Train8261

16 Mar 2022, 10:44 am #2
Date is the 14th of August confirming for Whitley Bay. Information about the event
On The Links

This event will take place on The Links opposite Bournemouth Gardens car park. It will feature a selection of classic buses on display, trade stands and a free bus service around the local area.

Details of the free bus service will be available nearer the time.

To travel to the event by public transport catch Go North East services 1 or 309 which stop next to the site.
Train8261
16 Mar 2022, 10:44 am #2

Date is the 14th of August confirming for Whitley Bay. Information about the event
On The Links

This event will take place on The Links opposite Bournemouth Gardens car park. It will feature a selection of classic buses on display, trade stands and a free bus service around the local area.

Details of the free bus service will be available nearer the time.

To travel to the event by public transport catch Go North East services 1 or 309 which stop next to the site.

Adrian

17 Mar 2022, 8:11 am #3
I'm surprised they're bothering with Whitley Bay, when it's within a fortnight of the date of Seaburn this year. When you add the Shildon display into the middle of the two, it feels like a big ask for such a small pool of preservationists to support the three weekends in a row (not to mention the inflated fuel costs), and will likely dilute attendance at each.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
17 Mar 2022, 8:11 am #3

I'm surprised they're bothering with Whitley Bay, when it's within a fortnight of the date of Seaburn this year. When you add the Shildon display into the middle of the two, it feels like a big ask for such a small pool of preservationists to support the three weekends in a row (not to mention the inflated fuel costs), and will likely dilute attendance at each.

17 Mar 2022, 8:25 am #4
(17 Mar 2022, 8:11 am)Adrian I'm surprised they're bothering with Whitley Bay, when it's within a fortnight of the date of Seaburn this year. When you add the Shildon display into the middle of the two, it feels like a big ask for such a small pool of preservationists to support the three weekends in a row (not to mention the inflated fuel costs), and will likely dilute attendance at each.

Personally I'd bin off Whitley Bay, and start charging for journeys at other events to cover the cost of fuel for those participating in runs.

No idea how it would work to dodge having to register routes, perhaps those who donate over a certain amount at entry get issued with a 'free pass' for the runs? For the MetroCentre, the Newcastle shuttles could be axed for a quayside tour via Centrelink which may make it a bit more attractive...  Big Grin
omnicity4659
17 Mar 2022, 8:25 am #4

(17 Mar 2022, 8:11 am)Adrian I'm surprised they're bothering with Whitley Bay, when it's within a fortnight of the date of Seaburn this year. When you add the Shildon display into the middle of the two, it feels like a big ask for such a small pool of preservationists to support the three weekends in a row (not to mention the inflated fuel costs), and will likely dilute attendance at each.

Personally I'd bin off Whitley Bay, and start charging for journeys at other events to cover the cost of fuel for those participating in runs.

No idea how it would work to dodge having to register routes, perhaps those who donate over a certain amount at entry get issued with a 'free pass' for the runs? For the MetroCentre, the Newcastle shuttles could be axed for a quayside tour via Centrelink which may make it a bit more attractive...  Big Grin

Train8261

17 Mar 2022, 8:37 am #5
Whitley Bay being held in August is a strange one. More than a guess to do with Buses at Beamish and Bishop Auckland being held in the same month

Shildon isn't well received by many bus organisers. Not many buses attend it. Last year saw 13 buses turn up
Train8261
17 Mar 2022, 8:37 am #5

Whitley Bay being held in August is a strange one. More than a guess to do with Buses at Beamish and Bishop Auckland being held in the same month

Shildon isn't well received by many bus organisers. Not many buses attend it. Last year saw 13 buses turn up

17 Mar 2022, 11:59 pm #6
(17 Mar 2022, 8:37 am)Train8261 Whitley Bay being held in August is a strange one. More than a guess to do with Buses at Beamish and Bishop Auckland being held in the same month

Could say the same for Whitley Bay to be honest.
stagecoachbusdepot
17 Mar 2022, 11:59 pm #6

(17 Mar 2022, 8:37 am)Train8261 Whitley Bay being held in August is a strange one. More than a guess to do with Buses at Beamish and Bishop Auckland being held in the same month

Could say the same for Whitley Bay to be honest.

Train8261

18 Mar 2022, 9:00 am #7
Whitley Bay would be amazing if it was back in the car park but nah North Tyneside Council want it on the links cause they need that car park for some reason
Train8261
18 Mar 2022, 9:00 am #7

Whitley Bay would be amazing if it was back in the car park but nah North Tyneside Council want it on the links cause they need that car park for some reason

Adrian

18 Mar 2022, 10:41 am #8
(18 Mar 2022, 9:00 am)Train8261 Whitley Bay would be amazing if it was back in the car park but nah North Tyneside Council want it on the links cause they need that car park for some reason

It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to be honest. They've struggled to fill the Links most years, so I can't see why attendance would suddenly shoot up by moving it over the road. 

Obviously it's up to the NEBPT committee what they organise, but I'd personally declare it a lost cause and focus my attention on the other rallies.

Adrian
18 Mar 2022, 10:41 am #8

(18 Mar 2022, 9:00 am)Train8261 Whitley Bay would be amazing if it was back in the car park but nah North Tyneside Council want it on the links cause they need that car park for some reason

It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to be honest. They've struggled to fill the Links most years, so I can't see why attendance would suddenly shoot up by moving it over the road. 

Obviously it's up to the NEBPT committee what they organise, but I'd personally declare it a lost cause and focus my attention on the other rallies.

Train8261

18 Mar 2022, 12:05 pm #9
(18 Mar 2022, 10:41 am)Adrian It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to be honest. They've struggled to fill the Links most years, so I can't see why attendance would suddenly shoot up by moving it over the road. 

It was way better in the car park. Whitley Bay in the car park had a lot more buses turn up
Train8261
18 Mar 2022, 12:05 pm #9

(18 Mar 2022, 10:41 am)Adrian It wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to be honest. They've struggled to fill the Links most years, so I can't see why attendance would suddenly shoot up by moving it over the road. 

It was way better in the car park. Whitley Bay in the car park had a lot more buses turn up

19 Mar 2022, 12:54 am #10
Bournemouth Gardens is the only car park in the area with motorcycle parking and EV chargers, so at least half of the car park needs to be open to retain access to those and meet demand for both event and non-event visitors. With any public area closure, there needs to be traffic management (cones, barriers, signage etc) to prevent entry into the "hired" area which comes at a cost...

The space left to play with would be slightly bigger than the current patch by a few metres, cost a lot more and won't really benefit anyone.
omnicity4659
19 Mar 2022, 12:54 am #10

Bournemouth Gardens is the only car park in the area with motorcycle parking and EV chargers, so at least half of the car park needs to be open to retain access to those and meet demand for both event and non-event visitors. With any public area closure, there needs to be traffic management (cones, barriers, signage etc) to prevent entry into the "hired" area which comes at a cost...

The space left to play with would be slightly bigger than the current patch by a few metres, cost a lot more and won't really benefit anyone.

Adrian

19 Mar 2022, 10:38 am #11
(19 Mar 2022, 12:54 am)omnicity4659 Bournemouth Gardens is the only car park in the area with motorcycle parking and EV chargers, so at least half of the car park needs to be open to retain access to those and meet demand for both event and non-event visitors. With any public area closure, there needs to be traffic management (cones, barriers, signage etc) to prevent entry into the "hired" area which comes at a cost...

And for space North Tyneside Council make money from, I can't see them giving it up for what little the Whitley Bay rally offers to the local economy.

Adrian
19 Mar 2022, 10:38 am #11

(19 Mar 2022, 12:54 am)omnicity4659 Bournemouth Gardens is the only car park in the area with motorcycle parking and EV chargers, so at least half of the car park needs to be open to retain access to those and meet demand for both event and non-event visitors. With any public area closure, there needs to be traffic management (cones, barriers, signage etc) to prevent entry into the "hired" area which comes at a cost...

And for space North Tyneside Council make money from, I can't see them giving it up for what little the Whitley Bay rally offers to the local economy.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average