Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Tees Valley CRSTS

Tees Valley CRSTS

Tees Valley CRSTS

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Adrian

04 Apr 2022, 5:13 pm #1
Don't think we have a thread anywhere for this, but Tees Valley CA have been awarded £310m over 5 years under the City Region Sustainable Transport Settlements (CRSTS) scheme: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...l-2022.pdf

Their list of projects is online here: https://teesvalley-ca.gov.uk/tees-valley...port-fund/

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
04 Apr 2022, 5:13 pm #1

Don't think we have a thread anywhere for this, but Tees Valley CA have been awarded £310m over 5 years under the City Region Sustainable Transport Settlements (CRSTS) scheme: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...l-2022.pdf

Their list of projects is online here: https://teesvalley-ca.gov.uk/tees-valley...port-fund/

cbma06

04 Apr 2022, 5:36 pm #2
(04 Apr 2022, 5:13 pm)Adrian Don't think we have a thread anywhere for this, but Tees Valley CA have been awarded £310m over 5 years under the City Region Sustainable Transport Settlements (CRSTS) scheme: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...l-2022.pdf

The north east could get this as well if the councils could agree to elect a mayor instead of deciding to disagree with each over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbma06
04 Apr 2022, 5:36 pm #2

(04 Apr 2022, 5:13 pm)Adrian Don't think we have a thread anywhere for this, but Tees Valley CA have been awarded £310m over 5 years under the City Region Sustainable Transport Settlements (CRSTS) scheme: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk...l-2022.pdf

The north east could get this as well if the councils could agree to elect a mayor instead of deciding to disagree with each over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian

04 Apr 2022, 5:51 pm #3
(04 Apr 2022, 5:36 pm)cbma06 The north east could get this as well  if the councils could agree to elect a mayor instead of deciding to disagree with each over

It's not as simplistic as that unfortunately. The North East combined authority is a huge and diverse area to serve, so the devolution deal has to be right in terms of funding. The last deal on the table was only worth £30m a year over 30 years, despite additional responsibilities and without any consideration for things like inflation. NECA would have been responsible to either borrow or find additional funding themselves (including through taxation).

This was knocked back in a devolution referendum in 2004, so the question of who would be the mayor is way down the priorities list, if we're going to put something to residents 18 years later.

Adrian
04 Apr 2022, 5:51 pm #3

(04 Apr 2022, 5:36 pm)cbma06 The north east could get this as well  if the councils could agree to elect a mayor instead of deciding to disagree with each over

It's not as simplistic as that unfortunately. The North East combined authority is a huge and diverse area to serve, so the devolution deal has to be right in terms of funding. The last deal on the table was only worth £30m a year over 30 years, despite additional responsibilities and without any consideration for things like inflation. NECA would have been responsible to either borrow or find additional funding themselves (including through taxation).

This was knocked back in a devolution referendum in 2004, so the question of who would be the mayor is way down the priorities list, if we're going to put something to residents 18 years later.

busmanT

04 Apr 2022, 8:02 pm #4
(04 Apr 2022, 5:51 pm)Adrian It's not as simplistic as that unfortunately. The North East combined authority is a huge and diverse area to serve, so the devolution deal has to be right in terms of funding. The last deal on the table was only worth £30m a year over 30 years, despite additional responsibilities and without any consideration for things like inflation. NECA would have been responsible to either borrow or find additional funding themselves (including through taxation).

I suspect that devolution will move at pace once the local elections are over in May - of course, Durham are going their own way ..........
busmanT
04 Apr 2022, 8:02 pm #4

(04 Apr 2022, 5:51 pm)Adrian It's not as simplistic as that unfortunately. The North East combined authority is a huge and diverse area to serve, so the devolution deal has to be right in terms of funding. The last deal on the table was only worth £30m a year over 30 years, despite additional responsibilities and without any consideration for things like inflation. NECA would have been responsible to either borrow or find additional funding themselves (including through taxation).

I suspect that devolution will move at pace once the local elections are over in May - of course, Durham are going their own way ..........

Jimmi

05 Apr 2022, 11:21 am #5
From Ben Houchen - Tees Valley Mayor's Facebook page:

As part of the £310m we’ve received from Government to improve public transport, here’s what is being invested in the local bus network

This investment will make bus services more reliable and more frequent
.jpg
FB_IMG_1649157504993.jpg
Size 114.39 KB / Downloads 45

X66/X67 seemingly have been dropped from the original plans?
Jimmi
05 Apr 2022, 11:21 am #5

From Ben Houchen - Tees Valley Mayor's Facebook page:

As part of the £310m we’ve received from Government to improve public transport, here’s what is being invested in the local bus network

.jpg
FB_IMG_1649157504993.jpg
Size 114.39 KB / Downloads 45

peter

05 Apr 2022, 11:45 am #6
(05 Apr 2022, 11:21 am)Jimmi From Ben Houchen - Tees Valley Mayor's Facebook page:

It was mentioned in the article put out on the TVCA website yesterday, perhaps just been missed off this particular poster. If it has been dropped it'll be a shame as it could do with new vehicles following the withdrawal of the Omnicities...having said that would probs get cascaded Ecocities off the 2 in any case.
peter
05 Apr 2022, 11:45 am #6

(05 Apr 2022, 11:21 am)Jimmi From Ben Houchen - Tees Valley Mayor's Facebook page:

It was mentioned in the article put out on the TVCA website yesterday, perhaps just been missed off this particular poster. If it has been dropped it'll be a shame as it could do with new vehicles following the withdrawal of the Omnicities...having said that would probs get cascaded Ecocities off the 2 in any case.

Andreos1

05 Apr 2022, 11:58 am #7

I can't see the Temsas leaving Redcar, so assume it means the Streetlites or Pulsars will be cascaded and replaced with something.

Mind it's a staggering amount for the Hartlepool - Boro route compared to the rest.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
05 Apr 2022, 11:58 am #7

I can't see the Temsas leaving Redcar, so assume it means the Streetlites or Pulsars will be cascaded and replaced with something.

Mind it's a staggering amount for the Hartlepool - Boro route compared to the rest.

Adrian

05 Apr 2022, 12:08 pm #8
(05 Apr 2022, 11:58 am)Andreos1 I can't see the Temsas leaving Redcar, so assume it means the Streetlites or Pulsars will be cascaded and replaced with something.

I think it's only the 1 half-hourly between Hartlepool and Middlesbrough, so I wonder if they're throwing a shed load of money at it to subsidise a higher frequency? 

I'm not sure how busy it usually gets... I'm sure some of our Teesside members will know.

Adrian
05 Apr 2022, 12:08 pm #8

(05 Apr 2022, 11:58 am)Andreos1 I can't see the Temsas leaving Redcar, so assume it means the Streetlites or Pulsars will be cascaded and replaced with something.

I think it's only the 1 half-hourly between Hartlepool and Middlesbrough, so I wonder if they're throwing a shed load of money at it to subsidise a higher frequency? 

I'm not sure how busy it usually gets... I'm sure some of our Teesside members will know.

Andreos1

05 Apr 2022, 12:11 pm #9
(05 Apr 2022, 12:08 pm)Adrian I think it's only the 1 half-hourly between Hartlepool and Middlesbrough, so I wonder if they're throwing a shed load of money at it to subsidise a higher frequency? 

There's the 36 as well. Part of that route is getting support with cycle lanes if I remember right.
Plus they're competing with the train.

Wouldn't have thought there was that much demand. Even if they were pump priming it to be honest.

The only advantage the 1 has over the 36 (that I can see) is that it goes near so many key employment sites.
For all the things thrown his way, I'll give Houchen some credit in that there's been improvements to services to the likes of Teesport under his watch. Maybe he sees the 1 in a similar light.

Andreos1
05 Apr 2022, 12:11 pm #9

(05 Apr 2022, 12:08 pm)Adrian I think it's only the 1 half-hourly between Hartlepool and Middlesbrough, so I wonder if they're throwing a shed load of money at it to subsidise a higher frequency? 

There's the 36 as well. Part of that route is getting support with cycle lanes if I remember right.

Wouldn't have thought there was that much demand. Even if they were pump priming it to be honest.

The only advantage the 1 has over the 36 (that I can see) is that it goes near so many key employment sites.
For all the things thrown his way, I'll give Houchen some credit in that there's been improvements to services to the likes of Teesport under his watch. Maybe he sees the 1 in a similar light.

Adrian

05 Apr 2022, 12:51 pm #10
(05 Apr 2022, 12:11 pm)Andreos1 There's the 36 as well. Part of that route is getting support with cycle lanes if I remember right.

Ah of course, I'd completely forgotten about the 36!

Adrian
05 Apr 2022, 12:51 pm #10

(05 Apr 2022, 12:11 pm)Andreos1 There's the 36 as well. Part of that route is getting support with cycle lanes if I remember right.

Ah of course, I'd completely forgotten about the 36!

Storx

05 Apr 2022, 1:11 pm #11

As far as I'm aware the 1 isn't part of the plans, there's a map of all the routes on here - https://moderngov.middlesbrough.gov.uk/d...0Draft.pdf (P21). It's 100% the 36 corridor that's getting the improvements.

The one that's baffling is:

Rail: British Steel Redcar Station

That station is currently mothballed and is inaccessible as it's literally in the middle of private land. Not sure what they're going to do there bar shutting it properly.
Storx
05 Apr 2022, 1:11 pm #11

As far as I'm aware the 1 isn't part of the plans, there's a map of all the routes on here - https://moderngov.middlesbrough.gov.uk/d...0Draft.pdf (P21). It's 100% the 36 corridor that's getting the improvements.

That station is currently mothballed and is inaccessible as it's literally in the middle of private land. Not sure what they're going to do there bar shutting it properly.

Andreos1

05 Apr 2022, 1:24 pm #12
(05 Apr 2022, 1:11 pm)Storx As far as I'm aware the 1 isn't part of the plans, there's a map of all the routes on here - https://moderngov.middlesbrough.gov.uk/d...0Draft.pdf (P21). It's 100% the 36 corridor that's getting the improvements.

Forgot about that map. But yeah, going off that. It's the 36.

Looks like the 63 in R&C and I've no idea what that is towards East Cleveland Hospital.
I assume the X3A as it terminates in Brotton (it was Skelton Asda, but I'm sure there was some funding to extend it). But the map doesn't show the X3A route.

Andreos1
05 Apr 2022, 1:24 pm #12

(05 Apr 2022, 1:11 pm)Storx As far as I'm aware the 1 isn't part of the plans, there's a map of all the routes on here - https://moderngov.middlesbrough.gov.uk/d...0Draft.pdf (P21). It's 100% the 36 corridor that's getting the improvements.

Forgot about that map. But yeah, going off that. It's the 36.

Looks like the 63 in R&C and I've no idea what that is towards East Cleveland Hospital.
I assume the X3A as it terminates in Brotton (it was Skelton Asda, but I'm sure there was some funding to extend it). But the map doesn't show the X3A route.

peter

05 Apr 2022, 1:32 pm #13
(05 Apr 2022, 1:24 pm)Andreos1 Forgot about that map. But yeah, going off that. It's the 36.

Given the route via the coast road it looks like the X4, which does run fairly close to the hospital, but would make more sense to extend the X3A down to the hospital entrance.
peter
05 Apr 2022, 1:32 pm #13

(05 Apr 2022, 1:24 pm)Andreos1 Forgot about that map. But yeah, going off that. It's the 36.

Given the route via the coast road it looks like the X4, which does run fairly close to the hospital, but would make more sense to extend the X3A down to the hospital entrance.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average