Menu

North East Buses The Canteen Off-topic bus chat Bus incidents

Bus incidents

Bus incidents

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average

Pages (16) Previous 1 2 316 Next
BusLoverMum

18 May 2022, 4:13 pm #21
Bus robbery in Choppington Driver allegedly attacked as cash box and phone 'stolen' from bus in Choppington

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...p_AppShare
BusLoverMum
18 May 2022, 4:13 pm #21

Bus robbery in Choppington Driver allegedly attacked as cash box and phone 'stolen' from bus in Choppington

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...p_AppShare

Unber43

18 May 2022, 4:46 pm #22
This was quite a while ago but a 61 was hit by a car when leaving ParkLane at the 4th Set of lights. It was the cars fault it went through a red light.
Unber43
18 May 2022, 4:46 pm #22

This was quite a while ago but a 61 was hit by a car when leaving ParkLane at the 4th Set of lights. It was the cars fault it went through a red light.

Malarkey

22 May 2022, 7:47 pm #23
Metroline Potters Bar: Buses catch fire at town centre transport depot
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-be...s-61543634

From the video I have seen shared on Twitter this afternoon it was a Switch Mobility (Optare MetroDecker EV) that caught fire whilst stationary while other reports state 7 Hybrid Vehicles were damaged with E400H's shown clearly in the video in the Depot, thankfully no one was hurt in this incident.
Malarkey
22 May 2022, 7:47 pm #23

Metroline Potters Bar: Buses catch fire at town centre transport depot

From the video I have seen shared on Twitter this afternoon it was a Switch Mobility (Optare MetroDecker EV) that caught fire whilst stationary while other reports state 7 Hybrid Vehicles were damaged with E400H's shown clearly in the video in the Depot, thankfully no one was hurt in this incident.

Unber43

22 May 2022, 9:51 pm #24
A 65 yesterday was hit in the windshield & 65 was hit through a window, and an Incident happened today in Durham aswell.
Unber43
22 May 2022, 9:51 pm #24

A 65 yesterday was hit in the windshield & 65 was hit through a window, and an Incident happened today in Durham aswell.

Malarkey

23 May 2022, 3:34 pm #25
(22 May 2022, 7:47 pm)Malarkey Metroline Potters Bar: Buses catch fire at town centre transport depot

TFL have responded by immediately withdrawing 108 Metrodecker EV's from service due to reported battery issue causing the fire which will an investigation will be conducted by Switch Mobility, further to thus Hertfordshire Police are also conducting an investigation into the blaze.

The routes being disrupted are:

23: Hammersmith - Westbourne Park - RATPDEV
134: North Finchley - Warren Street - Metroline
200: Mitcham (Fair Green) - Raynes Park - Go-Ahead London General
231: Enfield Chase - Turnpike Lane - Metroline
263: Barnet Hospital - Highbury Barn - Go-Ahead London Metrobus
307: Barnet Hospital - Brimsdown - Arriva London
317: Enfield - Waltham Cross - Metroline
C3: Clapham Junction - Earl's Court (Tesco) - RATPDEV
W8: Chase Farm Hospital - Lea Valley Leisure Complex - Metroline

https://www.mylondon.news/lifestyle/trav...n-24033800

Additionally First York have also withdrawn there MetroDecker EV's with confirmation via Twitter with the company currently operating services on a reduced frequency.
https://twitter.com/FirstYork/status/152...gr%5Etweet
Malarkey
23 May 2022, 3:34 pm #25

(22 May 2022, 7:47 pm)Malarkey Metroline Potters Bar: Buses catch fire at town centre transport depot

TFL have responded by immediately withdrawing 108 Metrodecker EV's from service due to reported battery issue causing the fire which will an investigation will be conducted by Switch Mobility, further to thus Hertfordshire Police are also conducting an investigation into the blaze.

The routes being disrupted are:

23: Hammersmith - Westbourne Park - RATPDEV
134: North Finchley - Warren Street - Metroline
200: Mitcham (Fair Green) - Raynes Park - Go-Ahead London General
231: Enfield Chase - Turnpike Lane - Metroline
263: Barnet Hospital - Highbury Barn - Go-Ahead London Metrobus
307: Barnet Hospital - Brimsdown - Arriva London
317: Enfield - Waltham Cross - Metroline
C3: Clapham Junction - Earl's Court (Tesco) - RATPDEV
W8: Chase Farm Hospital - Lea Valley Leisure Complex - Metroline

https://www.mylondon.news/lifestyle/trav...n-24033800

Additionally First York have also withdrawn there MetroDecker EV's with confirmation via Twitter with the company currently operating services on a reduced frequency.
https://twitter.com/FirstYork/status/152...gr%5Etweet

Rob44

26 May 2022, 12:27 pm #26
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-so...e-61587137

Bus hits bridge.
nova347

04 Jul 2022, 9:38 pm #27
Does anyone know what happened to 6902, it was on the 131, something happened around 15:35 and it's still there now?
nova347
04 Jul 2022, 9:38 pm #27

Does anyone know what happened to 6902, it was on the 131, something happened around 15:35 and it's still there now?

05 Jul 2022, 4:41 pm #28
Probably just broken down.

[Image: imageHandler.php?user=wibblejunior]
wibblejunior
05 Jul 2022, 4:41 pm #28

Probably just broken down.

Unber43

05 Jul 2022, 5:43 pm #29
(05 Jul 2022, 4:41 pm)wibblejunior Probably just broken down.
It was there for 12 hours
Unber43
05 Jul 2022, 5:43 pm #29

(05 Jul 2022, 4:41 pm)wibblejunior Probably just broken down.
It was there for 12 hours

05 Jul 2022, 7:02 pm #30
(05 Jul 2022, 5:43 pm)Unber43 It was there for 12 hours

Not unheard of for a wrecker to take that long to recover something.
omnicity4659
05 Jul 2022, 7:02 pm #30

(05 Jul 2022, 5:43 pm)Unber43 It was there for 12 hours

Not unheard of for a wrecker to take that long to recover something.

11 Jul 2022, 11:00 am #31
Manchester bus crash: Woman dies after being hit near shelter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma...119528.amp

wibblejunior
11 Jul 2022, 11:00 am #31

Manchester bus crash: Woman dies after being hit near shelter

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma...119528.amp

L469 YVK

07 Aug 2022, 7:13 am #32
(05 Aug 2022, 5:37 pm)Malarkey Couriers would be the best example to use, I used to work for DPD a few years back and they had a system built into a drivers sat nav that set the route the driver would take in order to deliver parcels in the most efficient/eco friendly manner, can't see why something like this could not be implemented technology wise on a Bus in order to aid a driver particularly in there first weeks on the road whilst still in the learning phase.
Also got to take into account risk assessments. Imagine if Consett's allocator didn't have enough coffee and by mistake allocated a B5LH or B9TL on the X30/X31.........and a driver covering the route took it under Ellison Road bridge.

Now let's say it was a Percy Main driver who's used of the bridgeclear system giving a false positive over the Cradlewell and assumed it was a nearby bridge.........
L469 YVK
07 Aug 2022, 7:13 am #32

(05 Aug 2022, 5:37 pm)Malarkey Couriers would be the best example to use, I used to work for DPD a few years back and they had a system built into a drivers sat nav that set the route the driver would take in order to deliver parcels in the most efficient/eco friendly manner, can't see why something like this could not be implemented technology wise on a Bus in order to aid a driver particularly in there first weeks on the road whilst still in the learning phase.
Also got to take into account risk assessments. Imagine if Consett's allocator didn't have enough coffee and by mistake allocated a B5LH or B9TL on the X30/X31.........and a driver covering the route took it under Ellison Road bridge.

Now let's say it was a Percy Main driver who's used of the bridgeclear system giving a false positive over the Cradlewell and assumed it was a nearby bridge.........

citaro5284

07 Aug 2022, 7:39 am #33
(07 Aug 2022, 7:13 am)L469 YVK Also got to take into account risk assessments. Imagine if Consett's allocator didn't have enough coffee and by mistake allocated a B5LH or B9TL on the X30/X31.........and a driver covering the route took it under Ellison Road bridge.

Bridgeclear....thats going back a few years there like, not had them for a while.

GNE use Timespace Bridge Alert
citaro5284
07 Aug 2022, 7:39 am #33

(07 Aug 2022, 7:13 am)L469 YVK Also got to take into account risk assessments. Imagine if Consett's allocator didn't have enough coffee and by mistake allocated a B5LH or B9TL on the X30/X31.........and a driver covering the route took it under Ellison Road bridge.

Bridgeclear....thats going back a few years there like, not had them for a while.

Andreos1

07 Aug 2022, 9:28 am #34
(07 Aug 2022, 7:39 am)citaro5284 Bridgeclear....thats going back a few years there like, not had them for a while.

Just got me thinking there about all the subscriptions/purchases operators have and make, with various different retrofit suppliers. 

Whether it be Bridge Alert, engine bay fire retardant systems, fuel and driver behaviour monitoring... The list must be huge and I'd genuinely love to know whether there was much ROI on the systems when each cost is added up.

As an example of that, a basic analysis of the total number of de-roofings now with the system in place vs the number of de-roofings prior to them being introduced and if the system is actively and exclusively reducing those numbers.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
07 Aug 2022, 9:28 am #34

(07 Aug 2022, 7:39 am)citaro5284 Bridgeclear....thats going back a few years there like, not had them for a while.

Just got me thinking there about all the subscriptions/purchases operators have and make, with various different retrofit suppliers. 

Whether it be Bridge Alert, engine bay fire retardant systems, fuel and driver behaviour monitoring... The list must be huge and I'd genuinely love to know whether there was much ROI on the systems when each cost is added up.

As an example of that, a basic analysis of the total number of de-roofings now with the system in place vs the number of de-roofings prior to them being introduced and if the system is actively and exclusively reducing those numbers.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

07 Aug 2022, 11:29 am #35
(07 Aug 2022, 9:28 am)Andreos1 Just got me thinking there about all the subscriptions/purchases operators have and make, with various different retrofit suppliers. 

Maybe it's just me, but if a driver is needing to rely on a system to alert them about a low bridge, then maybe they shouldn't be allowed to drive a double decker?

Out of curiosity, what would happen if a driver were to hit a low bridge after ignoring the warnings? Is it one strike and they're out? (pun very much intended)
I would think, especially if they cause any damage to the bridge, they would be prosecuted for careless driving?
streetdeckfan
07 Aug 2022, 11:29 am #35

(07 Aug 2022, 9:28 am)Andreos1 Just got me thinking there about all the subscriptions/purchases operators have and make, with various different retrofit suppliers. 

Maybe it's just me, but if a driver is needing to rely on a system to alert them about a low bridge, then maybe they shouldn't be allowed to drive a double decker?

Out of curiosity, what would happen if a driver were to hit a low bridge after ignoring the warnings? Is it one strike and they're out? (pun very much intended)
I would think, especially if they cause any damage to the bridge, they would be prosecuted for careless driving?

citaro5284

07 Aug 2022, 11:31 am #36
(07 Aug 2022, 11:29 am)streetdeckfan Maybe it's just me, but if a driver is needing to rely on a system to alert them about a low bridge, then maybe they shouldn't be allowed to drive a double decker?

A driver could be driving a single decker before meal and a double afterwards and you just forget you have an extra layer above you, happened in the past and will happen again somewhere thats for sure. Best to have a driver aid fitted to the vehicle.
citaro5284
07 Aug 2022, 11:31 am #36

(07 Aug 2022, 11:29 am)streetdeckfan Maybe it's just me, but if a driver is needing to rely on a system to alert them about a low bridge, then maybe they shouldn't be allowed to drive a double decker?

A driver could be driving a single decker before meal and a double afterwards and you just forget you have an extra layer above you, happened in the past and will happen again somewhere thats for sure. Best to have a driver aid fitted to the vehicle.

Unber43

07 Aug 2022, 11:35 am #37
(07 Aug 2022, 11:31 am)citaro5284 A driver could be driving a single decker before meal and a double afterwards and you just forget you have an extra layer above you, happened in the past and will happen again somewhere thats for sure.  Best to have a driver aid fitted to the vehicle.
It says on the schedule card what routes have a low bridge and where it is its in bold.
Unber43
07 Aug 2022, 11:35 am #37

(07 Aug 2022, 11:31 am)citaro5284 A driver could be driving a single decker before meal and a double afterwards and you just forget you have an extra layer above you, happened in the past and will happen again somewhere thats for sure.  Best to have a driver aid fitted to the vehicle.
It says on the schedule card what routes have a low bridge and where it is its in bold.

Rob44

07 Aug 2022, 11:39 am #38
Just heard the following. Washington driver are going to be learning the routes of the 58 and 57 in next few weeks
Rob44
07 Aug 2022, 11:39 am #38

Just heard the following. Washington driver are going to be learning the routes of the 58 and 57 in next few weeks

citaro5284

07 Aug 2022, 11:43 am #39
(07 Aug 2022, 11:35 am)Unber43 It says on the schedule card what routes have a low bridge and where it is its in bold.

It does, but what about a double decker covering for a single decker route - The Duty Sheet will not tell them that will it....
citaro5284
07 Aug 2022, 11:43 am #39

(07 Aug 2022, 11:35 am)Unber43 It says on the schedule card what routes have a low bridge and where it is its in bold.

It does, but what about a double decker covering for a single decker route - The Duty Sheet will not tell them that will it....

Adrian

07 Aug 2022, 11:51 am #40

The same goes for anything, doesn't it? Companies are often reluctant to invest in IT, because they believe it to be an unnecessary cost, but then want a miracle performed when something goes wrong.

Bus operators investing in bridge warning, telematics and whatever other systems, is no different to a business investing in cloud backup, malware protection or whatever else. Both come at a cost, but both reduce risk (and disaster cost) for the respective industries.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
07 Aug 2022, 11:51 am #40

The same goes for anything, doesn't it? Companies are often reluctant to invest in IT, because they believe it to be an unnecessary cost, but then want a miracle performed when something goes wrong.

Bus operators investing in bridge warning, telematics and whatever other systems, is no different to a business investing in cloud backup, malware protection or whatever else. Both come at a cost, but both reduce risk (and disaster cost) for the respective industries.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook

Pages (16) Previous 1 2 316 Next

• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average