Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Arriva North East Recent Transfers

Recent Transfers

Recent Transfers

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (13) Previous 111 12 13
01 Feb 2024, 7:23 pm #241
(01 Feb 2024, 5:00 pm)mb134 Have you sent in an official complaint? It's probably the only way they start to pay attention, given it's been something that's constantly been strongly rumoured (plans have been put into place at least once I believe) but then gets dropped for something else happening instead.

I sent in a complaint last year when 2601/2/3 was rammed at Whitley Bay and a fight almost broke out when more people wanted on enroute. The response from their customer services team read like it was generated by ChatGPT and didn't address the problem.
solsburian
01 Feb 2024, 7:23 pm #241

(01 Feb 2024, 5:00 pm)mb134 Have you sent in an official complaint? It's probably the only way they start to pay attention, given it's been something that's constantly been strongly rumoured (plans have been put into place at least once I believe) but then gets dropped for something else happening instead.

I sent in a complaint last year when 2601/2/3 was rammed at Whitley Bay and a fight almost broke out when more people wanted on enroute. The response from their customer services team read like it was generated by ChatGPT and didn't address the problem.

Kuyoyo

02 Feb 2024, 5:34 am #242
(01 Feb 2024, 6:20 pm)Storx I always wonder if it was the reason why the Enviro 200's were sent up here from Manchester. Rather large co-incidence that the PVR for the 57/57A is 5 and there's 2 Solo's limping on down at Redcar and Darlington, excluding the 3 at Whitby, and 7 of them were due. Darlington being the obvious choice for them since it's the only depot which has Euro 6 buses which could be sent out.

Obviously now it's all gone out the window as they're in worse shape than the Solo's.

The E300s are here as additional vehicles - not to replace anything.
Kuyoyo
02 Feb 2024, 5:34 am #242

(01 Feb 2024, 6:20 pm)Storx I always wonder if it was the reason why the Enviro 200's were sent up here from Manchester. Rather large co-incidence that the PVR for the 57/57A is 5 and there's 2 Solo's limping on down at Redcar and Darlington, excluding the 3 at Whitby, and 7 of them were due. Darlington being the obvious choice for them since it's the only depot which has Euro 6 buses which could be sent out.

Obviously now it's all gone out the window as they're in worse shape than the Solo's.

The E300s are here as additional vehicles - not to replace anything.

Ryland

02 Feb 2024, 7:11 am #243
(02 Feb 2024, 5:34 am)Kuyoyo The E300s are here as additional vehicles - not to replace anything.

Keep seeing posts that 1420 is a permanent transfer to Redcar
Ryland
02 Feb 2024, 7:11 am #243

(02 Feb 2024, 5:34 am)Kuyoyo The E300s are here as additional vehicles - not to replace anything.

Keep seeing posts that 1420 is a permanent transfer to Redcar

Mike_98

02 Feb 2024, 9:08 am #244
(02 Feb 2024, 7:11 am)Ryland Keep seeing posts that 1420 is a permanent transfer to Redcar

1420 is the permanent Transfer to Redcar which replaced the written off 4705. People thought it was going to be 1428 when that was at Redcar with 1490 but I knew that was a loan as at the time Redcar had too many buses off the road. With regards about the 2 E300s at Redcar I think they got classed as the replacements for 1430 & 1437 which went to Durham and were never found proper replacements. Don’t know if it’s fully true but I do believe it as there was no replacements when them did transfer to Durham.
Mike_98
02 Feb 2024, 9:08 am #244

(02 Feb 2024, 7:11 am)Ryland Keep seeing posts that 1420 is a permanent transfer to Redcar

1420 is the permanent Transfer to Redcar which replaced the written off 4705. People thought it was going to be 1428 when that was at Redcar with 1490 but I knew that was a loan as at the time Redcar had too many buses off the road. With regards about the 2 E300s at Redcar I think they got classed as the replacements for 1430 & 1437 which went to Durham and were never found proper replacements. Don’t know if it’s fully true but I do believe it as there was no replacements when them did transfer to Durham.

Kuyoyo

02 Feb 2024, 9:14 am #245
(02 Feb 2024, 9:08 am)Mike_98 With regards about the 2 E300s at Redcar I think they got classed as the replacements for 1430 & 1437 which went to Durham and were never found proper replacements. Don’t know if it’s fully true but I do believe it as there was no replacements when them did transfer to Durham.

1430/7 were transferred to Durham to replace 1512/3 there which moved back to Ashington for a PVR increase of 2 while Redcar’s PVR decreased by 2 when MC2 and MC4 were reinstated to the boards they were previously on. The E300s are, as stated, additional spare vehicles for the region pending any potential frequency improvements - just so happens that Redcar are the ones in the most need at present due to the Temsas.
Kuyoyo
02 Feb 2024, 9:14 am #245

(02 Feb 2024, 9:08 am)Mike_98 With regards about the 2 E300s at Redcar I think they got classed as the replacements for 1430 & 1437 which went to Durham and were never found proper replacements. Don’t know if it’s fully true but I do believe it as there was no replacements when them did transfer to Durham.

1430/7 were transferred to Durham to replace 1512/3 there which moved back to Ashington for a PVR increase of 2 while Redcar’s PVR decreased by 2 when MC2 and MC4 were reinstated to the boards they were previously on. The E300s are, as stated, additional spare vehicles for the region pending any potential frequency improvements - just so happens that Redcar are the ones in the most need at present due to the Temsas.

Mike_98

02 Feb 2024, 9:26 am #246
(02 Feb 2024, 9:14 am)Kuyoyo 1430/7 were transferred to Durham to replace 1512/3 there which moved back to Ashington for a PVR increase of 2 while Redcar’s PVR decreased by 2 when MC2 and MC4 were reinstated to the boards they were previously on. The E300s are, as stated, additional spare vehicles for the region pending any potential frequency improvements - just so happens that Redcar are the ones in the most need at present due to the Temsas.

Got knows how long these E300s will last but 1355 apparently may not be even coming back into service. It’s not Even the Temsas that the E300s are assisting with, it’s the Pulsars. They seem to be the ones which are are frequently off the road at the moment with the Temsas pulling the strings at Redcar. Obviously I don’t think that poor treatment of the vehicles have helped at Redcar though
Mike_98
02 Feb 2024, 9:26 am #246

(02 Feb 2024, 9:14 am)Kuyoyo 1430/7 were transferred to Durham to replace 1512/3 there which moved back to Ashington for a PVR increase of 2 while Redcar’s PVR decreased by 2 when MC2 and MC4 were reinstated to the boards they were previously on. The E300s are, as stated, additional spare vehicles for the region pending any potential frequency improvements - just so happens that Redcar are the ones in the most need at present due to the Temsas.

Got knows how long these E300s will last but 1355 apparently may not be even coming back into service. It’s not Even the Temsas that the E300s are assisting with, it’s the Pulsars. They seem to be the ones which are are frequently off the road at the moment with the Temsas pulling the strings at Redcar. Obviously I don’t think that poor treatment of the vehicles have helped at Redcar though

RobinHood

03 Feb 2024, 4:22 pm #247
(29 Jan 2024, 1:48 pm)Dan If Go North East had won the contract, they were prepared to have two buses modified to meet contract specification from day one of the service being operational.

But if they hadn’t, the comments on this forum would have been far worse than the comments Umber43 has made against Arriva.

I hope three buses are planned to be repainted/branded and not just one bus (1512), as the rumour mill suggests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Sorry Dan - not directly in response to your post, but had to quote something sensible generally due to the volume of comments)

Only based on what is being said on this forum, are people jumping around suggesting Arriva have 'breached contract'. Nobody except Arriva and NCC know what the contract says and I doubt NCC would permit this service to continue if indeed, luggage racks are required as part of the agreement.

What I understand is that Arriva won the contract with a 'non-conforming' bid, which is essentially an alternative proposal that is provided by the supplier for consideration. This option could have clearly negated the requirements for luggage racks or bespoke livery and offset that by provided value for money by linking to the X16 instead (i.e. one bus additional cost vs two bus additional cost).

Of course, Northumberland could have chosen a fully compliant option, but this suggests even they arent bothered about the lack of luggage racks as a key part of this arrangement.
Edited 03 Feb 2024, 4:35 pm by RobinHood.
RobinHood
03 Feb 2024, 4:22 pm #247

(29 Jan 2024, 1:48 pm)Dan If Go North East had won the contract, they were prepared to have two buses modified to meet contract specification from day one of the service being operational.

But if they hadn’t, the comments on this forum would have been far worse than the comments Umber43 has made against Arriva.

I hope three buses are planned to be repainted/branded and not just one bus (1512), as the rumour mill suggests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Sorry Dan - not directly in response to your post, but had to quote something sensible generally due to the volume of comments)

Only based on what is being said on this forum, are people jumping around suggesting Arriva have 'breached contract'. Nobody except Arriva and NCC know what the contract says and I doubt NCC would permit this service to continue if indeed, luggage racks are required as part of the agreement.

What I understand is that Arriva won the contract with a 'non-conforming' bid, which is essentially an alternative proposal that is provided by the supplier for consideration. This option could have clearly negated the requirements for luggage racks or bespoke livery and offset that by provided value for money by linking to the X16 instead (i.e. one bus additional cost vs two bus additional cost).

Of course, Northumberland could have chosen a fully compliant option, but this suggests even they arent bothered about the lack of luggage racks as a key part of this arrangement.

Pages (13) Previous 111 12 13

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average