Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Sunderland Holmeside Works

Sunderland Holmeside Works

Sunderland Holmeside Works

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3
26 Jul 2023, 12:13 am #41
(25 Jul 2023, 2:11 pm)Andreos1 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66289106

Holmeside amongst a list of locations to get bus lane cameras.

The Sunderland Echo were claiming they didn't know what a "Bus Gate" was on facebook the other day.
deanmachine
26 Jul 2023, 12:13 am #41

(25 Jul 2023, 2:11 pm)Andreos1 https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66289106

The Sunderland Echo were claiming they didn't know what a "Bus Gate" was on facebook the other day.

Adrian

26 Jul 2023, 8:50 am #42

The Oxclose one was going down a storm on Facebook the other day. Which is bizarre in itself, because those bus gates have existed for at least 30+ years I've known of, and most likely date back to when the New Town was constructed.

Plus, most of the New Town villages work the same. Ring-road to provide access to every street in the village, then a cut through the middle for buses. Usually where the Village shops are and very near to the Primary School.

(26 Jul 2023, 12:13 am)deanmachine The Sunderland Echo were claiming they didn't know what a "Bus Gate" was on facebook the other day.

Yeah, I saw that. Bizarre. I'd say that was more about creating social media engagement through being disingenuous.

Forum Moderator | Find NEB on facebook
Adrian
26 Jul 2023, 8:50 am #42

The Oxclose one was going down a storm on Facebook the other day. Which is bizarre in itself, because those bus gates have existed for at least 30+ years I've known of, and most likely date back to when the New Town was constructed.

Plus, most of the New Town villages work the same. Ring-road to provide access to every street in the village, then a cut through the middle for buses. Usually where the Village shops are and very near to the Primary School.

(26 Jul 2023, 12:13 am)deanmachine The Sunderland Echo were claiming they didn't know what a "Bus Gate" was on facebook the other day.

Yeah, I saw that. Bizarre. I'd say that was more about creating social media engagement through being disingenuous.

Andreos1

26 Jul 2023, 11:54 am #43
(26 Jul 2023, 8:50 am)Adrian The Oxclose one was going down a storm on Facebook the other day. Which is bizarre in itself, because those bus gates have existed for at least 30+ years I've known of, and most likely date back to when the New Town was constructed.

Aye, they've been there for donkeys. The originals probably since the villages were built in the 60's/70's.

To be fair, anyone and everyone seems to drive through them and you were never going to get caught unless the police were passing (can remember a mate at the time decided to go through the one by the Police Station at the Galleries in the late 90s and got pulled).

The only one I can remember being there and subsequently being removed, was the one at the top of Parsons Road.
Sure the others are all still there, supplemented by the more recent additions at Ayton and Lambton in the 80s.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'
Andreos1
26 Jul 2023, 11:54 am #43

(26 Jul 2023, 8:50 am)Adrian The Oxclose one was going down a storm on Facebook the other day. Which is bizarre in itself, because those bus gates have existed for at least 30+ years I've known of, and most likely date back to when the New Town was constructed.

Aye, they've been there for donkeys. The originals probably since the villages were built in the 60's/70's.

To be fair, anyone and everyone seems to drive through them and you were never going to get caught unless the police were passing (can remember a mate at the time decided to go through the one by the Police Station at the Galleries in the late 90s and got pulled).

The only one I can remember being there and subsequently being removed, was the one at the top of Parsons Road.
Sure the others are all still there, supplemented by the more recent additions at Ayton and Lambton in the 80s.

'Illegitimis non carborundum'

Adrian

04 Aug 2023, 12:21 am #44
(26 Jul 2023, 11:54 am)Andreos1 Aye, they've been there for donkeys. The originals probably since the villages were built in the 60's/70's.

Parsons was opened up, along with the one next to Chevvies in Ayton. I think wellbank road may have too, but all others remain in place as far as I know?

The only other one is Albany - outside the Stella. That was opened up after buses stopped using it, but now closed back down permanently and the stops have been removed.

The Galleries Police Link Road is an odd one, as technically, it's a private road. I'd be surprised if there's actually a TRO covering it, regardless what the signs say.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Adrian
04 Aug 2023, 12:21 am #44

(26 Jul 2023, 11:54 am)Andreos1 Aye, they've been there for donkeys. The originals probably since the villages were built in the 60's/70's.

Parsons was opened up, along with the one next to Chevvies in Ayton. I think wellbank road may have too, but all others remain in place as far as I know?

The only other one is Albany - outside the Stella. That was opened up after buses stopped using it, but now closed back down permanently and the stops have been removed.

The Galleries Police Link Road is an odd one, as technically, it's a private road. I'd be surprised if there's actually a TRO covering it, regardless what the signs say.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average