Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Most Unreliable Bus Routes

Most Unreliable Bus Routes

Most Unreliable Bus Routes

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3
29 Aug 2023, 11:36 pm #41
(29 Aug 2023, 10:33 pm)Adrian I'd suspect the issue here is about covering as much, with as little resource as possible. Splitting the 2 in Sunderland is not only an extra bus, but it's significant waste in layover time, and it's confusing for passengers who have a through service all day.
Yes, I recall it (the 8) ran all the way to Sunderland, but I believe it was fully commercial.

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk
It could go back to the way it was many moons ago when it was there was the 2A/C and the 42 i seem to remember on an evening the 42 use to work onto a 60 at park lane and vise versa, the 78 already covers Chester Rd to Shiney Row roundabout and the 4 does penshaw to The galleries , the only missing link would be along Bonemill Ln through to Harraton and Lambton, unless the 4 on an evening went along Bonemill Ln turned onto Biddick lane then onto Fallowfield way. Penshaw would still have a link to Biddick club and it would keep the coffin dodgers that drink in there happy.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
Theboyle92
29 Aug 2023, 11:36 pm #41

(29 Aug 2023, 10:33 pm)Adrian I'd suspect the issue here is about covering as much, with as little resource as possible. Splitting the 2 in Sunderland is not only an extra bus, but it's significant waste in layover time, and it's confusing for passengers who have a through service all day.
Yes, I recall it (the 8) ran all the way to Sunderland, but I believe it was fully commercial.

It could go back to the way it was many moons ago when it was there was the 2A/C and the 42 i seem to remember on an evening the 42 use to work onto a 60 at park lane and vise versa, the 78 already covers Chester Rd to Shiney Row roundabout and the 4 does penshaw to The galleries , the only missing link would be along Bonemill Ln through to Harraton and Lambton, unless the 4 on an evening went along Bonemill Ln turned onto Biddick lane then onto Fallowfield way. Penshaw would still have a link to Biddick club and it would keep the coffin dodgers that drink in there happy.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk

29 Aug 2023, 11:49 pm #42

I thought it was when GNE won the contact for evening Sunderland-Castletown instead of stagecoach that the 8 was extended to cover the full route. When they then lost it again it was cut back.
User2613
29 Aug 2023, 11:49 pm #42

I thought it was when GNE won the contact for evening Sunderland-Castletown instead of stagecoach that the 8 was extended to cover the full route. When they then lost it again it was cut back.

tyresmoke

30 Aug 2023, 5:28 am #43
Let’s add Arriva Redcar’s 63 to this list as very rarely do all 13 boards actually run, leaving gaps all over the place. Often down to 10 or 11 most days which just ruins the reliability as the ones behind the gaps get late then drop out leaving a bigger gap and the problem just snowballs. Nothing ever changes though and with Redcar’s fleet getting smaller it’s not going to improve any time soon…!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Moderator   | Let us know if you have any issues

Service Manager, Coatham Connect

tyresmoke
30 Aug 2023, 5:28 am #43

Let’s add Arriva Redcar’s 63 to this list as very rarely do all 13 boards actually run, leaving gaps all over the place. Often down to 10 or 11 most days which just ruins the reliability as the ones behind the gaps get late then drop out leaving a bigger gap and the problem just snowballs. Nothing ever changes though and with Redcar’s fleet getting smaller it’s not going to improve any time soon…!

31 Aug 2023, 4:27 pm #44
Go North East's 16/16A has been terrible today, guessing it's something to do with the diversion in place.
Iamtheone8483748
31 Aug 2023, 4:27 pm #44

Go North East's 16/16A has been terrible today, guessing it's something to do with the diversion in place.

Dan

Site Administrator

31 Aug 2023, 8:00 pm #45
(31 Aug 2023, 4:27 pm)Iamtheone8483748 Go North East's 16/16A has been terrible today, guessing it's something to do with the diversion in place.

The A692 was closed between Flint Hill and the junction of the A693 resulting in a lengthy diversion.

Dan
31 Aug 2023, 8:00 pm #45

(31 Aug 2023, 4:27 pm)Iamtheone8483748 Go North East's 16/16A has been terrible today, guessing it's something to do with the diversion in place.

The A692 was closed between Flint Hill and the junction of the A693 resulting in a lengthy diversion.

31 Aug 2023, 8:11 pm #46
Ah, I can imagine it being a pain! Don't regularly use that side of the route so was unaware
Iamtheone8483748
31 Aug 2023, 8:11 pm #46

Ah, I can imagine it being a pain! Don't regularly use that side of the route so was unaware

col87

05 Sep 2023, 9:19 pm #47
The Hartlepool service 7 ( by default the 6 as well) has become completely unreliable since it changed to every 12 minutes. Buses are now coming in 2s more often than they used to they are constantly late now as well meaning they can get full a lot quicker than they used to not helped by the 58/09 plate 397xx Manviros often been put on them. For a what is supposed to be every 12 minutes they are often of up to 20 - 25 minutes now it gone from a decent service to been lucky if it only a few minutes late.
col87
05 Sep 2023, 9:19 pm #47

The Hartlepool service 7 ( by default the 6 as well) has become completely unreliable since it changed to every 12 minutes. Buses are now coming in 2s more often than they used to they are constantly late now as well meaning they can get full a lot quicker than they used to not helped by the 58/09 plate 397xx Manviros often been put on them. For a what is supposed to be every 12 minutes they are often of up to 20 - 25 minutes now it gone from a decent service to been lucky if it only a few minutes late.

Unber43

05 Sep 2023, 10:34 pm #48
21/X21 have to be in contention aswell
Unber43
05 Sep 2023, 10:34 pm #48

21/X21 have to be in contention aswell

tyresmoke

06 Sep 2023, 8:41 pm #49
(30 Aug 2023, 5:28 am)tyresmoke Let’s add Arriva Redcar’s 63 to this list as very rarely do all 13 boards actually run, leaving gaps all over the place. Often down to 10 or 11 most days which just ruins the reliability as the ones behind the gaps get late then drop out leaving a bigger gap and the problem just snowballs. Nothing ever changes though and with Redcar’s fleet getting smaller it’s not going to improve any time soon…!

Monday they were down to just 7 of them out there… literally half of the service missing! And completely unusable as a result. At one point they had 4 in Middlesbrough and 3 in Redcar and nothing in the hour journey either way

tyresmoke
06 Sep 2023, 8:41 pm #49

(30 Aug 2023, 5:28 am)tyresmoke Let’s add Arriva Redcar’s 63 to this list as very rarely do all 13 boards actually run, leaving gaps all over the place. Often down to 10 or 11 most days which just ruins the reliability as the ones behind the gaps get late then drop out leaving a bigger gap and the problem just snowballs. Nothing ever changes though and with Redcar’s fleet getting smaller it’s not going to improve any time soon…!

Monday they were down to just 7 of them out there… literally half of the service missing! And completely unusable as a result. At one point they had 4 in Middlesbrough and 3 in Redcar and nothing in the hour journey either way

Ambassador

06 Sep 2023, 9:10 pm #50
(05 Sep 2023, 10:34 pm)Unber43 21/X21 have to be in contention aswell

The early morning services are particularly bad. They obviously get caught in traffic getting to Chester from riverside and they’ve not built this into the timetable

Wistfully stuck in the 90s
Ambassador
06 Sep 2023, 9:10 pm #50

(05 Sep 2023, 10:34 pm)Unber43 21/X21 have to be in contention aswell

The early morning services are particularly bad. They obviously get caught in traffic getting to Chester from riverside and they’ve not built this into the timetable

06 Sep 2023, 9:49 pm #51
(06 Sep 2023, 9:10 pm)Ambassador The early morning services are particularly bad. They obviously get caught in traffic getting to Chester from riverside and they’ve not built this into the timetable

They get (or once got) twenty minutes to run light between the two. An hour for West, fifty-five for Bishop, and forty for Durham, the lattermost of which I think is perhaps overgenerous compared to twenty minutes to Chester.
R852 PRG
06 Sep 2023, 9:49 pm #51

(06 Sep 2023, 9:10 pm)Ambassador The early morning services are particularly bad. They obviously get caught in traffic getting to Chester from riverside and they’ve not built this into the timetable

They get (or once got) twenty minutes to run light between the two. An hour for West, fifty-five for Bishop, and forty for Durham, the lattermost of which I think is perhaps overgenerous compared to twenty minutes to Chester.

Ambassador

06 Sep 2023, 10:24 pm #52
(06 Sep 2023, 9:49 pm)R852 PRG They get (or once got) twenty minutes to run light between the two. An hour for West, fifty-five for Bishop, and forty for Durham, the lattermost of which I think is perhaps overgenerous compared to twenty minutes to Chester.

Once the A1 and the Birtley cycle way (words fail me!) are completed that should be more than enough. The 6.40 out of Chester seems to be especially hopeless when it gets to me at low fell whereas pre chester closing it was one of few buses to run spot on time.

Ambassador
06 Sep 2023, 10:24 pm #52

(06 Sep 2023, 9:49 pm)R852 PRG They get (or once got) twenty minutes to run light between the two. An hour for West, fifty-five for Bishop, and forty for Durham, the lattermost of which I think is perhaps overgenerous compared to twenty minutes to Chester.

Once the A1 and the Birtley cycle way (words fail me!) are completed that should be more than enough. The 6.40 out of Chester seems to be especially hopeless when it gets to me at low fell whereas pre chester closing it was one of few buses to run spot on time.

Unber43

06 Sep 2023, 10:41 pm #53
Wonder if any of the X21 dead runs would go through Tow Law/Lanchester rather than the A1, probably faster if there is a lot of traffic on the A1
Unber43
06 Sep 2023, 10:41 pm #53

Wonder if any of the X21 dead runs would go through Tow Law/Lanchester rather than the A1, probably faster if there is a lot of traffic on the A1

06 Sep 2023, 11:59 pm #54
(06 Sep 2023, 10:41 pm)Unber43 Wonder if any of the X21 dead runs would go through Tow Law/Lanchester rather than the A1, probably faster if there is a lot of traffic on the A1

The dead running path for those terminating at West is to take the A688 past Thinford and then connect onto the A1 at Bowburn. Those that terminate at Bishop return through Bondgate, up the bank on Durham Road then connect onto the above route at Coundon Gate roundabout.

That said, I once recall seeing a driver terminating at Bishop head down Newgate Street, as if heading out to West in service, to join the A688 from the roundabout at Watling Road akin to those returning light from West.
R852 PRG
06 Sep 2023, 11:59 pm #54

(06 Sep 2023, 10:41 pm)Unber43 Wonder if any of the X21 dead runs would go through Tow Law/Lanchester rather than the A1, probably faster if there is a lot of traffic on the A1

The dead running path for those terminating at West is to take the A688 past Thinford and then connect onto the A1 at Bowburn. Those that terminate at Bishop return through Bondgate, up the bank on Durham Road then connect onto the above route at Coundon Gate roundabout.

That said, I once recall seeing a driver terminating at Bishop head down Newgate Street, as if heading out to West in service, to join the A688 from the roundabout at Watling Road akin to those returning light from West.

07 Sep 2023, 12:13 am #55
(06 Sep 2023, 10:24 pm)Ambassador Once the A1 and the Birtley cycle way (words fail me!) are completed that should be more than enough. The 6.40 out of Chester seems to be especially hopeless when it gets to me at low fell whereas pre chester closing it was one of few buses to run spot on time.

0640 was on a split shift, hence its consistent non-Angel allocation in Chester's final couple of years. Seem to recall it running onto the 50 dupe during the pandemic.
R852 PRG
07 Sep 2023, 12:13 am #55

(06 Sep 2023, 10:24 pm)Ambassador Once the A1 and the Birtley cycle way (words fail me!) are completed that should be more than enough. The 6.40 out of Chester seems to be especially hopeless when it gets to me at low fell whereas pre chester closing it was one of few buses to run spot on time.

0640 was on a split shift, hence its consistent non-Angel allocation in Chester's final couple of years. Seem to recall it running onto the 50 dupe during the pandemic.

Pages (3) Previous 1 2 3

• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average