Menu

North East Buses Local Bus Scene Operations, Management & Infrastructure Bus Times

Bus Times

Bus Times

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Unber43

04 Aug 2023, 6:53 pm #1
Anyone else got the new Bus Times update, its awful!
Unber43
04 Aug 2023, 6:53 pm #1

Anyone else got the new Bus Times update, its awful!

busmanT

04 Aug 2023, 7:17 pm #2
(04 Aug 2023, 6:53 pm)Unber43 Anyone else got the new Bus Times update, its awful!

Doesn’t everyone get it at the same time? 

I think it’s good, showing you the previous days tracking data for each bus. Showing the tracking data to the nearest second is interesting.
busmanT
04 Aug 2023, 7:17 pm #2

(04 Aug 2023, 6:53 pm)Unber43 Anyone else got the new Bus Times update, its awful!

Doesn’t everyone get it at the same time? 

I think it’s good, showing you the previous days tracking data for each bus. Showing the tracking data to the nearest second is interesting.

Unber43

04 Aug 2023, 8:10 pm #3
On my laptop on dark mode it doesn't even come up the map, its just blank

I dont like the new branding colours, the vehicle info bit, or that it shows the recent journey at the top, I do like the addition of previous journeys in the past days and how it gives u the stop in the nearest seconds thats good, but i wish it was just them not everything else that came with it
Unber43
04 Aug 2023, 8:10 pm #3

On my laptop on dark mode it doesn't even come up the map, its just blank

I dont like the new branding colours, the vehicle info bit, or that it shows the recent journey at the top, I do like the addition of previous journeys in the past days and how it gives u the stop in the nearest seconds thats good, but i wish it was just them not everything else that came with it

16 Aug 2023, 7:58 am #4
Noticed on BusTimes this morning that the Stagecoach North East vehicle tracking appears to include predicted journeys for later in the day!
Ianthegoon
16 Aug 2023, 7:58 am #4

Noticed on BusTimes this morning that the Stagecoach North East vehicle tracking appears to include predicted journeys for later in the day!

Unber43

21 Aug 2023, 8:17 pm #5
Can anyone else not get map tracking up on google chrome
Unber43
21 Aug 2023, 8:17 pm #5

Can anyone else not get map tracking up on google chrome

busmanT

22 Aug 2023, 3:56 pm #6
(21 Aug 2023, 8:17 pm)Unber43 Can anyone else not get map tracking up on google chrome

It hasn’t worked on chrome for some time (something that chrome changed), I use safari on my mobile.
busmanT
22 Aug 2023, 3:56 pm #6

(21 Aug 2023, 8:17 pm)Unber43 Can anyone else not get map tracking up on google chrome

It hasn’t worked on chrome for some time (something that chrome changed), I use safari on my mobile.

Unber43

12 Nov 2023, 9:52 pm #7
Wish bus times had a history page of all old routes/times/maps from previous changes would be very nice tbh.

As currently there is no GNE services on bus times to check the times, same on GNE website itself.
Unber43
12 Nov 2023, 9:52 pm #7

Wish bus times had a history page of all old routes/times/maps from previous changes would be very nice tbh.

As currently there is no GNE services on bus times to check the times, same on GNE website itself.

mb134

12 Nov 2023, 9:56 pm #8
(12 Nov 2023, 9:52 pm)Unber43 Wish bus times had a history page of all old routes/times/maps from previous changes would be very nice tbh.

I think this would be quite confusing, particularly for non-enthusiast bus users who use the site to actually plan journeys and check times. Old timetables and previous versions of route maps would be quite misleading. 

It's an information site first and foremost, the vehicle information that is interesting to enthusiasts is just a by-product of that.
mb134
12 Nov 2023, 9:56 pm #8

(12 Nov 2023, 9:52 pm)Unber43 Wish bus times had a history page of all old routes/times/maps from previous changes would be very nice tbh.

I think this would be quite confusing, particularly for non-enthusiast bus users who use the site to actually plan journeys and check times. Old timetables and previous versions of route maps would be quite misleading. 

It's an information site first and foremost, the vehicle information that is interesting to enthusiasts is just a by-product of that.

Unber43

12 Nov 2023, 10:00 pm #9
(12 Nov 2023, 9:56 pm)mb134 I think this would be quite confusing, particularly for non-enthusiast bus users who use the site to actually plan journeys and check times. Old timetables and previous versions of route maps would be quite misleading. 

I think if this would happen it would be on another site, or something in the corner saying History.

As well in my experience most people use either the SCNE or GNE app (not sure about ANE)
Unber43
12 Nov 2023, 10:00 pm #9

(12 Nov 2023, 9:56 pm)mb134 I think this would be quite confusing, particularly for non-enthusiast bus users who use the site to actually plan journeys and check times. Old timetables and previous versions of route maps would be quite misleading. 

I think if this would happen it would be on another site, or something in the corner saying History.

As well in my experience most people use either the SCNE or GNE app (not sure about ANE)

Shrek

12 Nov 2023, 10:58 pm #10
(12 Nov 2023, 10:00 pm)Unber43 I think if this would happen it would be on another site, or something in the corner saying History.

I've been surprised to hear how many people are using Bustimes website over the apps. That said, I find the apps, especially GNE can be highly unreliable, so maybe explains it.
Shrek
12 Nov 2023, 10:58 pm #10

(12 Nov 2023, 10:00 pm)Unber43 I think if this would happen it would be on another site, or something in the corner saying History.

I've been surprised to hear how many people are using Bustimes website over the apps. That said, I find the apps, especially GNE can be highly unreliable, so maybe explains it.

mb134

12 Nov 2023, 11:25 pm #11
(12 Nov 2023, 10:58 pm)Shrek I've been surprised to hear how many people are using Bustimes website over the apps. That said, I find the apps, especially GNE can be highly unreliable, so maybe explains it.

I think it's usually either the top or second from top search result when people search for bus timetables on Google, which probably helps to explain it. It also displays timetable information straight away, unlike the Stagecoach/Arriva/GNE websites which are generally pretty clunky in comparison. 

"22 bus timetable Newcastle", and bustimes.org is the second result for me (same with most Stagecoach services I've tried). 
"308 bus timetable Newcastle", and bustimes.org is the top result (same with most Arriva services I've tried).
mb134
12 Nov 2023, 11:25 pm #11

(12 Nov 2023, 10:58 pm)Shrek I've been surprised to hear how many people are using Bustimes website over the apps. That said, I find the apps, especially GNE can be highly unreliable, so maybe explains it.

I think it's usually either the top or second from top search result when people search for bus timetables on Google, which probably helps to explain it. It also displays timetable information straight away, unlike the Stagecoach/Arriva/GNE websites which are generally pretty clunky in comparison. 

"22 bus timetable Newcastle", and bustimes.org is the second result for me (same with most Stagecoach services I've tried). 
"308 bus timetable Newcastle", and bustimes.org is the top result (same with most Arriva services I've tried).

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average